Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2801

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 Unlocking the Mio C220
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 118

fm2n

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2007 :  21:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fonewiz

I have followed all sets of instructions here and all seems to be working fine except for the fact that running the autopatcher doesn't seem to do anything.

After running the autopatcher it gives me the little message and then reboots the device.

When the device comes back up, it's still the same as before I ran autopatcher. To be clear, after boot I get the screen which has the "Settings" and "MioMap" icons. I can push either, if I push settings I get the settings but if I push MioMap I get the file manager again.

The only way to get the GPS to work again is to navigate through the file manager, go to /Scripts then click on MioNav.exe.

Is this the way it's all suppose to work? If not, what did I miss?

By the way, I can use the file manage, play video etc. with no issues. Seems I can also use the GPS fine once I launch the MioNav.exe file.

Just seems a bit awkward to use this way and I can't help feeling that I missed something.

Once you run Autopatcher, it will pop up with that tiny box where you hit OK. Then it will boot up with the windows star trek-like sound and then take you to hacked interface.

Here are the only three things needed:

copy all contents: /script Script_3.24r/script/ to /my flash/script/

copy all contents and subfolders: [included CD]/install/miomap/ to /my flash/miomap/miomap/

and the last part which I may have forgotten to mention:

copy all contents: /script Script_3.24r/MioMap/ to /my flash/miomap/miomap/

Then do a hard reboot (hold power ON for 10 seconds), then click on the MioMap icon which will load the file manager. Then run the Autopatcher which will replace the bootup file with the interface application. You will have to run autopatcher each time you do a hard reboot as it's patched contents are wiped.

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by - fm2n on 20 mai 2007 21:40:58
Go to Top of Page

rvernica

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2007 :  22:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to doublecheck this.

Whatever changes the script or you make to Windows CE, they will be gone after a hard reset, right?

So, it is safe to run whatever script or install whatever CAB because there is no way for that scrips or CAB to affect the Windows CE for good.

...working on C220
Go to Top of Page

kvasir

21 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2007 :  23:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, just fyi for people (such as myself) that have had to reinstall/restore after attempting the hack. According to EchoTony off of:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=83867&whichpage=3

(my experience) During reinstall of software from DVD, the PROGRESS BAR will hang shortly after the beginning of the installation (which happened to me, the blue progress bar just passed the "l" in the box for cance"l", but I let it continue running for another hour not knowing about the bug). Let it keep running and your gps should be back to normal. I did this twice, not knowing about the bug and dreading a dead gps unit. It works now.

I still want the hack to work though and hoping for a correct script. For those that have successfully gotten the miomap icon to work on the hack, please share how. Thanks!

--That wasssssn't supposed to happen! OMG! ><
Go to Top of Page

rvernica

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  01:32:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fm2n

The only problem I am running in to is when using the Media Player. I can only play MPG files. The rest comes up with an error box, saying Cannot play Windows Media 8 files or something. Needs the codec. Anyone know of a workaround or installation to support it?

Where did you find the Media Player?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

fm2n

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  03:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rvernica

quote:
Originally posted by fm2n

The only problem I am running in to is when using the Media Player. I can only play MPG files. The rest comes up with an error box, saying Cannot play Windows Media 8 files or something. Needs the codec. Anyone know of a workaround or installation to support it?

Where did you find the Media Player?

Thanks.

It's all bundled with the hack.
Go to Top of Page

fonewiz

12 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  05:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I figured out my issue..

I somehow created the directory on my MIO as "scripts" instead of "script" this hosed everything all up.

Once I renamed this folder and ran the autopatch it all worked great!

Thanks for your help, this script etc..!!

I am pretty happy with this unit now. I love it as a GPS, it's my first one so I guess I have nothing to compare it to.. The fact that I can now use it for video is really slick!

At this point the only things I want in a GPS that I don't have are:

1- BlueTooth (won't get that on this unit)
2- Different voices (US English), I am not sure where to find them if any.
3-Would like to use this unit with my Streets & Trips software on my computer while having the MIO hooked up via USB cable.
4-Would love to figure out if I can GeoCache with this unit or not. I am thinking of learning about GEO Caching and would love it if I could use this unit somehow to try out the sport (not sure if it's a sport or not).

Pretty darn happy at the moment though with my $198 GPS.
Go to Top of Page

g21sf

24 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  07:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

At this point the only things I want in a GPS that I don't have are:

1- BlueTooth (won't get that on this unit)
2- Different voices (US English), I am not sure where to find them if any.
3-Would like to use this unit with my Streets & Trips software on my computer while having the MIO hooked up via USB cable.
4-Would love to figure out if I can GeoCache with this unit or not. I am thinking of learning about GEO Caching and would love it if I could use this unit somehow to try out the sport (not sure if it's a sport or not).

Pretty darn happy at the moment though with my $198 GPS.

As far as numbers 2 and 4 go...

1) You can find a zipped file of voices at this link
http://www.oncoursenavigator.com/files/OCN6_Voices.zip

There are two British, one Australian, and one English female voices (along with a bunch of other non-English ones) that you can add. Actually, don't bother installing the Australian one since it's the same voice as one of the British voices labled with the same name (no difference in accents whatsoever). Simply drop these .zip files into your "Voices" folder in your Mio.

2) You can use it for geocaching by adding the known coordinate(s) into your Mio while in map mode. It'll locate the geocache position, to which you can then save / label it as a new POI.
Go to Top of Page

nambi51277

2 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  08:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
could someone post the screen shots of how the screen should look like after the hack? I still am unable to get the hacked interface inspite of following the script.

After running the Autopatcher.exe and hard resetting, I still end up with the same c220 interface, and pull the file manager on pressing the miomap icon.

Help!

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

nambi51277

2 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  08:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nambi51277

Hi,
could someone post the screen shots of how the screen should look like after the hack? I still am unable to get the hacked interface inspite of following the script.

After running the Autopatcher.exe and resetting, I still end up with the same c220 interface, and pull the file manager on pressing the miomap icon.

Help!

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

fonewiz

12 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  19:13:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will know when you've got it right, trust me. I had the same thought but then once I got it right it was VERY obvious.

For one thing, you will hear the windows startup sound when booting the device, if you don't hear this then you likely did something wrong.

I was convinced I was doing everything right until I realized that I named the script directory as scripts with an S on the end. Once I fixed this the experience was totally different.

Be sure you have all files in the right place in the right path with the correct folder names.
Go to Top of Page

rvernica

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  21:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You will know when you've got it right, trust me. I had the same thought but then once I got it right it was VERY obvious.

For one thing, you will hear the windows startup sound when booting the device, if you don't hear this then you likely did something wrong.

I was convinced I was doing everything right until I realized that I named the script directory as scripts with an S on the end. Once I fixed this the experience was totally different.

Be sure you have all files in the right place in the right path with the correct folder names.

Does a hard reset puts the Windows CE back to its initial state?

Thanks.

...working on C220
Go to Top of Page

fonewiz

12 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  21:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rvernica

quote:

Does a hard reset puts the Windows CE back to its initial state?

Thanks.

For me at least, after a hard reset I get the screen with 2 buttons. The first button I think launches the settings, the other use to launch the MioMap Program but now launches the file manager.

- To get it back to the hack screen after boot you have to run the autopatcher program
- Not sure how exactly to get it back to the original factory state but I am guessing you just delete the MioMap directory and rename the MioMap2 directory back to MioMap. I really am not sure, this is only a guess so try this at your own risk. I am sure someone else in this thread can confirm my guess.
Go to Top of Page

rvernica

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  21:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are correct.

I suspect that after a hard reset Windows CE image is copied from ROM to the flash. Everything in your flash is overwritten with the contents from the ROM, except for the "My Flash Disk" which is left alone. When you renamed MioMap to MioMap2 and added the new MioMap directory, you did that on the "My Flash Disk", so that stays the same even after a hard reset.

I am not sure I am right, I would appreciate if anyone could confirm it. I just wanna make sure that if I run the Script I can make everything back to original factory state.

Thanks.

Edited by - rvernica on 22 mai 2007 01:33:12
Go to Top of Page

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  23:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the way it works on the C310x...

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page

rvernica

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 22 mai 2007 :  02:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jrebeiro

The script isn't really an unlock. I've been mucking with it for a few days now and it isn't very useful. It basically replaces the ppath.txt file in the Windows folder, replaces some bitmap files, plays a startup sound to make you feel like you actually accomplished something and puts some executable files in the scripts folder of the Flash Disk.

You are right, the Script is pretty lame. At best, it tells you to replace MioMap.exe with File Manager and it gives you a bunch of useful exe files (movie player, resource viewer, and keyboard).

Right now, I have MioMap.exe replaced with the File Manager which is very useful. Whenever I reset (hard or soft) my Mio I can start the File Manager. Then, from the File Manager I can start the original MioMap. When I exit MioMap I get back to File Manager.

I wonder if there is a way to get a Windows desktop or Windows Explorer running, similar of what the Mio C310x folks managed to do here:

Also more applications would be useful.

Thanks.

Edited by - rvernica on 22 mai 2007 07:45:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 118 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05