Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2403

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 * Skins for the C320, C520, C720T *
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2007 :  20:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Useful links :
- C520 feedback topic -> >> LINK <<
- Unlocking the C520 -> >> LINK << (Work in Progress)

EDIT BY GPSPASSION 20070524
Thought I would start a thread to contain these..
ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!! If none of this makes sense, don't do it. Don't blame me.

Reading about the mods for the other MIOs, seems like a lot can be done. There are probably a lot more, but this is my first. BTW, seems like this device is "unlocked" as I can get to the files to copy and replace. I guess the other MIOs couldn't do that without a hack being done. Others know more than I do on that subject.

HACK #1
How to turn on the Export button so track logs can be exported...

Hack into the "tracking_480_272.ui" file.

First of all download the data.zip file from your device (under \MIOMAP\MioMap.) KEEP A BACKUP...

1] Unzip your data.zip
2] Find tracking_480_272.ui.
3] Find the line "<BUTTON btn_track_export x=133 y=232 text="Export" bmp="btn_bott65.bmp#3" align="center" w=58 valign="center+4" fontsize=12 fonttype=buttonlabel1 onrelease='run sc_export_current_track' hide>"
4] Remove these 5 characters near the end " hide" so it looks like "..._track'>"
4] save the file.
5] re-zip your data files back to data.zip (mind the directory structure!)
6] copy data.zip back to your device.

Your button should now appear under the track info screen.
Pretty cool! Exports a .gpx file to your SD card (gotta have one) under a directory called \tracks.

Enjoy, and add to the thread.

Ads

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2007 :  20:45:13  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let's be a bit more specific, if only because we already have an "unlocking" thread -> http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=86952 where we're stuck !

I'll rename this one to "tips and tricks".

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  16:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To add a mute button to the map screen, follow the procedure above, but make a few more file modifications listed below (credit to aozeel?, taken from the french pages.)

Places the button above the bluetooth button:

Data.zip: To modify the file: mio \ common \ ui \ default_setup.ui
runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “spr_status_sound.hide”
runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “btn_muted.hide”
runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “spr_IVTState.show”
runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “uibtn_IVTState.show”

To:

; runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “spr_status_sound.hide”
; runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “btn_muted.hide”

Data.zip: To modify the file: mio \ 480_272 \ ui \ map_layers_480_272.ui

<SPRITE spr_IVTState x=289 y=153 z=2 bmp= " $status_ivr_onmap.spr " phase=1 hide>
<BUTTON uibtn_IVTState x=278 y=143 z=1 bmp= " circle.spr " alpha=20 fontsize=12 color=#808080 onclick=' IVT_BLUETOOTH_CLICK' hide>

To:
<SPRITE spr_IVTState x=289 y=194 z=2 bmp= " $status_ivr_onmap.spr " phase=1 hide>
<BUTTON uibtn_IVTState x=278 y=184 z=1 bmp= " circle.spr " alpha=20 fontsize=12 color=#808080 onclick=' IVT_BLUETOOTH_CLICK' hide>

Edited by - GPS-at-large on 25 mai 2007 23:05:28
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  21:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The BT button will be placed beneath the mute button. In my case - after this modification, tapping the BT button opens the tracks screen unless track recording is disactivated. It has a funny tendency to be enabled again.

The file Miomap/SYS.TXT can be modified to

speed up ten times the simulation of driving a route by adding slowsim=0

[debug]
mute_os_key=1
loop_sim=1

Also in the SYS.TXT file, the entry

[speedcam]
;disable="_SUI", "_GER", "_AUT"
usemio=-12,90,37,27
enable_at_startup=1

serves to disable warning for speedcams in those countries since having speed cam POIs for these countries in you unit is now illegal while travelling there.

From forum.pocket.navigation.de - this disabling can be undone by
skipping the entry under [speedcam]

The forum entry says the text is

[speedcam]
disable="_SUI", "_GER", "_AUT" whereas in my c520 there is a semicolon ; in front of the line s indicted above, which by itself should make it inactive.

Even if you activate it, you'r legal as long as you didn't enter any speedcam POIs for Germany, Austria or Switzerland while driving there.

I wonder if would be possible to modify the behaviour when connected to a USB port by changing the parameters in

[usb]
enable_on_shutdown=1
disable_on_startup=0
quitmap_msg_quits=0

Re the track export button: below is a link to the german forum describing it. He has twoline offset=-8> following after track':

<BUTTON btn_track_export x=265 y=0 w=58 text="Export" bmp="btn_bott65.bmp#3" valign="center+5" fonttype=buttonlabel1 fontsize=12 onrelease='run sc_export_current_track' twolineoffset=-8>

http://forum.pocketnavigation.de/thread.php?threadid=1065027&page=2

My button works and it was done according to the german info. Track logs are written to card. Unfortunately, you can't import tracks into the c520t. You need to export the tracks to a PC, make suitable POIs of them there and transform the POI format to something that can be read by the c520t. I know it can be done, but not how to do it.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden
Mio c520t, Garmins iQue 3600, Nüvi 660, 76CS, 60CSx, GPS10, GPS18

Edited by - jonasolof on 25 mai 2007 21:15:08
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  23:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonasolof

The BT button will be placed beneath the mute button. In my case - after this modification, tapping the BT button opens the tracks screen unless track recording is disactivated. It has a funny tendency to be enabled again.

I do not see the bluetooth button behavior that you are experiencing with opening the track log. My bluetooth button opens the pairing screen as expected.

The twolineoffset=-8 must not be that important. Was it there before your mod, or did you add it per his instructions?

[EDIT - FORUM RULES]

This unit has a growing list of bug issues for me. I hope the new image makes it right.

Edited by - GPS-at-large on 25 mai 2007 23:18:16
Go to Top of Page

Zen Cohen

11 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  06:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GPS-at-large

To add a mute button to the map screen, follow the procedure above...

Thanks very much for taking the time to write and post this, GPS-at-large.

I carefully did the hacks set out above, but when I put the data.zip files back the GPS froze at the splash screen every time I tried it. I went back to the orig config. I'm unzipping the data.zip with winzip to my desktop then doing the hacks there, then save it, and replace the data.zip on the GPS with the hacked one. Am I doing something wrong?
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  08:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you recompress each folder contained in data.zip plus the single files into a new data.zip after the modifications?

There's a message on a danish Mio board that you can't use Winzip 11, got to be 10. I use Alphazip, no problem.

[EDIT - FORUM RULES]

OK

for GPS-at-Large

I'll try without the twolineoffset. I added the whole entry according to his instructions. Anyhow, the error shows that it is possible to create new screen buttons to access screens that are too deep down in the menu system.

I don't need Mio Bluetooth, I have a better system in my car. I would rather have a button to fit the created route to screen. Now I need to make three screen taps to do it.

KEYBOARD WITH ACCENTED LETTERS

Scandinavians among others want this to enter POI names. Keyboard files are in the data.zip config/keyboard.ini file

Default keyboards are those without a line lang="...." They loop as you press the "Keys" key on the virtual keyboard. To add a keyboard it's enough to enter e.g.

[panel]
name="QWEÅÄÖ"
layer="ui_kbd_qwerty"
type=3
keys="QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNMÅåÄäÖöÜ
The accented letters take the place of 1234567890, thus you have ten positions.

Could just as well be something like ÖöÄäèéêàüç, I'll add that to the french AZERTY keyboard which appears in my c520 bought in Belgium.

An added qwerty board as above just adds one more in the loop for keyboards (for naming POIs only though).

I wish one could add info to user made POIs and delete single entries.

The danish forum ww.i-go-user.dk has a skin named Mio v3.3 minimod which i.a. takes away the white zone around screen buttons, takes away the milky white bars for street names on top and bottom of screen and makes these streetnames appear in a larger and more legible font. New neat icons on screen for battery, sat, BT, zoom, tilt. The mute button appears below the BT button.

It also omits the speed limit sign in the lower left corner which I would have liked to keep. It also introduces more good looking POI icons which might be too large. A danish keyboard comes with the package, can be edited as mentioned above. Plus some personal design by the author as you enter MioMap.

No code given so if you'd like parts of this, you'd have to compare the data.zip files for changes which I guess there is software which can do.

The Igo and Miomap Fan page has a lot of good tips

http://www.navguide.net/igomiofan/home/p_2/

By adding "show_oneway=1 to the [debug] entry in the SYS.TXT file under Miomap you can have all one way streets show up on the map - but only if you tilt the map slightly in my experience. Really neat. You are also shown streets that you can not enter (pedestrian).

The site has info on map colour editing, modification of voice prompts for routing to have it tell which number you should exit in a roundabout etc. Comment: It might be possible to change the order in which information is given so that the exit number comes first and the distance after: "Take exit two in three hundred meters."

There is a POI editor for user made POIs

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/rubenb/archive/2006/12/30/167135.aspx

editing is done on the PC.

I found an app to show the Mio screen on the PC but it did't install since there is an active sync component missing. I guess Miosync isn't a complete Windows CE sync. I've used a similar app to see the screen of PPC 2003. Only thing I want is a screen shot of the Mio screen.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 26 mai 2007 17:35:45
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  15:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't confirm what version of winzip I used right now, as it was a computer at work. I can check Tuesday, but it sounds like you may want to try an older version.

Edited by - GPS-at-large on 26 mai 2007 15:31:30
Go to Top of Page

xanteen

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  09:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if WIN CE knows when the USB power cuts out? I'd love to figure out a way to have the 520 shut down when I shut off my car. Thanks for all the tips, BTW. Tracklog, Mute button, and speedy sim all seem to be working fine.
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  10:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lowest shut off time for the device in settings is ten minutes. If one can access CE registry, it should be possible to change that. Only, I don't know if one can on this device.

There is a separate thread on unlocking winCE in c520t. No luck so far.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 28 mai 2007 09:32:06
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  15:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To get rid of the Bluetooth button on the map screen, thus allowing the Recording Track Log button to appear and give easy access to track logs. The red dot buttom will only appear if you are currently recording a track log:

Shows the Recording button on the map in lieu of the Bluetooth button:

Data.zip: To modify the file: mio \ common \ ui \ default_setup.ui

To:

;runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “spr_IVTState.show”
;runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “uibtn_IVTState.show”

With all of the mods I've posted above, I now have five buttons vertically stacked on the right side of my map screen.
1. North indicator
2. Satellite status
3. Battery
4. Mute
5. Track log recording

To me, this is just right for my preferences. This also probably explains why jonasolof would go to the track log screen when hitting the bluetooth icon; they were superimposed over each other.
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2007 :  23:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A link to IGO/PDA mill forum with among other things a full list of sys.txt entries

http://my.pdamill.com/viewforum.php?f=52

I like this one in sys.txt

[debug]
show_gps_pos=1

show dot where real position of GPS is (when using lock on road).

When trying it out, I don't see the dot appearing though. Could be that it only works in a special version of iGO

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 01 juin 2007 17:44:19
Go to Top of Page

pwborders

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2007 :  01:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to let everyone know that with a small modification the voice files from OCN6 or the C310x can be used in the 520T.

You have to extract the info.ini file and add tmcsup=1 as the last line in the file. Then insert the corrected file in the zip and it will work on the 520T. There is also a line at the top of th info file in some of them of the form ;GK I think it is just some kind of comment as I found some of the OCN6 files had it and some didn't. Once you have fixed the info.ini files and recreated the zip's just connect the 520T to your computer via USB and go to the MioMAP/VOICE directory and copy your new voices.

I had a problem doing this on my Linux system, I think because the zip version is slightly different. I copied the zip files to the proper place but they didn't show up as choices, even after a hard reset. After I used an older version of winrar it worked perfectly. If you recreate the zip file and it looks correct but doesn't show up under the list on the gps that is probably the problem. Try an older zip program.

Note that when I tried the voice files from OCN6 without this modification they hang the unit when you pick one. Just remember a long hold of the power button gets to the restart (hard reset) option.

Now I have my English female voice back so I am happy.

PeteB

Pete B
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2007 :  14:31:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"An onscreen button to allow us to see the entire route instead of having to tap 3 times would be a good alternative"

here it is!

Modification has to be done into \mio\480_272\ui\navigate_480_272.ui

search for "<layer ui_navigate_static_left>"

and modifiy the clause after the first sprite instruction (addings in bold):

<SPRITE ui_navigate_static_left_topstripe x=0 y=0 z=0 bmp="whitestripe480.bmp" onrelease='NEXTSTATE ST_MANAGE_ROUTE, run sc_common_fitroutetoscreen_cockpit'>

Now by clicking on next road name in top of the screen, you access to the view of the entire route.

Skin commun Phi38/Gorgot V2.7b Common skin Phi38/Gorgot V2.7a(EN)
Skin commun Phi38/Gorgot V2.7b-essai performances

Description V2.5 et suivantes
- Description V2.1 à V2.4 - Description V2 - Description V1 à V1.3

Edited by - phi38 on 22 juin 2007 14:59:53
Go to Top of Page

DUNABLA

63 Posts

Posted - 25 juin 2007 :  15:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A list of programs working on my MIO 520t unlocked with Moonbear MioAutoRun.exe:
Calendrier ( Calendar francisé from XANIA ) no dlls to add
CE OZIExplorer no dlls to add
PocketXpdf no dlls to add
Realnet RealonePlayer no dlls to add
TCMP no dlls to add
Tillanosoft PocketNotepad no dlls to add
WOLFCnu no dlls to add
WOLFToolbar no dlls to add

works one time after installation but no after reset:
Microsoft Reader perhaps dlls on RAM

don't work
Pocket Genealogist V3
Documents to go ( version WM5)

This is a beginning. Thanks all to do the same.
Go to Top of Page

torrid

11 Posts

Posted - 25 juin 2007 :  19:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have spent all of my time trying to get tomtom v6 to work, but no luck. It appears that there are some files missing as I receive tomtomnavigator or one of its components... error message.

I copied over the .dll's from xania's dll package, no luck. I've extensively read through the topics on running tt6 on the c310x, following posts regarding needed files and directory structure. Also, I have not been able to get executabilitycheck.exe to run. It opens up and immediately closes, which makes troubleshooting difficult.

Edited by - torrid on 25 juin 2007 19:18:00
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 26 juin 2007 :  22:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Phi38

Hi I wanted to test the fit route to screen thing, but my navigate_480_272.ui is changed and I don't have the original here while I spend the summer in Sweden (edit found original).

I have a data.zip which I got from a danish site which contains some changes. The white stripe is gone, instead the upcoming road name is shown in a larger font. Same thing with the bottom line with the current street.

I tried to add the changes made by Phi38 at what seemed to be a good place but got an error message. Miomap wouldn't load.

It would be nice if one could have both, that is the upcoming street in a larger font and be able to click on it to fit route to screen. I'll try to upload the .ui file

THis is the name:

dk_navigate_480_272.zip

Which can be downloaded as

www.gpspassion.com/upload/dk_navigate_480_272.zip.

The changes made by Phi38 have been included by me. However, they are in the wrong place I realize after comparing with the original navigate_480_272.zip which had been uploaded by Phi38 as per a link in the french section.

Since the dk file does away with the white field, one can't refer to it. So some changes would have to be made.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 26 juin 2007 23:35:18
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  09:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jonasolof

I looked at your file.
the line you have to modify is this one

<SPRITE ui_navigate_static_left_topstripe x=0 y=0 z=0 bmp="whitestripe480.bmp" alpha=0>

just replace it by
<SPRITE ui_navigate_static_left_topstripe x=0 y=0 z=0 bmp="whitestripe480.bmp" alpha=0 onrelease='NEXTSTATE ST_MANAGE_ROUTE, run sc_common_fitroutetoscreen_cockpit'>

IT should work this way, if not it might be a simple syntax error. If there is any problem, telle me what message you get from mio

Edited by - phi38 on 27 juin 2007 10:01:36
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  13:54:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, it worked. It's great to be able to see the route at once. Just as an explanation to those that didn't try it, one returns to the previous screen by tapping follow. Thanks a lot! It's the best modification I have seen. It should be included by Mio. It works very well also with the danish modification of removing the white band and increasing the font of the present and upcoming roads.

One small remark: If the route heads north, the start will be at the bottom of the screen and hidden by the scale. This could be remedied by moving the scale a few pixels down since the full route screen leaves a couple of millimeters of a margin at the ends of the route. The scale actually interferes otherwhise also so it could well be movied down.

Now the only thing I miss is having TMC event map colour indications of traffic flow on the road, green for little impact, yellow for intermediate and red for standstill or almost standstill. Garmin has this and the colour indication is placed on the side of the road affected by the TMC event. I don't know if flow information is available in the c520t.

Phi38, there is a reward for good community service. If you wish, I'll send you a GNS-GMBH Y-adapter for TMC. Tell me what kind of connectors you need (DIN/ISO/FAKRA) in a mail (via the profile).

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 27 juin 2007 14:40:27
Go to Top of Page

DUNABLA

63 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  14:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Add-on to the list of programs working on MIO 520t "unlocked"

Z4Soft Ptab ( Worksheet ) no DLLs to add Trial version HPC VERSION ONLY
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  16:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jonasolof, could you publish the removal of the white band and font increase separately? I would like those to add to mine individually. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  16:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gps-at-large

to remove white band you just have to add alpha=0 to the line we're talking about. Actually this parameter is managing transparency, and by setting it to zero, you make the white band invisible.

Therefore by adding the same line as I gave to jonas, you can have both modifications at the same time.

btw, there are some more modifications on the french side.
Here's a link (see the last post in the page). If there is something you might be interested in, telle me and I can make a "special" data.zip containing files to modify for the modification you want
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=86707&whichpage=2#top

@Jonasolof

I really thank you a lot for you generous proposition!!!

In fact I have to see which connector is on my car (I'm really dummy in this domain!) before I send you a mail. But once again thank you very much!!!

Concerning TMC colors, sure Mio could make the difference, as flow indication is in the text message you can see by clicking on event button on screen!
Looking at Data.zip files, I have just seen that there exists 2 different pictures for traffic jams : one with 2 cars inside the triangle, and the other with 3 cars inside the triangle. I had not noticed that yet, so I have to make some tests in order to see If mio uses different pictures to make the difference between little and big impact on traffic.

Edited by - phi38 on 27 juin 2007 16:48:33
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  18:03:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The alpha=0 in the line below is what makes the white band totally transparent.

<SPRITE ui_navigate_static_left_topstripe x=0 y=0 z=0 bmp="whitestripe480.bmp" alpha=0 onrelease='NEXTSTATE ST_MANAGE_ROUTE, run sc_common_fitroutetoscreen_cockpit'>

You really should fit route to screen also, it's great.

I can't tell how the font size was increased, since the details of the mods were not given by the author. It's a danish package, including some danish text in the menues so you wouldn't want it. I'll post if he'll tell.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  18:29:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I went ahead and did the whole line and I like it too. The font is what I really want, and I am trying trial and error, but no joy yet.
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  18:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@phi38

I could mail you some modifications that you might want to study. C'est la petite sirène au nord qui me l'a montrée.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 27 juin 2007 18:39:40
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 28 juin 2007 :  11:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great! you can PM me via profile
Please just sum up changes for me!
btw, if you unlocked you mio, you can use CHG96 script developped for C710. It allows you to change your data.zip (so you could also try mine ;-)) and to save /recall routes.

Go to Top of Page

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 28 juin 2007 :  15:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Solution for the C520 TTS stuttering issue here.

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 28 juin 2007 :  18:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@phi38

You havent't included the option to send you an email in your profile. If you don't want to activate it, you can send me a mail via my profile and give your address.

@Supremo

You provided an analysis of the stuttering problem but the solution isn't obvious to me.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden
Go to Top of Page

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 28 juin 2007 :  20:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jonaslof- In my case, the problem appears to occur when I execute Miomap from the Sysinfo Desktop on my unlocked unit. My solution was doing a Hard Reset ('Shutdown' then restart with power switch with the SD card removed) and executing Miomap.exe from the Main Shell. Your mileage may vary...

My conclusion is that stuttering may be caused by asking the CPU to do too many things at once (in my case, Sysinfo running in the background and Miomap.exe running in the foreground). Elimintaing CPU-hogging programs (Sysinfo in my case) mitigated the problem.

Since that post, it appears (in a sample of one) that the May version of Miomap.exe may use fewer CPU resources, giving sufficient overhead to prevent TTS stuttering (although the poster may not be running unlocked with Sysinfo, he didn't state either way). As other users chime in, we may even understand the issue someday.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2007 :  10:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jonasolof

sorry, I opened the PM option in my profile, that's OK now

@supremo

changin voice by a "cool" voice in the french version solves stuttering problems (this "cool" voice is in fact giving less intructions because she usually talks too much in the french version), so I'm not sure it is a CPU problem.
Did you try to watch CPU and memory usage by launching TaskManager when miomap is working? It could give you a clear answer on this question...

Go to Top of Page

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2007 :  12:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really haven't played around with any other voices on my C520 other than Samantha-TTS, but It might be worthwhile to do so.

As far as I know the C520 Settings\Control Panel doesn't have any built in "Taskmanager" like function, unless I've just missed it. Is there a particular external "taskmanager" add-in you have in mind?

Go to Top of Page

skjoeo1

Denmark
25 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2007 :  13:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think the stuttering on my c520t is related to cpu resources, since I can provoke a stuttering voice in the voice selection screen just by playing one of the sample voices. And thats when nothing else is running on the unit.
I get a stutter about every 1 out of 5 voice instructions during a route.
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2007 :  13:45:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To have a task manager, you have to unlock your c520 first.
I made a try a few days ago but just calculated a route, did not try in a real case with voice guidance. It took something like 37MB working all active processes, so it seemed far to be out of memory. I didn't look at CPU usage, I'll try it some time...

Go to Top of Page

marten

4 Posts

Posted - 03 juil. 2007 :  11:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have just connected my unlocked C520t to internet via bluetooth/phone/GPRS, but I'm missing web browser (embeded Explorer doesn't seem to work as a web browser). Does anybody know good web browser for WinCE 5.0 (working on Mio C520) ?
Go to Top of Page

Ziad Krayem

5 Posts

Posted - 03 juil. 2007 :  18:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, has anyone tried running Destinator 6 on their C520? I am in the market for a PND, and the ability to run Destinator 6 is a make-or-brake issue. I travel a lot, and I have destinator maps (Pocket PC) for most of the regions that I visit.
Go to Top of Page

teddy_b

113 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  16:51:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another useful parameter for SYS.TXT - mapfontscale in [interface] section:

[interface]
mapfontscale=100

This changes the size of all fonts used to draw captions on map - street names, route numbers and settlement names. I think the default value is 100, so if you set it to anything greater that 100 your map fonts will be bigger than original. I like 130 - it makes street names easier to read especially in 3D-mode, while doesn't make them too big...
Go to Top of Page

baikal

34 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  17:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phi38,

I was able to find your skin on the French forum. Nice changes.

Is it possible to set Bluetooth volume default to maximum or close to maximum?
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  17:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmm...I don't know, but if your unit is unlocked, you will be able to run control settings on windows CE and see that sound is far from maximum volume, maybe changing this setting can solve your problem?

Go to Top of Page

sis3970

Belgium
22 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  17:34:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baikal

phi38,

I was able to find your skin on the French forum. Nice changes.

Is it possible to set Bluetooth volume default to maximum or close to maximum?

Could you share us that link? My French is as good as your Taiwanese so it's very difficult for me to find it...

Thanks in advance.
Sis

baikal

34 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  18:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know how to share a link yet.

You can take a look on page 2 of this thread. There is a link to the French side of that page. The updated skin is the last response on that French page.
Go to Top of Page

sis3970

Belgium
22 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  19:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I found it.
Does anyone know if its possible to color the planned roads with traffic jams?
Now only the unplanned jammed roads are colored (blue).

Thanks

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  23:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose that by planned roads you mean roads included in a route.

As for colours of jammed roads, did you try the other map colour schemes available? Long shot, I know.

Where I am now, in sparsely populated souteastern Sweden, there are hardly any traffic jams, but since you're in Belgium, the Brussels Ring and the highway to Gent should give ample material for study.

Check this site with online info with the info that your Mio gives you: http://mobiris.irisnet.be/main_en.html

The site gives both the dynamic situation where there are sensors and the static situation with road works. Thus, you can see if there are roadworks that don't cause jams and which really wouldn't need to be shown, or at least could be marked as being currently benign.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 09 juil. 2007 23:52:58
Go to Top of Page

Kustom66

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2007 :  16:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
teddy_b,

GREAT tip on the font size. I increased mine progressively from 130 to 150 yesterday and will probably keep it at 150. Your suggestion took care of the one major complaint I had with the unit - that I couldn't read street names easily.

I use a few of the other sys.txt mods, of which I find turning on the one way street indicators the most useful.
Go to Top of Page

baikal

34 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2007 :  16:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you share the command to enable One Way street indicator?
Go to Top of Page

Kustom66

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2007 :  17:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the SYS.TXT file, either modify or add this line to the [debug] secion:

[debug]
show_oneway=1

For those who are new to this, "1" turns on a function, "0" turns it off. There is a good but incomplete list of commands in SYS.TXT here:

http://my.pdamill.com/viewtopic.php?t=2552&sid=0ac186e1a00cf513b41112930c03e6d2

There is more info sprinkled throughout this thread (make sure you go to pages two and three):

http://www.navguide.net/igomiofan/

Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2007 :  13:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the c520, one way roads will only show if you incline the map slightly.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2007 :  22:46:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did the one way thing and it works great on mine.
I also added another route paramiter called "Easy". It gets mixed results from, "very little improvment" to "much better", most likely area specific. It improved my route to work. It's supposed to avoid smaller or minor and private roads attempting to use major ones.
My wanting to do so came from the route the 520 gave me to work took me out of the way a bit no matter which parameter I used.
I now have, Easy, Fast, Short, Economical.
Go to Top of Page

Kustom66

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  01:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was the command line you added to SYS.TXT to get the "easy" option?
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  03:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kustom66

What was the command line you added to SYS.TXT to get the "easy" option?

The c520 is still locked. This a little deeper in than the sys.txt file editing.
I am running Vista Home Premium. If any of the steps differ from what you get, continue as you think best. Do the backup thing as you prefer.
1. Power up on battery with "never" selected for time-out after no activity.
2. USB to the PC.
3. A vista window appears and asks "Do you want to scan and fix the mio device?" I select "continue without scanning" and also kill the Auto Play window that appears afterwards.
4. Go to, Computer/mio device (*:)/miomap/miomap/data.
5. I extracted the data file contents (uncompressing) copying to a temporary folder on my c:/. Do not attempt to extract the data folder to the mio! You have to extract, or uncompress the text files you will modify for them to save.
6. In the extracted temp file drill down into, miomap/miomap/data/mio/480_272/ui/route_settings_480_272.
7. Find the line,
<SLIDER btn_config1 var=vRouteType value="Fastest|FAST|Shortest|SHORT|Economic|ECO" x=265 y=225 w=115 bmp="sel_left.bmp#2" fontsize=12 fonttype=buttonlabel1 bmp2="sel_right.bmp#2" align="center" valign="center+5" enablekeys=0>
8. Make it read,
<SLIDER btn_config1 var=vRouteType value="Easy|SIMPLE|Fastest|FAST|Shortest|SHORT|Economic|ECO" x=265 y=225 w=115 bmp="sel_left.bmp#2" fontsize=12 fonttype=buttonlabel1 bmp2="sel_right.bmp#2" align="center" valign="center+5" enablekeys=0>

9. I then open another computer window and drill to the original zipped data file on the mio and I copied it to a safe place for back-up.
10. I have the both of the "computer" windows sized so I can see them both. I then right-drag the uncompressed (changed) "route_settings_480_272" file into the mio and select the replace option.

Please note, in my vista OS it automatically re-compresses the file as it does the transfer. You do not want to replace the original compressed file with an uncompressed one. Different machines will act differently.
11. Unplug the USB and start the map and there it is.

Good Luck, and the usual disclaimers apply.

Go to Top of Page

deshwasi

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  05:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
interesting. can you explain where EASY/Simple is defined? is there anything else that can be added to the list?
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  08:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, no other mode. The Easy mode has been present for a long time on Igo, and for reasons I ignore, removed in miomap.
This tip activates this "hidden" mode, but there is no other known.

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  13:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deshwasi

interesting. can you explain where EASY/Simple is defined? is there anything else that can be added to the list?

It's put in front of the Fastest|Fast entry.
There are many things you can do in this manner in various file locations.
Add a one touch fit route to screen.
Speed up simulate by 10 times.
Add a mute button moving the bluetooth button down.
Add an export button in track logs.

All done on mine successfully.
Go to Top of Page

stormz

18 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  20:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a version of the GSFinder+ http://page.freett.com/todamitsu/GSFinderE.htm file manager program that works on the unlocked c520 and/or the c310x GPS units? Let me know if you can find one that works! Thanks, I've tried the HPC files on the site provided, but can't get it to work.

edit: I have found a FileManCE version that works well so far, much better than Windows Explorer:
http://navmanunlocked.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/FileManCE.rar

Edited by - stormz on 13 juil. 2007 20:55:52
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 14 juil. 2007 :  16:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks, I'm having a ball dialing in my c520.
I would like to ask you guys if there is a way to adjust the screen buttons in night mode to become transpaprent.
I love the night mode but the buttons seem to stand out more than I would like as they are the brightest items on the screen.
I read a post on how to remove a white bar on the top of the screen via a transparent alpha=0 setting. I can't find one for the night buttons.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 14 juil. 2007 :  16:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me Again.

I have succesfully added the mute button and, moving the bluetooth button down. I do not have the record self-activation symptom reported here buy another member.
But I would like to ask for another mod moving the record button to the left hand side of the screen where there is available space under the screen tilt arrows?

Go to Top of Page

mio_2006

1 Posts

Posted - 14 juil. 2007 :  21:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To move the BT button to the lower left side edit the following file.

In map_layers_480_272.ui, do the following:

Move the following entries from the group <LAYER ui_gpsstatusonmap> to the group <LAYER ui_zoomcontrolsonmap>:

<SPRITE spr_IVTState x=13 y=194 z=2 bmp="$status_ivr_onmap.spr" phase=1 hide>
<BUTTON uibtn_IVTState x=2 y=184 z=1 bmp="circle.spr" alpha=20 fontsize=12 color=#808080 onclick='IVT_BLUETOOTH_CLICK' hide nostress>

The x and y values for these entries have been changed to relocate the BT button to the lower left side. Moving the entries to the group with the zoom in buttons prevents it from being moved to the right when the side panel is collapsed.

Of course, afthe the file is edited, use the procedures described before to update and deploy the modified data.zip file.

I suppose that the same concept can be used to move the record button.

C310x C520

Edited by - mio_2006 on 14 juil. 2007 21:40:21
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 14 juil. 2007 :  22:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mio_2006

To move the BT button to the lower left side edit the following file.
In map_layers_480_272.ui, do the following......:

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
It just kept sticking in my craw about the record button was overlain by the BT button.

Give me an inch and I'll want a mile........ How about making the night buttons transparent?
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2007 :  00:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found how to dim the night theme buttons. (all but the North Up button)
I changed all the alpha=20 settings to =10 for the circle.spr images. It seems the circle.spr's are the button circles around the symbols. The symbols are .bmp.
They are on the same lines as all the buttons are in map_layers_480_272.
I could not find the north-up circle.spr.
It fades them in the day and night modes. For me the night buttons looked almost solid. Now I can see road lines and text moving under them as she scrolls the map. The day circles really lightened up but not too much. You may be able to adjust them out buy going down to "0". I didn't try it. would one have to enter "00" or "0".

Can someone get me to the north-up, flyover,.... button lines with the .spr? I don't know why it is not there.

Go to Top of Page

teddy_b

113 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2007 :  04:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by therock
Can someone get me to the north-up, flyover,.... button lines with the .spr?

@therock:
Try to add the following line

map.compassalpha 10

to anywhere in cockpit_commoninit script in map_common.ui file.
Go to Top of Page

sis3970

Belgium
22 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2007 :  10:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Add to the list of working programs:
Pocket Controller Pro.

If you want it to run even after a hard reset, you'll have to copy the dll's with the moonbear hack, and add the registry info during the unlock.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apps\SOTI\PocketController\Video]
"Install"="\Windows"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apps\SOTI\PocketController]
"Build"="1229"
"DevInfo"="Type=1"
"Version"="6.00"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apps\SOTI Pocket Controller]
"InstallDir"="\Windows\SOTI\PocketController"
"Instl"=dword:00000001
"InstlDir"="\Windows\SOTI\PocketController"
"InstlDirCnt"=dword:00000002
"IsvFile"="\Windows\SOTI Pocket Controller.DLL"
"CmdFile"="\Windows\SOTI Pocket Controller.DAT"

These files need to be present, so first install the app via activesync, then isolate the files mentioned in the registry entry, and copy them using MioAutorun.exe.

new2gps

14 Posts

Posted - 16 juil. 2007 :  17:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by deshwasi

It's put in front of the Fastest|Fast entry.
There are many things you can do in this manner in various file locations.
Add a one touch fit route to screen.
Speed up simulate by 10 times.
Add a mute button moving the bluetooth button down.
Add an export button in track logs.

All done on mine successfully.

Can you explain how you do all of the above, although I am keenly interested in how the mute button can be added to the map screen.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 16 juil. 2007 :  17:28:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
goto first page of this topic...

Go to Top of Page

new2gps

14 Posts

Posted - 16 juil. 2007 :  19:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thx. I must have missed that. I got it, did it, and it works great! Thanks to everyone!

Bob
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2007 :  01:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found (in a search) how to change the gray compass button to RED and adjust the transparency of it's circle.

In data.zip\common\map_common.ui change the numbers to match this line, map.COMPASSCOLOR #FF0000 #7F0000

If not present, add this line under the above to enable changing of the circle's transparency,
map.COMPASSALPHA 16

Note:(0..32) is the range of transparency adjustment. And no = between the ALPHA and the number you set (0..32).

Edited by - therock on 18 juil. 2007 01:14:14
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2007 :  01:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed a multi format document viewer cenet_viewers full. I unzipped it all to the root. I can open the .pdf, .xls and .doc windows and browse to my documents but they do not display.
What viewers are you guys using?

I searched here for the compatible programs list but cannot find it. I know I have seen it before.

I want viewers & the notepad program.
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2007 :  22:55:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enabled the actual position on map in debug, show_gps_pos=1 but it does not seem to work. I do have lock to road set in the shell settings.

Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2007 :  09:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made a « skin » for c520t (it works also with c320 of course)

Here’s latest v1.2 version :url="http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/phi38_data_1.2.ZIP"

LINK UPDATED ON 20.07.07 10AM (lock time memorisation was overriden by mio default setup)

Here’s a sum up of what it contents :

Cockpit

- mute button added
- buttons icons replaced
- new button – switch 2D/3D. it’s a semi-transparent button hidden behind speed limit panel in lower left corner
- battery level button leads to sound settings instead of advanced settings menu (more useful when driving)
- clic on next street band show whole route in fit to screen mode (go back with follow button or wait..)
- clic on current street band opens route settings

route settings screen

- button added to switch TMC use on/off (this button is hidden too far in the menu in standard mode)
- easy calculation mode added (called « Simple »)

New settings parameters and menus

-in advanced settings menu, the lock on road button is replaced by a button to access detailed advanced settings (formerly hidden menu).
-New advanced route settings menu (U-turn penalty, off-road sensibility…) – in fact formerly hidden menu. Comes with help file
-new parameters in smart zoom settings : min and max zoom level, and parameter to change delay before automatic lock to gps position (30s in standard, here you can set it between 5s and 5 min)

POI

-new POI icons
-POI icons are visible in big size from 0 to 600m, small size from 600 to 1200m (originally big size from 0 to 250m and small size until 500m far). Special settings for petrol stations (visible until 1200m in big size, 2500m in small size)
-POI search around cursor is now allways available (even if gps signal received and no category selected)

Speedcam alert

A new setting added in speedcam settings menu, called « Alerte + ».
Setting can be set to :
Désactivé=off
Visuel = visual only
Visuel et sons = visual and sound alert activated.

What’s this new alert ?

It shows a big icon when approaching speed cam (icons is different between fix speedcams and mobile speedcams) with indication of speed limit and distance in big size too.

When sound alert is on :
-if visual details settings is set to simple : beeps once, just for fix speedcams
-if visual details set to detailed : beeps once, for any speedcam

FlyOver modification : -when running flyover, a popup asks to choose between slow and high speed simulation

Track saving- track export button added

Unfortunately, there are some (but few) french messages you will have to translate if you want to use it , here are the file to modify , and a proposition for translation:

Speedcam alert settings :

mio\480_272\ui/speedcam_480_272.ui

Alerte radar + = speedcam special alert
désactivé|0|Visuel seul|1|Visuel et sons|2 = Off|0|Visual only|1|Visual and sounds|2
Alerte visuelle et sons Alerte + = Visual warning & Speedcam+ sounds

Speed for fly over :
mio\480_272\ui/map_layers_480_272.ui

Fly Over en vitesse\nRapide? = Fast Fly Over ?

I think that’s all, other added parameters are formerly hidden standard mio messages, so they are automatically translated

Hope you’ll find interesting things in it…

Edited by - phi38 on 20 juil. 2007 09:41:22
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2007 :  12:05:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks phi38,

Forgive me but I have never installed a skin but am willing. I have unlocked my c520.
Does it have to be unlocked?
Do I create a folder on my SD card to extract the skin to or copy whole?
I see it's a data.zip file, does it replace my data.zip?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2007 :  12:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, just download the file and rename it data.zip and put it in your flash memory in directory miomap/miomap/, in place of existing data.zip (be sure to save the original one before in order to be able to rollback if you want to come back to standard version)

no unlock or unzip or anything else needed!

Oh, if you want to maek translations, you'll need first to unzip the file on your PC, make the changes in the files needed, and rezip it again, then put it in your mio.

Method to rebuit zip is given in the beginning of this topic, in case of need...

good luck!

EDIT : bug correction on data.zip V1.2, new link in the post above (19.07 2pm) sorry for the bug! hope it's good now...

Edited by - phi38 on 19 juil. 2007 14:33:17
Go to Top of Page

debie

Belgium
13 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2007 :  15:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ users of the English Mio gpspassion board:

I'm using phi38's data.zip from the first version (on the French board), and I have to say : it's a "must have"
It makes a much pleasing device of your 320/520, without difficult changes (only replace the data.zip)

I can only say: many thanks to phi38

Edited by - debie on 19 juil. 2007 15:45:34
Go to Top of Page

baikal

34 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2007 :  17:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phi38,

Thank you for placing your skin on the English side with new changes.
Go to Top of Page

stormz

18 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2007 :  01:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought you might like this page I made to compare the c520 Mio and c310x Mio. It also has links to various programs I'm using on the Mios. Feel free to suggest any other good programs I may try. Let me know what you think:

Mio Visual Comparison Page:
http://www.knology.net/~timwhitten/mio/
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2007 :  09:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very small change this morning on my skin : memorisation of lock time parameter was overriden by mio default setup.
link updated

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2007 :  20:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@phi38 !NICE! on the fly over choices! Having flyover set to fast only in the sys file made short route flyovers a waist. Now we can choose.

I Noticed in fast fly-over mode no street names appear. Perhaps the processor cannot handle it? Is there a setting?

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  01:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A simple sun shade for those in need.
I have mine mounted on the dash directly over the steering wheel. The titanium beauty ring really lights up in the bright sun. It's distracting if anything.
I was in Wal-Mart in the arts & crafts section of the cloth department and happened upon "Darcio Foamies", sheets. They are 9"x12" by 2mm thick. All kinds of colors and the matte black hit on an idea.

I cut a strip about 3" x 9" and razor cut a slit in the middle about 3/4" from the edge as long as the release tab on the mio mount and put it on. It hangs just right with very little shaping. It naturally bends down on the sides just a tad.

Not only does it get rid of the glare of the beauty ring but makes the screen stand out better in bright sun. I had no complaints about screen visability wearing my sunglasses on a bright day but the little shade really made an improvement.
At first I imagined I would have to fold it over the sides but decided to try it flat. Nice. Easy to store flat on the visor and not too obviouse when in use.

Edited by - therock on 21 juil. 2007 01:06:11
Go to Top of Page

Rew452

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  18:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

First of all THANKS Everyone for all of the Great Help!!!

Just got a 520 and I all ready have had the 310X for a couple of months and have the Quicksilver skin any chance this has been updated for the 520???

Rew

Edited by - Rew452 on 21 juil. 2007 18:32:16
Go to Top of Page

skjoeo1

Denmark
25 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2007 :  18:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi phi38,

I have just installed v1.2 of your new "skin", I must say it is GREAT !!!
Thanks phi38 !!

To all: Install it, it's a MUST HAVE !

Now I only have the following improvement suggestions for miomap:
1. The possibility to choose "Find POI's near active route" (as tomtom)
2. Better presentation of relevant TMC events (remove all events that are not close to active route).
3. Possibility to only show POIs and TMC events that a near to active route (and not behind current position) in the right panel on the cockpit view.

I guess that these improvements can not be tweeked in the data.zip file, but need changes in the miomap software? What do you think phi38 ?

Regards
Ole.

Edited by - skjoeo1 on 24 juil. 2007 18:58:23
Go to Top of Page

deshwasi

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2007 :  20:26:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phi38

Unfortunately, there are some (but few) french messages you will have to translate if you want to use it , here are the file to modify , and a proposition for translation:

Speedcam alert settings :

mio\480_272\ui/speedcam_480_272.ui

Alerte radar + = speedcam special alert
désactivé|0|Visuel seul|1|Visuel et sons|2 = Off|0|Visual only|1|Visual and sounds|2
Alerte visuelle et sons Alerte + = Visual warning & Speedcam+ sounds

Speed for fly over :
mio\480_272\ui/map_layers_480_272.ui

Fly Over en vitesse\nRapide? = Fast Fly Over ?

I think that’s all, other added parameters are formerly hidden standard mio messages, so they are automatically translated

Hope you’ll find interesting things in it…

Alerter juste une fois? ... what would that be? "Alert Phone only?" If i got that right i will be so glad i didnt waste any time on French in school :)

edit: ok, i am revising my guess.. maybe "Alert just once ?"

Edited by - deshwasi on 24 juil. 2007 20:28:08
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  00:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YEs, your last answer is good! But in fact it's useless as this sentence is in a line in comment (;)

I made a V1.3 version (not on line yet), same skin but adapted to last mio update (5th july). You could have to make the translation again, sorry...

Go to Top of Page

dedevaho

Belgium
17 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  01:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hy Folks

I'm just adapting my previous modifications to the new data.zip.
I did a test with the old MioMap.exe on the SDcard and this gives an error, with the new one everything was ok.
Even the original Data.zip from the update gives an error.

We can conclude : New Data.zip works only with new MioMap.exe not with the previous one.

Unlocked C520t with several modifications
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  04:24:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have uploaded a US mio c520 skin and would like your help and opinions. I need some help with a couple of rough edges. I am just learning (the hard way & fast) and need a little help.
It's the original theme but has lots of add-on's and features, some of what you may have seen on others.
No custom graphics. Just all the add-ons and hidden features I have found here and there.

(1) I need a map screen button center icon indicating volume control. I have managed to add the text "AUDIO" in the white circle for right now. I don,t mind the text if it would just change to white in night mode. I just don't want a duplicate speaker icon like in the mute button. See the line below in map_layers_480_272.ui.

<BUTTON xxx x=278 y=184 z=0 bmp="circle.spr" alpha=15 fontsize=12 color=#808080 onRelease='NEXTSTATE SETTINGS_VOICE'>
<TEXT xxx x=280y=198 z=1 align="CENTER" text="AUDIO" font="tahomabd" fontsize=10 alpha=20>

(2) I need to move the "FOLLOW" button up a tad on the screen. I moved
the recording/playing indicator/button one position to the left of it's original location just under the FOLLOW button. I replaced the recording/playing button area with the sound settings command (AUDIO button). It overlaps the "FOLLOW" button a bit when they are both displayed. She needs a bump or two up. I cannot for the life of me find the line to adjust the follow button's position or anything to do with it.

I take no credit for discovering any of the things I have done. It all goes to you guys! I just compiled them.

My Add-on's. (Collected from many of the good folks on this board)

* Added mute button.
* Bluetooth button re-located to under tilt buttons.
* Added button to go to the sound settings menu under the mute.
* Recording/Playing button is now one position to the left of it's
original location. (under FOLLOW button.) It only shows when recording or playing.
* Tapping top white stripe to Fits Route To Screen.
* Tapping bottom white stripe repeats Last or current Voice Guidance Command.
* Choosing Flyover pops up "Fast Flyover?" With "Yes" & "No" buttons.
Slow plays with voice guidance.
* Added Export button to track logs. Requires a /Tracks folder on the SD card.
* Added hidden route "Easy" AKA "Simple" to the routing parameters. It uses major roads or the least amount of turns? Doesn't care about mileage or time.
* Advanced settings menu now has access to more detailed advanced settings. Off route sensitivity, Recalculation delay, 3 different U-turn tweaks, Cross boarder, and Lock to road selection is moved to this screen.
* Dimmed the transparency of all the screens button backgrounds. Not on the recording button as I want to notice it.

Have a look.
therock00c520DATA.zip
Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  02:43:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELLO NEW GUY HERE. HOW CAN I ADD (TRUCK) AND CAR POOL OPTION. ANYBODY PLEASE ADVISE

nuvi660 mio 310x mio c520 navigon 7100
Go to Top of Page

deshwasi

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  05:46:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

YEs, your last answer is good! But in fact it's useless as this sentence is in a line in comment (;)

I made a V1.3 version (not on line yet), same skin but adapted to last mio update (5th july). You could have to make the translation again, sorry...

pls do post your skin 1.3 for the new version. i just updated the Mio and it went smooth..
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  12:02:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here it is...

url="http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/phi38_data_v1.3.zip"

this is the same as V1.2 but compliant (is it the good word?) to last mio version (5th July).
Only difference : settings are back instead of sounds settings when clicking on battery button in cockpit

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  12:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ phi38, Talk to me fella! How about the "FOLLOW" button location in the ui files? I need to tweak it in mine but cannot find the line.

Cannot even fine a <Text="FOLLOW" or a FOLLOW.bmp line anywhere!

All your other lines work great on mine. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

tombalt

Poland
12 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  13:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ therock,
You can find the line in: mio\480_272\ui\navigate_480_272.ui

<layer ui_navigate_lock>
<BUTTON nav_btn_lock x=225 y=160 z=100 text="Lock" bmp="$lock.spr" onrelease='run sc_navigate_poiview_off, run sc_navigate_avoidroute_off, run sc_navigate_avoidtmc_off, run nav_lock_pressed' phase=1 fonttype=font1 align="center" valign="center+5" alpha=24>
</layer>

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  16:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tombalt

@ therock,
You can find the line in: mio\480_272\ui\navigate_480_272.ui

<layer ui_navigate_lock>
<BUTTON nav_btn_lock x=225 y=160 z=100 text="Lock" bmp="$lock.spr" onrelease='run sc_navigate_poiview_off, run sc_navigate_avoidroute_off, run sc_navigate_avoidtmc_off, run nav_lock_pressed' phase=1 fonttype=font1 align="center" valign="center+5" alpha=24>
</layer>

Ah! I did see that but the text="Lock" tossed me a curve. I raised an eyebrow to it because I have seen this button in other GPS's rear LOCK. Mine reads FOLLOW.

I'm not where I can experiment until later today but I have a question. I do not see the .bmp or <sprite> entries for FOLLOW. So, if I bump this lock button a few pixles is the FOLLOW text going to follow or be hanging low in the circle?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  17:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is all the same, text is "Lock" in the code and "Follow" on screen because translation file contains following line

Lock="Follow"

All texts are translated when miomap starts
If you move this button, "Follow" text will move the same...

Go to Top of Page

stormz

18 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  17:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the "last mio update (5th july)" and where can I find it?

Thanks...
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  18:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on mio's website www.miotech.be, access first to mioclub, then search for mioupdater download, you'll see there is a version for c320/c520.
Download it and launch it, it will update your miomap to the latest version (5th July)
Mine was dated on March 23rd or March 26 I'm not sure, before update

Go to Top of Page

dedevaho

Belgium
17 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  21:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@stormz

see forum for the update link
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=93110

André

Unlocked C520t with several modifications
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  23:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A place to look at colors and the numbers they use. Put the numbers in the set hex.

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html
Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2007 :  01:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by phi38

Today I Tried Your New Skin. Worked Well But The Analog Speedometer is not reading properly ,its way off the actual speed

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2007 :  02:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For anyone who tried my skin I fixed the recording/playing button overlapping the "FOLLOW" button when both are displayed.

Go to mio\480_272\ui\navigate_480_272.ui. In the line below see where I changed the y=160 to y=140. This bumps it up.

<layer ui_navigate_lock>
<BUTTON nav_btn_lock x=225 y=140 z=100 text="Lock" bmp="$lock.spr" onrelease='run sc_navigate_poiview_off, run sc_navigate_avoidroute_off, run sc_navigate_avoidtmc_off, run nav_lock_pressed' phase=1 fonttype=navactualstreet align="center" valign="center+5" alpha=24>
</layer>

@ phi38 & @tombalt

Thanks for the location and explanation on the lock/follow button.

I managed to move the button up enough to keep it from over-lapping the record button when they are both displayed. But.... I am still missing something.
After moving it up I thought to make things more symmetrical I would like to shift both of them a pixel or two one way or the other sideways.
If I move either one side to side they do strange things.
They will not shift properly with the cockpit when it's opened. The record button's center red dot separates from it also.
Up and down is OK but any side movement whacks it.

Now I am ok with it as is, I was just experementing in a trial & error manner. I suspect because of the cockpit resizing the map, when opened & closed a script or something somewhere needs to be changed to match.

If I do not find that tweak I'll live. All I have left other than this to complete my "Sleeper" c520 skin is a center icon for the Sound settings button. I have text in it right now "AUDIO" that does not change between the day & night modes like the rest.

Sleeper as in a factory-looking with power add-ons under the hood.

Like my truck - I Can't Drive 55!

Go to Top of Page

boon4376

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2007 :  04:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IS there a skin yet that allows to change / skip music (track) playing on the minimized MP3 player?
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2007 :  23:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cannot seem to create a route from a start point other than my current position to another point other than my current position. I guess I need a hand holding on this one. I read and try but...

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2007 :  03:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I cannot seem to create a route from a start point other than my current position to another point other than my current position. I guess I need a hand holding on this one. I read and try but...

OK, I answered my own question.
The key is to set the "Recalculate" option in the general settings menu to "ASK FIRST" or "Disable". Mine was defaulted to "AUTOMATIC". When I would choose start and destination points that were other than my current GPS location and go back to map it would announce "Recalculating" and include my current position in the route. UGH! I even emailed MIO and got a really bad reply.
Now, from the map I choose "Menu" then choose the "Route" icon below,
then "Edit".
Using the buttons below I add my poi's, and arrange them in order of Start (top) and Destination (bottom) with as many via's (in between in order) as I like.

As soon as I add the first poi my current location appears at the top of the list. I just delete it and continue. When all is in the list I back arrow and it's calculated and displayed.

Notes:
To fit route to screen you have to, menu/routes/info/fit to screen. My skin mod to tap the top bar does not do this for me. (for now)
If you want to keep the route, activate record and do a flyover and it will save and you can export if you like.

The first few times I did this Samantha would announce "off route", and ask "recalculate?" and choice buttons popup. I choose cancel.
Some times it seems to skips this and just displays the map.
The voice prompt cuts off the first part of "off" in "off route?" but I get it.

Go to Top of Page

kjeld

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2007 :  08:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the 1.2. and i like it very much. but will it be possible to remove the round speedlimit on the screen, and have can it be done?
thanks
kjeld
Go to Top of Page

kjeld

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2007 :  12:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So please Phi38 can you help me?
and as i can understand you know a lot of the 520T. I have a litte problem. When i have planned a route, and I want to se the route everything is writing in danish, except that it writes "towards" where it in danish should have been "mod" or "imod". Could you please tell me where i can find the word "towards" and change it?
Thanks very much.
kjeld
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2007 :  14:03:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kjeld

So please Phi38 can you help me?
and as i can understand you know a lot of the 520T. I have a litte problem. When i have planned a route, and I want to se the route everything is writing in danish, except that it writes "towards" where it in danish should have been "mod" or "imod". Could you please tell me where i can find the word "towards" and change it?
Thanks very much. kjeld

Try this.
Go to the config folder and look for the text_guidance.csv file. After making a backup change the word in the list as needed.

Let us know.
Go to Top of Page

Anders

Denmark
1 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2007 :  14:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kjeld: Another possibility is to edit the "lang" file which seems to be the translations of the interface to the chosen language.

I our case it is placed in miomap\miomap\lang\danish.zip. Unzip this file and edit i18n\dictionary.lang

I have added to lines to this (place properly the file is sorted):

Fly Over en vitesse\nRapide?="Hurtig simulering"
Towards="Mod"

(The first one is discussed in this thread some pages ago)

Then zip the file back to danish.zip and replace on device. (remember backup etc.)

Anders Berth
Mio C520T
Go to Top of Page

erang

18 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2007 :  17:17:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ phi38
I used your skin 1.2. Working fine and look great, but can not find all the left side controls in the map: zoom in, zoom out, etc. Also, switch 2D-3D behind the speed limit is not working.
The right side controls are working. Also, other new menus and options are working fine.
My Miomap version is v3.3 May 3. C520 was unlocked with Moonbear's beta6 v2.
Any idea what is wrong? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Rew452

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2007 :  20:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here it is...

url="http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/phi38_data_v1.3.zip"

this is the same as V1.2 but compliant (is it the good word?) to last mio version (5th July).
Only difference : settings are back instead of sounds settings when clicking on battery button in cockpit

I have used your 1.2 for few days nd have now tried 1.3 and I like it better except:

When I start MioMap I get the following error at startup:

FFVI error
FFVIERROR: unkown
command
NAME [HAS_AUS_MAP]
SCRIPT [sc_detectskv]

You have to hit OK or X to continue. After that Miomap continurs to load.

Of course if someone else has a answer. please chime in

Thanks
Rew

Edited by - Rew452 on 28 juil. 2007 20:57:55
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2007 :  22:43:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@erang

loosing zoom controls is strange as the only change to it is in the icon look...I wonder if there is a difference between your version and the ones we use in France?(I don't know where you come from)
We had first version dated on march23 (or 26 I'm not sure) and second version (with mioupdater) in July 5.
It seems you have a different one?

@Rew452

"I have used your 1.2 for few days nd have now tried 1.3 and I like it better except:"

it's surprinsing as ther should be no difference (or almost) between two versions. Once again it might be a difference between european and american data.zip leading to some problems using my zip on american miomap?
The bug you have must be due to differences between data.zip as I saw mio fixed some bugs about Australian maps in the new data.zip. Maybe this european data.zip is not usable with american miomap?

@kjeld

"will it be possible to remove the round speedlimit on the screen, and have can it be done?"

it's certainly possible because it has been done on C310/510/710 and code is not very different.
But personnaly I use it and will use it as a button in a next skin, so I'm not very interested in removing it, but searching in skins for miomap v3.2 topic, you might find some ecplanations to make it

About the "Towards" problem, it seems that they have forgotten to translate it as it is the same in french! I think you should apply modification as adviced by Anders

Go to Top of Page

Rew452

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2007 :  22:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phi38,

Anyway could you post your changes so that a US data.zip could be changed?

Also, Can you show where the width of the white bar at bottom screen showing the current street name can be made bigger along with street text; it seems a little small ro me given the screen size and I want to increase it's size.

Thanks
Rew

Edited by - Rew452 on 28 juil. 2007 23:15:05
Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2007 :  01:43:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by erang

@ phi38
I used your skin 1.2. Working fine and look great, but can not find all the left side controls in the map: zoom in, zoom out, etc. Also, switch 2D-3D behind the speed limit is not working.
The right side controls are working. Also, other new menus and options are working fine.
My Miomap version is v3.3 May 3. C520 was unlocked with Moonbear's beta6 v2.
If you go to the menu where you can chose between day or night,there should be a button where you can check on or off to have the left menus on your map

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2007 :  05:59:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have polished my c520 skin a bit. Link at bottom.
It a basically a factory scheme with all the options I could find.
Made the "AUDIO" button better displayed in night mode.
The "FOLLOW" button and "Recording/Playing" button no longer overlap.
The battery status icon is now in color.
The GPS status button now shows status in red, yellow or green.

The list:
* Added mute button.
* Bluetooth button re-located to under tilt buttons.
* Battery status indicator button now shows status in color.
* Added Sound Settings menu button below the mute button (bottom button on right). Text labled "AUDIO".
* Changed GPs Status icon to show status colors Red/Yellow/Green on the dish.
* Recording/Playing button is now one position to the left of it's
original location. (under FOLLOW button.) It only shows when recording or playing.
* The "Follow" aka Lock button has been bumped up up a tad to clear the Recording/Playing button when both are displayed at the same time.
* Tapping top white stripe to Fits Route To Screen.
* Tapping bottom white stripe plays Voice Guidance. Repeats last instruction. If distance was the last heard and it's tapped again it will play again but with the current distance left. There is a slight delay after tapping but not bad. Nice for when distracted and you miss one.
* Choosing Flyover pops up "Fast Flyover?" With "Yes" & "No" buttons.
Slow speed plays with voice guidance.
* Added Export button to track logs. Requires a /Tracks folder on the SC card.
* Added hidden route "Easy" AKA "Simple" to the routing parameters. It uses only major roads or the least amount of turns? Doesn't care about mileage or time.
* Advanced settings menu now has access to more detailed advanced settings. Off route sensitivity, Recalculation delay, 3 different U-turn tweaks, Cross boarder, and Lock to road selection is moved to this screen.
* Dimmed the transparency of the screen button's white circle backgrounds. (Not on the recording button)

I'm done but open to all feedback. sorry for all the wind.

See my SYS.txt list below incase yous conflicts. Note mapfontscale=130.
[interface]
mio=1
width=480
height=272
compass_circle_icon="circle.spr"
rotoffset=5
mapfontscale=130
no_gps_lost_warning=1
[debug]
mute_os_key=1
tts_min_ready_wav= 1
tts_getaway_time=100
sound_q_length=200
compass_type=0
[gps]
baud=57600
port=1
portname_template="VSP%d:"
[speedcam]
disable="_SUI", "_GER", "_AUT"
[bluetooth]
send_showphoneui_on_dial=1
[usb]
enable_on_shutdown=1
disable_on_startup=0
quitmap_msg_quits=0

(EDITED 7/30/07)
(More polishing done. Same link but updated file. See my latest post. )
Don't forget to rename it DATA.zip.
therock520v7

Edited by - therock on 30 juil. 2007 23:56:27
Go to Top of Page

kjeld

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2007 :  08:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the 1.2 and i have unzipped it. I would like to make my fonts/letters bigger and i have read this:
Another useful parameter for SYS.TXT - mapfontscale in [interface] section:

[interface]
mapfontscale=100

This changes the size of all fonts used to draw captions on map - street names, route numbers and settlement names. I think the default value is 100, so if you set it to anything greater that 100 your map fonts will be bigger than original. I like 130 - it makes street names easier to read especially in 3D-mode, while doesn't make them too big..."

but i cant find it. could someone please spell it out for me exactly where it is place, and how i find it.
thanks a lot.
kjeld
Go to Top of Page

erang

18 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2007 :  09:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@mufdvr, bingo! Indeed, there is a bottom near the day-night bottom to turn on-off the left bottom in the map.
Now phi38's 1.2 is fully working! Thanks to phi38, mufdvr, therock and the other contributors.
Go to Top of Page

kjeld

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2007 :  10:13:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where do i find the interface and the sys.txt?
thanks
kjeld
Go to Top of Page

kjeld

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2007 :  11:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have now get remowed the top line. How do i do the same with the bottomline? what shal i write?
thanks
kjeld
Go to Top of Page

kjeld

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2007 :  13:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have cleared the problem with sys.txt.
so if somebody can help me with the bottomline I will be thankfull.
Kjeld
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2007 :  15:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have cleared the problem with sys.txt.
so if somebody can help me with the bottomline I will be thankfull.
Kjeld

I too am learning but have a layer pasted below where my bottom stripe is a button made to enable the current voice command to be repeated or speak when you want it to.
I'm not totally sure but you may be able to fool around with stripe size, font and transparency in this section.
What confuses me are the <SPRITE> locations numbers x, y, z, all being
=0. You may be able to add alpha= and Fontsize= values.

Have fun.

In navigate_480_272.ui.

<layer ui_navigate_static_left>
<SPRITE ui_navigate_static_left_topstripe x=0 y=0 z=0 bmp="whitestripe480.bmp" alpha=25 onrelease='NEXTSTATE ST_MANAGE_ROUTE, run sc_common_fitroutetoscreen_cockpit'>
<SPRITE ui_navigate_static_left_bottomstripe x=0 y=0 z=0 bmp="whitestripe480.bmp" onclick='SAYNEXTCOMMAND'>
<TEXT txt_direction_targetstreet x=0 by=15 w=285 h=19 z=1 FONTTYPE=navactualstreet align="CENTER">
<TEXT txtProgress_navigate GlowSize=3 align="center" x=0 y=116 w=320 fonttype=progress_font >
</layer>
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2007 :  11:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@kjeld : simply Add alpha=0 in bottom line instruction to make it invisible (no white background)

@therock

coordinates for bottom line are changed further in the script.

Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2007 :  11:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mufdvr

HELLO NEW GUY HERE. HOW CAN I ADD (TRUCK) AND CAR POOL OPTION. ANYBODY PLEASE ADVISE

I've seen a script in common/settings_main.ui hiding car pool option...but could you explain to me what is this car pool option?

Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2007 :  13:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mufdvr

I've seen a script in common/settings_main.ui hiding car pool option...but could you explain to me what is this car pool option?

The carpool option lets you chose wether to go on the car pool lane or not. In USA if you are driving by yourself you may not use the carpool lane. This is suppossed to be in route pameter settings.

Go to Top of Page

new2gps

14 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2007 :  15:17:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@the rock Your work intrugues me. Many of the features you put in are the ones I would want. If I want to use your work, do I just download, rename to DATA, backup existing DATA file and then put in your DATA file? Is just the DATA file needed? And, of course, your SYS.txt changes.
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2007 :  16:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@mufdvr

in mio/common/ui/settings_main.ui
find line
run sc_hide_carpool_control
and put it in comment like this
;run sc_hide_carpool_control

not sure it's enough, but you can try.
I wonder if there's a difference with taxi mode? (In France Taxis are allowed driving on car lanes)

Go to Top of Page

baikal

34 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2007 :  16:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it safe to install the July 5th European update on the US C520? Does it affect the TTS?
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2007 :  18:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by new2gps

@the rock Your work intrugues me. Many of the features you put in are the ones I would want. If I want to use your work, do I just download, rename to DATA, backup existing DATA file and then put in your DATA file? Is just the DATA file needed? And, of course, your SYS.txt changes.

Yes you can.
(Always)"Copy" your current data.zip and sys file to a backup place.
Then copy the sys file onto the current one and choose to replace.
Then re-name mine to DATA.zip and copy it to the folder where yours is and choose to replace.

I have my night theme set to the Brown. I don't know if the data file will change it to that in yours or not. It's a personal choice you can change in the mio map menue anyway.

Please let me know and get back to me.

Edited by - therock on 30 juil. 2007 18:26:44
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  00:07:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done a few map screen button alignment adjustments.
I only have to figure out how to bump up the text in the Advanced Settings menu. On the bottom button "Route Options", the "Options" is a tad low. Like I said, I have compiled all these goodies from all the helpful folks around here. I do not know how to bump it up yet.

Any help or feedback of any kind is welcomed and greatly appreciated!

I overwrite my data.zip files to rapid share with the same name. So the link in my latest posts will be the latest version and changes will be explained in the post.

therock520v7
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  03:08:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I only have to figure out how to bump up the text in the Advanced Settings menu. On the bottom button "Route Options", the "Options" is a tad low. Like I said, I have compiled all these goodies from all the helpful folks around here. I do not know how to bump it up yet.
I overwrite my data.zip files to rapid share with the same name. So the link in my latest posts will be the latest version and changes will be explained in the post.

Massaging Done.
Fixed the advanced settings menu "Route Options" text misalignment on the button. Now centered in a single line.

I'm done for a while but do have a wish list. I would like someone to test run it so I know it's as stable on others as it is on mine.

therock520v7

* A "MAP" button on all menu screens going directly back to the map.
* A "Truck" option in "Route Options". There are trucking lanes in some states.
* The TMC button on the map info side panel resulting in a "No TMC reciever connected" window is usless in the US for now. This means it's availble to configure for something useful. Perhaps going directly to "Route Parameters" or fast switch going to and from day & night modes when tapped? Suggestions?

Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  08:07:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"truck" option, you lmean you want the "car pool" option too?
(don't know if it's the same)
You can try advice I gave on this topic yesterday, it might work (or not!)

Go to Top of Page

erang

18 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  11:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ therock
I tryed to use your therock52077 (copied it as data.zip and cut&paste your sys.txt) but got the famous FFUIERROR: Code=8.
American C520 unlocked with Moonbear's 6v2. I changed my Miomap version to May 3.
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  12:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by erang

@ therock
I tryed to use your therock52077 (copied it as data.zip and cut&paste your sys.txt) but got the famous FFUIERROR: Code=8.
American C520 unlocked with Moonbear's 6v2. I changed my Miomap version to May 3.

@ erang, No I don't. Mine is very stable.
Can you try going back then doing it again locked?
I've downloaded my own link and tried it again to verify and it works fine.
Try using your originla sys.txt? Check the renaming. Download it again? Hmmm?
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  12:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baikal

Is it safe to install the July 5th European update on the US C520? Does it affect the TTS?

I think you should mail or phone mio to ask...

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  15:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by erang

@ therock
American C520 unlocked with Moonbear's 6v2. I changed my Miomap version to May 3. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks

I have reverted my 520 back to factory with the DVD. Then downloaded and reloaded my data.zip skin and it works fine.
I dunno what's up on your end.

Was there any more info in the error message? Sometimes it will say something like "Cannot open \data\miomap\miomap\mio\ui\map_layers_480_272" but not always.

If your old sys file does not fix it and you have an SD card create a Tracks folder in the root. The added export button requires this to work. However mine works without a the card in but it tells me about it. Perhaps my skin needs to see it once?

And if you are willing you can try a timley method of replacing ui files one at a time.

Are you running Vista? I am. I have worked on it in XP also. If you are willing to continue let me know I'll help you out.
Perhaps you can upload you original and my skin and let me get them and look them over?

Another

Go to Top of Page

erang

18 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  15:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ therock
I'm going on vacation tomorrow were i will use the GPS, so I will try your suggestions when I'm back. Thanks a lot of your help.
Hope to see good stuff in the forum when I'm back.
Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  17:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@mufdvr

in mio/common/ui/settings_main.ui
find line
run sc_hide_carpool_control
and put it in comment like this

not sure it's enough, but you can try.
I wonder if there's a difference with taxi mode? (In France Taxis are allowed driving on car lanes)

Tried your suggestion. all i got was some text on top of the use traffic info button. Not sure if it says carpool but its possible

Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  17:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yhank you for adding the truck option. I tried to do it my self,but when i went to see my result ,there was another option but it said Larry not truck

Massaging Done.
Fixed the advanced settings menu "Route Options" text misalignment on the button. Now centered in a single line.

I'm done for a while but do have a wish list. I would like someone to test run it so I know it's as stable on others as it is on mine.

therock520v7

* A "MAP" button on all menu screens going directly back to the map.
* A "Truck" option in "Route Options". There are trucking lanes in some states.
* The TMC button on the map info side panel resulting in a "No TMC reciever connected" window is usless in the US for now. This means it's availble to configure for something useful. Perhaps going directly to "Route Parameters" or fast switch going to and from day & night modes when tapped? Suggestions?

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  18:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yhank you for adding the truck option. I tried to do it my self,but when i went to see my result ,there was another option but it said Larry not truck

Hey mfdvr? I don't remember the above line. Can I get the mod details to try this truck add-on??

Edited by - therock on 31 juil. 2007 18:54:39
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  22:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he talks about carpool option I guess...
for uierror with your skin..are you using yourself the same miomap version as erang? (may 3)
If not, don't search further the reason for this problem...

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2007 :  23:07:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

for uierror with your skin..are you using yourself the same miomap version as erang? (may 3)

@phi38
Always A pleasure to hear from you. I got most of my good stuff from your skin's data.zip file line by line. I am into maxing out the c520's stock looking skin with all the bells and whistles.

I'm using the July 5 (or7?). May 3 until I did the Belgium update buy mistake.
I use line commands from all over the place. I don't touch the maps. Strictly user interface.
But if you know something I don't..... I only just started into this.
I certainly want to know for sure why my skin will not run on his.
You did see my reply where I set mine back to factory and downloaded from rapidshare link and it still worked?

I think there is a fat finger involved in sys or ??? When he gets back from vacation we will try again, I hope.
Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  00:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hey mfdvr? I don't remember the above line. Can I get the mod details to try this truck add-on??

There ia a line in mio/common/ui/default_setup.ui
runif vTmp 1 'btn_configuser11.value "Car|0|Taxi|1|Bus|2|Emergency|4|On Foot|5|Bicycle|6"'
Truck is supposed to be #3

Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  00:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

your suggestion for the carpool option in route parameters did work.I tried it on a data zip that did not have the use traffic info. button,and now i have the carpool option, THANK YOU

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  02:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ mufdvr, Thanks!

Ah! Got the Truck vehicle option to show as you said.
runif vTmp 1 'btn_configuser11.value "Car|0|Taxi|1|Bus|2|Truck|3|Emergency|4|On Foot|5|Bicycle|6"'

Now, how do I see the routing difference? I need a route were there are known "No Trucks" zones to see if it works.

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  02:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got another want thats pretty needed. Street names displayed in fast flyover mode.
I use fast mode for long routes but have no idea where I'm at on the route because the street names are no shown. Pretty useless!
The current and next street names are displayed in the upper and lower bars but I would like to see the names of the streets I'm crossing or near by.

I did experiment with the below scripts in map_layers_480_272 but no go. In top one <script fly_over_speed> I changed the FINDPATH_SIMULATE 0 to a 1. This made fast mode go slow. It behaved exactly as slow. I put it back.

Talk To Me!

<script fly_over_speed>
run vCockpitCurrentQuickMenuCloseScript
FINDPATH_SIMULATE 0
vStopFlyoverOnDone.set 0
STATE ST_NAVIGATE
</script>

<script fly_over_slow>
run vCockpitCurrentQuickMenuCloseScript
FINDPATH_SIMULATE 1
vStopFlyoverOnDone.set 0
STATE ST_NAVIGATE
</script>

Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  04:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm back! Curl up by the fire on this one.
FYI, I submit the following for your scrutiny.
I've been busy. In attempt to get the carpool thing...........

In mio/common/ui/settings_main.ui I commented out as shown the ;run sc_hide_carpool_control.

<script init>
run sc_device_islowmem
runif vTmp 1 'nCorrectness.set 88'
else_run 'nCorrectness.set 100'
run sc_settings_routing_init
</script>

Booted up and noticed the text on the "Use Traffic Information" button in Route Parameters menu had the carpool text typed under it. I seen no difference in routing so I reversed it.
I really don't under stand the carpool setting concept either but I'll try almost anything. What is supposed to do?
Durring all this I went to mio/mio/480_272/route_settings_480_272.ui to disable the "Use Traffic Information" text like below.
(the ;debut ajout pman lines were already commented out.) ("debut ajout pman" translateds to english as "addition beginning pman")

;debut ajout pman
; <CHECKBOX xxx x=250 y=160 w=220 var=vTmcUseDataFlag bmp="chk_big1.bmp#2" text="Use traffic information" align="LEFT+35" valign="CENTER+6" fontsize=14 onrelease='ADVNAV_RECALC'>
;fin ajout pman

Before I saved and closed I stumbled upon the following at the bottom. And went ahead and commented the top two entries.

script sc_hide_carpool_control>
;btn_nc_carpool.hide
;btn_nc_carpool_text.hide
btn_nc_crossborder.x 60
btn_nc_crossborder.bmp "chk_big3_sett.bmp#3"
btn_nc_crossborder_text.x 91
btn_nc_crossborder_text.w 170

Then again before the save & close I noticed the following line and deleted the "hide" off at the end of the line.

<TEXT btn_nc_carpool_text x=210 by=218 w=120 align="LEFT" fonttype=buttonlabel1 text="Use car pool" fontsize=12 hide>

Geesh! Before I closed there is this other hide line. Afraid I was not going to boot without errors I chickened out on the "hide" at the end and left it as is.

CHECKBOX xxx x=10 y=10 bmp="chk_big1.bmp#2" var="vAutoPlanning" hide>
<TEXT xxx x=50 y=16 w=140 align="LEFT" fonttype=buttonlabel1 text="Auto Planning" hide>

I boot up and all comes up fine. The TMS text is replaced by Carpool.
I see nothing different in routing but may not know how to confirm, or if there are other things to enable or disable to complete them.

I'm out of control! And I aint scared!

Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  06:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm back! Curl up by the fire on this one.
FYI, I submit the following for your scrutiny.
I've been busy. In attempt to get the carpool thing...........

In mio/common/ui/settings_main.ui I commented out as shown the ;run sc_hide_carpool_control.

<script init>
run sc_device_islowmem
runif vTmp 1 'nCorrectness.set 88'
else_run 'nCorrectness.set 100'
run sc_settings_routing_init
</script>

Booted up and noticed the text on the "Use Traffic Information" button in Route Parameters menu had the carpool text typed under it. I seen no difference in routing so I reversed it.
I really don't under stand the carpool setting concept either but I'll try almost anything. What is supposed to do?
Durring all this I went to mio/mio/480_272/route_settings_480_272.ui to disable the "Use Traffic Information" text like below.
(the ;debut ajout pman lines were already commented out.) ("debut ajout pman" translateds to english as "addition beginning pman")

;debut ajout pman
; <CHECKBOX xxx x=250 y=160 w=220 var=vTmcUseDataFlag bmp="chk_big1.bmp#2" text="Use traffic information" align="LEFT+35" valign="CENTER+6" fontsize=14 onrelease='ADVNAV_RECALC'>
;fin ajout pman

Before I saved and closed I stumbled upon the following at the bottom. And went ahead and commented the top two entries.

script sc_hide_carpool_control>
;btn_nc_carpool.hide
;btn_nc_carpool_text.hide
btn_nc_crossborder.x 60
btn_nc_crossborder.bmp "chk_big3_sett.bmp#3"
btn_nc_crossborder_text.x 91
btn_nc_crossborder_text.w 170

Then again before the save & close I noticed the following line and deleted the "hide" off at the end of the line.

<TEXT btn_nc_carpool_text x=210 by=218 w=120 align="LEFT" fonttype=buttonlabel1 text="Use car pool" fontsize=12 hide>

Geesh! Before I closed there is this other hide line. Afraid I was not going to boot without errors I chickened out on the "hide" at the end and left it as is.

CHECKBOX xxx x=10 y=10 bmp="chk_big1.bmp#2" var="vAutoPlanning" hide>
<TEXT xxx x=50 y=16 w=140 align="LEFT" fonttype=buttonlabel1 text="Auto Planning" hide>

I boot up and all comes up fine. The TMS text is replaced by Carpool.
I see nothing different in routing but may not know how to confirm, or if there are other things to enable or disable to complete them.

I'm out of control! And I aint scared!

The carpool lane is the same as the HOV lane in some highways were if you have more than one person in the car you can get on it. It has less exits.Some places you need at least three persons in the car to use the HOV or Carpool lane

Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  09:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think street names are hidden by miomap in fastflyover mode in order to gain some CPU (because fast flyover takes more and needs speedy animation).
I thinck nothing can be done to change this...

Go to Top of Page

kjeld

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  12:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will be possible on the screen to make a button, so you fast can go to the mp3 player. It would be very nice when you use a fm transmitter together with your 520T.
thanks
kjeld
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  12:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The carpool lane is the same as the HOV lane in some highways were if you have more than one person in the car you can get on it. It has less exits.Some places you need at least three persons in the car to use the HOV or Carpool lane

Ok. We have HOV lanes in the Atlanta area. It may be tough to verify there is more than just another button on the setting screen since they run along the freeway. I'll be trying it out for sure to see if there are actual routing differences.
The same for the Truck vehicle mode too.

What about the Autoplaning hide line?
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  13:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Will be possible on the screen to make a button, so you fast can go to the mp3 player. It would be very nice when you use a fm transmitter together with your 520T.thanks kjeld

@kjeld. Sounds nice but I cannot help you on that one. No 520t cradle in the US or mio TMC agreement. I'm looking at the TMC functions as future settings button and display real-estate. I use XM radio traffic reports in the big cities.
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  13:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think street names are hidden by miomap in fast flyover mode in order to gain some CPU (because fast flyover takes more and needs speedy animation). I think nothing can be done to change this...

@phi38, I would love to give it the opportunity to crash trying. If you run across a command to to enable it let me know.
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  13:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@kjeld

if your unit is unlocked, you can try this :
use quicklaunch.exe

Somewhere tou can find it :
download chg96 route managing app
here's a link to find english version (middle of the page)
http://mio.digiwalker.googlepages.com/wince_progs
quicklaunch.exe and quicklaunch.ini are in utils directory (I'm not sure but try...)

How to use it :
in quicklaunch.ini you decide the button's size and place (in a corner) ,the path to the app you want to launch.
When you're in miomap, you allways see the button and a click goes to your app (/windows/MP3Player.exe for the mio mp3 player)

3 remarks :
1-I just tried and when in mp3player if you try to minimize to see miomap again, it seems to freeze, but you just have to clic anywhere on the screen to fix it
2-You need to have your unit unlocked!
3-To shutdown quicklaunch i only found taskmanager or softreset!

Go to Top of Page

kjeld

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2007 :  14:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks but i have not unlocked the mio 520. Thougt that i perhaps could do it witout to unlock it.
thanks
kjeld
Go to Top of Page

dkh7m

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2007 :  15:40:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apologies if someone has already posted this. i was having little luck getting the hacks to take using WinZip. so i opened data.zip with WinRAR (free app), dragged the files to my desktop, edited, then dragged them back into WinRAR. worked like a charm. i haven't figured out how to edit files directly in WinRAR, but if you're having trouble getting these UI updates to work /w WinZip, give it a shot.
Go to Top of Page

kjeld

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2007 :  19:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when will there be a 1.4? It is all so good.
thanks
kjeld
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2007 :  22:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
be patient, next one is coming soon...still testing!

Go to Top of Page

mufdvr

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03 août 2007 :  01:03:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more question for the experts.When you are using the split screen and have it to show you the nearest poi,s. is there a way to make it show My pois?

Edited by - mufdvr on 03 août 2007 01:04:08
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 03 août 2007 :  02:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you can go to poi mgr and set what you want to show or hide.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 9,19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05