Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2220

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Mapopolis Official Forum
 Questions
 Easy way to get all NA maps downloaded?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jgoggan

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2004 :  21:46:43  Show Profile
Anyone have a script or anything to make it easy to download all of the NA Navigator maps from my subscription?

I'm tired of doing it state-by-state -- especially with the multiple updates/fixes that we went through a couple weeks ago. Now that things have "settled", I'd like to just grab all of them without having to go through state-by-state to do it. I'm hoping someone with a bit more initiative than myself has taken the time to simplify/automate the full set download...

Thanks!

- John...

---
Toshiba Genio e550G PocketPC (PPC2002); Mapopolis (v4.x); SanDisk 512MB SD; Magellan MAP330 GPS (v4.x); LinkSys WCF12 WiFi (CF)

Ads

dcrochet

USA
1044 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2004 :  22:24:04  Show Profile
I've been out of the loop. Is everything updated and ready for final download?

Dell Axim X5 400MHz A04, PPC2002 OS, Mapopolis 4.xx, Fortuna PocketXTrack CF GPS
Go to Top of Page

jgoggan

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2004 :  22:29:35  Show Profile
I don't know. I assumed so -- but I don't know if that is official. I started a few times and then gave up when things kept getting fixed. Maybe Lamar can tell us if what is there is now all fixed and proper (i.e. we'll be able to do "Open Map" on everything and so on)?

- John...

---
Toshiba Genio e550G PocketPC (PPC2002); Mapopolis (v4.x); SanDisk 512MB SD; Magellan MAP330 GPS (v4.x); LinkSys WCF12 WiFi (CF)
Go to Top of Page

todd3835

540 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2004 :  22:30:30  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jgoggan

Anyone have a script or anything to make it easy to download all of the NA Navigator maps from my subscription?

I'm tired of doing it state-by-state -- especially with the multiple updates/fixes that we went through a couple weeks ago. Now that things have "settled", I'd like to just grab all of them without having to go through state-by-state to do it. I'm hoping someone with a bit more initiative than myself has taken the time to simplify/automate the full set download...

Thanks!

- John...

---

AFAIK, it was just the major-roads maps that got updated, they were working on a zipfile of just those.....

-Todd

Tungsten|T / m505 both Sold!
Go to Top of Page

jgoggan

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2004 :  22:41:17  Show Profile
Well, I just upgraded to the new maps -- so I still need to download the entire set -- and therefore would like an easier way to do that than repeating this 50+ times: Choosing from the combobox, going to another page, clicking that I want to download all the county maps, then finally getting to another page that lets me actually download them. That gets old fast. Especially when I can't do them all at once, of course -- I can only download 2-3 at a time with any reasonable speed. So then my cookie times out and I get to re-log in again a few times.

In other words, that just isn't a good way to do it. :-)

- John...

---
Go to Top of Page

todd3835

540 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2004 :  03:29:30  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jgoggan

Well, I just upgraded to the new maps -- so I still need to download the entire set -- and therefore would like an easier way to do that than repeating this 50+ times: Choosing from the combobox, going to another page, clicking that I want to download all the county maps, then finally getting to another page that lets me actually download them. That gets old fast. Especially when I can't do them all at once, of course -- I can only download 2-3 at a time with any reasonable speed. So then my cookie times out and I get to re-log in again a few times.

In other words, that just isn't a good way to do it. :-)

- John...

---

I had a vb app that would download all the state packs, but have since lost it. Been just to long since I had to grab em all (when NC came out, so probably about 6 months ago) and I don't intend on upgrading to ND. For starters the POI issues, but not to mention the bad maps on alot of them. Not that the major road maps function like that on the palm, but I think they tried to rush ND out in the midst of trying to upgrade both Palm AND PPC versions at the same time..... I don't travel much, and my area wasn't updated, so I can't see a reason to upgrade.....
-Todd

Tungsten|T / m505 both Sold!
Go to Top of Page

paulkbiba

USA
5064 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2004 :  05:06:14  Show Profile
Todd: How dare you taunt us with this information!!! You leave us in our misery of mouse-clicking and carpal tunnel syndrome. We all demand that you find this application immediately and post it for us!!! We will hire witches and warlocks to curse you and make your life a miserable, pathetic not-niceness unless you give us this application immediately.

You have been warned.

Don't forget the GPSPassion Club!
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2004 :  13:54:36  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage
What you need is a list of state abbreviations (that's easy, ah?)

then you need a valid session (you must be logged in to mapopolis.com) - this will give you the s and q parameters below

Now use wget (http://xoomer.virgilio.it/hherold/) to download the maps.

Here is the example for Arizona:
majorroads:
http://64.208.105.215/servlet/MapStore/MAJORROADS-AZNGC06.mlp?fr=N&s=your_session_here&p=&q=your_q_here
counties
http://64.208.105.215/servlet/MapStore/AZNGC06.zip?fr=N&s=your_session_here&p=&q=your_q_here&zip=y

For other states, replace AZ with the state abbreviation.

Lutz
iPAQ 3970, GSM/GPRS jacket, various GPS programs and receivers
Go to Top of Page

jgoggan

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2004 :  14:47:43  Show Profile
Yes, I actually have been doing that -- but then I still need to manually do each state -- and, the hard part, I need to let a couple download and then start the next set. I don't want to have to pay that much attention. Plus take all day doing it! I just want to tell it to start at night and have it be done in the morning...

In any case, I'll write something if I need to. I was just hoping someone else had already done it -- because, as I said, I'm lazy. :-)

- John...

---
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2004 :  15:56:08  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage
If you want you can do this from within VBA (eg Excel) - this will allow you to automate it, and at the same time influence the timing and the buckets you want to download at each set (and avoid re-fetching stuff that you have received already.)

One remark - the Mapopolis site lists more than just the basic US states. Here's the current list:
"AL" Alabama
"AK" Alaska
"AS" American Samoa
"AZ" Arizona
"AR" Arkansas
"CA" California
"CO" Colorado
"CT" Connecticut
"DE" Delaware
"DC" District of Columbia
"FL" Florida
"GA" Georgia
"GU" Guam
"HI" Hawaii
"ID" Idaho
"IL" Illinois
"IN" Indiana
"IA" Iowa
"KS" Kansas
"KY" Kentucky
"LA" Louisiana
"ME" Maine
"MD" Maryland
"MA" Massachusetts
"MI" Michigan
"UM" Midway
"MN" Minnesota
"MS" Mississippi
"MO" Missouri
"MT" Montana
"NE" Nebraska
"NV" Nevada
"NH" New Hampshire
"NJ" New Jersey
"NM" New Mexico
"NY" New York
"NC" North Carolina
"ND" North Dakota
"MP" Northern Mariana Islands
"OH" Ohio
"OK" Oklahoma
"OR" Oregon
"PA" Pennsylvania
"PR" Puerto Rico
"RI" Rhode Island
"SC" South Carolina
"SD" South Dakota
"TN" Tennessee
"TX" Texas
"UT" Utah
"VI" Virgin Islands
"VA" Virginia
"VT" Vermont
"WA" Washington
"WV" West Virginia
"WI" Wisconsin
"WY" Wyoming

Lutz
iPAQ 3970, GSM/GPRS jacket, various GPS programs and receivers
Go to Top of Page

jgoggan

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2004 :  16:15:10  Show Profile
Mapopolis should just provide a nice interface to get entire countries, IMO...

- John...

---
Go to Top of Page

jgoggan

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2004 :  16:16:36  Show Profile
Either that or just allow me to buy a CD of the maps for the cost of the media. But, I really don't want to get into it with Lamar again. If he'd rather I use up $20 worth of their bandwidth instead of pay $15 for a CD -- that is fine. I've PAID for the data already -- I just want a better way to get it to me...

- John...

---
Go to Top of Page

mswlogo

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 19 avr. 2006 :  02:08:30  Show Profile
Has this been resolved, I'd like to download all maps I'm entitled to also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PPC-6700 WM5, Fortuna Slim GPS Sirf III Bluetooth. North America NE maps (MA and NH)
Go to Top of Page

Lizard_weasel

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 19 avr. 2006 :  02:15:15  Show Profile
As far as I know, same as it was 2 years ago when the post was authored.

Axim x50v, A05 ROM/Globalsat BT-338 Bluetooth GPS/2gb PNY SD card/2gb Kingston CF card/Mapopolis 4.7RC4 with NE maps.
Go to Top of Page

jgoggan

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2006 :  23:16:34  Show Profile
Yup -- same as before. When I renewed, I went through and manually downloaded them individually again. Still just as annoying. heh.

- John...

---
Dell Axim X51v (WM5); Mapopolis (v4.x); SanDisk 512MB SD; Seidio G4500 Car Mount w/ wired Pharos button GPS
Go to Top of Page

thepcdoctorca

Canada
151 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2006 :  16:46:39  Show Profile  Visit thepcdoctorca's Homepage
With most of us having high speed connections, why not put all of NA in a single zip file. I don't care how large it is, I can let the download go overnight. I'm going to be using the bandwidth anyway, just make it more convinient for your customers.

Dell Axim X5 400 A05 WM2003 Pharos iGPS-CF Mapopolis 4.60
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,51 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05