Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2801

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 Unlocking the Mio C220
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 118

dbeaty

4 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  21:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. That link to the .rar file is not letting me download. It says I must wait 43 minutes. Kind of interesting, but I suppose I will wait 43 minutes and see if that is true :) So my question is, has anyone seen this "free" gps software www.smart2go.com ? I'd love to buy a MIO 220 and use that software since it includes maps from around the world instead of just North America. I have installed it on my Nokia E60 and it works well, nice interface. It says it will run on Windows Mobile 5. What are the chances of it running on a MIO 220 that is unlocked with the above procedure? Do I need to go with the Mio 310 as it seems to be more functional when unlocked? Is there a better unit for unlocking than these Mios? I do like the $200 price tag of the Mio 220.
Go to Top of Page

fonewiz

12 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  23:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone tell me what the purpose of the monitor icon is? When I click it the screen shuts off. How is this different from the power button?
Go to Top of Page

fonewiz

12 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  23:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Perchas

This is the Scrip from Antonio, a spaniard, modified by my friend PloPlo and by me, I have attached a photo of my model car as "back.bmp"
If you needed, I can send the script.

Perchas,
Madrid, Spain & Phoenix, AZ

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Looks cool.. Is there an easy way for me to replace the main screen that comes with the hack or do I need to do a whole new hack install again?
Go to Top of Page

kvasir

21 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  05:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out step 15 on prior page here. I think it may help.

--That wasssssn't supposed to happen! OMG! ><

Edited by - kvasir on 28 mai 2007 05:20:11
Go to Top of Page

Perchas

Spain
7 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  10:49:03  Show Profile  Visit Perchas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fonewiz

quote:

This is the Scrip from Antonio, a spaniard, modified by my friend PloPlo and by me, I have attached a photo of my model car as "back.bmp"

Perchas,

Looks cool.. Is there an easy way for me to replace the main screen that comes with the hack or do I need to do a whole new hack install again?

Is easy, replace the content Script folder or rename these for security copy, (examp ScriptAAA) and create a new folder (name "Script") with the content of my script.

Later I will put photos of the Skin of CIBERUS 9. it is I magnify.

http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=565106

Regards
Perchas
Go to Top of Page

kvasir

21 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  19:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since this thread is for unlocking the C220, is it ok to start a new thread on modifying the contents of the C220 " Hack " ( Script folder contents, etc = to change wallpaper, move/shrink icons, make more battery divisions, change displayed date format from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy: all which I did yesterday )?

To dbeaty : If you have by chance downloaded anything from that site, your IP address is known by them. If you download a lot and are not paying for the service, you have a wait time depending on how much your last download was (if your last downloaded content was huge, then you have a long wait time, if your last download was small, then very little wait). I hope that answers the wait time issue.

To fonewiz : I had the same question. It seems to take a slightly longer time to power it back up from the "monitor" (dpms) icon than it does from the red "power" button (suspend). I just looked it up on the internet (dpms). DPMS is for display power management signaling, so it seems that it -maybe- powers down your display, but not the device itself.

Edited by - kvasir on 28 mai 2007 20:00:58
Go to Top of Page

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  19:49:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely. Since we have a thread entitled "Tips and Tricks for the C520", why not make yours something like "C220 - Tips and Tricks". The Boss might even make it a "Sticky"...

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page

kvasir

21 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2007 :  21:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
-Supremo,

Done and Done

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=88039

In a week I have gone from thinking I made our (sig other and I) gps a brick, to now being totally comfortable messing with it. Initially I thought it was going to be impossible to mess with any of the "Script" files (because I do not know how to program program), but it is quite easy.

It is nice having a customized wallpaper, tiny icons aligned on the right side, and the mio icon now on the bottom left (everything out of the way of the wallpaper). I am nowhere near done with the new thread post, but I got it started with what I hope could be of assistance in getting people started and comfortable with doing their own changes.

-Kvasir

Go to Top of Page

Tophaholic

16 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  20:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The flash memory has like 124 MB of free space. If I create a backup of the miomap folder, that takes away another 82MBs. No space on the 1GB SD card either.

So where do you guys store your MP3s and video files?
Go to Top of Page

crystalj

2 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  22:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Using a larger SD card would be fine.

quote:
Originally posted by Tophaholic

The flash memory has like 124 MB of free space. If I create a backup of the miomap folder, that takes away another 82MBs. No space on the 1GB SD card either.

So where do you guys store your MP3s and video files?

Go to Top of Page

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  22:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out the "which 4 Gig SD card to get" topic before running off, however. SDHC cards are not supported in the C310x and not yet confirmed or disproven for the C220.

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page

chodaboy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2007 :  23:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The low-end GPS market is getting so damn crowded. Maybe MIO should consider opening up it's platform (or maybe "unintentionally" leave it open.) That could be their differentiator in this crowded product space ("buy a Mio xxx because it's the most hackable/customizable hardware platform". They've already kind of seen this with the C310x.) This would be similar to how Apex gained it's huge early marketshare in the low-end DVD player market. Would be cool if they had published folder/file structure information so that 3rd party developers could do things like custom voice files (like those available on TomTom) or custom wall papers.

Go to Top of Page

crystalj

2 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2007 :  03:37:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What other utilities can be installed on c220 besides the Media Player and FileManCE2?

I am looking for a Calender, such as Pocket Plan, however, V2.07 only works on c310x.
Go to Top of Page

davedds

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2007 :  05:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by fonewiz

quote:

Perchas,

Is easy, replace the content Script folder or rename these for security copy, (examp ScriptAAA) and create a new folder (name "Script") with the content of my script.

Later I will put photos of the Skin of CIBERUS 9. it is I magnify.

http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=565106

Regards
Perchas

You think we can get a link to your script??? I like it very mucho!!!

Mio c220 v3.2 - Smartblue 7.3 and other stuff google is your friend....
Go to Top of Page

MoonBear

424 Posts

Posted - 30 mai 2007 :  07:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the easy unlock script. All you have to do is unzip it to the root of SD card.

http://rapidshare.com/files/34286048/MioC220.zip

1. Hard Reset C220 (Hold power button for 5 seconds until it's off, then turn it on again normally)
2. Insert the SD card. Yes, insert the card after power on.

Let me know if it works.

All paths for those SysInfo applications will need some modifications. The .ini files included are for demonstration purpose only.

Edited by - MoonBear on 30 mai 2007 19:38:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 118 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05