Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Rsultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: ()
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 Invion / SupportPlus GPS - 4" AIO with Cosmic Nav
 New Topic  Reply/Rpondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 138

marcrobson

5 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  03:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The contents of the entire default SD card are about 1.7 gigabytes, can't think of anywhere it could be uploaded, let alone the time it would take to upload it. Contact invion maybe?

I could setup my PC as an FTP server (I already have an internet domain pointed to it)...

Any other ideas why the reset button would fail?

I have emailed Invion. No word from them yet. Since I have not heard of the company before, I am worried that their customer service might not be that great, so I did not want to sit and wait for them to answer.

Would anyone be willing to upload to my FTP site?

Also, the Windows directory has 304 files in it. and the ResidentFlash\SH Player directory has 36 files, so possibly I do not need the entire SD card.

The other folders seem to be empty.

TIA,
Marc

Edited by - marcrobson on 11 dc. 2006 03:43:08
Go to Top of Page

ai_stranger

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  06:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcrobson

Also, the Windows directory has 304 files in it. and the ResidentFlash\SH Player directory has 36 files, so possibly I do not need the entire SD card.

Windows is in ROM. It cannot be easily erased, shplayer is in internal memory - not on the card either.

I have uploaded that Alturion software (actually, contents of SD card) without maps and MP4 ads:
http://rapidshare.com/files/6981424/invion3.zip.html
Just extract the archive on the card. Also make sure the card is not dead.
Go to Top of Page

vts

28 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  06:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Small update on the flash shell (ROM update). From my understanding, the NK.nb0 in the package is the actual OS kernel. Apparently, users of other PDA's have developed some utilities to dump the ROM contents using some winCE utilities into the SD card. Then you have to hexedit the changes into the ROM image, and finally reflash it to the ROM using the MP3+Power hack. I guess eartag53 and other members did the same for the GPS.

I found that Shinco (the OEM for the GPS) actually has a ROM update for some other GPS models they manufacture. Although I could not find the ROM update package itself since all the info is in chinese, there was an information page which listed all the files that are included in our flashshell.rar (chain.nb0, DRIVERS.nb0, NK.nb0. TinyNk.nb0, config.ini) PLUS an additonal file called shboot.bin. You can search "shinco nk.nb0" on google and the first hit is that page.

I guess that the current versions of bootloader in the GPS want that shboot.bin on the SD card to upload the firmware?

If eartag53 or one of the original persons who hacked the french version of the GPS could guide us as to how they hacked their ROM, I can try doing the same with the US versions (BTW, I have the 3.5" Staples invion version). I am willing to try the procedure with my GPS.

I really appreciate the help and support from the gpspassion members.

Thank you,
Regards
-v

Edited by - vts on 11 dc. 2006 06:58:31
Go to Top of Page

eartag53

France
187 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  07:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all,

We did not hack the Flashell. One of us recieved it from french gps support and www permitted us to have some copies of it.

I just came back from WE, will anwer some things this evening or a bit later.

GPS Support+ 4" V21 personalis - Skin bibibig - Soft 5" que je n'utilise plus.
Nav BMW
Radars GPS Passion - Astuces "personnalisation"
Garmin_Etrex_Summit
Go to Top of Page

gsvcc99

13 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  09:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can help you translate Chinese into English. Let me know if you need this help.

quote:
Originally posted by vts

Small update on the flash shell (ROM update). From my understanding, the NK.nb0 in the package is the actual OS kernel. Apparently, users of other PDA's have developed some utilities to dump the ROM contents using some winCE utilities into the SD card. Then you have to hexedit the changes into the ROM image, and finally reflash it to the ROM using the MP3+Power hack. I guess eartag53 and other members did the same for the GPS.

I found that Shinco (the OEM for the GPS) actually has a ROM update for some other GPS models they manufacture. Although I could not find the ROM update package itself since all the info is in chinese, there was an information page which listed all the files that are included in our flashshell.rar (chain.nb0, DRIVERS.nb0, NK.nb0. TinyNk.nb0, config.ini) PLUS an additonal file called shboot.bin. You can search "shinco nk.nb0" on google and the first hit is that page.

I guess that the current versions of bootloader in the GPS want that shboot.bin on the SD card to upload the firmware?

If eartag53 or one of the original persons who hacked the french version of the GPS could guide us as to how they hacked their ROM, I can try doing the same with the US versions (BTW, I have the 3.5" Staples invion version). I am willing to try the procedure with my GPS.

Thank you,
Regards
-v

Edited by - gsvcc99 on 11 dc. 2006 09:25:34
Go to Top of Page

gsvcc99

13 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  09:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This page is for the update of GM-701C, which mentions 6 files to be flashed into system ROM: chain.nb0 CDRIVERS.nb0 CNK.nb0 CTinyNk.nb0 Cconfig.ini CSHBOOT.BIN
http://www.shinco.com/main/websetup.php?class=web&name=gm-701c

This page is for the update of GM-400C, which I believe is the 4" InVion version, and only 5 files are needed to update the system: chain.nb0 CDRIVERS.nb0 CNK.nb0 CTinyNk.nb0 Cconfig.ini (The C indicates Chinese version I guess)
http://www.shinco.com/main/websetup.php?class=web&name=gm-400c

It specifies that SD card must be in FAT32 format and to update the system (ROM I believe), the files need to be put into the SD root.

To update the GM-400C, it does require to push down Power button and MP3 buton simultaneously until the charging light is on (orange). If this light is not on, then it's a failure. Also, during this whole update for the GM-400C, there will be no other indicator to show the progress other than a blue screen (however, it seems there are some screen prompts in updating the GM-700C). After 4 to 5 minutes, the green light will be on indicating the updating is completed (however, the illustration Pic09 doesn't show a green light).

After the update, press the Reset to restore the system then press the Power button to start the unit.

The second part in this GM-400C page is about the software update and I guess it's non relevant. However, this part includes update of Navi software and GPS software (apparently there is also the Shinco Player). I can understand the Navi SW, yet what is exactly this GPS software? I guess it's the GPS chip driver.

The US InVion 3.5 version looks like the GM-350C. There has been an update to this unit recently from what I read on their website, however, it seems they stopped making available the update files to public, which they previously did, and all updates have to be performed in their service center.

Guys, I guess I can contact the OEM manufacturer in China based on the phone number in the webpage to get the update files for the 3.5" InVion if this 4" one doesn't really work. Though they may not be able to release the files, it doesn't hurt to try .

quote:
Originally posted by vts

Thank you,
Regards
-v

Edited by - gsvcc99 on 11 dc. 2006 14:05:09
Go to Top of Page

vts

28 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  12:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thank you eartag53 and gsvcc99! I guess that if we can lay our hands on the updated firmware for the GM-350C, we should be set for more features and future hacks.

Can you try to get the GM-350C firmware from the company or other shinco forums, gsvcc99? Also, is the 4" firmware available for download? I could not find link on that page, but that may be because I do not understand much on that page :)

Regards
-v
Go to Top of Page

eartag53

France
187 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  13:24:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VTS "that may be because I do not understand much on that page"

I agree with this.

As far as I can understand Chinese (I'm joking) calibration of the screen can be useful.
But what do they mean with "ͼ11

1¿վ¿FTP¿GM-400Cļ--GM-400CData1.20.zipĵϣĵϽѹٿSDĸĿ¼£ͼ14SDĿ¼ͼ12Ŀ¼ShNaviļеݣͼ13(Ŀ¼ShPlayerļе)
w" ?

gsvcc99 : What are the functions of the reset button ?

Thanks

GPS Support+ 4" V21 personalis - Skin bibibig - Soft 5" que je n'utilise plus.
Nav BMW
Radars GPS Passion - Astuces "personnalisation"
Garmin_Etrex_Summit
Go to Top of Page

gsvcc99

13 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  14:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't find the 4" version upgrade either on their website. As I mentioned, with the most recent upgrade (Nov. 11) they decided not to make the upgrade publicly available and users must go to their service centers to get it done by their technicians.

I found a user forum hosted on Shinco's website and there are a lot local users exchanging all kind of infirmation. It is rumored there will be a major upgrade around Dec 15 for all the models and the upgrade would be available online. I will track the progress and see if it's true. Otherwise, I will call them trying to get the most recent upgrade (Nov 11, version). One thing I am worrying is that the C version may not be the same as the version in the US or Europe. If that's the case, I will see if I can talk them into offering the overseas version. Just keep my finger crossed.

quote:
Originally posted by vts

Thank you eartag53 and gsvcc99! I guess that if we can lay our hands on the updated firmware for the GM-350C, we should be set for more features and future hacks.

Can you try to get the GM-350C firmware from the company or other shinco forums, gsvcc99? Also, is the 4" firmware available for download? I could not find link on that page, but that may be because I do not understand much on that page :)

Regards
-v

Edited by - gsvcc99 on 11 dc. 2006 14:34:50
Go to Top of Page

gsvcc99

13 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  14:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ͼ11 means Pic 11.

Pic 11 tells that after flash the upgrade, we need to press the reset, and then/or maybe in the same time, press the Power button. The system is now in normal working condition. And next we can do the application upgrade (Navi SW and GPS SW). I have explained this in my previous post.

The Chinese you copied here actually describes the first step of application upgrade:
" II Application Upgrade
1. Please download to your computer from Shinco website the new navigation software of Shinco GM-400C: GM-400CData1.20.zip. First unzip the archive, then copy the files to your SD root (Pic 14 shows the SD root. Pic 12 shows the folder of ShNavi under SD root. And Pic 13 shows the folder of ShPlayer under SD root).

quote:
Originally posted by eartag53

VTS "that may be because I do not understand much on that page"

I agree with this.

As far as I can understand Chinese (I'm joking) calibration of the screen can be useful.
But what do they mean with "ͼ11

1¿վ¿FTP¿GM-400Cļ--GM-400CData1.20.zipĵϣĵϽѹٿSDĸĿ¼£ͼ14SDĿ¼ͼ12Ŀ¼ShNaviļеݣͼ13(Ŀ¼ShPlayerļе)
w" ?

gsvcc99 : What are the functions of the reset button ?

Thanks

Edited by - gsvcc99 on 11 dc. 2006 14:36:29
Go to Top of Page

accumulator

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  18:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ai_stranger

I just started tomtom 6.0.2 successfully on my 3.5" invion.
Before starting put regedit and utility for entering into "test mode" WinCE on SD card.
Instructions from scratch:
1) Edit 2 tomtom cab files (tt2003.cab and gps.cab), deleting setup.dll and allowing installation on any platform using any CAB manager software.
2) Install those 2 cabs on device (from test mode, of course).
3) Now move \Program Files\Navigator folder to \SDMMC DISK.
4) Put the map in the root of SD card. Folder should be named like <country>-map, eg. USA-map.
5) Start regedit. Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Explorer\Shell Folders\My Documents value from \My Documents to \SDMMC DISK.
6) Execute ReleaseGPS.exe from root of SD card (GPS won't be detected otherwise!).
6) Start tom tom navigator from where you moved it in step 3.
7) GPS settings: baud 38400, COM1.
8) Enjoy it!

OK, these are excellent step-by-step instructions... what is not excellent is that I can't follow them. Sorry to be a bit clueless - really, I'm much better with Apple computers - but I'm having problems with two steps...
Step 2: I looked at the CAB files and they open using winRAR; I'm not clear on how to "allow installation" on any computer.
Step 6: I've searched and cannot find a "Release GPS" program anywhere - where ought it to be? How did it get there?
Go to Top of Page

marcrobson

5 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  19:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted yesterday concerning a dead sd card for an Invion GPS-3V1.

spoke with Staples and they have credited my account for the purchase, are sending UPS to pick up the defective unit and sending a replacement. They will re-charge my credit card when the replacement ships.

There was a $100 rebate for purchases on cyber Monday only. I would have no longer been eligible. They put me on hold, discussed things and decided the easiest solution was to send me a $100 gift card. I dont shop enough at Staples to justify that, so they put me on hold again and then came back and said they were going to send a $100 credit to my credit card.

Wow, that was easy. I scoff at their commercials with the Easy button, but it really was painless. I encourage anyone else with a dead sd card to contact Staples and they will take care of it.

Thanks to those of you willing to assist me with recovering my sd-card - this forum is really helpful.

Marc Robson

Edited by - marcrobson on 11 dc. 2006 19:07:10
Go to Top of Page

NiGHTS

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 11 dc. 2006 :  21:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by accumulator

quote:
Originally posted by ai_stranger

I just started tomtom 6.0.2 successfully on my 3.5" invion.
Before starting put regedit and utility for entering into "test mode" WinCE on SD card.
Instructions from scratch:
1) Edit 2 tomtom cab files (tt2003.cab and gps.cab), deleting setup.dll and allowing installation on any platform using any CAB manager software.
2) Install those 2 cabs on device (from test mode, of course).
3) Now move \Program Files\Navigator folder to \SDMMC DISK.
4) Put the map in the root of SD card. Folder should be named like <country>-map, eg. USA-map.
5) Start regedit. Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Explorer\Shell Folders\My Documents value from \My Documents to \SDMMC DISK.
6) Execute ReleaseGPS.exe from root of SD card (GPS won't be detected otherwise!).
6) Start tom tom navigator from where you moved it in step 3.
7) GPS settings: baud 38400, COM1.
8) Enjoy it!

OK, these are excellent step-by-step instructions... what is not excellent is that I can't follow them. Sorry to be a bit clueless - really, I'm much better with Apple computers - but I'm having problems with two steps...
Step 2: I looked at the CAB files and they open using winRAR; I'm not clear on how to "allow installation" on any computer.
Step 6: I've searched and cannot find a "Release GPS" program anywhere - where ought it to be? How did it get there?

Hello,
you can open the CAB files with a utility like WinCE CAB Manager http://www.ocpsoftware.com/ to extract the TomTom files and maps. If your gps unit comes with the Alturion navigation software, you will find ReleaseGPS.exe on the SD card.

Edited by - NiGHTS on 11 dc. 2006 21:17:54
Go to Top of Page

pakciksengkek

17 Posts

Posted - 12 dc. 2006 :  04:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Are all Invion bought in US have 3 years of free map upgrade/update?
Or is it just for the 4" fom Walgreens?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304158&navAction=jump&navCount=5&id=prod2855100

FEATURES

* SD card reader
* 4 TFT Touch Screen, 480*272 RGB
* Preloaded 2GB SD Card with full maps of the USA and Canada
* CPU: arm926/400MHz
* Player MP3 file via OS memory
* Build-in Lithium-on Battery last 3 hours
* Map: from Navteq
* Sirf III chipset
* 64MB OS memory
* Download FREE map upgrades once a year for up to 3 years
* Dimensions: 5.2" x 7.3" x 2.5"

ACCESSORIES INCLUDED

* 12V Car Adaptor
* 110-240V AC Adaptor
* Advanced Windshield Mounting Bracket
* USB Cable
* Stylus

SPECIFICATIONS

* Display Screen: 4" 16:9 Wide LCD Screen, 480 x 272 RGB
* CPU: ARM 400 MHz
* GPS: SIRF III High Sensitivity Receiver
* Battery: Built-in Lithium ion battery, 3.7V 2100mAh
* Power Supply: DC-5V 2A
* Preloaded 2GB SD Card with full maps of the USA and Canada
Go to Top of Page

accumulator

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12 dc. 2006 :  16:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NiGHTS

you can open the CAB files with a utility like WinCE CAB Manager http://www.ocpsoftware.com/ to extract the TomTom files and maps. If your gps unit comes with the Alturion navigation software, you will find ReleaseGPS.exe on the SD card.
[/size=2]

Grazie mille. I hadn't thought to look on the SD card that had the Alturion software to find the ReleaseGPS program. I did manage to get TomTom installed and running, (and it found the GPS, no problem) but it's not finding the North America maps; I'm going to have to look carefully at the directory structure. I think that those maps are nested one level too deep - it looked odd when I installed it. Many thanks again for everyone's assistance.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 138 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Rpondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05