Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 www.POInUSA.com - Sharing Custom POIs
 Custom POI "Collections"
 Future Shop - Canada
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hpatlik

1153 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2007 :  06:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Future Shop - Canada

New collection

Manager: hpatlik
Last Update: 11/08/2008
Number of POIs: 74
Coverage: CANADA
Available Format(s): csv (Garmin,...)
Download Link: hpatlik_Futureshop.zip

Hi Jlb,

I sent a new file for Future Shop - Canada. Supplements missing POI's in City Navigator 2008. jpg included in zip.

Please update the new link.

Thanks.

Edited by - hpatlik on 09 nov. 2008 02:39:23

Ads

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2007 :  08:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi hpatlik,

Link and first post updated.

Please supply the number of POIs.

Jean
Team GpsPasSion - Moderator
Go to Top of Page

laurontario

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2007 :  14:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another one which is missing from your list:
Eglinton & Laird
Leaside Power Centre
845 Eglinton Avenue East
East York, Ontario
M4G 4G9
(416) 429-2582
Located at N43 42.765 W79 21.747
Go to Top of Page

hpatlik

1153 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2007 :  03:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Laurantario,

My listing is a supplement to the City Navigator 2008 mapping (Garmin) which includes the Leaside location. I purposely do not duplicate those already in the dbase.

HPatlik

Edited by - hpatlik on 19 oct. 2007 06:03:40
Go to Top of Page

freddyprinze

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2007 :  05:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a newbie to this whole thing so please forgive me for my ignorance. I've read through quite a bit of information in these forums and others.

I just loaded POI for Future Shop and after I load using Garmin's POI Loader into my Garmin nuvi 660, I get the following error message (that I haven't received with other POI databases): "There is a data format error on line 72 of file FutureShop.csv." I've tried several times but can't seem to correct this.

Also, as a side question (I've spent hours trying to look this up but I am probably not using the right terminology): As I'm driving and checking the map, I would like to see a little flag or symbol for Tim Horton's for example when I approach these POI's as I am driving to my primary destination. Is this possible rather than going to Custom POI's and getting directions to the closest Tim Horton's?
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2007 :  08:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome freddyprinze,

You are right. There is a problem at the end of the file with a lot of lines:

Jean
Go to Top of Page

hpatlik

1153 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2007 :  02:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jlb,

I resaved the file and loaded it into a Nuvi 350 and it worked fine. File has been uploaded.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2007 :  08:29:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi hpatlik,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

freddyprinze

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2007 :  20:09:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks hpatlik! I really appreciate the kindness and hard work put in by the people who upload these files!

I would really appreciate it if anyone can answer my other question as I've searched high and low and I don't think I'm using the right terminology (A GPS glossary would really help us newbies!):

As I'm driving and checking the map, I would like to see a little flag or symbol for Tim Horton's for example when I approach these POI's as I am driving to my primary destination. Is this possible rather than going to Custom POI's and getting directions to the closest Tim Horton's? I noticed .bmp files with the .csv files and loaded them (with the exact same file name), but they do not appear on my maps, even if I go to Custom POI's and follow directions on the map-I never see the .bmp image on my maps.
Go to Top of Page

Puffins Nest

33 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2007 :  22:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another one at 20 Stavanger Drive, St. John's, NL A1A 5E8 (709)738-7467 -52.71875 47.61561
Go to Top of Page

hpatlik

1153 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2007 :  23:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Puffins Nest,

Thanks. My listing is geared towards only providing those missing from City Navigator 2008, otherwise, it a significant amount of work to repeat those already present. It does require looking in two places (the regular and Custom POI on a Garmin GPS).

HPatlik
Go to Top of Page

freddyprinze

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 16 nov. 2007 :  19:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddyprinze

Thanks hpatlik! I really appreciate the kindness and hard work put in by the people who upload these files!

I would really appreciate it if anyone can answer my other question as I've searched high and low and I don't think I'm using the right terminology (A GPS glossary would really help us newbies!):

As I'm driving and checking the map, I would like to see a little flag or symbol for Tim Horton's for example when I approach these POI's as I am driving to my primary destination. Is this possible rather than going to Custom POI's and getting directions to the closest Tim Horton's? I noticed .bmp files with the .csv files and loaded them (with the exact same file name), but they do not appear on my maps, even if I go to Custom POI's and follow directions on the map-I never see the .bmp image on my maps.

If anyone can answer this question it would be appreciated. I called Garmin and the tech told me that this can be done, but the .bmp file must be "inserted" in the .csv file for each location. I get the feeling he is wrong and he told me that this would slow down map loading immensely. Can anyone answer my question or direct me to a site that can?

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Dewi

623 Posts

Posted - 16 nov. 2007 :  20:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To have a custom POI icon show up on your map while driving, without having an audible alert, involves two things:

1. Include a 16x16 or 24x24 bmp icon that has the exact same name (before the extension) as your csv file in the folder where you load your POIs from. For example, C:\POI\TimHortons.csv and C:\POI\TimHortons.bmp. There are some POI icons available for download in the first post of this Custom POI "Collections" section. If the bmp file name doesn't happen to match your csv file, just rename it. Alternatively you can edit or create your own bmp icon using something such as MS Paint. Then reload your POIs using POI Loader, ensuring each csv file that you want to have an icon for has a matching bmp.

2. Do not select a proximity alert option for the file(s) when loading them with POI Loader. Instead, you'll have to ensure that your map view is zoomed in enough for the icons to show up. I'm not exactly sure what scale it is, but you have to be zoomed in reasonably close for them to show up along your route.

BTW, for others in general, if you launch POI Loader, on the first window that pops up if you click on the "Help" button it provides a very good explanation of how things work, explaining a lot of things that aren't readily apparent.

Edited by - Dewi on 16 nov. 2007 21:37:55
Go to Top of Page

freddyprinze

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2007 :  17:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dewi!
I've done everything as you've advised and I checked the help file--really helpful!

I did not get a proximity alert option for the file when loading them using the Garmin POI Loader. Did you mean the proximity alert option should be turned off on the GPS itself? Mine is located in Tools>Proximity Points>Alerts>Change>Custom POIs (uncheck?)

Go to Top of Page

Dewi

623 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2007 :  03:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll only get proximity alert options for each POI file if you select manual from the drop-down menu in POI Loader instead of automatic loading (which is the default).
Go to Top of Page

bootprint

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2007 :  07:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New store

1563 The Queensway
Toronto, Ontario
M8Z-1T8
(647) 259-0372
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05