Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2319

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Smartphones and PDAs with built-in GPS
 [TOPIC] HTC Kaiser/TyTn II, 8925/Tilt - Reviewed
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

gpspassion

94049 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2007 :  11:26:37  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well as you can see from my testing, the antenna is weaker than on competing devices, but with a current AGPS file you really shouldn't be having problems as it tracks down very low. There might be something wrong with your device.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

jerryk

93 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2007 :  01:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With some further testing it looks like the GPS unit is working OK. I took a 60 mile trip today with the Tilt next to the Nuvi 680. The Tilt matched the Nuvi turn for turn. The only strange things were related to the OCN6 software (why is the default scale about 20 feet?).

jerry
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94049 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2007 :  19:44:39  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Full review is available on the portal http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/articles.asp?id=237 ;-)

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94049 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2007 :  11:29:25  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just got a neat accessory for my HTC Kaiser (and Touch Dual too), an audio/USB adapter :

it lets you use any headphones thanks to the standard 3.5mm audio jack and preserves access to USB for connection to a PC or a charger. All for the low price of $5 at Semsons. This is what it looks like on the Kaiser and TD :

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94049 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2008 :  19:25:05  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To start the new year on a high note here is a Qualcomm GPS Tool (found on XDA dev) to experiment with the GPS module inside the Kaiser. Mostly interesting for its ability to send cold/warm/hot/agps start commands. Copy the 3 files to the windows directory and click on GPSTool0813.exe.

I've used it without making any damage but as usual this is to be used under your sole responsibility ;-)

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94049 Posts

Posted - 13 janv. 2008 :  19:56:52  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Feeling a bit lonely here ;-)

For those who want to see the guts of there Kaiser without pulling it apart : HTC_Kaiser_disassembly, a 1.7Mb pdf found on XDA-Dev. Haven't spotted the GPS antenna, can you ?

Go to Top of Page

Bartman_x50v

42 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2008 :  12:59:02  Show Profile  Visit Bartman_x50v's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi gpspassion
In conclusion you write:
"...The results are mixed with lower performance in pedestrian use..."

but if i look the immage seems that Kaiser is better on pedestrian use and not in car use.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94049 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2008 :  14:13:19  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No as you will see in car use and as I commented in detail, it only has problems in covered/underground sections, the rest is fine, in pedestrian mode it is always lagging/off. Remember that in the pedestrian example you took above, static navigation is ACTIVATED on the Mio A501, again, check out the detailed comments;

Go to Top of Page

jerryk

93 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2008 :  17:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

Feeling a bit lonely here ;-)

For those who want to see the guts of there Kaiser without pulling it apart : HTC_Kaiser_disassembly, a 1.7Mb pdf found on XDA-Dev. Haven't spotted the GPS antenna, can you ?

Isn't the antenna the metal strip coming off the jack in the second image? It looks like it would be on the top of the phone when held to the ear.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94049 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2008 :  18:54:10  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let's take a look, you mean this :

Quite possibly, but where would the GSM antenna be then, or maybe it's share. That would certainly explain the difficulty in getting a good signal compared to a patch antenna, even a 12x12 like the one used onthe Mio A701 or Mio A501.I wonder if they were able to fit one of these on the HTC Touch Cruise, probably not.

Go to Top of Page

Bartman_x50v

42 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2008 :  13:38:03  Show Profile  Visit Bartman_x50v's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

No as you will see in car use and as I commented in detail, it only has problems in covered/underground sections, the rest is fine, in pedestrian mode it is always lagging/off. Remember that in the pedestrian example you took above, static navigation is ACTIVATED on the Mio A501, again, check out the detailed comments;

Ok.
Tkx
Go to Top of Page

malvindo

Indonesia
2 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2008 :  09:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I added a stock picture ;-)

It uses the new Qualcom MSM7200 chip, so hopefully the GPS performance has been improved compared to the MSM6275 used on the HTC P3600 as seen in this comparison. It only had problems in dense urban areas and road navigation software would likely "hide" most of the errors.

Can you give some details on the "GPS Quickstart" program? Is it a separate program or does it launch itself automatically when an app connects to the GPS module? If it's the former then it looks like these other "offline AGPS" solutions (see topic) and will need to be added there. If you can make screenshots that would be great!

I heard the TyTnII was a bit on the "heavy" side due to the complexity of the keyboard design, what do you think? Did you have another PDAPhone before?

A GPS too,
performance wise (accuracy n TTFF)
can compare to Global Locate's A GPS @ hw65xx ?
which better? this Qualcom or Global Locate?

hi
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94049 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2008 :  11:01:57  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You mean just the AGPS part? A bit difficult to do. As you can see from the comparisons in the articles though, the MSM7200 appears to be more sensitivie than the "old" GL-20000 so TTFF is faster, generally speaking.

Go to Top of Page

Shinare

71 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  22:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought my daughter a Tilt and wanted to put a GPS software on it. Could someone please recommend to me a good software for it and where I might purchase it? Thanks.

Mio C320, version MioMap V3.3
Firmware: R40+3+9904+0720
Jerry skin DATA 2008.05.12 + Data override
Miopocket 4.0 r66
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94049 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  02:31:46  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Depends on where you are located, in the US iGuidance is a favorite, in Europe that would be TomTom, and you can get them from our friends at semsons.com ;-)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05