Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Problem Enabling Bluetooth on 660
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

RC

5 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2007 :  05:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had a problem enabling bluetooth? It worked great for a few weeks but I had to disable it one day because my phone was low on power. Now I've tried to re-enable it and it just hangs on the "Enabling Bluetooth" screen for over 10-15 mins. Anyone have any idea what I should do? I've already tried resetting.

Ads

Bear Hunter

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2007 :  06:11:17  Show Profile  Visit Bear Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Enable the bluetooth on the Nuvi again...then get your phone and tell it to search for a connection. That should work.

Nuvi 660
Go to Top of Page

RC

5 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2007 :  06:54:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just tried that. My phone finds the Nuvi but it cannot connect and the Nuvi is still is stuck on the Enabling Bluetooth screen.
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2007 :  07:24:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try reinitialising the Bluetooth firmware, by scrolling through the diagnostic screens.

Then re-pair the phone with the nuvi - I've found BT to be a little shakey at times.

Garmin Streetpilot c320, Garmin GPSMap 60Csx, Garmin Nuvi 660, ForeRunner 305, Carminder GPS (Yes I'm hooked)
Go to Top of Page

RC

5 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2007 :  07:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the diagnostic screen for BT but I'm not sure which button to push to reinitialise it.

The buttons on the screen are:

BT Test Mo, Start Mic Loopba,
Remote D, Test Devic, Start Test,
Reset Dev, Start BT Loopback,
Unmodulat, Ch 0, Ch 39, Ch 78
Rx and TX,
Go to Top of Page

RC

5 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2007 :  19:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to everyone for the help so far!
Any other suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2007 :  12:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the delay with replying.

I get a very different BT diagnostic screen. This is about the fifth or sixth diagnostic screen after holding the centre of the screen (about 5 secs) on the speedometer display.

The option is Updt PR (see screenshot). The unit will ask you to confirm, reboot, then you can re pair the device.

Garmin Streetpilot c320, Garmin GPSMap 60Csx, Garmin Nuvi 660, ForeRunner 305, Carminder GPS (Yes I'm hooked)

Edited by - hcornea on 08 févr. 2007 13:02:46
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2007 :  06:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok ... now if it wasn't so annoying it would be funny.

RC ... my nuvi 660 has developed the same problem as yours.

I think this was triggered by the unit being left on, and the phone being taken out of bluetooth range.

Working fine one moment, then Bluetooth disabled, and unit hangs when "Enabling Bluetooth"

My fix above doesn't work, the BT firmware won't re-initialise. I've re-flashed the unit software, but what I think it really needs is reloading the BT firmware, but I don't have a separate executable, and webupdater doesn't allow you to reinstall the BT firmware.

Hmmm. Might load my nuvi backup, and start again ... unless anyone has a better idea, or knows where I can get the GPS firmware.

Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2007 :  06:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK RC ... you're going to love this (I think!)

1. Turn off your nuvi.
2. Turn on Nuvi whilst holding down upper left corner
3. "Do you really want to start in Maintenance mode? Yes.
4. Select Diagnostic Screens
5. Cycle through until you get to the BT screen (like the one above)
6. Select Updt PR (as above) - but this time it works!
7. BT Firmware Updating screen
8. Restart nuvi: BT is enabled, you can add device and pair (Hooray!)

This is a bluetooth bug, and may I say for the record that Garmin needs to make BT more robust. I have had to do similar things to this on many occasions.

Go to Top of Page

RC

5 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2007 :  01:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome, that worked.
Thank you hcornea!

I tried contacting Garmin about this but they never got back to me w/ an answer.
Go to Top of Page

Jakobi

Sweden
4 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2007 :  21:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. New to the forum, and new to the Nuvi 660. Satisfied but not with the Bluetooth. I can pair it with my SonyEricsson T630, it worked fine until i transfered the phone book.After that i cant access the phone.Tried several time to delete and pair again, using the diagnostic page to update BT firmware, updating all SW in the 660 but no luck.Strange thing is that as soon i have paired it and stop the automatic synchronisation of the phone book, it works to make and receive calls on the Nuvi. Anyone that has some good ideas to solve the problem (seem to be related to the phonebook)?
I also wonder if someone know how to remove the phonebook i transfered already (as it seem to be resident somewhere in memory even if i delete the phone and update the BT firmware)or stop the automatic syncronisation? If i atleast could get rid of that i can use the Nuvi to call/receive by dialing. Start to be desperate...
Go to Top of Page

Albahri65

3 Posts

Posted - 15 mars 2007 :  10:33:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hcornea

OK RC ... you're going to love this (I think!)

1. Turn off your nuvi.
2. Turn on Nuvi whilst holding down upper left corner
3. "Do you really want to start in Maintenance mode? Yes.
4. Select Diagnostic Screens
5. Cycle through until you get to the BT screen (like the one above)
6. Select Updt PR (as above) - but this time it works!
7. BT Firmware Updating screen
8. Restart nuvi: BT is enabled, you can add device and pair (Hooray!)

This is a bluetooth bug, and may I say for the record that Garmin needs to make BT more robust. I have had to do similar things to this on many occasions.

I'm using nuvi 310 and I love it, but I have exactly same problem and I tried to follow ýthese instructions but I got nothing, and I pressed upper right then unit asked me to ýdelete all user information so I pressed Yes, but nothing changed and still have the ýproblem :(ý

Anything you can help ??ý
Go to Top of Page

jlinaschke

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 15 mars 2007 :  16:23:09  Show Profile  Visit jlinaschke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I tried the above reset on my Nuvi and re-paired the phone, but got nowhere with it. I still have the same issue as described below...

I recently got Nuvi 670 and connected my Sony Ericsson K790a to it. It transferred the phone book and seemed to connect fine. What I eventually realized however is that the only time I will get a valid connection... meaning I can actually place and receive calls... is the first connection to the phone after I power the phone off and on. All subsequent connections are invalid... meaning the Nuvi and the K790a both think that there is a connection, however if I place a call from the Nuvi, it doesn't actually dial the phone. And if I place or answer a call on the phone, it thinks it can send sound through the Nuvi... but it can't, so I actually hear nothing and have to transfer the call back to the phone.

I recalled a similar problem before with a different phone in a cars built-in handsfree system, and the solution was to establish the initial connection to the car FROM the phone, and to set it up as a "handsfree" device, NOT as a 'regular' device. I tried doing that with the Nuvi but it fails to make the initial connection (this is of course after I've un-paired the phone and Nuvi, essentially starting fresh).

I'm at a loss... anyone else experienced this?

thanks
-Joseph

PS - one way I know the pairing is invalid even without trying to make a call is to go to 'text message'. SMS is not supported on my phone (at least according to the Garmin website), and during a valid connection if I click on this the device will tell me that this feature is not supported. But when I have an 'invalid' connection, as described above, then when I go to 'text message' it allows me to compose and 'send' a message, although of course nothing sends.
Go to Top of Page

funcritter

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 15 mars 2007 :  20:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may have to try the Updt PR in the Diagnostic mode and then pairing up the phone several times before it actually works. It will eventually work, I got both of my 680s paired up with my Treo 650 complete with my whole phonebook. Like I said it took numerous tries to get it to work 100% but I did get it.
Go to Top of Page

jlinaschke

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 15 mars 2007 :  22:17:42  Show Profile  Visit jlinaschke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So you just pair it... test... delete... pair... test... delete... until it actually connects every time? Crazy!

-J
Go to Top of Page

funcritter

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 15 mars 2007 :  23:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats eactly what I had to do. On one of my 680 units, it paired up perfectly complete with phonebook. The other 680 paired up but only listed three contacts from my book. I thik I kept trying about 15 times till finally I got it to work 100%.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05