Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 New beta POI Loader version
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

danham

USA
7442 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2006 :  18:25:37  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
from Garmin's web site:

Changes made from version 2.3.2 to 2.4.0:

Added support for Windows Mobile devices.
Added support for uninstalling all custom POI's from a device.
Added support for subcategories of POI's.
Added support for handling individual bitmap symbols for each subcategory of POI's.
Added support for jpeg (.jpg) images that can be associated with POI's.
Added support for wave (.wav) files POI alerts.
Added support for allowing users to specify a 'Link' directory that contain POI associations, such as bitmap (.bmp) symbols, jpeg (.jpg) images, mp3 (.mp3) audio files, or wave (.wav) audio files.
Added support for contact information and address information that can be specified in a GPX (.gpx) file.
Added a command line option to POI Loader to run automatically without requiring user interaction.
Added the ability to choose POI files to ignore.
Check for validity of the drive name in the POI path.

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA

Ads

jotne

Norway
1685 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2006 :  18:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1673

Previously owned : GPS "eTrex Yellow" "GPSmap 76S" "GPSMap 60CS" "GPSMAP 60CSx" "Nüvi 660"
Unit I have now :"Nüvi 760 EU" "Nüvi 765" "Edge 305" "Colorado 300"
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7723 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2006 :  18:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting that the file download page says the file is dated Sept 6, 2006. Been in beta a while it seems.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

jotne

Norway
1685 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2006 :  18:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did install it,but have trouble to find what version I am running.

PS the file itself is also dated sept 6

Previously owned : GPS "eTrex Yellow" "GPSmap 76S" "GPSMap 60CS" "GPSMAP 60CSx" "Nüvi 660"
Unit I have now :"Nüvi 760 EU" "Nüvi 765" "Edge 305" "Colorado 300"

Edited by - jotne on 08 déc. 2006 22:09:22
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2006 :  21:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This goes a long way, if it really adds customised alerts.
Now all we need is times and directionality for POI alerts

Jotne: click the icon in the upper left corner, which will enable you to select "About POILoader" from the dropdown menu. That will give you the version number
....probably better to continue on the POI thread

Garmin Streetpilot c320, Garmin GPSMap 60Csx, Garmin Nuvi 660, ForeRunner 305, Carminder GPS (Yes I'm hooked)

Edited by - hcornea on 08 déc. 2006 21:53:46
Go to Top of Page

Skiddy

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2006 :  23:21:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The features here appear suspiciously like the TourGuide functionality in mapsource. Do you think this is Garmin's way of getting out of having to give the DVD to Nuvi customers? most of us have been using this as our justification to get a hold of the software. Just a thought!

Currently using: Nuvi 660
Go to Top of Page

danham

USA
7442 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2006 :  23:33:52  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I kind of doubt it. First, they still have to support MapSource as part of the map update package. Second, they give POI Loader away. If we want to dream up a draconian scheme hatched by Garmin it would more likely be that they would withhold those functions and make everyone pay for a copy of MapSource if you want it independent of a map update.

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2006 :  23:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The custom sounds for POI alerts work!! See my post:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34316

Finally, there is a difference b/w speedcam and redlightcam noises! Now if I could just find a suitable noise!

Garmin Streetpilot c320, Garmin GPSMap 60Csx, Garmin Nuvi 660, ForeRunner 305, Carminder GPS (Yes I'm hooked)
Go to Top of Page

Skiddy

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2006 :  23:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm definitely NOT complaining, ANY new feature/functionality is most welcome

Currently using: Nuvi 660
Go to Top of Page

Simon Slavin

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2006 :  01:44:20  Show Profile  Visit Simon Slavin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So is anyone going to tell me if this stuff actually works ?

> Added support for jpeg (.jpg) images that can be associated with POI's.

Where does the image show up ?

> Added support for contact information and address information that can be specified in a GPX (.gpx) file.

Does that mean you can make phone numbers that work ?

Throw me a bone, here.

Mac user, programmer, neophile.
Go to Top of Page

cfw

Belgium
278 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2006 :  11:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried jpg.

When you touch the small image you will get a view as in Picture Viewer.
I tried MP3 and though it is in the POI ( I can see because of the POIs size) I don't see yet how to make it play. I wil try with a WAV sound today. I imagine the sound is going to play when I arrive at that particular POI location.

Nuvi 300 GTM11- Nuvi 660T

Edited by - cfw on 11 déc. 2006 15:50:09
Go to Top of Page

cfw

Belgium
278 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2006 :  14:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this readme file comes with it :

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/poi_loader_readme.pdf

now I succeeded in using wav. file with my POI but the wav gets incorporated in your poi. A simple poi is 1 or 2 KB, a poi with for ex. a wav file of 43 KB becomes a 86 KB gpi file. I have not tried this with a 500 redlight camera's poi s witch would have all the same sound included.

Nuvi 300 GTM11- Nuvi 660T

Edited by - cfw on 11 déc. 2006 14:13:36
Go to Top of Page

m4rk

331 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2006 :  21:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pleased with the beta so far. Now I finally have a way to organise how the POI's appear in the lists on the Nuvi. They used to be one big mess of POI's on the Nuvi. Now I can finally sort them into folders and arrange them alphabetically making it easier to find things on the Nuvi

Nuvi350, LooxN560

Edited by - m4rk on 11 déc. 2006 21:12:26
Go to Top of Page

Simon Slavin

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 12 déc. 2006 :  04:55:32  Show Profile  Visit Simon Slavin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hcornea

The custom sounds for POI alerts work!!

You know what this means, don't you ? We're going to see sponsoring of GPS units: as you approach a branch of Dunkin' Donuts it's going to say "Mmmmm. I fancy a donut about now !".

Okay, I got it all to work: Phone numbers and addresses were my main interest and Garmin have been very clever about implementing them in a compact manner. Props and snaps to the Garmin firmware programmers. Now lets see addresses and multi-phone numbers work for .gpx files.

In answer to a point raised by cfw, when bitmaps are used for map icons, the bitmap is included just once in the file, and all the waypoints point to the same copy. It would be interesting to see if it's that clever about other resources. I don't have a Windows machine so I can't test it.

Mac user, programmer, neophile.
Go to Top of Page

swing

United Kingdom
346 Posts

Posted - 12 déc. 2006 :  23:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Certainly having loaded a number of WAV files to support some Custom POIs, there's no way it adds the WAV file for each POI - I suspect it only includes each resource once.

The WAV file support works well, except one little thing - with no WAV file, there is a small difference between the initial warning of an upcoming POI and the overspeed warning for a POI, but with a WAV file it uses the same WAV file for both sounds. It would be nice if Garmin offered a facility for selecting a second WAV file for the overspeed warning.
Go to Top of Page

hpatlik

1153 Posts

Posted - 14 déc. 2006 :  06:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may have found a bug in the Beta version (2.40) of POILoader when using with Nuvi 350. I setup my folders with various csv files including a file for radar traps which are in a gpx format. For the some of the categories that have one waypoint in the file, when I select that name from the Custom POI list on my Nuvi, it jumps to my radar trap listing and does not display the single waypoint. I tried renaming the single waypoint files but no diference. I am stumped. Any suggestions. If not, I will notify Garmin.

Thanks,

HPatlik

Edited by - hpatlik on 14 déc. 2006 06:34:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05