Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GPS Programming
 "Beta" GPS software
 [TOPIC] DG-100 Manager - GPX Viewer/GeoCode
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 25 avr. 2007 :  11:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NOTE BY GPSPASSION : The original DG-100 manager is no longer being maintained but it lives on as DGManager.NET and you can use this topic to discuss it too.

DG-100 Manager

The GlobalSat DG-100 (*1) is a very good device, but many people don't
like the software shipped with it.

Thanks to the Specs (*2) released by GlobalSat and to some
reverse-engeneering, I'm writing a replacement software.

http://www.pixel.k.free.fr/soft/DGm/0036/ScrShot.gif

rbluff c# port (details into this thread,
this port is now way more powerfull than
my own last version) :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dgmanager-net/

Update 2008/11/28

• Option to save separate GPX trkseg

• Option to join tracks (edition menu) ** EXPERIMENTAL**

Binary (309 ko) : http://www.knackes.com/soft/DGm/0042/DGManager0042.rar
Source (30 ko) : http://www.knackes.com/soft/DGm/0042/DGManager0042src.rar

External dependencies :
* ComPort Library (http://sourceforge.net/projects/comport
* ICS (http://www.overbyte.be/eng/products/index.html)

Commented specs : Embeded in the source archive.
(The original specs have errors and missing information)

(*1) : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=74316
(*2) : http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=607

Edited by - Pixel_K on 27 nov. 2008 04:47:08

Ads

uffe73

15 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2007 :  13:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great piece of work you've put in here! The application received from GlobalSat definitely needed a challenger

Regarding DG Manager, I've had a quick go with it and it works quite well, but some finetuning is still needed. I can, for instance, not get the integration with Google Maps to work properly. The default position in the Google Maps window is always somewhere in the atlantic ocean west of Africa and I have to zoom out and move to the area where my track was recorded. I'm sure this is something you can fix quite easily.

Further more, I can't figure out what the preview window is for. It is always empty for me. I have tried selecting parts of my recorded route to see if it is displayed, but nothing appears in the window. Might be that I'm doing something wrong or merely don't understand the feature.

I'll be happy to test later beta releases of this software. The DG-100 is a nice little device - once you've received a fix, that is. The TTFF is unfortunately too long and I wouldn't trust the reception from inside a back pack. Must have something to do with the positioning of the antenna. My Holux GR-213 mouse receiver (using the first SirfIII chip) that I'm using in my car is a whole lot quicker in attaining a fix, even after not being used for a long time.

Good luck with your work and let us know of your progress!
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2007 :  19:21:17  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, thanks for sharing.
Certainly speedier than the original software a few comments/suggestions :
1. Yes preview only seems to work with existing gsd files
2. Same here for GM maps, over Africa, but not wit
3. Would be nice to have an option to save to the .gsd format for archiving puposes
4. Conversely can't export from a previously loaded gsd files
5. Is it possible to have GM refresh when select different portions ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2007 :  22:51:21  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your feedback.
I got no problem myself so far. I'll make a save to GSD option so that you can send me data to find this bug.
I think the problem of "no preview" and "miss-centred google maps" are linked, but I've not been able to reproduce what you're describing so far.
I'm looking at all the points you both submitted, Next release should be 1st of May (maybe not addressing all of them).

Update 1st of May:

Added GSD save and a few bugfixes/changes/additions.
If you still encounter non-showing preview or miss-centered Google maps, please send me a GSD from the Data that causes it.

Edited by - Pixel_K on 01 mai 2007 01:11:22
Go to Top of Page

uffe73

15 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2007 :  12:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problems I encountered appeared with data just read from the DG-100. If I open a gsd file that was previously saved from the Globalsat application, DG-100 Manager seems to work fine. Why do these scenarios create a difference?

Another thing; saving a gsd file from DG-100 Manager doesn't seem to work. The file I saved from the Globalsat application was 42 KB while the same track created from DG-100 Manager was only 2KB and created no map picture when it was reloaded into the app. I'd be happy to send you the files so that you can have a look at them.

Ulf

Edited by - uffe73 on 01 mai 2007 12:21:00
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2007 :  17:10:11  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I sent you an email with details and link to a verbose version. Thanks for your precious help.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2007 :  08:51:03  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you get my email ? Because I've received no answer so far, and I wasn't able to reproduce your problem here.
Go to Top of Page

Speigei

17 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2007 :  23:13:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Pixel_K: I have a question that is only indirectly related to this thread (question about checksum calculation) and thus would be inapropriate to ask here; posting here is the only way I can get a hold of you: I would really appreciate it if you would let me know your email address (speigei@hotmail.com) so I can contact you. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2007 :  22:23:54  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't request email contacts, see the rules, the forums are fine for that type of question.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

pekvari

3 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2007 :  19:23:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I'm also having the same problem(s). Recorded one hour in 3 sec interval in "position, time, date and speed"-mode. Reading the device with Dg100m results with only one point from each 95-point "file" and no preview. Globalsat software reads all points ok.

Also after reading the device with GS software and saving the result as GSD file and opening the GSD with Dg100m, date/time information is lost in all points. The GSD in question file can be downloaded from:
http://www.pekkavaris.net/riihivuori14052007.gsd
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2007 :  20:36:45  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you try the latest version ? (v0.0.27.269)
Because here at least it loads you gsd fine and all data are available.
If your problem persists with the latest version I can send you a verbose version so I can track the bug down.
Go to Top of Page

pekvari

3 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2007 :  20:51:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have v0.0.27.269 version. When I open the GSD file above, the table says for all track points time 0:00:00 date 30.12.1899. Saving the GSD again with Dg100m gives file:
http://www.pekkavaris.net/riihivuori14052007b.gsd
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2007 :  05:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K, thanks for working on this project. I have a problem, which you can see in the GSD files generated from the GlobalSat utility VS DG-100 Manager. The longitude is not correct and there is an unusual character (-) in the longitude field. Compare the two GSD files found here: http://pdxsports.com/downloads/gsd.zip

You'll also note that the GlobalSat utility uses local time (Pacific Daylight Time), which is a nice feature.

Let me know what additional information you need. Thanks!

Wayne
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2007 :  11:10:53  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your feedback, I'll work on those problems.

Edit :

I think I correctd the "-" problem. But for the time display i'm not so sure, could you please make me a screenshot of how Globlasat's software displays your data ? It seems to be different on my computer and on yours.

Edited by - Pixel_K on 15 mai 2007 12:14:19
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2007 :  20:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I will test and send the screen shot tonight (GMT -7).
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2007 :  07:45:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the GlobalSat Tree View: http://pdxsports.com/downloads/globalsat_tree.gif

I believe that it adjusts the time to the current time zone.

Also, it would be nice if there were support for Imperial units in the configuration screen, like in the globalsat program. (Us folks in the USA would appreciate it!)
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2007 :  07:54:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also seeing that the longitude is not downloading correctly using DG100M. For example, the first point downloaded by the GlobalSat is correct at 45321115,-123070082. DG100M downloads the same point as 45321115,-122529917 which is incorrect. So let me know what else I can do to help troubleshoot. Here are the GSD files to help:
http://pdxsports.com/downloads/gsd2.zip

Edited by - wfpdx on 16 mai 2007 08:01:27
Go to Top of Page

dusko

4 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2007 :  11:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have dowbload CodeGear RAID studio to play with source code a bit. When running the projet I got an error Class TCOMCOMBOBOX not found. Any idea what is missing the the code provided.
Go to Top of Page

dusko

4 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2007 :  11:35:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have downloaded source code and Delphi 2007 to play with it. When I run the project I got Error: Class TComComboBox not found. Any idea what am I missing ?
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2007 :  13:00:28  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wfpdx : I'll send you the last verbose version, I need more data to correct this bug

dusko : Added depencies to the initial post. What you're missing is http://sourceforge.net/projects/comport/ . It was compiled with Delphi 7, no guaranties that it will work on any other version, but it should.
Go to Top of Page

dusko

4 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2007 :  13:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I did download cport-3.10.zip
As I am new to Delphi, where should I put his files. I copy them to project root directory but still get the same error. Any idea
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2007 :  14:29:40  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dusko

Hi,

I did download cport-3.10.zip
As I am new to Delphi, where should I put his files. I copy them to project root directory but still get the same error. Any idea

I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but I really have no time for that, please learn to use it by yourself, there is plenty resources on the Internet and in various books. I will be glad to answer any question about the software, but not on how to use Delphi.

Thank you for your understanding.
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 22 mai 2007 :  19:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me know if you did NOT receive the files I sent on 18/5/2007. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 23 mai 2007 :  21:11:05  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm getting funny data out of this software, and wanted to know if anyone had any idea of what I may be doing wrong. The following two gpx files were created from the same data within my DG-100. The one from GlobalSat plots just fine, but the one from DG Manager (which was easier to retrieve) is off by almost 100 miles!! When I look at the raw data in a text editor, I'm hard pressed to see anything in common. I repeated this several times, and I get the same result. Help!

GlobalSat datafile (good): http://tinyurl.com/2y7pdz
DG Manager (bad): http://tinyurl.com/ysyh8b

- Robert
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 23 mai 2007 :  21:44:20  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I make a bad conversion with negative Longitude/Latitude.
I just sent the latest devloppment snapshot to wfpdx and to you, please tell me if it corrects the problem.
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 23 mai 2007 :  22:19:23  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pixel_K

I think I make a bad conversion with negative Longitude/Latitude.
I just sent the latest devloppment snapshot to wfpdx and to you, please tell me if it corrects the problem.

That fixed it. Thanks for the fast response.
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2007 :  03:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, great work Pixel_K!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2007 :  09:34:04  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
About the two remaining requests :
- imperial/metric unit switch : I'll work to add it
- UTC/Local time shift : It would be an error to automatically apply the local time shift to any track, because the tracks can be from another country/timezone. I think I'll add an option to leave the choice to the user (no change/fixed change/dynamic change with data from geonames web service)
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2007 :  20:06:21  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, SERVER SAYS THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM

My bad. The data is should definetely be in Zulu time, though it would be nice to set an option for which local timezone one would like to be working in (i.e. while in the GUI)
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  13:24:58  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm about to finish the next version but I have a very dumb question : what mile value should I use ? Or even better, how many miles is 1 km ?
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  14:02:19  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm about to finish the next version but I have a very dumb question : what mile value should I use ? Or even better, how many miles is 1 km ?

Google for "mile in kilometers" (answer: 1 mile = 1.609344 kilometers) or "kilometers in miles" (answer: 1 kilometers = 0.621371192 miles). Google intercepts this "search" and uses "Google Calculator" to return a result.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  14:38:34  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, that was the numbers I got, but it seems Globalsat's apps is not using those values, that's why I was unsure.
I'll go with google's values, expect a new version for tonight (GMT)
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  16:28:57  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apparently Globalsat is using Nautical Miles (1 nautical miles = 1.85200 kilometers). I'm not a GPS expert, but I would guess that for this type of application, one would want the equivalence between miles and kilometers, NOT nautical miles and kilometers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautical_mile). Does anyone else out there know what's right?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  16:32:00  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, but it's just a convention. The reason GS defaulted to NM is likely because that"s what the NMEA message showing the speed uses.
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  16:35:51  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But if I'm using the DG-100 to track my location and speed, I'ld expect it to be in miles per hour, and not nautical miles per hour (If I were a pilot or sailor, perhaps I'ld view it differently. Though in that case I'ld be speaking in "knots"). I'll have to take it in my car later and see if what I observe on my speedometer ties to what the unit is reporting!

Edited by - thegoose on 25 mai 2007 16:38:01
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  16:46:27  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Right, I was explaining where they got the NM from.
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  01:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice improvements! I could not determine why the speeds were low on the globalsat utility, so this discussion of nautical miles per hour makes perfect sense. Looking at the speed now in DG-100M, it looks spot on. Great work!
Go to Top of Page

Bartman_x50v

42 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  12:49:18  Show Profile  Visit Bartman_x50v's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fantastic...
This software resolve many problem of the DG-100...
I love it...
Just an issue...
When i go to map i dont see notthing else:

thats program preview

thash on adam site:

thas what i see in program map:
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  14:54:29  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Could you please send me your GSD trace by email ? I'll try to figure it out.
Go to Top of Page

Bartman_x50v

42 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  18:00:25  Show Profile  Visit Bartman_x50v's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Could you please send me your GSD trace by email ? I'll try to figure it out.

Hi
i havent your email...
and your forum setting dont allow to send you mail :D
Please sent me in pm your mail...
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  18:58:55  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A suggestion on "precision". When using Imperial units (miles), Miles Per Hour should only be shown to 1 decimal place (like the metric Kilometers per hour). I don't even know what an MPH to the 8th or 9th decimal place really means! :-)
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  19:45:03  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bartman_x50v : I changed my settings, now you should be able to send me your data
thegoose : I'll change this in the next version, maybe I should also trunc the altitude ?
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  20:18:03  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bartman_x50v : I changed my settings, now you should be able to send me your data
thegoose : I'll change this in the next version, maybe I should also trunc the altitude ?

That would seem to make sense. Other things to take into account: 0.0001 miles = 16.09344 centimeters. So showing anything past 3 or 4 decimal places is just noise, not real information. It's the difference between precision and accuracy. 9 decimals is precise, but not accurate.
Go to Top of Page

Bartman_x50v

42 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  10:19:51  Show Profile  Visit Bartman_x50v's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

U Have mail...
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  12:34:31  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As you can see, here the Google Maps display is fine :

Could please send me your GoogleMaps.htm (located in the same folder than DG100m.exe) after you reproducer such problem ?
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  22:54:29  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bartman_x50v : Could you try the new version please ?
thegoose : I changed Speed and altitude precision to 1 digit after the comma
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  09:09:40  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your efforts. Any chance you might include a photo geocoding feature? I am guessing it wouldn't be too difficult if you can find a library to let you write to JPEG's EXIF data.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  11:17:08  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Believe it or not, I'm already working on it !
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=86959
(in French only for the moment)
So far I'm not able to write the geocoding information back to the jpeg (writing additional info into a JPEG's EXIF is not really easy, if you want to do it right) but I can associate photos with their coordinates in a Google Maps file.
Every library I found are meant for reading only, so I'm writing mine.
I think this functionality will never be integrated to DG-100 Manager but left in a separate program, as it can be useful to every GPS owner's, not only DG-100's.

Edited by - Pixel_K on 28 mai 2007 11:17:49
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  12:50:56  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's good news. I guess one extra step won't kill me :)
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  04:47:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K: in the GoogleMaps.htm file, can I customize the map options on my own in order to do things like turn on different map controls? How does DG-100M know where to insert the code for the polylines? I prefer the zoom slider, for example, and would like to insert the code to enable it but I don't want to interfere with the location of the code generated by DG100-M. (One idea would be a javascript comment that DG100-M looks for in order to determine where to insert the polyline code.)

Edited by - wfpdx on 29 mai 2007 04:50:01
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  07:05:44  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GoogleMaps.htm isn't a template, the file is regenerated from scratch each time, so you can modify it as you like. It will be overwritten the next time you ask DG-100 Manager for a google map preview.
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  15:05:28  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K -
I had been thinking of developing my own application (in C#), but you've been so great about quickly turning around enhancements that I don't think it's worth me doing anymore (especially since I'ld have to learn C# at the same time!) I've got several features that I was going to put into the program that I'ld like to get your opinion on. Would you prefer that I post in this thread, or send you private email?
- thegoose
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  16:10:49  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Post them here, so everybody can add it's grain of salt.
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  19:05:29  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, here goes:

1) I think most people would agree that Globalsat's "design" of splitting tracking info into records of 95 points is poorly thought out. So why continue to burden the end user with this implementation "detail"? Instead I would try to figure out "logical" tracks by looking for gaps in the data (this could be user configurable, i.e. 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc). This would make it MUCH easier to select the time slice that one was interested in.

2) Make the application save the data to a database (MySQL or even web based). In this way, when one connected, the trackpoints would be added to a lifetime list (and selectable similar to idea #1). Perhaps one could also "name" the logical tracks. If a device was connected with no new datapoints, simply prompt on whether or not the application should clear the device. This would nicely (IMHO) break up the collecting and storing of points from what one does with it.

3) Small fix: It's most important for the display of trackpoint timestamps in the "Select" panel to appear in "localtime", as opposed to the "Points" tab (though both would be nice).

4) Geocoding EXIF photo's (as rbluff requested) would be great. Make the code modular, so that you could have both a DG-100 version (all integrated) as well as standalone. Code re-use and one-stop shopping is a beautiful thing. I could then stop using RoboGEO.

5) Edit points on a google map with drag & drop, because some data is clearly off.

6) Other google maps templates (like wfpdx requested). I too like the "slider" and "hybrid" options.

If I'm not being clear, or have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask/comment.
Go to Top of Page

david81

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  23:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K -

First of all, I'd like to thank you for all the work you've put into this already.

I hate to make my first post in this forum a request, but...

Would it be possible to add support for geocoding Nikon NEF files? I've put my order in for a DG-100 and will be using the unit on my upcoming trip to Ireland. I'd love to have just one program to pull the GPS data and geocode my RAW files. There are a few independent programs out there that do this, and I'm sure the developers wouldn't mind sharing the code needed to do so. (i.e. http://www.nikonfans.org/index.php/gps4nef/ ) There is even a sourceforge project that may be of some use to you as it writes to JPG and many other RAW file types. http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpicsync/

Thanks in advance,

David

Edited by - david81 on 29 mai 2007 23:17:27
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2007 :  03:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K, I still on occasion see the problem described elsewhere about the bounds not being set correctly in the googlemaps.htm file (with the latest version). I haven't been able to isolate the problem or replicate it consistently, but what happens is these lines are set to zero instead of the bounds that we expect to see:

var s = 0;
       var n = 0;
       var o = 0;
       var e = 0;

If I can figure out how to demonstrate the problem, etc., I will pass the information along.

It would also be a great feature if we could edit a googlemaps template so that we could add our own preferred configuration of the map as necessary. I understand, however, that there are other priorities, so this is the last time I will mention it. Thanks so much for building this application which is so much more useful than the one provided by globalsat.

Edited by - wfpdx on 30 mai 2007 03:51:13
Go to Top of Page

dusko

4 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2007 :  09:50:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Pixel_X,
your work is progressing very nicely. Most of the posts relate to new ideas and their implementation. I have another suggestion. Knowing http://www.gpsbabel.org/ well, adding your contribution to this community would enormously boost software programmers who might be interested to use Logger in different user scenarios.
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2007 :  17:46:37  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The latest version does not seem to exporting tracklogs in a format that RoboGeo can process correctly. Here's a sample line from the GlobalSat software (which works) and the DG-100 Manager (doesn't)

Good:
<trkpt lat="40.66405" lon="-74.53350"><time>2007-05-27T19:49:24Z</time></trkpt>

Bad:
<trkpt lat="40.664065" lon="-74.5335016666667"><time>2007-05-27T7:49:24 PMZ</time></trkpt>

RoboGeo doesn't like the timestamp. I can send or post the full gpx file if that would help.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2007 :  03:13:40  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K,

I am interested in porting your DG-100 Manager to C#, mainly because I know C# while I only have a tiny amount of experience in Delphi.

If I accidentally introduce a bug into the code that communicates with the DG-100 (eg. while updating the device configuration), is it likely to corrupt the unit or will it just reject the data I send it as invalid? Have you had any experiences like this when you were writing your code?
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2007 :  15:25:56  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a lot of feedback ! Thanks everybody.

thegoose :
1) That's a good idea, I was sticking to the original data format because it's the way the data are stored into DG-100's memory. Your proposition is really interesting, I'll try do do something like that, but I don't know yet when.
2) Way too much out of the scope of the actual program.
3) I'll work on that
4) Out of the scope of the current program, I want it to replace Globalsat's manager, not make a 1 size fits all GPS utility.
5) Again, th's not the program purpose, other program are meant for editing GPS tracks. I'm working on one but have no plan on a merge with DG-100 Manager
6) I may consider that for a future version

David81 :
Out of the scope of the current program. I know the author of GpicSync , he uses exiftool to do that.

wfpdx :
I know that, it's the symptom, not the cause. If you have data that I can use to reproduce it, I'll investigate this problem.
Google maps template will be added to a future version, but it's not the main purpose of the application so far.

dusko :
How could I contribute to gpsbabel community ? I would really happy to help because it saved my day many times.

thegoose :
I'll correct that. It was a Bad idea from the start to use the windows 'user default format.

rbluff :
Too bad we won't work together on that one, I'm not into C# myself. I did the config at the end of my work, when I was _really sure_ that everything else worked OK because I didn't want to break anything too. There is only 3 command for writing to the DG-100 :
- Set identification
- Clear memory
- Set configuration
Try the first two first.
Then, I never broke anything by doing tests, but maybe I'm only lucky or cautious enough. The DG-100 will not answer to anything that is malformed so the potential damage is low. I'will be very happy to answer any question you may have on this topic, take a look at my commented specs, I hope they will be insightful.

To everybody : apart from the gpx timestamp format I see that every request is about adding features, not correcting existing ones. I would like to keep DG-100 Manager as simple as I can, so that anybody can use it. I may create a second software which will try to satisfy your requests, but have no plan to include them in DG-100 Manager.
Speaking of that second program, I think I would really need help with some aspect of it (like EXIF in raw writing, google maps integration or track editing). I know how to write some part of it ( I already did in GMX2KMZ that was mentioned earlier ), But it will be too time-consuming for me to do all the researches by myself. This second program will be created even if I'm alone, but for now, I have no idea about the timeframe.
Go to Top of Page

tzphotos.com

11 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2007 :  04:17:45  Show Profile  Visit tzphotos.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Possible Config for the output Filename?

I would like a filename that can be sorted. For Example:

2007 0531 T211600.GPX

This would make my workflow much better.

Also, it would be nice if the local time instead of zulu was used in the filename.

Thank you,
Tom

Tom

http://www.tzphotos.com

Edited by - tzphotos.com on 01 juin 2007 04:19:08
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2007 :  08:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K, I can replicate the 0,0 bounds problem. Here is the procedure:
1. Open a fresh copy of DG100m.
2. Open this GSD file (though I think any GSD will do) : http://www.pdxsports.com-a.googlepages.com/test1.gsd
3. Perform Edit>Deselect All
4. Select either the first or second of the files in the GSD (the third file seems to not cause this problem)
5. Click the googlemap tab.

You should now see blue water, with a lat/long of 0,0. This only seems to happen on the first try.

Edited by - wfpdx on 01 juin 2007 08:16:06
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2007 :  12:07:18  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another suggestions: Until you implement a "condensed" list of point files, could you add "shift-click" selection? With a long list of points, it's really tedious to choose anything but "all" or "none".
Go to Top of Page

monkeybiz

6 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2007 :  02:28:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to write some code to talk to DG100 on mac os x. So far I haven't gotten at luck.

Now just want to make sure I understand the command format correctly. If I want to send "Get Configuration" command, the complete message including start/end sequence and chechsum should be:
0xa0
0xa2
0x00
0x01
0xb7
0x00
0x96
0xb0
0xb3

Is this correct?

Pixel_K, above 9 bytes differ from what in your source code on the 7th byte. I saw you have 0xb7 instead of 0x96. But according the checksum algorithm from the specs, is (0xb7 & (215-1)) equal to 0x96?
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2007 :  03:32:53  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I already have said, the specs are incomplete and partially wrong.
The checksum is not computed like it's described in the original specs.
I use 0xA0A20001B700B7B0B3, as Globalsat's program (I recorded it's output to be sure).
The checksum is a simple addition in one octet.
With a payload of 0xB700 that leaves us with
0xB7 + 0x00 = 0xB7
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2007 :  15:31:08  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thegoose

Another suggestions: Until you implement a "condensed" list of point files, could you add "shift-click" selection? With a long list of points, it's really tedious to choose anything but "all" or "none".

Pixel_K -
Thanks!!!
- Robert
Go to Top of Page

monkeybiz

6 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2007 :  01:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As I already have said, the specs are incomplete and partially wrong.
The checksum is not computed like it's described in the original specs.
I use 0xA0A20001B700B7B0B3, as Globalsat's program (I recorded it's output to be sure).
The checksum is a simple addition in one octet.
With a payload of 0xB700 that leaves us with
0xB7 + 0x00 = 0xB7

Thanks, Pixel_K, you are correct. But you didn't mention it in your anotated specs. :)
Finally, I can get the configure info returned from the logger. Now I am stuck at another issue. I am not sure if it is a general serial port communication issue or an issue specific to DG-100.

The problem is that if I issue "get configuration" command twice, I can get response back only on the first command. It seems, the logger refuses to answer to any command after the first one. Only restarting the logger can make it work again.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

Edited by - monkeybiz on 05 juin 2007 01:05:12
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2007 :  13:53:33  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My annoted specs will be updated, thanks for the info.

I know for sure that after a set configuration you need to reboot the DG-100 (even with globalsat's app). But I don't remember having such problem with the get config. Does your other commands work ?
I don't have my DG-100 next to me to perform tests at the moment, so I can't be 100% sure about that issue.
Go to Top of Page

monkeybiz

6 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2007 :  16:35:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This happens on any command, not just setting config.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2007 :  08:41:43  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To me, that means that your serial communication is not working well. It's primordial that this part works flawlessly before trying anything else.
I had the opportunity to capture com port traffic and that helped me _a lot_ to debug this kind of problems.
Go to Top of Page

monkeybiz

6 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2007 :  15:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I have narrowed down the issue a bit. It seems the problem happens when I close the port and then open it again. If I keep the port open, I can successfully issue multiple command and get response.

Not sure what is happening there. But at least I can get data out.
Go to Top of Page

dajolt

1 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  22:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Here's a screenshot of v0.0.38.369

I ran the DG-100 while flying from Germany to Spain.
Your program shows this little detour over France,
which does not appear when I export the data with
the manufactorers software. Here the correct straight
line if displayed.

If you need the gsd-Data for a test, I can email it to
an address of your choise.

Edited by - dajolt on 28 juin 2007 07:32:33
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2007 :  00:19:47  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have ported DG-100 Manager to C#, resulting in DG Manager.NET. Currently it's pretty much the same as the original.

The only new feature so far is the option to automatically group data points into logical tracks, rather than the default way of grouping 96 or so points into a track. It achieves this by looking at the time difference between each point and starting a new track if the difference exceeds the defined threshold.

It's still in beta, so I would appreciate any feedback. Later on I will give it it's own webpage and release the source.

Binary:

http://purerandom.net/files/DGManager1.0.2736.zip

Requires the .NET Framework 2.0:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Thanks to Pixel_K for making this possible.
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2007 :  17:02:47  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great work Reuben. This is something that I wanted to do myself, but was a bit overwhelmed by the magnitude of the effort. (C# is much more accessible to me than Delphi). Also thanks to pixel_k for his pioneering work.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the source code. [EDIT]

I tried using the "automatic grouping" feature from a pre-existing gsd file (I don't have my DG-100 handy to download fresh data) and it didn't seem to do anything. Have you tried that combination before?

Surprisingly I miss the "preview" tab, as it was much faster than google maps at rendering. This is useful when I'm trying to eliminate extraneous points when saving a "trip".

Keep up the good work!

- Robert
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, SERVER SAYS THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM

Edited by - thegoose on 29 juin 2007 17:54:14
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2007 :  17:25:21  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback :)

I was too lazy to implement the automatic grouping feature for pre-existing GSD files, but I may add that next week.

When you say "eliminate extraneous points" do you mean extraneous groups of points ie. tracks? I don't think you can eliminate individual points right? I've found that the automatic grouping does a pretty good at working out which points belong to the same trip.
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2007 :  18:29:37  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What I mean by "Extraneous Points"

The primary reason I bought my DG-100 was for geocoding photo's. However I think that it's also a pretty neat tool for documenting trips or excursions. Often I'll turn on my DG-100 at home before I leave, go about my business, and then turn it off when I get home. The data I'ld like to save in a GSD, GPX or KML file might be a subset of my travels (i.e. I'll likely cut off something from the front and back, and keep the middle). With the "Preview" pane in Pixel_K's application, I could get very quick responses to clicking on/off points (or more appropriately groups of 96 points) so that I could narrow down to what I want to keep, which I then view on google maps.

For example, here's a mapping of a recent round of golf I had at a memorable golf course. I clipped off the ride to the course, and the ride back but just left the round I played:

quote:
NOTE : NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, SERVER SAYS THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 30 juin 2007 :  11:34:39  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rbluff : impressive work, thanks for it (could you please share the sources as I did ?)
thegoose : I'm working on a new gpx/kml/geocoding app right now, with the ability to edit tracks and waypoint. I can send you an early alpha if you want.

About the "regroup tracks" : the best way to do it is after the import (from device or gsd). An other way to regroup would be looking at the number of points in a track : if it is bellow the max (max that you know from the format used) you can stop joining to this track, if not, join this track with the next one. Maybe I'll add that one id DGm if I got some spare time. Another addition is to export the separate tracks in separate trkseg in the gpx, not only one trkseg regrouping all the checked tracks.

Edit 2007/07/01 :
Just did the additions I wrote about.
The track joining is very experimental, I'm not even sure avout the FormatA (only lon & lat) maximum point per track.
Track joining can be only done once.

Edited by - Pixel_K on 01 juil. 2007 00:23:52
Go to Top of Page

flatsheep

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2007 :  12:49:23  Show Profile  Visit flatsheep's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work Pixel_K in developing the alternative software. I was disappointed with what I got out the box. It's a shame GlobalSat haven't produced an API to save us time developing software. It would certainly attract more people to their product, having more diverse software.

rbluff... Weldone on porting it to C#. I was about to undergo the task myself, when I got to the end of the thread and read your message. Would it be possible to grab the source for it? (pretty please? ).

I'm going to develop an application that allows you to view your points as a 3D profile. I'm a pilot so it's nice to add that 3rd dimension into things. It'll save me time exporting into and out-of Google earth, I'd like to merge it all in as one application.

Nice work again, all the best.. and I look forward to the c# source

Flatsheep

Edited by - flatsheep on 01 juil. 2007 12:50:05
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2007 :  14:28:18  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be happy to release the source tomorrow, when it will be in a stable state.
Go to Top of Page

flatsheep

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2007 :  22:37:35  Show Profile  Visit flatsheep's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent! I look forward to it tomorrow.

Cheers

Flatsheep
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2007 :  10:00:45  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is the latest binary:

http://purerandom.net/files/DGManager1.0.2739.zip

And source :

http://purerandom.net/files/DGManager1.0.2739_source.zip

New features:

- An option to apply smart track generation when loading existing GSD files.

- Ability to trim points from the start/end of a trip, reflected in the google maps output and when saving to GSD/GPX/KML.

Apologies for the source code, it was developed using the "quick and dirty" methodology
Go to Top of Page

flatsheep

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2007 :  11:32:03  Show Profile  Visit flatsheep's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many thanks rbluff. I'll let you know how I get on with app.

Cheers

Flatsheep

Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2007 :  11:36:13  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No worries. I look forward to "borrowing" the improvements you will make
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2007 :  12:47:13  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rbluff, may I add links to your port on the front page ?
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2007 :  12:54:02  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most certainly. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2007 :  13:58:39  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will maintain the latest version at the following locations:

http://purerandom.net/DGManager/DGManager.NET.zip
http://purerandom.net/DGManager/DGManager.NET_source.zip
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2007 :  23:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(DGManager.NET) if the datalogger is not attached to the computer and using the app to load a GSD, it seems to clock looking for the datalogger. This happens immediately after loading a GSD.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 02 juil. 2007 :  23:53:40  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You mean the mouse pointer changes to a clock? It wouldn't be caused by looking for the datalogger.

Could you send an example of a GSD that causes this behaviour to gpspassion at purerandom dot net.

Edited by - rbluff on 02 juil. 2007 23:55:36
Go to Top of Page

wfpdx

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03 juil. 2007 :  00:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry. ("clock" or "race condition", terms used in software testing, is what I was referring to) It turns out, however, it was the grouping process taking place on a fairly large sized GSD. it just took a quite a while and during that process the track list was unresponsive.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 03 juil. 2007 :  00:13:21  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh ok. In the future I should make it use a separate thread to do the grouping.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2007 :  02:05:12  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Version 1.0.2741 released.

I added an option to the track settings dialog to guess which points were created manually by pressing the button on the DG-100. These points are marked in google maps and in the KML output file.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2007 :  23:40:17  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice addition, how does the "guessing" work ?

Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2007 :  23:53:28  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Say for example you set the DG-100 to record points every 10 seconds. A manual point would be recorded within one of the 10 second time windows.

A 12:00:10
B 12:00:20
C 12:00:23 <- manual point
D 12:00:30
E 12:00:40

If (C-B) is not equal to (B-A) and (B-A) is the same as (E-D) and (D-C) is equal to ((B-A) - (C-B)), then C is determined to be a manual point.

In this case 3 is not equal to 10, 10 is the same as 10 and 7 is equal to (10 - 3).

Edited by - rbluff on 04 juil. 2007 23:54:32
Go to Top of Page

ColinP

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 06 juil. 2007 :  21:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, a big thanks to Pixel_K and rbluff for their efforts with this software. I only just got my DG-100 this week, and was dismayed with the supplied software, and was about to dust off my programming tools when I came across this thread. Great stuff.

However... I'm seeing some issues with longitudes which have low magnitudes, and living near London this is happening quite a lot!

Pixel_K:
(v0.0.39.378)
My gsd files get processed ok, but longitudes with small negative values seem to be converted as if they were positive with the result that I can never cross the meridian!
This gsd fragment shows the effect...

[Date]
1=2007-07-05-20:47:52
[TP]
1=061,2007-07-04:07:41:02
[061,2007-07-04:07:41:02]
1=51153900,1770,64456,40707,4930,990000
2=51153569,672,64506,40707,5460,960000
3=51153174,-649,64516,40707,6520,920000
4=51152995,-1913,64526,40707,4300,900000

rbluff:
I see a similar effect with 1.0.2739 of the C# port (which I guess is not surprising), but I have a further problem in that the fragment above generates parsing errors in DGManger. I tracked this down to the number of significant digits in the longitude in the gsd file, and extending it to 7 or more (as below) fixes the parsing problems, but the "meridian bounce" effect remains.

[Date]
[TP]
1=51153900,0001770,64456,40707,4930,990000
2=51153569,0000672,64506,40707,5460,960000
3=51153174,-0000649,64516,40707,6520,920000
4=51152995,-0001913,64526,40707,4300,900000

Hope that made some sort of sense. Let me know if you'd like more details.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 06 juil. 2007 :  21:50:27  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just one question : is it happening only with GSDs ? Are the data retrieved from the DG-100 OK ?

Could you try http://pixel.k.free.fr/Ux/DG100m0040.zip please ?

Edited by - Pixel_K on 06 juil. 2007 22:10:00
Go to Top of Page

flatsheep

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 08 juil. 2007 :  09:30:51  Show Profile  Visit flatsheep's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just to let you know where I'm at with my project.

I've not had a massive amount of time, so progress is slow. So far I've stripped out the DG logger core functionality and created an API that you can include into your .NET projects. It all works great so far, the only thing I was investigating was the GPS mouse mode. In both the applications it doesn't seem to work? From what I've seen on monitoring the chitter chatter on the commport, the DG ignores the command or doesn't start to send the NMEA data?

Whats going on do you think?

Once theh API is working and tested, I'll post it up.

Flatsheep
Go to Top of Page

flatsheep

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 08 juil. 2007 :  10:05:22  Show Profile  Visit flatsheep's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually. I was being lazy... I've looked into the problem and tracked down what the issue was.

You close the Comm port once you receive the "Mouse mode started" command. This is why no data comes through. If you leave it open the NMEA data starts to flood through to the receive buffer. (In the InterpretLastSentence method).

Now I just have to amend the parse procedures to handle NMEA data and I'm away!

Hope this helps.

Flatsheep
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 08 juil. 2007 :  10:47:15  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have no need to leave the com port open. The GPS mouse HAS to be available for other programs !
Go to Top of Page

flatsheep

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 08 juil. 2007 :  11:26:10  Show Profile  Visit flatsheep's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, I think I get what you're saying. The mouse function is redundant in your program.

I've updated the InterpretLastSentence method to stream the NMEA data through an event. When you send the command (through the API) to "stop gps mouse".. it switches back to parsing commands, and it also frees up the comm port. For the API, I need every command to work as the programmer would expect. Initally I was a little baffled why the comm port was closed, but you've made that clear.

I'll do some more testing and upload the API in the next few days hopefully.

Only here to help

Flatsheep

Edited by - flatsheep on 08 juil. 2007 11:27:55
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 08 juil. 2007 :  12:58:05  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, you didn't get it.
The GPS mouse mode is here to be available for OTHER program.
You start gps mode, close DG100m, launch the program where you want GPS data ( they all expect them from a COM or USB port), like MemoryMap or other moving map software.
Then get back to DG100m, stop the GPS mouse mode.

External programs than want a GPS mouse need NMEA from a comport.
Go to Top of Page

flatsheep

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 08 juil. 2007 :  23:23:16  Show Profile  Visit flatsheep's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Right, THANKS for that. I DO get it now.

There is actually a DIFFERENCE between your application and the C# version. YOURS (as you said) closes the port, but the NMEA data continues. With the C# port, once the port is closed, the NMEA data stops. HENCE the confusion. Because there are NO COMMENTS in the original code, its not easy to see what your intentions were.

I've decided that my API will be hosted and available from my website.

THANKS for your help.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  00:02:03  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The GPS Mouse commands in DGManager.NET work for me.

These are the steps I take:

- Open DGManager.NET
- Start the GPS mouse
- Open the HyperTerminal and connect to the COM port
- HyperTerminal starts to receive NMEA data from the device
- Disconnect the COM port in HyperTerminal
- Stop the GSP mouse in DGManager.NET
- Open the device configuration dialog... configuration is retrieved from the device
Go to Top of Page

ColinP

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  00:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K:
Tried the version 0.0.40.380 you kindly posted, and my two fragments work ok. Indeed some fairly complex GSD files work very nicely if they've been saved as GSD's using the GlobalSat bundled software.

You asked if the data retrieved by DG-100 are ok. This is where it gets strange. Both versions have the following, identical behaviour (0.0.40.380 and 0.0.39.378)...

The logs start at positive longitude, but from the first sample, the conversion shows it as negative. It continues through longitude zero smoothly (but mirrored, in the wrong direction), then at a certain longitude, the conversion suddenly flips to showing the longitude with the correct sign. The reverse happens in the other direction, at the same longitude value.

The offending data samples are...

From the GSD saved by the GlobalSat s/w
32=51161193,-99344,65822,40707,9910,1150000
33=51160870,-101861,65832,40707,11400,1220000

Points shown in DG Manager
32: 0.165573333333333, 51.268655, 06:58:22, 04/07/2007, 99.1km/h, 115.0
33: -0.169768333333333, 51.2681166666667, 06:58:32, 04/07/2007, 114km/h, 122.0

As you see, it happens when the gsd longitude goes from 5 to 6 significant digits.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  02:04:55  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ColinP: please try the latest version of DGManager.NET (1.0.2746)

Go to Top of Page

flatsheep

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  10:05:12  Show Profile  Visit flatsheep's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks rbluff. I switched to a new comm port monitoring software, it wasn't showing me the stream, but yes, I it does stream using telnet.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

ColinP

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2007 :  21:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rbluff:
Thanks. 1.0.2746 has done the trick. It now reads the gsd files ok, and neither the gsd nor the directly read data exhibit the problems I described above. Great work.

I'm now playing with the Smart Track Generation settings. With both gsd and read data, I see a "EXCEPTION: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index" error. It happens where based on the settings, the track would be only one point long! Maybe this has something to do with it.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2007 :  04:11:01  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ColinP: thanks for finding that one. It will be fixed in the next version, which is not quite ready for release.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 11 juil. 2007 :  12:31:47  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DGManager.NET 1.0.2748 is available.

It now supports geocoding of photos, but it's not very polished yet. You can still try it out though.

Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2007 :  16:52:45  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great stuff!!! How about a time adjustment option for the geocoding? That way if your camera's time is off, you can easily fix it.
- Robert

P.S. This app deserves something better than the default windows icon
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  01:20:11  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heheh. All in good time :)
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  11:46:35  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very good job on geocoding photos, the lib you use seems to be top notch, too bad (for me) that it doesn't exist for delphi :(
Go to Top of Page

ToBas

15 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  13:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've used DGManager to put the dg100 into usb mouse mode but othing's picking it up. GPSS isn't the easiest to use but when I finally worked out how to set the com port, it had me 5700km south of london, I'm about 300m north. Other programs such as gpsinfo found a device on the port but didn't recognise it as a gps device.
Go to Top of Page

ColinP

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2007 :  22:10:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rbluff: Thanks for the update. I confirm that the single-point problem is fixed in this version, although it would be nice if the map centred on the point. Also, it would be good if I could change the overlay colour (a bright orange would work well I think). The blue is often camouflaged on the road maps (although it does look good on the terrain map).

But treat those as nice-to-haves. What you've produced has given me a usable programme to support my DG100, and I am delighted. Many thanks.

Hoping to find time to play with the geocoding over the weekend...

Edited by - ColinP on 13 juil. 2007 22:11:27
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 14 juil. 2007 :  01:31:59  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K: Thanks for the encouragement. Are you referring to the System.Drawing.Image class? It does make it quite easy to read EXIF properties, but saving them back losslessly can be a pain. You have to perform an image rotation at the same time, and even then it only works if the dimensions are divisible by 16. Maybe there is a third party library out there that will update the EXIF data in place so I don't have to read/write the whole JPEG file.

ToBas: You can test whether GPS mouse mode is working by connecting to the COM port using HyperTerminal (Start > Programs > Accessories > Communications > HyperTerminal).

ColinP: I'm quite happy to include your and other people's suggestions in future versions. I will make a list so I can tick them off one by one.
Go to Top of Page

ToBas

15 Posts

Posted - 14 juil. 2007 :  08:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, it works fine. Not that much software accepts nmea at 115200!

Request (when you get time!), could you please add the waas toggle and show the firmware version? The manual that came with my dg100 has a screen shot showing the waas tick box but none of the software, including the version shipped with the manual, includes the option. Same with the firmware, their screenshots show it displayed but the software just has a blank box.
Go to Top of Page

abuck

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 14 juil. 2007 :  14:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is this normal that i'm receiving:

Start GPS Mouse;
Unknown data (1):
BC
From sentence :
A0A20001BC0D0000C9B0

when i'm trying to use the gps mouse ? I have selected the good com port #. thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ColinP

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2007 :  18:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rbluff: Seems like I spoke too soon I'm afraid. There's still something odd going on when I cross the meridian. If the track starts with positive longitude, and crosses zero, it is now never decoded as negative long, but shows up as a mirror image reflection about long=0.
This only shows up if I directly read the device with DGM.NET (or use a gsd exported from it). If I load up the data from the device with the supplied GlobalSat utility, and save it as a gsd from there, then on loading that gsd into GSM.NET all seems to be well.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2007 :  23:55:32  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ColinP: can you supply gsd files containing identical points saved from DGM.NET and the GlobalSat utility, so we can get to the bottom of this issue

Edited by - rbluff on 16 juil. 2007 00:00:00
Go to Top of Page

ColinP

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 16 juil. 2007 :  21:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rbluff: After a little more investigation, the problem seems to be caused by the INITIAL setting of the Track Settings.

If set to GlobalSat style when run (i.e. when last exited), then it all works fine. Even when I change to Smart track setting and reload from any gsd or from the device itself, it works well.

But..., if the initial setting is Smart track when run (last saved), the displayed tracks do not cross the meridian - i.e. all conversions give positive longitudes. If I change to GlobalSat style and reload a gsd or from the device, the problem remains.

With GlobalSat style set, exit the programme, restart, and everything is fine again.

I did say it was an odd one :-)
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2007 :  00:13:28  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... I can't figure it out as yet.

When loading this GSD:

[Date]
[TP]
1=51153900,1770,64456,40707,4930,990000
2=51153569,672,64506,40707,5460,960000
3=51153174,-649,64516,40707,6520,920000
4=51152995,-1913,64526,40707,4300,900000

I received the following results, regardless of the initial setting:

1 51.2565 0.00295 6:44:56 AM 4/07/2007 49.3km/h 99.0m
2 51.255948 0.00112 6:45:06 AM 4/07/2007 54.6km/h 96.0m
3 51.25529 -0.001082 6:45:16 AM 4/07/2007 65.2km/h 92.0m
4 51.254992 -0.003188 6:45:26 AM 4/07/2007 43km/h 90.0m

What results do you get?
Go to Top of Page

ColinP

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2007 :  23:06:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I now cannot reproduce the behaviour I saw last night wrt to the settings. It's very strange.
With that GSD, it behaves ok with either setting, giving the same result as you (except I'm UTC+1).

But, try this. Load the GSD. Save it under a different name, and then reload the new file.

When I do that, I get the following (doesn't seems to vary with the settings):

1 51.2565 0.00295 07:44:56 04/07/2007 49.3km/h 99.0m
2 51.2559466666667 0.00111833333333333 07:45:06 04/07/2007 54.6km/h 96.0m
3 51.25529 0.00108 07:45:16 04/07/2007 65.2km/h 92.0m
4 51.25499 0.00318833333333333 07:45:26 04/07/2007 43km/h 90.0m
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2007 :  00:17:15  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep... good find. In the next release, latitude / longitude values less than 1 will be saved to GSD with the correct sign.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2007 :  10:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rbluff, you really do a great job with supporting and extending you port.
I'm trully thankfull for all the time you're investing in it.

If you want, could you send me your preffered screenshot So I can add it to the first post (about the same size than the existing one)?
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2007 :  11:12:04  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pixel_K: thanks for your kind offer. I still have a couple of tricks left up my sleeve for the next version. If it's ok, I will send you a screenshot when that version is ready... wouldn't want to ruin the surprise :)

ToBas: Unfortunately we can't implement the features you requested, as GlobalSat didn't publish any info about those commands.

Edited by - rbluff on 20 juil. 2007 11:12:51
Go to Top of Page

ToBas

15 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  12:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rbluff: thanks, don't suppose anyone has older versions of their data logger with the WAAS option?

Damned annoying they show it in the manual but it's not in their software. Knowing my unit was imported from an expansys warehouse in the US when I ordered it, I can't tell if it was destined for europe in which case some forums suggest WAAS is disabled.

I finally worked out how to display the version details in data logger, enable GPS mouse.

Sirf : GSW3.2.2_3.1.00.12-SDK003P1.01a
FW : F-GPS-03-0702022
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  12:59:05  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually, Pixel_K has worked it out:

"Another info I that I tracked down the command sent when in GPS mouse mode to activate and deactivate WAAS :

Set WAAS
$PSRF151,01*0F..
UnSet WAAS
$PSRF151,00*0E..
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  13:35:02  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup, I was snifing the GPSInfo tool provided by globalsat.
So far you can use it by first going to gps mouse mode then launching GPSInfo to set WAAS (you just have to type the 115200 speed manualy before start gps and cold start).

http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=758
Go to Top of Page

ToBas

15 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  20:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I start gps mouse and I can see nmea strings in datalogger. I close it and run gpsinfo (vista version). Set com port and key in the baud rate. I get series of random characters every now and again. I click WAAS, I can see a short command and an OK response. Same for cold start. The random strings of characters continue. No idea whether anything has worked.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  21:20:05  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A quote a Globalsat Tech, speaking about an other Sirf device :

quote:
For starters,you are required utilizing our SiRF Demo programming tool.

1. Launch SiRF Demo application and commence by mirroring Device Manager GPS communication port settings followed by choosing "OK" on the Data Source Setup window.

2. Then, from the taskbar choose "Action" followed by "Switch to Sirf Protocol".

3. Next, from the taskbar choose "Navigation" followed by "DGPS Source". Then select "SBAS channel", click "Send".

Confirming WAAS status... Here we determined the receiver's current WAAS status of being active or non-active.

4.From the taskbar select "Poll" followed by "Navigation Parameters". Now, at this point click once the green-like connect icon located below Navigation. In effect, data ceases to stream in the Response View window. Under the same window (Response View), carefully search for a navigation parameter labeled "DGPSSrc". Once located, verify it states "DGPSSrc:SBAS". This confirms WAAS is currently enable on your receiver. ( NOTE: When non-active, it reads "DGPSSrc:None" )

5.Finally, select "Action" from the taskbar followed by "Switch to NMEA Protocol" and click "Send".

This completes enabling and/ or confirmation of the WAAS feature.

I didn't try this, I don't know if it will work with the DG-100, it may even brick it (Do it at your own risk !), but as you really seem to want to know here is a answer.

Please note : leaving it in Sirf mode is not an option if you still want to use it with most of existing GPS programs.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  21:21:39  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MUCH less potentially dangerous option ( google is you friend ) :

quote:
Observe the GGA - Global Positioning System Fixed Data:
Example: $GPGGA, 161229.487, 3723.2475, N, 12158.3416, W, 2, 07, 1.0, 9.0, M, , , ,0000*18

Notice the 2 after "W," in the NMEA string above. This is the Position Fix Indicator field. Possible values include:

Value
0=Fix not available or invalid
1=GPS SPS Mode, fix valid
2=Differential GPS, SPS Mode, fix valid
3=GPS PPS Mode, fix valid

(By the way, 2 should mean WAAS/EGNOS/DGPS enabled)

Edited by - Pixel_K on 21 juil. 2007 21:24:01
Go to Top of Page

ToBas

15 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2007 :  21:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, W,1

The worrying thing now is having a look at usglobalsat's web site, the current downloadable manual has screenshots with the WAAS option missing and it's not mentioned in the specs. Has it been removed/disabled? Was it ever there?

Edited by - ToBas on 22 juil. 2007 00:05:27
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
839 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2007 :  10:07:25  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's never been into version distributed to the public. The version that can be seen in the documentation is obviously not the same we all got. Maybe this switch will be available in a future version. But juging from their current release I will stick to my or rbluff's DG-100 manager for a long time.
I really think that if you want to continue this discussion about the original software, you should do it in DG-100's original thread.
Go to Top of Page

ToBas

15 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2007 :  12:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The discussion's more about the capability of the device itself and I appreciate I've dragged the chat away from dgmanager.net which I continue to use. I was just hoping dgmanager could implement the functionality I thought datalogger wold have.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2007 :  12:59:06  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll add those features to the to-do list.
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2007 :  16:52:59  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another suggested feature:

On the "Points" tab, add a column for Distance (as calculated using the formula's from http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html)
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2007 :  23:27:08  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found a google maps plotting bug in DGManager.NET

In between recording these two "segments", I turned the device off. When displaying on google maps, however, the program displays a solid line connecting points that shouldn't be connected.

Edited by - thegoose on 23 juil. 2007 23:27:50
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2007 :  03:33:50  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thegoose: I will add that bug to the to-do list. When you say a distance column, do you mean the cumulative distance from the first point in the grid?

I have created a SourceForge project for DGM.NET. The previous release (1.0.2748) has been moved from my site to there.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dgmanager-net/
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2007 :  04:42:01  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was imagining distance from the previous point (Metric: Meters; Imperial: Feet), though perhaps it should be user configurable.
Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2007 :  06:18:42  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DGManager.NET 1.0.2761 released!

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=201598

I'd prefer to move the DGM.NET discussion to the SF.net project page.

See the changelog in this post:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1784773&forum_id=718416

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  05:54:59  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Finally found some time to try your app, thanks for sharing it.
A few comments:
1. Love the automatic merging feature !
2. Missing the export to NMEA/RMC for use with Locr's PC app
3. Tried to use the GS PC app to convert to RMC, but the "merged" GSD I had created with your app crashes their app. Fortunately I hadn't erased the memory of the DG-100 yet
4. The Google Maps display can become slow with long logs, could you maybe reduce the number of data points?

Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  06:07:29  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will consider adding an NMEA/RMC export feature. You don't need to use locr to geocode the photos, as DGM.NET already provides this feature.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  06:48:16  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't need to, but I'm used to it and I've found it works better for some reason when handling time zones as it shows the "overlapping" of tracks/pictures, couldn't get the built-in feature to work last night, likely user error.

Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  07:59:50  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fair enough. More flexibility is always good anyway.

I have just released a new version (1.0.2762) which includes an option to drop every second point from the Google Maps track, if the number of points exceeds the specified threshold.

The main new feature is the ability to open GPX files.

Download:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=201598&package_id=239808&release_id=527477

Changelog:

http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=201598&release_id=527477

Go to Top of Page

david81

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  16:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First off, I'd like to say thanks to both rbluff and Pixel_K for their work on this. I just returned from a week long trip to Ireland and would be pulling my hair out trying to process my GPS data if it weren't for their software. I was hoping there might be another feature added to the software along the lines that are already in place.

I love the feature to trim and reduce the number of points. The automatic dropping of points is very convenient. Would it be possible to save the reduced file though? I was hoping to reduce my 32k+ points for an overview map that doesn't take ages to load. Something similar to the gpsvisualizer option to specify the number of points would be handy, but I understand if this is asking too much. If I could save the currently reduced file (every other point) then I could just save and reload a couple times to bring the track size down to where I need it.

Thanks again

David
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  19:18:05  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes that would be handy, wonder if the new Google Maps export (nice addition, thanks!) doesn't do that though?

Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2007 :  23:48:12  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could save the generated map, but this would only halve the number of points. In line with the following feature request, if you can specify a minimum distance between points (points closer together than that are trimmed), you will be able to reduce the number of points to suit your purposes.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1760244&group_id=201598&atid=978206

Actually it works pretty well... I managed to drop 98% of the points and the overall shape of the path was still fairly close to the original.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  01:14:09  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry what does ? Have you implemented that "minimum distance" request ?

Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  01:16:05  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, it will be in the next version.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  01:31:11  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great, will it work for the export to GPX too ?

Go to Top of Page

rbluff

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  01:37:20  Show Profile  Visit rbluff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, I assumed one would want to retain all the points (other than those manually trimmed from the start/end) when exporting to GSD/GPX/KML. The points are only dropped in Google Maps, for both the embedded map panel and the saved HTML file.

Edited by - rbluff on 26 juil. 2007 01:38:35
Go to Top of Page

thegoose

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2007 :  14:02:01  Show Profile  Visit thegoose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What about an option to compress (or not) when saving to GSD or GPX? (Sort of like when saving a jpg, one is prompted for a compression factor)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05