Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 * Skins for the C320, C520, C720T *
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 311

pearle

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05 nov. 2007 :  23:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to do a reinstall at some point and I noticed that it did not remove the old files...I guess it just overlaid them. I kept getting a strange failure during the reinstall. Apparently it was running out of space. I ended up having to removedall the files under Miomap before reinstalling. After I removed that, it installed fine and things were back to normal.
Go to Top of Page

nightshadow

Australia
90 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2007 :  07:24:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess this thread is the best place for it - not worth a thread of its own.. but has anyone used the calculator that comes in the "tools section" of the c520? Am I the only one who did no realise it came with a currency converter and measurement/weight converter etc built-in ?
Go to Top of Page

thevorlon

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2007 :  14:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have:-) Just wish that it could be accessed from within miomap.
Go to Top of Page

bj_warkentin

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2007 :  15:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tobiasly
So at this point I really just want to get my GPS back to its original factory state. Is there any way to accomplish this without sending it back to Mio? Is there a way I can just wipe out the entire MioMap directory and restore it?

Did you back it up before tweaking it? If so you are golden. Unfortunately I lost the backup I had of all the files but I still have the original DATA.zip file and LANG folder. I have a slightly more complete set of files from just after the 3.3 "Belgium" update (including DATA.zip, MIOMAP, and the license file). Not sure how the licensing for the maps is embeded in the files though.

My suggestion is after making a complete backup, to ensure you can get back to where you are, is getting "known good" copies from a working C520 and replacing what you have, starting with DATA.zip and MIOMAP.exe

I also have a complete set of files, for 3.3 running with Phil's 2.6EN DATA.zip.

bj...c520
Go to Top of Page

baikal

34 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2007 :  19:31:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phi38,

I installed your latest 2.6. It is great, especialy the route comparison.

When I am in the map mode with half menu screen, the Destination is too small.
I am in the USA and the destination shows Address, City, State, and Zipcode. It is unreadable in the half screen mode.
In the previous version I only saw Address.
Go to Top of Page

AlexD

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2007 :  01:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guy's,
I'm a newbe here and have spent quite a few hours reading all the tips and tricks and just wanted to say thanks to all that have contributed to making a great product so much better. I have tried a few different skins now and I'm currently testing phi38's 2.6 version. Awesome!
I have come across one word in French, Under "My Miomap" menu there is a menu setting that says "Bouton mini GPS".
Thats the only one I have found thats still in French.
Great job guy's and look forward to more.
Cheers!!!
Alex. (C520).

Mio C520
Mio Map 3.3 Jul 5th 2007
Maps- Australia 2007.01
Firm- R39+3+9965+0801
(Jerry's Skin - It's Awesome!!!)
Go to Top of Page

wvreenen

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2007 :  19:26:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Phi38,

Thanks for the great job on the skin.
In your version 2.6 I missed the bluetooth button, is that correct?

Also in your skin the buttons are transparent, exept for the one north/compass/flight button.
I found how to change the transparency of it's circle.

In your data.zip\common\map_common.ui this line exists:
map.COMPASSCOLOR #635852 #9494D6

If not present, add this line under the above to enable changing of the circle's transparency:
map.COMPASSALPHA 0

Note:(0..32) is the range of transparency adjustment. And no = between the ALPHA and the number you set (0..32).
I like your modification to compare route calculation choices but I still don't understand the differences in route calculation between easy/economic/short and fast. Every time the Mio surprises me with strange behaviour; choosing narrow roads while there is a much better main road that is only a bit longer. On other occasions Mio every time sends me through city centers that delayes dramatically.
In other skins I've seen (not ajustable in Phi38's skin as far as I know) a parameter ranging from 50 to 100, called correctness factor.

greetings, Wim

- C520t - voice Gonieva - Skin Phi38 -
Go to Top of Page

tobiasly

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2007 :  22:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help guys. I tried doing a reinstall from the CD, and I haven't gotten another crash yet, so hopefully that has taken care of it (I thought the CD just reinstalled the map files but I'm guessing it rewrites everything).

The odd thing now is that MioMap is still saying that it's version 3.3, but it seems to be at the original version 3.2 (e.g. the "mute" button is no longer there, wasn't that added in 3.3?)

I'm guessing I probably just corrupted some other file when I was installing skins; even though I backed up data.zip, restoring that backup before didn't help but reinstalling from CD is more thorough I guess.

Hopefully now I can upgrade to 3.3 and try installing skins again!
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 08 nov. 2007 :  08:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvreenen

Hello Phi38,

Thanks for the great job on the skin.
In your version 2.6 I missed the bluetooth button, is that correct?

Also in your skin the buttons are transparent, exept for the one north/compass/flight button.
I found how to change the transparency of it's circle.

In your data.zip\common\map_common.ui this line exists:
map.COMPASSCOLOR #635852 #9494D6

If not present, add this line under the above to enable changing of the circle's transparency:
map.COMPASSALPHA 0

Note:(0..32) is the range of transparency adjustment. And no = between the ALPHA and the number you set (0..32).
I like your modification to compare route calculation choices but I still don't understand the differences in route calculation between easy/economic/short and fast. Every time the Mio surprises me with strange behaviour; choosing narrow roads while there is a much better main road that is only a bit longer. On other occasions Mio every time sends me through city centers that delayes dramatically.
In other skins I've seen (not ajustable in Phi38's skin as far as I know) a parameter ranging from 50 to 100, called correctness factor.

greetings, Wim

hi,

you're right about compass but I kept the circle in order to better view the compass arrow direction. But alpha could be reduced at least

about route correctness, I remember it existed in old versions of miomap/I-go (I tried a I-go 2006 declination a few days), I believe this parameter defines precision you have in your calculation, it changes calculation speed, but I'm not sure changing it will help miomap to choose "easiest" road when it looks for narrow and complicated route, surely not fastest to compute!

The best to do I think is to put the parameter back and let people test it and make their own opinion, so I'll add it (I could be wrong but it seems it's just hidden!) and let people try and make feedback about their experience...

Skin commun Phi38/Gorgot V2.7b Common skin Phi38/Gorgot V2.7a(EN)
Skin commun Phi38/Gorgot V2.7b-essai performances

Description V2.5 et suivantes
- Description V2.1 à V2.4 - Description V2 - Description V1 à V1.3
Go to Top of Page

bj_warkentin

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - 08 nov. 2007 :  17:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phi38
you're right about compass but I kept the circle in order to better view the compass arrow direction. But alpha could be reduced at least

If you remove the alpha circle, and change the compass "needle" to the raised 3D version, via setting:

[debug]
compass_type=1

in SYS.TXT you get a very readable compass without the distracting (to me) circle around it.

bj...c520
Go to Top of Page

pcvroon

Netherlands
52 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2007 :  11:23:59  Show Profile  Visit pcvroon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
correctness did a good job. But after the july relaese and the 2007 maps it seems to do nothing anymore.

Mio C520
Skin: peterV2.3 with DutchV2.31
dutch mio forum
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2007 :  12:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I added this parameter (not yet in english version) and it works well with july release...

I mean I added it in data.zip
If you're adding it in sys.txt, it can't work because value is forced in data.zip (or you must at least remove it in data.zip)

Skin commun Phi38/Gorgot V2.7b Common skin Phi38/Gorgot V2.7a(EN)
Skin commun Phi38/Gorgot V2.7b-essai performances

Description V2.5 et suivantes
- Description V2.1 à V2.4 - Description V2 - Description V1 à V1.3

Edited by - phi38 on 09 nov. 2007 12:59:17
Go to Top of Page

pcvroon

Netherlands
52 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2007 :  21:30:24  Show Profile  Visit pcvroon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It did work very good with the may version of miomap and maps of 2006.
In the netherlands and Germany it seems like it makes no difference what you set de ncorrectness.
Get the same route with july update and 207.07 maps.

Mio C520
Skin: peterV2.3 with DutchV2.31
dutch mio forum
Go to Top of Page

mrdollar

Sweden
1 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2007 :  11:33:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
When I start miomap.exe picture is horizontal see image. Touch-points are in right place.
How can I change the picture.
\mrdollar
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2007 :  12:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Changed direction on one way streets: Mio behaves awkwardly.

Due to roadworks nearby, a one way street in my village has temporarily had the one way restriction lifted. When I drive this road against the usual direction, the Mio gets quite confused. The arrow backs its way from the road I came from and the screen looks backward towards where I came from.

It seems that Miomap doesn't allow you to drive in the opposite direction. What about emergency vehicles?? In Brussels, many streets that are one way allow bicycles to go in both directions.

Is there any way to influence this behaviour? It appears to me that this "enhancement" of the one way road attribution is unnecessary. The arrow should always show the actual direction that you are driving in.

You can easily test this by walking the opposite direction on a one way street while not changing from vehicle to pedestrian. Btw, I've included the intruction in sys.txt to show one way streets (works in 3D only).

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden
Mio c520t, Garmins iQue 3600, Nüvi 660, 76CS, 60CSx, GPS10, GPS18
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 311 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05