Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 www.POInUSA.com - Sharing Custom POIs
 Custom POI "Collections"
 Atlanta, Ga area red light cams
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2006 :  02:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Atlanta, Ga area red light cams

New collection

Manager: dwhite58
Last Update: 12/31/2006
Number of POIs: 38
Coverage: Atlanta USA
Available Format(s): csv (Garmin,...)
Download Link: Dwhite58_AtlantaCam.zip

I have just finished coding all knowwn red light cameras in the metro Atlanta area. I would like to upload them, if there is any interest in having them on file here.

Edited by - jlb on 01 janv. 2007 09:27:03

Ads

sgodfrey2000

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12 déc. 2006 :  02:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes please do. I'm from the Atlanta area.
Go to Top of Page

Kris2005

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2006 :  01:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,
please upload them. I am in metro Atlanta as well....
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2006 :  03:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The file has been uploaded. I named it dwhite58_AtlantaCam.zip. Hopefuly, the administrator will make it avalable soon.

-David
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2006 :  08:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dwhite58,

INDEX and first post updated.

Jean
Team GpsPasSion - Moderator
Go to Top of Page

sgodfrey2000

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 14 déc. 2006 :  03:05:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Here are updated GPS coord for Peachtree Industial Blvd. & Pleasant Hill Rd. -84.1702 and 34.0045. New to this forum. so not sure how you handle updates.
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2006 :  19:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgodfrey2000

Hi,

Here are updated GPS coord for Peachtree Industial Blvd. & Pleasant Hill Rd. -84.1702 and 34.0045. New to this forum. so not sure how you handle updates.

I have made a note of it. I'll check the file here and make the correction.

-David
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2006 :  19:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlb

Hi dwhite58,

Jean

Thanks for the quick responce. It looks like I'm not the only one in Atlanta interested in where the cameras are.

-David
Go to Top of Page

charchen

2 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2006 :  15:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is one on west paces ferry and northside pwky? how would you get coordinates for this?
Go to Top of Page

bigherc88

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2006 :  19:27:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are the coordinates for West Paces Ferry Rd & Northside Pky -84.430070 and 33.849060.

Nuvi 350
Hercules
Go to Top of Page

sgodfrey2000

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2006 :  19:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is an additonal location to add:

Old Milton Pkwy (Ga-120) & Rt9

Stan
Go to Top of Page

ptwat

50 Posts

Posted - 31 déc. 2006 :  01:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to this forum and to GPSes. I loaded this POI list into my new c340 since I live in Atlanta (thanks dwhite58!)and have several questions:
As I approach these intersections (there are three within a 2 mi radius) there is no audible alert even though I have the proximity alarms on. It may be the way I am doing it, but to get the alerts I push "where to", "POIs" and then the POI group folder the lights are in and leave all of them up but do not choose any one of them.
How can I share any of these locations as I find any more of them (i.e. how do I capture and get the data out of the C340 if I do not have Mapsource?)or other types of POIs? My c340 came preloaded and I did not find Mapsource.
How can I get the GPS lat/long from the C340?
How do I load this stuff on an SD card instead of the C340 memory?

If this has all been discussed elsewhere, please refer me.
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  04:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by charchen

there is one on west paces ferry and northside pwky? how would you get coordinates for this?

I have the capibility of looking up the coordinates for that intersection, and adding it to the file. I started out with the ones listed on one of the national sights, and it is likely it doesn't have all listed. I am checkng back here for corrections and updates, as well as cchecking as many of them as I can in my travles around the city. I already know there is a problem with University Parkway and Winder Hwy.

-David
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  04:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here is an additonal location to add:

Old Milton Pkwy (Ga-120) & Rt9

Stan

Have added it to the file. Thanks.

-David
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  04:29:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptwat

I am new to this forum and to GPSes. I loaded this POI list into my new c340 since I live in Atlanta (thanks dwhite58!)and have several questions:
As I approach these intersections (there are three within a 2 mi radius) there is no audible alert even though I have the proximity alarms on. It may be the way I am doing it, but to get the alerts I push "where to", "POIs" and then the POI group folder the lights are in and leave all of them up but do not choose any one of them.
How can I share any of these locations as I find any more of them (i.e. how do I capture and get the data out of the C340 if I do not have Mapsource?)or other types of POIs? My c340 came preloaded and I did not find Mapsource.
How can I get the GPS lat/long from the C340?
How do I load this stuff on an SD card instead of the C340 memory?

If this has all been discussed elsewhere, please refer me.

You need to tell the POI loader software this file contains proxcimity alerts. When loadinng more than one POI file to your GPS tell the POI loader you want to configure manually. I forgot if it asks before or after you tell it which directory your POI filea are i on your computer. When you set it to manual it will give you a dialogue box for each POI file. Check the "This file contains proxcimity alerts" box, then tell it how close to give you the alert in feet. I ues 2500 feet. Works out to about a half mile. Hope this helps.

-David
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  05:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlb

Hi dwhite58,

Jean

I have uploaded an updated version of the file. Could you please replace the origional? The correct one is the 1810 byte file. It has all the additionns and corrections.
Thanks.

-David
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  09:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dwhite58,

Link and first post updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

ptwat

50 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  14:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dwhite58

You need to tell the POI loader software this file contains proxcimity alerts. When loadinng more than one POI file to your GPS tell the POI loader you want to configure manually. I forgot if it asks before or after you tell it which directory your POI filea are i on your computer. When you set it to manual it will give you a dialogue box for each POI file. Check the "This file contains proxcimity alerts" box, then tell it how close to give you the alert in feet. I ues 2500 feet. Works out to about a half mile. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will try that.
Do you know how people are collecting GPS coordinates for specific sites?

Also the traffic cam for State Br Rd (GA 120) and Medlock (GA 141) is not in place. Probably planned but not implemented yet. It sure needs one though.
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2007 :  04:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks, I will try that.
Do you know how people are collecting GPS coordinates for specific sites?

Also the traffic cam for State Br Rd (GA 120) and Medlock (GA 141) is not in place. Probably planned but not implemented yet. It sure needs one though.

I started with a list of red light cameras avalable on photoenforced.com. Then took the listed intersections and looked them up using MapSource to get the coordanates, then putting them into Google Earth to pinpoint the middle of the intersection.
That is the reason some cameras that are out there may not be in the list, and other listedd ones aren't. I'm trying to verify as many of them as I can during my travles around the city. I hate to take one out, though. I'll check some other sights, and see what I can find out. One thing that's sorta interesting... The official Gwinnett County sight only lists 3 active cameras in the city. There are, in fact, over 10.
I'm relying on others, like you, to help me fine tune the file.
Thanks.

-David
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2007 :  04:38:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlb

Hi dwhite58,

Link and first post updated.

Jean

Thank you so much. By the way, I'm David.

-David
Go to Top of Page

ptwat

50 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2007 :  20:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I started with a list of red light cameras avalable on photoenforced.com. Then took the listed intersections and looked them up using MapSource to get the coordanates, then putting them into Google Earth to pinpoint the middle of the intersection.
That is the reason some cameras that are out there may not be in the list, and other listedd ones aren't. I'm trying to verify as many of them as I can during my travles around the city. I hate to take one out, though. I'll check some other sights, and see what I can find out. One thing that's sorta interesting... The official Gwinnett County sight only lists 3 active cameras in the city. There are, in fact, over 10.
Thanks.

Did Mapsource come with your GPS or did you buy it separately? I did not apparently get that with my C340 but found a tool that may help me extract custom POIs. If that works out I will do my part to add to the list. BTW, I live in (the new) Johns Creek area.
Go to Top of Page

sgodfrey2000

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2007 :  22:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dwhite58,

The current list has the coordinates for Haynes Bridge and North Point Drive. The actual red light camera is at Haynes Bridge and North Point Parkway. here are those corrinates

-84.28655278 34.04858056 Haynes Bridge Rd. & North Point Pkwy.
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2007 :  21:20:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the file David! Now, where's the Speed Trap file? :p
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2007 :  04:47:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks.

Did Mapsource come with your GPS or did you buy it separately? I did not apparently get that with my C340 but found a tool that may help me extract custom POIs. If that works out I will do my part to add to the list. BTW, I live in (the new) Johns Creek area.

Mapsorce came with my GPS, though you can buy it seprately. Check the Garmin websight if you're interested.
Nice area up there in North Fulton.

-David
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2007 :  04:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

dwhite58,

The current list has the coordinates for Haynes Bridge and North Point Drive. The actual red light camera is at Haynes Bridge and North Point Parkway. here are those corrinates

-84.28655278 34.04858056 Haynes Bridge Rd. & North Point Pkwy.

I have made the correction to the master file here.
Thanks.

-David
Go to Top of Page

ptwat

50 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2007 :  14:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my C340 the proximity alert does not always work for Pleasant Hill & PIB camera. I looked at the file and the only difference looks like the GPS trailing digits are not the same as the others (that work all the time). I have created a file with the same number of trailing digits and will try that. I will report after I go through there again.
Go to Top of Page

sgodfrey2000

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2007 :  00:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dwhite58,

I haven't seen a red light camera at -84.19 34.0177 State Bridge Rd. & Medlock Bridge Rd.

If you want to delete this entry, I'll watch and see if one is ever added. I go through that intersection regularly.
Go to Top of Page

ptwat

50 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2007 :  14:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

On my C340 the proximity alert does not always work for Pleasant Hill & PIB camera. I looked at the file and the only difference looks like the GPS trailing digits are not the same as the others (that work all the time). I have created a file with the same number of trailing digits and will try that. I will report after I go through there again.

I have tried different ways to get this POI to alarm. It once went off when I approach the intersection from the north but did not on subsequent trips. It sometimes (once or twice) shows up as an icon but has only went off once. The one at State Bridge and Medlock goes off almost everytime but not 100%.
I am begining to wonder if there is something wrong with my C340.
Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

ptwat

50 Posts

Posted - 27 janv. 2007 :  20:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally figured out what is the problem with the Peachtree Industrial and Pleasant Hill intersection. The coordinates are slightly off. The ones that work for me are here:

-84.170205,34.004423,Peachtree Industial Blvd. & Pleasant Hill Rd.

Also there is a cam at:

-84.236218,34.059179,Old Milton Pkwy (Ga-120) & State Br Pkwy

UPDATE- there is a camera warning sign here but I am yet to see the hardware.

Also, I called Garmin and asked them to send me a copy of MapSource and they did!

Edited by - ptwat on 01 févr. 2007 15:36:33
Go to Top of Page

Cherio

5 Posts

Posted - 03 févr. 2007 :  21:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by charchen

Navigate to the intersection in google maps and hit "Link to this page" link. In the address bar you will see your coordinates. Enjoy :)
Go to Top of Page

rwcohen

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2007 :  21:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David,

I am a new Mio 310x user. Is your list of cams suitable fo this unit? Also, being a dummy, I could not find your most current version and I know nothing of how to load this list to my unit. Can you help please. I live in Decatur and really need this cam list.

Thanks,

rwcohen
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 27 mars 2007 :  02:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rwcohen

David,

I am a new Mio 310x user. Is your list of cams suitable fo this unit? Also, being a dummy, I could not find your most current version and I know nothing of how to load this list to my unit. Can you help please. I live in Decatur and really need this cam list.

Thanks,

rwcohen

I am not familer with your unit. There should be instructions on how to load custom points of interest (POIs) in the unit's instruction manual. I have a Garmin unit, and it is fairly simple. If you can't find anything to help in the manual, ask here in a general information forum. Just download the POI file using the link here, and follow the instructions to upload them into your unit.

-David
Go to Top of Page

PostDeals

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2007 :  17:07:14  Show Profile  Visit PostDeals's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how do i convert this so I can use it on my MIO 310X?
Go to Top of Page

mjhapp

3 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  19:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw a sign and cameras at Freedom Parkway and Boulevard. Wasn't stopped so I couldn't get the coordintes.

M
Go to Top of Page

mjhapp

3 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  19:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wasn't stoped so i couldn't get coords but it looks like there are now cams at Freedom Parkway and Boulevard

M
Go to Top of Page

mjhapp

3 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  19:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the double post... Server gave me a weird error but apparently processed anyway.
Go to Top of Page

kruuth

71 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2008 :  16:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I get these into my C230? I've got an SD card.
Go to Top of Page

ptwat

50 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2008 :  01:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are better explanations on how to load them than this but basically download the POIs put them in a folder (with other POIs you want to load) and use the Garmin POI loader to put them on your GPS. Of course you will have to have your GPS connected to the same computer.
Go to Top of Page

kruuth

71 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2008 :  05:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, but is there a way to get a warning as to when I am approaching them? I haven't found anything on how to do that.
Go to Top of Page

bmwbig6

10 Posts

Posted - 01 mars 2008 :  13:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You get the warning by specifying (when initially loading the POI's to your unit) the range distance (I think it's in meters?) that will trigger the alert. For instance, if you set the alert for 50 meters, you may never get the warning (or it may be too late). Set it too great, and you will get alerts for streets you may not even be traveling on. I believe the original post of this thread makes a distance recommendation. I think I doubled that amount and it works fine for me, with plenty of warning.

Ben
Go to Top of Page

dsartain7

2 Posts

Posted - 16 mars 2008 :  05:40:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are cameras at Beaver Ruin Rd and Lawrenceville Hwy in Lilburn. S&T shows the coordinates as 33.90319 & 84.12155. At the rate Gwinnett County is adding them, it may be hard to keep up. I've read this forum for quite some time, but am relatively new to much of this. Is there a way I can know when the file for these gets updated, so I can download it again? Thanks much for providing this!
Go to Top of Page

alpine7513

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  19:56:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dwhite, thank you so much!!!

The POI for Hwy 84 and Hwy 78 (-84.9937 33.856) does not cause an alert as you approach the intersection of 84 and 78. The one for 78 and 124 worked like a charm.

Just thought you might wanna know.

Mike

Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2008 :  04:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alpine7513

Dwhite, thank you so much!!!

The POI for Hwy 84 and Hwy 78 (-84.9937 33.856) does not cause an alert as you approach the intersection of 84 and 78. The one for 78 and 124 worked like a charm.

Just thought you might wanna know.

Mike

I will check the file against Google Earth and see if maybe the coordinates mght be off.

-David
Go to Top of Page

dwhite58

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2008 :  04:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsartain7

There are cameras at Beaver Ruin Rd and Lawrenceville Hwy in Lilburn. S&T shows the coordinates as 33.90319 & 84.12155. At the rate Gwinnett County is adding them, it may be hard to keep up. I've read this forum for quite some time, but am relatively new to much of this. Is there a way I can know when the file for these gets updated, so I can download it again? Thanks much for providing this!

There isn't really a way to know when an update comes out, other than checking in from time to time. I try to post an announcement here when there is a major update. Key word...TRY... At the rate Gwinnett County is adding cameras, I could do an update every week...
As a general rule, I post an update when there are 5 or more new ones, or 5 changes to existing ones.
I haven't hd the chance to go through the file and make changes / additions / updates in some time. I will try to in the few weekends.
Thanks for your interest.

-David
Go to Top of Page

xvvvz

12 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2008 :  04:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for doing this!

It is interesting to see that the date on the file when it is downloaded to my computer is much older than the dates on some of the replies to this thread. Since the updates from the replies have been incorporated into the file, I know it is been updated since the date on the file!
Go to Top of Page

xvvvz

12 Posts

Posted - 22 août 2008 :  00:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For what it is worth, there is an article in today's AJC in regard to the red light cameras within the city of Atlanta and the revenue they generate/their effectiveness.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/08/21/redlight.html

RED-LIGHT CAMERA ENFORCEMENT
1. West Paces Ferry Road and Northside Parkway
2. Peachtree Road and Lenox Road
3. Buford Highway and Lenox Road
4. Piedmont Road and Monroe Drive
5. Spring Street and North Avenue
6. Courtland Avenue and Baker Street
7. Freedom Parkway and Boulevard
8. Cleveland Avenue and Metropolitan Parkway
Go to Top of Page

xvvvz

12 Posts

Posted - 22 août 2008 :  02:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess these three are the ones I did not see on the list. I have put the coordinates that Google Earth gave me:

1. West Paces Ferry Road and Northside Parkway 33°50'56.71"N 84°25'48.14"W
7. Freedom Parkway and Boulevard 33°45'36.86"N 84°22'19.33"W
8. Cleveland Avenue and Metropolitan Parkway 33°40'52.63"N 84°24'27.84"W
Go to Top of Page

xvvvz

12 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2008 :  04:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to an article in the AJC, there are some upcoming changes to Gwinnett County:

"The camera at Ga. 316/Ga. 8 will no longer be in use, and the camera at Indian Trail and Oak Brook Parkway will be relocated. Cameras will remain in place at the intersections of Jimmy Carter Boulevard and Singleton Road; Mall of Georgia Boulevard and Ga. 20; and at Steve Reynolds Boulevard and Beaver Ruin Road."
Go to Top of Page

jchardeman

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  21:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave --

Do you have an update to the Atlanta Traffic Cam POI file that you can post or e-mail to me? I just got a 265WT and I'd like to load it up w/ the latest and greatest -- and it seems like it would take a while to follow all the changes in this forum.

Thanks!

Jim Hardeman
Decatur, GA

jchardeman
Decatur, GA USA
Go to Top of Page

akata

1 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2008 :  19:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is the latest and greatest file available for download? Thanks for all your hard work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05