Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2275

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin Advanced Navigation Systems
 garmin 60csx track log help
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

raptor660kid

2 Posts

Posted - 30 juin 2007 :  22:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought my garmin 60csx, mainly for its tracklog capabilities.
And yes i read the manual, its just kind of confusing to understand here is the quote from the supplied garmin manual, page 27

"Log Track to data card - records the current track log to the microsd in addition to the units internal memory. Using this option allows you to record a large number of track points. This feature is a tool for use by advanced GPS users with special applications for the track log data. Track logs on the data card are .gpx GPS position data files, and are not used by your unit. (Does the last sentence mean that i can save it to my card but i will not be able to read it on the gps but only in my computer mapsource program?)

When you use the track log does that go into the internal memory or to the micro sd? Is there a way to transfer everything to the micro sd card or to both card and internal memory? If i transfer it to the micro sd will my gps be capable of reading it or tracking back, or can it only be read by my computer software (meaning i need to read it off of my laptop).

Ads

Frabble

26 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2007 :  17:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the data card track logs are not available for display on the GPS unit.

When "On", the track log is saved as multiple "ACTIVE LOG" tracks in internal memory for up to 10000 points. "Wrap When Full" will allow overwriting of earlier saved points.
You can also save all or part of the active logs as Saved Tracks to internal memory. You can save up to 20 selections, each represented by up to 500 points. Note that you also lose the date and time stamp and leg details.

Saving the log to the data card also saves each point to a daily .gpx file.

Only the internal memory logs can be displayed on the unit and used for tracback.

You will need to use your laptop to process the logs to transfer between internal memory and the data card.

Go to Top of Page

apersson850

Sweden
1274 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2007 :  23:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only thing you can see, on the GPS itself, regarding these logs on the card, is which files are on the card. As they are named according to the day they were saved, you can effectively check which days you have recorded.

Anders
Go to Top of Page

raptor660kid

2 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2007 :  06:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks that completely answered my question

quote:
Originally posted by Frabble

Yes, the data card track logs are not available for display on the GPS unit.

When "On", the track log is saved as multiple "ACTIVE LOG" tracks in internal memory for up to 10000 points. "Wrap When Full" will allow overwriting of earlier saved points.
You can also save all or part of the active logs as Saved Tracks to internal memory. You can save up to 20 selections, each represented by up to 500 points. Note that you also lose the date and time stamp and leg details.

Saving the log to the data card also saves each point to a daily .gpx file.

Only the internal memory logs can be displayed on the unit and used for tracback.

You will need to use your laptop to process the logs to transfer between internal memory and the data card.

Go to Top of Page

Cres_Activa

Croatia
12 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2008 :  22:30:16  Show Profile  Visit Cres_Activa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We use gps for measuring sailing speed. Is there any advice how to make some kind of "mark" on active log when I overpass gps from one person to other, so that we can later know which part of log woos from which person?

Only idea is to shot dawn shortly to push him to start new active log.

(If log is saved on gps, I loos all data that is important for speed measuring.)

P.S. Can I reset maxspeed, odometar etc... without destroying active logs? (Saved on card)

P.S. What happens when log memory comes to end? (Green line) We save auto logs on card, 50% of log memory is only 1% of card memory... Does GPS start then new active log for that day and new "green line" or I have to download data on PC not to loose time data on logs...

I ask these stupid questions because we get this gps only for 1-2 hours when we sail, so I cant discover too much alone...
Go to Top of Page

J@cob

Netherlands
51 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2008 :  23:18:10  Show Profile  Visit J@cob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cres_Activa

We use gps for measuring sailing speed. Is there any advice how to make some kind of "mark" on active log when I overpass gps from one person to other, so that we can later know which part of log woos from which person

Only idea is to shot dawn shortly to push him to start new active log.
?

(If log is saved on gps, I loos all data that is important for speed measuring.)

You can make a waypoint by pressing the "mark" button at the point where you handover the gps

quote:
P.S. Can I reset maxspeed, odometar etc... without destroying active logs? (Saved on card)

Yes, resetting the trip computer has no effect on the tracklog saved on the data card, it can only, when selected, clear the tracklog on the screen/internal memory

quote:
P.S. What happens when log memory comes to end? (Green line) We save auto logs on card, 50% of log memory is only 1% of card memory... Does GPS start then new active log for that day and new "green line" or I have to download data on PC not to loose time data on logs...

As long as in the tracklogpage logging is set on "on" the tracklog on the data card will continue from 00.00.00 till 23.59.59, day after day after day. On the screen/internal memory of the gps, point 10,001 will overwrite point 1

quote:
I ask these stupid questions because we get this gps only for 1-2 hours when we sail, so I cant discover too much alone...

These are not stupid questions

GPS12-eMap-GPSmap60CSx-GPSMap78s
N51º50'0" E004º58'0"

Edited by - J@cob on 30 oct. 2008 23:21:07
Go to Top of Page

Cres_Activa

Croatia
12 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2008 :  23:11:12  Show Profile  Visit Cres_Activa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THX for answer :)

I discovered it's possibilities and can use it perfect.

But shame (politic) that manual saving of active logs on GPS don't have time information. (I still hope I'm wrong)
Go to Top of Page

J@cob

Netherlands
51 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2008 :  05:50:03  Show Profile  Visit J@cob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're not wrong :-)

N51º50'0" E004º58'0"
Go to Top of Page

anthony_lam8263

Singapore
2 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2009 :  14:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey raptor, read some of your postings and replies. By now, i think u shd be an expert in the GPS60csx. May I check if u know how to read the internal memory ? I had problem reading all my waypoints and tracks which I wrongly configure to save into internal memory. Pls advise. Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by raptor660kid

I just bought my garmin 60csx, mainly for its tracklog capabilities.
And yes i read the manual, its just kind of confusing to understand here is the quote from the supplied garmin manual, page 27

"Log Track to data card - records the current track log to the microsd in addition to the units internal memory. Using this option allows you to record a large number of track points. This feature is a tool for use by advanced GPS users with special applications for the track log data. Track logs on the data card are .gpx GPS position data files, and are not used by your unit. (Does the last sentence mean that i can save it to my card but i will not be able to read it on the gps but only in my computer mapsource program?)

When you use the track log does that go into the internal memory or to the micro sd? Is there a way to transfer everything to the micro sd card or to both card and internal memory? If i transfer it to the micro sd will my gps be capable of reading it or tracking back, or can it only be read by my computer software (meaning i need to read it off of my laptop).

Go to Top of Page

J@cob

Netherlands
51 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2009 :  04:05:55  Show Profile  Visit J@cob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Waypoints are only saved into the internal memory, maximum is 1000 waypoints, they are displayed on your screen.
The waypoint list you see on the unit shows by default the waypoints near your current location.
Your active tracklog, if set to "on" in the tracklog menu is also visible on your screen.
These two you can read also in Mapsource, oziexplorer and many other programs

You cannot configure that active tracks are saved into the internal memory, if you want to save an active track into the internal memory you have to do this in the tracklog menu, they will be reduced to 500 points, loosing time and date.

If you want the tracklog saved on the memory card you have to configure that in the tracklog menu "setting", they will be saved as long as in the first screen of the tracklog menu the "save tracklog" is set to "on"

N51º50'0" E004º58'0"
Go to Top of Page

anthony_lam8263

Singapore
2 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2009 :  15:50:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jacob ... much appreciated for your response.
Go to Top of Page

Maak

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2009 :  21:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J@cob

You cannot configure that active tracks are saved into the internal memory, if you want to save an active track into the internal memory you have to do this in the tracklog menu, they will be reduced to 500 points, loosing time and date.

If you want the tracklog saved on the memory card you have to configure that in the tracklog menu "setting", they will be saved as long as in the first screen of the tracklog menu the "save tracklog" is set to "on"

So on my 60CS, I have tracking switched to on. When I transfer the recorded track to Mapsource, the time of day information is not there. What am I doing wrong?
Go to Top of Page

J@cob

Netherlands
51 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2009 :  23:54:03  Show Profile  Visit J@cob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Maak, a little late but better late then never.:-))

You have to download the track with mapsource before the 10.000 points limit is reached, do not save a track in the gps itself if you want the date and time information.
BTW Are you sure that there is no date and time information, maybe you have to scroll to the right to see it.

N51º50'0" E004º58'0"
Go to Top of Page

davidllpz

Brazil
5 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2010 :  04:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) If I understood, I need to pay attention for tracklog do not exceed 10,000 points on 60Csx, if I want preserve all stored data (date/time/speed and not filtering to 500 points). I would need to transfer to PC before that limit. Is that correct?
2) Is there any software for symbian 60 to transfer eventualy to my E71 Nokia?
Regards. david
Go to Top of Page

J@cob

Netherlands
51 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2010 :  19:55:47  Show Profile  Visit J@cob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1) No, on the CSx you can save your tracklog also on the sd card, then there is no data lost, but Maak has a CS without a sd card slot, so he has to save his tracks on a pc/laptop/notebook before it gets overwritten, but with the methode of saving set on "auto" and "Often" and in normale use you only use 3000 trackpoints a day.

N51º50'0" E004º58'0"

Edited by - J@cob on 18 avr. 2010 20:17:59
Go to Top of Page

davidllpz

Brazil
5 Posts

Posted - 19 avr. 2010 :  03:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J@cob

1) No, on the CSx you can save your tracklog also on the sd card, then there is no data lost, but Maak has a CS without a sd card slot, so he has to save his tracks on a pc/laptop/notebook before it gets overwritten, but with the methode of saving set on "auto" and "Often" and in normale use you only use 3000 trackpoints a day.

J@cob. How do I reach 'often'? Other. If I run 30,0000 points before transfer to Pc, are them safe on cd card? Where a good manual/book for Csx?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05