Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2243

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Mapopolis Official Forum
 News
 News from Mapopolis
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 21 mars 2007 :  01:18:47  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Okay, who's going to buy the data license?

Lamar (I should REALLY keep out of this discussion! It's not like I can ADD anything to it.) :)

Airstream travel trailers are round on both ends.
Go to Top of Page

irishjohn

Ireland
141 Posts

Posted - 21 mars 2007 :  09:32:02  Show Profile
Hi Guys

Sounds like a new company is being born here, and Im sure Ris is reading all this maybe he is intrested in being part of the new venture. Did anybody find out how much the navteq licence is. Befour large sums of money is invested why did Mapopolis pull out, was it an offer they couldent refuse, or they were not making enough money. Eather way it sounds like a way of keeping the community happy and making a small amount of money on the side. I'd be intrested in helping in the finance if things got going

Regards
John

Dell Axim x50v / 1gb sd card / Europe Ireland Mapopolis 4.7..

A Man Has a Wife Cus He Cant Blame The Government For Everything
Go to Top of Page

MHmobile

6 Posts

Posted - 21 mars 2007 :  21:52:37  Show Profile
Anyone have any idea what kind of funds are going to be needed for start up? I already donated $135.00 to the Destinator 6 fund and ended up with a substandard program with q2 05 maps....
Go to Top of Page

irishjohn

Ireland
141 Posts

Posted - 21 mars 2007 :  22:37:55  Show Profile
Hi again

Rang Navteq today, pressed loads of buttons for their answering machine and then it said good by and hung up on me. Ill try again tommorow

Dell Axim x50v / 1gb sd card / Europe Ireland Mapopolis 4.7..

A Man Has a Wife Cus He Cant Blame The Government For Everything

Edited by - irishjohn on 21 mars 2007 22:38:27
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2007 :  20:25:37  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage
Lamar,

have a look at the Nokia Smart2Go offering (Gate5 basically). They offer the optimal hybrid solution - as much offboard (server based) as needed, as much onboard (offline) as the user wants. You can prefetch any amount of maps onto your device while on a fast internet connection at home etc, but you can also chose to check if the server has newer maps when you are connected.

A nice slap in the face of the mobile phone carriers and their evil data plans ;-)

Other than that I'd be interested to help out with the new project. I could add some OpenTMC twinklings, or other traffic flow stuff. By the way, how about reviving the Cleartraffic stuff? It keeps being a better solution than TMC.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

ptizoom

5 Posts

Posted - 04 avr. 2007 :  11:24:46  Show Profile  Visit ptizoom's Homepage
Lutz,

Are you not put off by the word .NET? :-)
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 04 avr. 2007 :  16:23:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage
No, because I know that it is only marketing blabla. The engine can also be accessed through native code.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2007 :  07:50:00  Show Profile
Hi Guys
Do you know where i can get Europe Mappack, I've bought the U.S/Canada Map pack and I'm heading to Europe next month I really like Mapopolis. since they've folded up their sale and Amazon stop selling the maps as well.
Go to Top of Page

chrissard

7 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2007 :  16:12:17  Show Profile
When I log into http://www.mapopolis.com

I have access to DEMO maps for London, Paris and Rome only. I am not sure what other maps may have been out there...

quote:
Originally posted by mehrloo

Hi Guys
Do you know where i can get Europe Mappack, I've bought the U.S/Canada Map pack and I'm heading to Europe next month I really like Mapopolis. since they've folded up their sale and Amazon stop selling the maps as well.

x51v,x5
Haicom HI-303 & HI-401bt
Go to Top of Page

chrust

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2007 :  02:12:00  Show Profile
Try e-mail to
support@mapopolis.com
It used to be their customer support address.
They were selling the Europe (western only) maps couple months ago, before their exit from the PDA business. Hard to believe that they do not want sell anything anymore...
Chrust
Go to Top of Page

12paq

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2007 :  05:18:31  Show Profile
I'm looking for navigator maps for PPC north America. Where can I buy the or obtain them legally? Can I get them from anyone since the company has abandoned me as a customer?
Since Mapopilis has abandoned me as a paying customer I'm a bit miffed. I am about to take a trip from Colorado to Michigan and I neglected to download all the maps I needed before this company went belly up. I would gladly renew me subscription to obtain these maps. Yet Mapapolis has left during the night and left me looking at sub-par mapping alternatives.
This stinks! How hard could it be to sell even old maps online? Something else must be a foot. I smell lawyers ...pew!

If anyone has maps of the Midwest and its legal send the to me thanks.

Don
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2007 :  07:42:50  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage
use their SDK beta version. It will automatically download the maps.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

grahamnind

44 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2007 :  19:09:13  Show Profile
Do you have a link for the SDK?
Go to Top of Page

MagMashr

25 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2007 :  19:43:11  Show Profile
I thought the links to download maps wouldn't expire? I logged in and the maps I could download a couple of months ago are now expired, and I have to "add to cart". I woulod think anyone from the beginning of the year who was still active should not expire.
Go to Top of Page

Lizard_weasel

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2007 :  20:27:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Magellan

I thought the links to download maps wouldn't expire? I logged in and the maps I could download a couple of months ago are now expired, and I have to "add to cart". I woulod think anyone from the beginning of the year who was still active should not expire.

They last 1 year from purchase date. I can't get mine either.

Steve
Garmin Nuvi 750, 3760LTM and Zumo 660.
Formerly Nuvi 350 and Axim x51v with Mapopolis and bluetooth receiver.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,86 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05