Actuellement en ligne: 101
Dont membres: 0
|[GUIDE] Enabling POI Alerts on TomTom Start/Ease
|TIP - ENABLING POI ALERTS ON TOMTOM "START"/"EASE" GPS
Start 1 - Start 2 - XL IQ Routes 2 - Ease - XL350 - XXL550
UPDATED 09/2010 : note that TomTom has now reinstated this feature on the XL2, XL350 and XX550 with the v9.150 update, but not for the Start and Ease systems
In late 2009, TomTom released the START in Europe and then the EASE in the USA, both boasting the "EasyMenu™", supposed to be...easier to use, although it could be easily argued in light of TomTom's massive success since 2004 that their previous interface did the job rather well...Conversely it could be argued that the new interface was significantly "dumbed down" and with a notable omission : customized POI alerts...leaving you stuck with having to buy TomTom's inferior (according to those who compared it with community based data) speedcameras.
A first trick was found for the Start v1, but it stopped working on the Start v2, on the XL IQ Routes v2...and the Start v1 with the v9.053 update (released 06/2010). We asked TomTom about that and were told that this was not intentional...anyway here is a way to overcome this. If you have questions or comments you can use the [TIP] Enabling POI Alerts on TomTom Start/Ease topic in the forums.
HOW TO :
1) Create a folder called "SdkRegistry", open it.
2) Creat a text document (.txt) called "tomtom"
3. Copy and paste the following content (suggested by poncespr) in that document :
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1| Just a Filler|
4. Save the document as "tomtom.txt" and rename it to "tomtom.mnu".
5. Copy the "SdkRegistry" folder that contains "tomtom.mnu" at the root of your TomTom GPS
6. Start your TomTom GPS, once in the map navigation screen, tap the screen, this takes you to the "basic" settings menu, then tap "DONE" to be taken to the familiar "advanced" TomTom menus, including on page 3 "Manage POIs", tap on it, then choose "Warn when near POI"
7. You can then configure your POI alerts as usual
8. Once you are happy with the alerts, you can connect your GPS and rename tomtom.mnu to tomtom.mnx (for example) and you'll go back to the "EasyMenu"..
POI Alerts Settings
If you have questions or comments you can use the [TIP] Enabling POI Alerts on TomTom Start/Ease topic in the forums.