Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 GPS Dataloggers and Geocoding
 [GUIDE] Logging GPS at > 1Hz with a datalogger
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alex47

23 Posts

Posted - 23 août 2007 :  18:25:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GpsView for all os resolve your problem (not change the regional separator coma)

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2007 :  15:17:29  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lyletanner

The logger tool allows you to specify which NMEA sentences to record. The choices given are GGA, GGL, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG, and ZDA (or any combination of these). When I choose to save my log as an NMEA file, I do indeed see the $GPRMC, but when I clear all options and only select RMC, it also forces GGA, GSA, GSA, and GSV with the RMC value. However, my log file only shows $GPGLL, $GPRMC, $GPZDA, and $GPVTG.

Yes, I think this might be a bug as I've been struggling to understand why I wasn't seeing any altitude readings in the GPX and KML files created from the NMEA files exported via the PC App, and then I realized that the GGA messages were missing even though the altitude was logged and appears in the .csv file. Problem is I'm not aware of any tools that can work these .csv files. Having said that I wonder if the guys at gpsvisualizer hand't set up a filter for the 747 files...need to check.

UPDATE - that's it, the setting in the "Log Format" page ONLY apply to the .csv format so if you need a GPX or KML with the full height/speed information you'll need to convert your .csv file via www.gpsvisualizer.com

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 03 sept. 2008 :  19:51:57  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATED 20080903 - datalogging >1Hz can be set directly from the excellent BT747 Program, here's how for 5hz above 50kph for instance
1. Go to the CTRL tab
2. Check Time and type 1
3. Check Speed and type 50
4. Type 200 in Fix
5. Click on SET

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

LaySoft

7 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2009 :  13:25:15  Show Profile  Visit LaySoft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!

Which program can i use for 5Hz logging on pocketpc (windowsmobile)?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Alex47

23 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2009 :  14:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[NOTE BY ADMIN – PLEASE READ EMAIL SENT VIA THE FORUMS – DELETE NOTE AFTER READING, THANKS]
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2009 :  23:16:07  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Depends on what your goal is, but you can log raw NMEA data with a freeware like VisualGPSCE, but we have a dedicated topic to working with receivers at >1Hz : http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76813

Go to Top of Page

T.n.T.

4 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2009 :  20:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I've got a problem here with 5hz internal loggin on my Qstarz BT-Q1000X...
I'm using the BT747 sofware.
I set fix at 200 ms, time at 0.2 seconds (to get 5 logs every second). But I can't get it to work... It automatically gets back to log every 5 seconds :(

Thanks for help, I bought this device just to do this job and I hope I haven't thrown 100 € in the trashcan :(

Edited by - T.n.T. on 04 mars 2009 20:50:52
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2009 :  21:54:19  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you set the speed ? Look up the steps in the first message of this topic.

Go to Top of Page

T.n.T.

4 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2009 :  13:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I though you could do that even without setting speed, but time... I was wrong :)
I now set speed at minimum (10 Km/h), no time, and got 5 logs per second.
Thanks for help ;)
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2009 :  13:04:10  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure, what type of application are you using this for ?

Go to Top of Page

T.n.T.

4 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2009 :  14:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Track timing - racing chrono on bike/auto...
I switch it to log, go in the track and when i get out, I check my timing in the paddock or at home, whithout the need of having a pocketpc or phone with me
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2009 :  15:35:52  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds good you might be interested in this freeware PPC app called chronoGPS http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=78048 the topic is in French but the app can be switched to English.

Go to Top of Page

SportsScientist

2 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2009 :  20:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm looking to use GPS to track my team sport players at 4/5hz. I understand that this is possible if you set the minimum speed using one of the available pieces of software.

I have read a member set a min speed of 10 kph but is it possible to set a min limit of say 1 kph?

1 kph would allow me to differentiate between movement and complete periods of inactivity without loosing too much sensitivity.

Thanks in advance,

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2009 :  21:14:12  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums.

You'd need to experiment, but keep in mind that GPS speed is derived from the position, i.e. there is no movement sensor, and high sensitivity GPS systems like the MTKs tend to "jump around" when standing still as they work with low quality signals, so 5kph would be a better trigger I think.

Go to Top of Page

SportsScientist

2 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2009 :  22:57:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks for your reply.

Interesting. 5 kph is a typical walking speed.

I'm interested in the amount of high intensity running so anything above 18 kph really.

Time motion video analysis is the gold standard in this area at the moment but still has a considerable error so I'm looking to validate the GPS method.

Regards
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05