Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 Unlocking the Mio C220
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 118

kvasir

21 Posts

Posted - 22 mai 2007 :  08:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To rvernica:

I think possibly it might be easy to replicate that screen you posted a picture of (I "think" as I have not attempted it yet as for a lack of time).

In the "Script" folder, there are "configuration setting" files such as "Config", "DPMS", and "Navigator." Open them with notepad and check them out, I think it's only a matter of writing new "configuration setting" files (with proper x,y coordinates or else it'll all jumble up on top of itself) and creating new ".ico" files (pictures for the desktop) to use.

There may be a better way to do this as the picture posted shows all the icons with the "shortcut arrow" on the bottom left corner of each. The way I described, if it works, will use your created ".ico" file picture, not a shortcut picture.

Having said this, I'm not sure why the "Navigator" configuration setting does not work. It seems to point at the correct file "MioNav.exe" in the "Script" folder. Then, when you click on the "mio_ico", it changes the appearance to the "mio_ico2" (the blur effect that occurs when clicking makes it go from "mio_ico" over to "mio_ico2"). Possibly need to point it at the "miomap.exe" in the backup "miomap2" folder? Maybe it's the "ppath.txt" file, maybe it's the "script.mscr" that needs to be changed?

--That wasssssn't supposed to happen! OMG! ><

Edited by - kvasir on 22 mai 2007 09:47:03
Go to Top of Page

rvernica

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 22 mai 2007 :  10:17:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

By getting that screen I don't mean only getting something that looks like it. I mean getting Windows Explorer running. For example, the bottom bar is the Windows Taskbar and the bottom left button is the Windows Start button. So, what you see there is the real Windows CE Desktop, not some fake where you arrange some images to look like it.

I copied the Taskbar.exe file from the C310Auto package and when I run it I get an error: "Could not find taskbar window!". I think the Windows on C220 has a lot of files missing.
Go to Top of Page

yadagani

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 mai 2007 :  22:56:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I just bought a Mio C220 at CC. Looks working fine. Now to hack the thing, I am not able to download the script file from the links in this topic. Any alternative option?

Thanks people...
Go to Top of Page

fonewiz

12 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2007 :  17:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yadagani

Hello all,

I just bought a Mio C220 at CC. Looks working fine. Now to hack the thing, I am not able to download the script file from the links in this topic. Any alternative option?

Thanks people...

I think there was a second post with a corrected URL.
Go to Top of Page

Chris53825

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  06:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a link or somewhere I could find Mio transfer for the c250 (to work in conjuction with miotransfer hack) I've searched every where and everyone seems to have it already
Go to Top of Page

kvasir

21 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  09:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
=====DISCLAIMER: Do this at your own risk. Also this may invalidate your warranty.

Simplified instructions: Mio C220 "Hack"

NOTE: Before doing anything, obtain both the "Transfer_Mio_C250" -Hack- and the "Script_3.24r" from http://foro.todopocketpc.com/showthread.php?p=936930#post936930 For the "Transfer_Mio_C250" -Hack-, the link that you download from states "TRANSFER MIO C250 Hack", but nothing downloaded states "Hack" in the name. That being said, the instructions below will state the displayed -name- of what is being accessed.

0. Both of the downloads are compressed rar files, uncompress both of them. Put the "Script_3.24r" folder on the C drive (for convenience of access when running the transfer, not the desktop. Double click on your C: drive and put the folder right there). Put the "Transfer_Mio_C250" folder on the desktop (if it is not already there). If you do this, then you will not lose track of anything if you are following these instructions. This is because you can refer back to this step to see where the folders are. Now to really begin.

1. With your Mio powered on, do a "hard reset" by pressing and holding the power button until the device turns off (about 5-10 seconds).

2. Power your Mio back on (it will boot up. Do NOT access anything, leave it on the screen it boots to).

3. Now start your software: "Transfer_Mio_C250" (from step 0. The only time you will see "Hack" is when this application is open).

4. Connect your device to your computer and it should be recognized (indicated by the gold colored chain link looking icon in the lower right corner by your time clock. Before connection it should look like a broken chain like {} and after proper connection it should now looking like a complete loop).

5. Before proceeding, KNOW AND REMEMBER that there will be TWO separate MioMap folders (one MioMap folder inside another MioMap folder). The order of folders to follow is "\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap". Rename the final "MioMap" folder to "MioMap2". Now the order of folders will be "\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap2". The "MioMap2" folder contains your original MioMap data (you renamed it to keep it as a backup folder of the original files).

6. Now, you should still be in the folder where it displays "MioMap2". Create a new folder here named "MioMap" (NOT INSIDE OF "MioMap2" but on the screen you are in. The purpose is to take the place of the original folder that WAS named "MioMap" that you just renamed "MioMap2". For the moment it will be empty). Your folder structure should now be "\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap =AND= MioMap2". You will no longer touch "MioMap2".

7. Now put your Mio DVD (from manufacturer) into your DVD drive and copy the folder contents of the DVD "MioMap" folder (from location of "install/MioMap" ) over to your empty created "MioMap" folder. You may have to create new folders, properly name them, then copy the contents into the created folders. When you are done with this step, your DVD "MioMap" folder and your created "MioMap" folder will contain the exact same contents.

8. Now go to your downloaded "Script_3.24r" folder (from step 0). There will be two folders inside. One named "Script" (NOT "SCRIPTS") and another named "MioMap".

9. Now transfer the contents of the "MioMap" just accessed in step 8 over to your created empty "MioMap" folder in "\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap". Make sure you are transferring the files into the correct "MioMap" folder. If you accidentally transfer to the wrong folder, your GPS unit will explode. Not really.

10. Now create a folder named "Script" so your folder structure is now "\My Flash Disk\Script" (not "Scripts"). Remember the "Script" folder from step 8? Ok, now transfer the folder contents of that "Script" folder into the empty one you just created.

11. Now with step 10 done, click on the lower right button to close "Transfer_Mio_C250" (it is the lower right button that says "sortir". Do NOT click on the upper right hand "X" to close it because that does not truly exit the software). Make sure you are disconnected (the connect graphic should now be gone from the screen of your Mio, if it is still there, then you are likely still connected. When you are absolutely sure you are disconnected, you can pull the transfer cable out from your Mio).

12. Do a "hard reset" (press down on the power button for about 5-10 seconds until the Mio turns off, then you need to turn it back on. just like you did for steps 1 and 2).

13. Upon boot being done, click on "MioMap" (the file manager will open now instead, because the hack file you copied over is actually a file manager that replaced the file that was "MioMap").

14. Now go to the created "MioMap" folder in "\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap" and run "AUTOPATCHER.exe". A small window will pop up. Now press "ok" and your Mio will reboot (you want this to happen).

15. Once it loads, you will hear the windows music tone (just like when you start your computer). Click again on "MioMap" and the file manager will run. You will now see your icons displayed, as well as a wallpaper of a tachometer (that you can change if you want to, but not directly from your gps. you would have to create a wallpaper and name it "back", then use it to replace the -bitmap- file "back" that is located in the "Script" folder). All the icons should be functional (I am stating this because the miomap icon did not work for me the first go around. now it works after having done it my 2nd time. maybe I misnamed a file). You're pretty much set unless I happened to unclearly state something. If I did, please post a reply and I will edit this post to try to make it clearer.

16. Just in case you have to hard reset (if the Mio freezes while playing a video, etc.), you will need to again run "AUTOPATCHER.exe" to get things up and running again (repeat steps 13-14).

Note:

Sortir = Exit
Renommer = Rename
Suprimer = Delete
Annuler = Cancel
New Dossier = New Folder

-Kvasir

Edited by - kvasir on 26 mai 2007 20:31:28
Go to Top of Page

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  12:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If someone can verify this procedure as being correct, I will reference it in the FAQ.

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page

lusi

2 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2007 :  13:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The link to script:
http://rs9.rapidshare.com/files/24091620/Script_3.24r.rar

quote:
Originally posted by Chris53825

Does anyone have a link or somewhere I could find Mio transfer for the c250 (to work in conjuction with miotransfer hack) I've searched every where and everyone seems to have it already

Go to Top of Page

Chris53825

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  01:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Supremo

If someone can verify this procedure as being correct, I will reference it in the FAQ.

Yes, it works flawlessly

Edited by - Chris53825 on 26 mai 2007 03:06:12
Go to Top of Page

rvernica

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  05:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am eager to try it. Just one quick question, if something goes wrong, will a hard reset but everything back to normal?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

kvasir

21 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  18:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rvernica,

Sorry, but I am not sure how to reply to your question. What do you mean by "back to normal?" As in, what state do you want your Mio to be in?

-Kvasir

Go to Top of Page

rvernica

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  18:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@kvasir

By back to normal I mean getting the Windows as I was when I bought it. I don't worry about the "My Flash Disk" directory.

Thanks.

...working on C220
Go to Top of Page

kvasir

21 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2007 :  19:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rvernica,

If your Windows OS is shot, then I am not sure how to correct it.

The first time I attempted the "hack", the miomap icon from the "hack" did not work so I deleted the miomap2 folder and renamed the original back to miomap (after a lot of troubleshooting). After a hard restart, my first miomap icon did absolutely nothing (i thought i made the gps a brick). Had to reinstall software (from manufacturer's DVD), but I believe you know how to do that (if not, it's easy. just a warning, the progress bar will hang. let it run for about 2 hours and it'll be done). Everything at your own risk ^^; That experience is why I did the above instructions (so anybody else trying it could do step by step what I did when I got the "hack" working properly).

-risk: gps = brick
pro: video, mp3
con: brick (unless you need another brick, then it is a pro)

Edited by - kvasir on 26 mai 2007 20:36:40
Go to Top of Page

Perchas

Spain
7 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  13:46:50  Show Profile  Visit Perchas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is the Scrip from Antonio, a spaniard, modified by my friend PloPlo and by me, I have attached a photo of my model car as "back.bmp"
If you needed, I can send the script.

Perchas,
Madrid, Spain & Phoenix, AZ

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

sensia

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2007 :  18:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks nice Perchas.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 118 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5,12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05