Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2246

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Nuvi hacks?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2007 :  00:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone figure out how to mod the software?

For starters I'd like it to automatically go to the map screen on power up. Bypassing the warning would be a bonus, too.

Thx!

Ads

bokkie

92 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2007 :  10:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric, I think we'd all like to do that! Garmin are strangely committed to keeping us well away from interfering with the device. One of the concepts with their devices that I've learned about over the years is protectionism. Garmin can only do so much with satellite data. What they can do a lot of is software. The more they keep for themselves the more money they make. The more we do, the less incentive there is to buy new software and that translates into device sales.

You only have to ask former iQue users about Joseph McKie's(?) outstanding iQue utility called FastFinger. If any piece of software written for a Garmin device caused an earthquake at Garmin's HQ it was FastFinger. I fervently believe that the large interactive buttons we have on small display devices was influenced by Joseph's application. Garmin played into Joseph's hands by publishing an API. For some reason and as far as I know, they've never done that again since. Go figure! :-)
Go to Top of Page

danham

USA
7440 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2007 :  16:26:13  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ask any long-time Mac user how "open" Garmin has historically been about its code [grin].

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA
Go to Top of Page

infin8007

90 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2007 :  05:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn and I was hoping.. oh well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05