Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2213

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 iGuidance V3 on Mio C310x
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

delta901

33 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2006 :  21:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Note by GpsPasSion : posted by Jsn in the thread : "I spent quite a while reading threw the threads last night, trying to find the "correct" 4 Dll files to get IGuidance 3 working correctly on my mio. I finally found them all. So no one else has to go threw the pain, I zipped them up. Here is a link to download it"

I have iGuidance V3 and would like to use it on the Mio 310x. iGuidance use newest Navteq maps for US, I hope it will be better than Teleatlas maps.

Any clue how to install iGuidance V3?

Ads

OKCrew

15 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2006 :  22:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have the steps in front of me, but it works great. Search the FatWallet forums. There are instructions there. It involves copying 4 pocketpc dll files to the C310x.

I have both iGuidance v3.0.1 and MioMaps on my C310x with the shell replacement. Use the iguidanceQVGA.exe

Good luck...
Go to Top of Page

criver

5 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2006 :  02:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thread in fatwallet http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=80&catid=18&threadid=653493 and look for a post by greendeal.

I have to put the dll's in iGuidance folder for it to work.

The following is from fatwallet.
quote:

Okay it took some trial and error before I got it working perfectly.

First of all, there is a good explanation of what dll's are needed for pocket PC applications here:
http://www.wincesoft.de/html/ppc_apps_on_hpc_s.html

In our specific case of iGuidance v3 on a MyGuide3240, the missing dll's are
aygshell.dll
note_prj.dll
mfcce300.dll
doclist.dll

The problem is that there are many different versions of those files if you search on google, it takes some time and trial & error before you get the combination that works.

The following combination works perfectly on my unit:
aygshell.dll and note_prj.dll from "Pack Dll" at this french website http://www.teaser.fr/~vdisanzo/xania/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=36&func=selectcat&cat=1
mfcce300.dll from "Pack Dll specifiques" from the same french website
doclist.dll from this japanese link http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/dummydll.zip

When you have downloaded the above files, installation is easy.
Insert the DVD into your desktop computer and follow instructions for the installation program. Copy the above four dll's into the \Storage Card\iNav iGuidance\ folder
(it's also possible to put those four dll's into the internal \Windows\ folder, but I think it's better to put them on the storage card, that way, if you do a hard reset, you don't need to reinstall anything)

Your gps is now ready to go.

Go to Top of Page

O NO

9 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2006 :  05:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the post up criver

I had a problem with the japanese site and couldn't pull down the docklist.dll. From what I am gathering in your post the docklist.dll that is in the Pack Dll zip can't be used ?
Go to Top of Page

delta901

33 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2006 :  07:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by O NO

Thanks for the post up criver

I had a problem with the japanese site and couldn't pull down the docklist.dll. From what I am gathering in your post the docklist.dll that is in the Pack Dll zip can't be used ?

Somehow, link to the Japanese site doesn't work.
Here is how you can get it:
-Go to: http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/
-Look for the link JUST ABOVE "MultiByteCabEnabler(WindowsMobile5 PPC—p) 2006/05/29"
-Download it

It takes me a while to look for the link! Hope it help!

I am installing iGuidance now....
Go to Top of Page

O NO

9 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2006 :  08:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks delta901

I downloaded the dummydll.zip file.

Opened it up and there is two of everthing there and they are of different file sizes .............
Which is the correct one
Go to Top of Page

aqn99

2 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2006 :  21:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the instructions, I got iguidance V3 installed but everytime I bring up the "route list" after entering a destination, it freezes and I have to do a soft reset. Does anybody else have this problem.
Go to Top of Page

Yafeu

11 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2006 :  23:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how big is the installation and did you install it to your flash memory or a card?
Go to Top of Page

delta901

33 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2006 :  23:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed iGuidance V3.0.1 using the guide posted above.

The process is SUPER SLOW (due to USB 1.1). I installed it on the card w/o any issue.

However, iGo is MUCH BETTER overall. Good thing is that I use iGuidance strictly for PC (with MS TT)
Go to Top of Page

Yafeu

11 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2006 :  00:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
delta901: my c710 is a US version, when i talked to mio tech support he kept telling me 'Miomap 3.2 does not work with the c710' which i believe is BS.. but have you used iGO on your mio? im going to attempt iGuidance if iGO isnt possible.. because destinator is complete garbage.

would a 1GB SD card be sufficent?
Go to Top of Page

criver

5 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2006 :  04:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can generate the map in your PC and copy the map files to your SD card using a card reader.

I agree that iGo or Miomap is bettern in interfaces, map display and point of interest. But on the road, I think iGuidance computes a better route and gives better instructions in general.

When stopping at an intersection, mio often thinks I have passed it while iGuidance always makes correct predictions. Also, on my today's trip, mio routes me off a major highway to a secondary highway and then sends me back, which I think is unnecessary. But iGuidance never did that to me.

quote:
Originally posted by delta901

I installed iGuidance V3.0.1 using the guide posted above.

The process is SUPER SLOW (due to USB 1.1). I installed it on the card w/o any issue.

However, iGo is MUCH BETTER overall. Good thing is that I use iGuidance strictly for PC (with MS TT)

Go to Top of Page

b0ndboy

7 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2006 :  04:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got iGuidance installed thanks to the instructions posted by greendeal. However, I have some issues with it, and those of you who have it install, maybe you can shed some light.

1. How did you get voices to work?

2. There's the annoying toolbar (File, View, Tools) at the bottom, that partially covers the street name. While driving, it would disappear, but every time I'm stopped, the bar would pop up again. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help, guys!
Go to Top of Page

Yafeu

11 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2006 :  05:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i went ahead and installed miomap 3.2 and it runs fine, but its upside on my screen now.. so all the buttons are positioned wrong!

anyone able to help? i have a c710 US version.
Go to Top of Page

delta901

33 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2006 :  09:08:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by b0ndboy

I got iGuidance installed thanks to the instructions posted by greendeal. However, I have some issues with it, and those of you who have it install, maybe you can shed some light.

1. How did you get voices to work?

2. There's the annoying toolbar (File, View, Tools) at the bottom, that partially covers the street name. While driving, it would disappear, but every time I'm stopped, the bar would pop up again. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help, guys!

1. I installed the whole thing w/o problems and the voice just work, no need to do anything.

2. You beat me to that! I was just about to report the same problem.

I wish someone can combine iGo's features with iGuidance's accuracy! Best of both world.
Go to Top of Page

Jnetty99

17 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2006 :  20:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could someone answer the following for me.

Does the Mio C310x have to be hacked/unlocked first before trying Iguidance? I followed the instructions of placing the Iguidance software, maps, and .dll's in the SD card. I then placed the SD card in the Mio and even soft reset, but how do I access the software?

Go to Top of Page

delta901

33 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2006 :  21:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to hack to WinCE desktop to use any other softwares.

Edited by - delta901 on 03 déc. 2006 21:36:13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05