Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 * Skins for the C320, C520, C720T *
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 311

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2007 :  20:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Useful links :
- C520 feedback topic -> >> LINK <<
- Unlocking the C520 -> >> LINK << (Work in Progress)

EDIT BY GPSPASSION 20070524
Thought I would start a thread to contain these..
ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!! If none of this makes sense, don't do it. Don't blame me.

Reading about the mods for the other MIOs, seems like a lot can be done. There are probably a lot more, but this is my first. BTW, seems like this device is "unlocked" as I can get to the files to copy and replace. I guess the other MIOs couldn't do that without a hack being done. Others know more than I do on that subject.

HACK #1
How to turn on the Export button so track logs can be exported...

Hack into the "tracking_480_272.ui" file.

First of all download the data.zip file from your device (under \MIOMAP\MioMap.) KEEP A BACKUP...

1] Unzip your data.zip
2] Find tracking_480_272.ui.
3] Find the line "<BUTTON btn_track_export x=133 y=232 text="Export" bmp="btn_bott65.bmp#3" align="center" w=58 valign="center+4" fontsize=12 fonttype=buttonlabel1 onrelease='run sc_export_current_track' hide>"
4] Remove these 5 characters near the end " hide" so it looks like "..._track'>"
4] save the file.
5] re-zip your data files back to data.zip (mind the directory structure!)
6] copy data.zip back to your device.

Your button should now appear under the track info screen.
Pretty cool! Exports a .gpx file to your SD card (gotta have one) under a directory called \tracks.

Enjoy, and add to the thread.

Ads

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2007 :  20:45:13  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let's be a bit more specific, if only because we already have an "unlocking" thread -> http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=86952 where we're stuck !

I'll rename this one to "tips and tricks".

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  16:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To add a mute button to the map screen, follow the procedure above, but make a few more file modifications listed below (credit to aozeel?, taken from the french pages.)

Places the button above the bluetooth button:

Data.zip: To modify the file: mio \ common \ ui \ default_setup.ui
runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “spr_status_sound.hide”
runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “btn_muted.hide”
runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “spr_IVTState.show”
runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “uibtn_IVTState.show”

To:

; runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “spr_status_sound.hide”
; runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “btn_muted.hide”

Data.zip: To modify the file: mio \ 480_272 \ ui \ map_layers_480_272.ui

<SPRITE spr_IVTState x=289 y=153 z=2 bmp= " $status_ivr_onmap.spr " phase=1 hide>
<BUTTON uibtn_IVTState x=278 y=143 z=1 bmp= " circle.spr " alpha=20 fontsize=12 color=#808080 onclick=' IVT_BLUETOOTH_CLICK' hide>

To:
<SPRITE spr_IVTState x=289 y=194 z=2 bmp= " $status_ivr_onmap.spr " phase=1 hide>
<BUTTON uibtn_IVTState x=278 y=184 z=1 bmp= " circle.spr " alpha=20 fontsize=12 color=#808080 onclick=' IVT_BLUETOOTH_CLICK' hide>

Edited by - GPS-at-large on 25 mai 2007 23:05:28
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  21:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The BT button will be placed beneath the mute button. In my case - after this modification, tapping the BT button opens the tracks screen unless track recording is disactivated. It has a funny tendency to be enabled again.

The file Miomap/SYS.TXT can be modified to

speed up ten times the simulation of driving a route by adding slowsim=0

[debug]
mute_os_key=1
loop_sim=1

Also in the SYS.TXT file, the entry

[speedcam]
;disable="_SUI", "_GER", "_AUT"
usemio=-12,90,37,27
enable_at_startup=1

serves to disable warning for speedcams in those countries since having speed cam POIs for these countries in you unit is now illegal while travelling there.

From forum.pocket.navigation.de - this disabling can be undone by
skipping the entry under [speedcam]

The forum entry says the text is

[speedcam]
disable="_SUI", "_GER", "_AUT" whereas in my c520 there is a semicolon ; in front of the line s indicted above, which by itself should make it inactive.

Even if you activate it, you'r legal as long as you didn't enter any speedcam POIs for Germany, Austria or Switzerland while driving there.

I wonder if would be possible to modify the behaviour when connected to a USB port by changing the parameters in

[usb]
enable_on_shutdown=1
disable_on_startup=0
quitmap_msg_quits=0

Re the track export button: below is a link to the german forum describing it. He has twoline offset=-8> following after track':

<BUTTON btn_track_export x=265 y=0 w=58 text="Export" bmp="btn_bott65.bmp#3" valign="center+5" fonttype=buttonlabel1 fontsize=12 onrelease='run sc_export_current_track' twolineoffset=-8>

http://forum.pocketnavigation.de/thread.php?threadid=1065027&page=2

My button works and it was done according to the german info. Track logs are written to card. Unfortunately, you can't import tracks into the c520t. You need to export the tracks to a PC, make suitable POIs of them there and transform the POI format to something that can be read by the c520t. I know it can be done, but not how to do it.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden
Mio c520t, Garmins iQue 3600, Nüvi 660, 76CS, 60CSx, GPS10, GPS18

Edited by - jonasolof on 25 mai 2007 21:15:08
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  23:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonasolof

The BT button will be placed beneath the mute button. In my case - after this modification, tapping the BT button opens the tracks screen unless track recording is disactivated. It has a funny tendency to be enabled again.

I do not see the bluetooth button behavior that you are experiencing with opening the track log. My bluetooth button opens the pairing screen as expected.

The twolineoffset=-8 must not be that important. Was it there before your mod, or did you add it per his instructions?

[EDIT - FORUM RULES]

This unit has a growing list of bug issues for me. I hope the new image makes it right.

Edited by - GPS-at-large on 25 mai 2007 23:18:16
Go to Top of Page

Zen Cohen

11 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  06:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GPS-at-large

To add a mute button to the map screen, follow the procedure above...

Thanks very much for taking the time to write and post this, GPS-at-large.

I carefully did the hacks set out above, but when I put the data.zip files back the GPS froze at the splash screen every time I tried it. I went back to the orig config. I'm unzipping the data.zip with winzip to my desktop then doing the hacks there, then save it, and replace the data.zip on the GPS with the hacked one. Am I doing something wrong?
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  08:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you recompress each folder contained in data.zip plus the single files into a new data.zip after the modifications?

There's a message on a danish Mio board that you can't use Winzip 11, got to be 10. I use Alphazip, no problem.

[EDIT - FORUM RULES]

OK

for GPS-at-Large

I'll try without the twolineoffset. I added the whole entry according to his instructions. Anyhow, the error shows that it is possible to create new screen buttons to access screens that are too deep down in the menu system.

I don't need Mio Bluetooth, I have a better system in my car. I would rather have a button to fit the created route to screen. Now I need to make three screen taps to do it.

KEYBOARD WITH ACCENTED LETTERS

Scandinavians among others want this to enter POI names. Keyboard files are in the data.zip config/keyboard.ini file

Default keyboards are those without a line lang="...." They loop as you press the "Keys" key on the virtual keyboard. To add a keyboard it's enough to enter e.g.

[panel]
name="QWEÅÄÖ"
layer="ui_kbd_qwerty"
type=3
keys="QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNMÅåÄäÖöÜ
The accented letters take the place of 1234567890, thus you have ten positions.

Could just as well be something like ÖöÄäèéêàüç, I'll add that to the french AZERTY keyboard which appears in my c520 bought in Belgium.

An added qwerty board as above just adds one more in the loop for keyboards (for naming POIs only though).

I wish one could add info to user made POIs and delete single entries.

The danish forum ww.i-go-user.dk has a skin named Mio v3.3 minimod which i.a. takes away the white zone around screen buttons, takes away the milky white bars for street names on top and bottom of screen and makes these streetnames appear in a larger and more legible font. New neat icons on screen for battery, sat, BT, zoom, tilt. The mute button appears below the BT button.

It also omits the speed limit sign in the lower left corner which I would have liked to keep. It also introduces more good looking POI icons which might be too large. A danish keyboard comes with the package, can be edited as mentioned above. Plus some personal design by the author as you enter MioMap.

No code given so if you'd like parts of this, you'd have to compare the data.zip files for changes which I guess there is software which can do.

The Igo and Miomap Fan page has a lot of good tips

http://www.navguide.net/igomiofan/home/p_2/

By adding "show_oneway=1 to the [debug] entry in the SYS.TXT file under Miomap you can have all one way streets show up on the map - but only if you tilt the map slightly in my experience. Really neat. You are also shown streets that you can not enter (pedestrian).

The site has info on map colour editing, modification of voice prompts for routing to have it tell which number you should exit in a roundabout etc. Comment: It might be possible to change the order in which information is given so that the exit number comes first and the distance after: "Take exit two in three hundred meters."

There is a POI editor for user made POIs

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/rubenb/archive/2006/12/30/167135.aspx

editing is done on the PC.

I found an app to show the Mio screen on the PC but it did't install since there is an active sync component missing. I guess Miosync isn't a complete Windows CE sync. I've used a similar app to see the screen of PPC 2003. Only thing I want is a screen shot of the Mio screen.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 26 mai 2007 17:35:45
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  15:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't confirm what version of winzip I used right now, as it was a computer at work. I can check Tuesday, but it sounds like you may want to try an older version.

Edited by - GPS-at-large on 26 mai 2007 15:31:30
Go to Top of Page

xanteen

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  09:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if WIN CE knows when the USB power cuts out? I'd love to figure out a way to have the 520 shut down when I shut off my car. Thanks for all the tips, BTW. Tracklog, Mute button, and speedy sim all seem to be working fine.
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  10:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lowest shut off time for the device in settings is ten minutes. If one can access CE registry, it should be possible to change that. Only, I don't know if one can on this device.

There is a separate thread on unlocking winCE in c520t. No luck so far.

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 28 mai 2007 09:32:06
Go to Top of Page

GPS-at-large

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  15:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To get rid of the Bluetooth button on the map screen, thus allowing the Recording Track Log button to appear and give easy access to track logs. The red dot buttom will only appear if you are currently recording a track log:

Shows the Recording button on the map in lieu of the Bluetooth button:

Data.zip: To modify the file: mio \ common \ ui \ default_setup.ui

To:

;runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “spr_IVTState.show”
;runif vDeviceType “MIOC520” “uibtn_IVTState.show”

With all of the mods I've posted above, I now have five buttons vertically stacked on the right side of my map screen.
1. North indicator
2. Satellite status
3. Battery
4. Mute
5. Track log recording

To me, this is just right for my preferences. This also probably explains why jonasolof would go to the track log screen when hitting the bluetooth icon; they were superimposed over each other.
Go to Top of Page

jonasolof

Belgium
255 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2007 :  23:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A link to IGO/PDA mill forum with among other things a full list of sys.txt entries

http://my.pdamill.com/viewforum.php?f=52

I like this one in sys.txt

[debug]
show_gps_pos=1

show dot where real position of GPS is (when using lock on road).

When trying it out, I don't see the dot appearing though. Could be that it only works in a special version of iGO

Jonas Lönnroth
Belgium & Sweden

Edited by - jonasolof on 01 juin 2007 17:44:19
Go to Top of Page

pwborders

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2007 :  01:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to let everyone know that with a small modification the voice files from OCN6 or the C310x can be used in the 520T.

You have to extract the info.ini file and add tmcsup=1 as the last line in the file. Then insert the corrected file in the zip and it will work on the 520T. There is also a line at the top of th info file in some of them of the form ;GK I think it is just some kind of comment as I found some of the OCN6 files had it and some didn't. Once you have fixed the info.ini files and recreated the zip's just connect the 520T to your computer via USB and go to the MioMAP/VOICE directory and copy your new voices.

I had a problem doing this on my Linux system, I think because the zip version is slightly different. I copied the zip files to the proper place but they didn't show up as choices, even after a hard reset. After I used an older version of winrar it worked perfectly. If you recreate the zip file and it looks correct but doesn't show up under the list on the gps that is probably the problem. Try an older zip program.

Note that when I tried the voice files from OCN6 without this modification they hang the unit when you pick one. Just remember a long hold of the power button gets to the restart (hard reset) option.

Now I have my English female voice back so I am happy.

PeteB

Pete B
Go to Top of Page

phi38

France
737 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2007 :  14:31:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"An onscreen button to allow us to see the entire route instead of having to tap 3 times would be a good alternative"

here it is!

Modification has to be done into \mio\480_272\ui\navigate_480_272.ui

search for "<layer ui_navigate_static_left>"

and modifiy the clause after the first sprite instruction (addings in bold):

<SPRITE ui_navigate_static_left_topstripe x=0 y=0 z=0 bmp="whitestripe480.bmp" onrelease='NEXTSTATE ST_MANAGE_ROUTE, run sc_common_fitroutetoscreen_cockpit'>

Now by clicking on next road name in top of the screen, you access to the view of the entire route.

Skin commun Phi38/Gorgot V2.7b Common skin Phi38/Gorgot V2.7a(EN)
Skin commun Phi38/Gorgot V2.7b-essai performances

Description V2.5 et suivantes
- Description V2.1 à V2.4 - Description V2 - Description V1 à V1.3

Edited by - phi38 on 22 juin 2007 14:59:53
Go to Top of Page

DUNABLA

63 Posts

Posted - 25 juin 2007 :  15:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A list of programs working on my MIO 520t unlocked with Moonbear MioAutoRun.exe:
Calendrier ( Calendar francisé from XANIA ) no dlls to add
CE OZIExplorer no dlls to add
PocketXpdf no dlls to add
Realnet RealonePlayer no dlls to add
TCMP no dlls to add
Tillanosoft PocketNotepad no dlls to add
WOLFCnu no dlls to add
WOLFToolbar no dlls to add

works one time after installation but no after reset:
Microsoft Reader perhaps dlls on RAM

don't work
Pocket Genealogist V3
Documents to go ( version WM5)

This is a beginning. Thanks all to do the same.
Go to Top of Page

torrid

11 Posts

Posted - 25 juin 2007 :  19:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have spent all of my time trying to get tomtom v6 to work, but no luck. It appears that there are some files missing as I receive tomtomnavigator or one of its components... error message.

I copied over the .dll's from xania's dll package, no luck. I've extensively read through the topics on running tt6 on the c310x, following posts regarding needed files and directory structure. Also, I have not been able to get executabilitycheck.exe to run. It opens up and immediately closes, which makes troubleshooting difficult.

Edited by - torrid on 25 juin 2007 19:18:00
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 311 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05