Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TIP] Raw logging on nuvi 2xx/5xx/7xx/1xxx/37xx
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2009 :  15:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

That's really odd, had the update to v4.80 been "processed" before you did the hard reset? Have you tried going back to v4.60 to see if it came back?

OK here is the whole story.

I had never used the 'key sequence' before as I had installed neadrenalin's patched firmware so I really had no need for anything else. I then updated to 4.80 and, of course, lost the ability to do logging using the patched firmware so I figured this would be a good time to try the 'key sequence' process which I did successfully.

As mentioned previously, after some testing, I did a hard reset which, as normal, deleted all user data but also disabled the raw logging (no more start recording, stop recording options on the dump screen).

Once I had reset by various user options I attempted to activate logging using the 'key sequence' but was not able to do so. After pressing the "Where Am I" screen areas, I attempt to bring up the Dump data screen as usual. I get a warning screen asking me to confirm Yes or No that I want to delete the log reports. I have to select Yes in order to clear this warning screen. The data on the Dump screen is deleted put no start/stop recording buttons ever appear.

I have now downgraded back to 4.60 and have neadrenalin's patch SD card version working properly again. I may try to update to 4.80 again today to see if the "key sequence" ability reappears as it did the first time I updated but before I did the hard reset.

Strange that I seem to be the only one with this issue so far.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

jotne

Norway
1685 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2009 :  20:34:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I know what you all do wrong.
You need green bar on the satellite page to go into the menu.
Trying this indoor without satellites it will not work....
Menu does not appear.

Previously owned : GPS "eTrex Yellow" "GPSmap 76S" "GPSMap 60CS" "GPSMAP 60CSx" "Nüvi 660"
Unit I have now :"Nüvi 760 EU" "Nüvi 765" "Edge 305" "Colorado 300"
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2009 :  22:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestion. I get a very strong satellite signal in my house so I don't think that's the problem. I know that every time I have attempted this I have a Nearest Address and a Nearest Location showing on the Where Am I page so I must have had a sat lock as neither of these fields would have data in them if I didn't.

Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2009 :  22:28:22  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I must say I'm a bit confused, what is the "Dump data screen" and how do you get there ? Haven't seen these "delete log" warning screens either.

If nothing happens when you follow the key sequence (remember you need to exit "where am I" if you mistype) then it won't work. You may get different results depending on whether you access "Where am I" from the car icon on the map or via the menus.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2009 :  00:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always enter the Where Am I screen from the Menu (Tools - Where Am I? ).

I call this screen the "dump data screen" for lack of a better name:

It's the screen that comes up when you press and hold the speedo :

Probably should have called it the screen with the Dump button on it. Anyway when I press Dump all I get is the warning screen asking me to confirm Yes or No that I want to delete the error reports. I get that warning screen whether there are any error reports listed or not. I had never seen the delete confirmation screen before either but I now get it whenever I press the Dump button.

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 16 mai 2009 00:05:25
Go to Top of Page

jotne

Norway
1685 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2009 :  00:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strange. I do see the problem now.
I did have log run all the time, and was able to go into it, but now I did exit it, and I am not able to get into it any more.

So Garmin did remove the access to the hidden track log in 4.80

I will send Garmin tech a complain.

Previously owned : GPS "eTrex Yellow" "GPSmap 76S" "GPSMap 60CS" "GPSMAP 60CSx" "Nüvi 660"
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2009 :  00:10:55  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A complaint for removing a hidden menu ?!

@NanaimoRick - thanks, I get it now, but why would you go into that menu in relation to logging ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

jotne

Norway
1685 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2009 :  00:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes a complain.
This thread show why. 40 page long thread.
So many do like this function, so why remove it.
Garmin seem to not listen to their users.

PS downgraded back to 4.60, still not able to get work.
Then downgraded to 4.20 and menu came back.
After turning recording on, I did upgrade back to 4.80
Menu still working...

I will test some more later.

Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2009 :  04:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

@NanaimoRick - thanks, I get it now, but why would you go into that menu in relation to logging ?

Once you use the Where Am I method to make logging available you need to go into the Dump screen where the Start Recording/Stop Recording and Start Playback buttons should now appear. As far as I know you can't start the log until you go in there and press Start Recording.

Glad someone else has found the same issue. I thought I was going nuts . Maybe I'll try Jotne's solution and go back to 4.20 and try again.

Go to Top of Page

dcnuvi

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2009 :  22:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick, perhaps this issue is related to the use of neadrenalin's patches as I have never used them and all seems to be funtioning with 4.8 exactly the way it was with 4.6. Something in the software may have been changed not allowing you to use the data logger properly. I have 3 units(760,760,750) here that all took successfully. Sorry.

Nuvi 2460LMT:Galaxy S Vibrant 2.2: Galaxy Tab: GPSMap 60CSx: Vista: past devices 1490 LMT, XXL540TM,Nuvi760, Nuvi670 & TT920
Go to Top of Page

neadrenalin

477 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2009 :  22:13:40  Show Profile  Visit neadrenalin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nuvi 1200 has hidden tracklog menu too (and native track too). But "Where Am I?" menu method does not work.

Sorry for 4.80 missed. Will patch 5-6 bytes again, ASAP. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

mission777

Netherlands
1 Posts

Posted - 22 mai 2009 :  08:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My nuvi running on default V5.00 is showing the raw options with these instructions (source http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=106173)

If your unit has the "Where Am I?" feature, bring up the "Where Am I?" screen. You can get to it by pressing the vehicle icon on the map screen or from "Where Am I?" in the tools. Press in sequence near the corners of the location text box: bottom left, top left, top right, bottom right. This will bring up menus that allow you to record raw navigation data to files and play the files back.

Suc6

===========================
Nuvi 255WT v5.00
==========================
Go to Top of Page

cliffcake

2 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2009 :  15:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone manage to get the hidden menu for writing raw tracklog with Nuvi 860? I have not been able get the menu, despite several downgrades, etc. I would be very grateful if anyone has information on whether it is possible and how to achieve it. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

HalliHallo

18 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2009 :  15:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too got the impression that a Nüvi once 'treated' with a firmware hack by neadrenalin behaves differently afterwards even though later a new version of the official firmware was installed.
Can someone tell me the way to reset all paramters stored in nvram of the Nüvi?
In my case it's a Nüvi 760...

Edited by - HalliHallo on 25 mai 2009 15:33:04
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2009 :  15:51:42  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliffcake

Anyone manage to get the hidden menu for writing raw tracklog with Nuvi 860? I have not been able get the menu, despite several downgrades, etc. I would be very grateful if anyone has information on whether it is possible and how to achieve it. Thanks.

No hidden raw logger has been found on the linux based nuvis so far 8xx, 900, 5000.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05