Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 *** READ ME FIRST - INDEX/FAQ ***
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Team GpsPasSion

165 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2006 :  20:38:37  Show Profile  Visit Team GpsPasSion's Homepage  Reply with Quote

NEW : direct URL : www.mionav.com

Welcome to the new Mio All In One (AIO) Forums. As with other dedicated forums on this site, they were set up because users of these navigation systems "outgrew" the general forums. Recent and reference threads have been moved here, but if you see some that are missing, please point them out below. Here's a handy index. Enjoy!

Forum "etiquette" request:

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THE MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TO. INSTEAD, USE THE REPLY BOX AT BOTTOM OF PAGE. OUR SERVER SAYS THANKS.

BEFORE POSTING A NEW TOPIC/QUESTION, PLEASE SEARCH FOR EXISTING TOPICS ON THE SAME SUBJECT AND JOIN THE CONVERSATION THERE. OUR MODERATORS SAY THANKS.

DO NOT POST THE SAME MESSAGE/QUESTION SEVERAL TIMES. IF YOU THINK YOUR QUESTION HAS BEEN OVERLOOKED, POST A "BUMP" MESSAGE AFTER NO LESS THAN 24 HOURS

IF YOU MUST START A NEW TOPIC, PLEASE MAKE YOUR TITLE DESCRIPTIVE OF YOUR ISSUE - GENERAL PLEAS LIKE "NEED HELP" OR "Cxxx QUESTION" ARE NOT EASILY SEARCHABLE AND GENERALLY DON'T GET ANSWERED IN A HURRY.

Most people understand that these forums are a place to bounce experiences and questions off of others, but some seem to think it is a hotline to get immediate answers to your questions. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. Neither is it the place to ask for complete instructions on how to do something ("...I just got my Cxxx, how do I...?"). Look for the appropriate topic, search the listings, THEN post your question there. Hint - it's much easier for a Moderator to delete a topic rather than move it...

IMPORTANT NOTE: Forum policy is that discussion of file or map swapping ("...I need a map of Canada, anyone wanna trade xxx...") is not allowed. For files which can be publicly downloaded from an authorized manufacturer's web site, discussion of ways to modify those files (other than for purposes of theft) is allowed, but it is the responsibility of each member of the forum to avoid violating any terms of use or licenses.

Similarly, posting of direct links to "crack" files, methods for finding same (such as "use Google and search for keyword xxxx ...") for bypassing license restrictions on maps or other any other software, or even offers such as "PM me and I'll send you a link" are strictly disallowed. And just to clear up a term we use frequently here - "unlocking" - that does not mean allowing other maps to be used. A "locked" map means you don't have a license for it. An "unlocked" Mio PNA is one that allows you access to the core operating system (WinCE) through a sequence of keypresses or boot-up files, and will not allow you to run other Teleatlas-based maps with the existing software that are not officially licensed. See the "general topics" below for links to unlocking FAQ's. Unlocking may allow you to install other PNA/PND systems (e.g. TomTom, iGo, etc.) and we do have threads on doing that, but don't even think about asking anyone where to find cracked copies.

If in doubt what you should or should not do, ask a Moderator. Thank you.

Update 26 November 2007 - Private Messages (PM's, a.k.a. emails between members using the "click to email" link in the Member profile) have been restricted due to abuse by Forum members. If it's legal, you can post it for all to see. If it isn't, don't bother.

Posting Tips and Tricks

You can always post a link directly simply by copying or pasting, but if the link is excessively long it can cause the message to overflow the monitor screen and make reading it a pain. Here's the way the "pro's" do to reference the link in a word or two:

In what follows, I'm going to use the { and } brackets so that you can see the syntax. When doing it "for real", you will use the [ and ] brackets.

(1) Copy your link in the usual way (highlight, CTRL-C in Windows).
(2) Type the following: {url="
(3) Paste your link
(4) Immediately after your pasted link, type: "}
(5) Immediately after the bracket, type the word or words you want to be the "clickable" link
(6) After the last word in the link, type: {/url}.
(7) Preview your reply to make sure you've got it right

So for example, a full link to say, Google, would look like {url="http://www.google.com"}Google{/url} , except that when I replace the "squiggly" brackets with square brackets, it becomes Google.

Search Engine Tips & Tricks

At the top of each page of the Forum is what suspiciously looks like a Google toolbar, with the word "rechercher" after it. Roughly translated, this means "search". Enter a keyword (or words) for your question and look for a topic that might address it. After you've found a topic, and easy way to search the entire topic is to click on "printer friendly". A new instance of your browser will pop up with the entire topic listed- you can now do a simple \edit\find to zero in on your answer (thanks to Space for this very helpful hint).

The Mionav Index

Here's an index of various topics concerning the Mio AIOs and on how to use the Forums:
  • In the news
    • Mio partner with ATX for connected GPS - details
    • Mio Moov GPS with Navman and SIFv2 - details
    • MioMap 2008 with 3D Maps on the C620/620T - details
    • Mio C520t - Slim "HD" GPS with split screen - reviewed
    • Mio C520 - "HD" GPS with split screen - details
    • "DC Fix" for Mio C310 - link
    • Mio C310x : "Black Friday" Star - link
    • MioMap v3 coming to more devices - link

• Forums

• Put yourself on the map - here
    • Share your Pictures/Screen Captures - here

• General Topics

• Mio 720t with Camera [TOPIC] - here
    • Mio C320/C520t [TOPIC] - here
    • and unlocking efforts here.
    • Mio C220 discussion and mods [TOPIC] - here
    • and here.
    • Unlocking the C220 (preliminary) here and remainder of topic.

• Mio 310x [TOPIC] - here

• C310x July 2007 Upgrade issues - check this link followed by this link and see if that get's you going.
    • "Unlocked" Mio 310x miniFAQ - here and comparing various unlocking methods : here

Also see the "2-button Unlocking" (C310x) section in the Mini-FAQ link for a more complete newbie explanation and a quick-and-dirty method to see what it's all about...

• Mio H610 [TOPIC] and Review - here

• iGo USA 2006 Review (MioMap OEM software) - here

• Mio C310x Maps : Problems, Updates -> here - Adding European maps -> here

• TMC in the USA - here

• Let's see your Mio ! - here

• Tips and Tricks - FAQ

• How long for a GPS Fix (finding postion) - general information
    • and another excellent explanation here

• Adding POIs to your MioMap v3.2 AIO - here

• "Customizing" your MioMap v3.2 AIO (other than H610) - here

• "Customizing" the Mio H610 - here

• "Customizing" your Mio 268/269 AIO - here

• Compatible Software List with for Customized AIOs - here

• "Off-Road" use (boating, hiking) - here

• Playing Videos on your Mio AIO - here

• Guide to install movie player - here

• "Skinning" your MioMap v 3.2 AIO - here
    • and a relatively complete "index" of skins here

• Adding a Female voice for prompts to MioMap v3.2 - here

• Step by Step guide to add voices to C310x - here

• Is the C310x SDIO/WiFi compatible ? - here

• Adding contacts to Mio C310x (MioMap v3.2) - here

• Bugs/Wishlist
    Mio C310x "Bugs" - here

• Firmware Upgrades
    • N/A
    For the C310x, if you're feeling adventurous, see this topic for the latest info.

• Other sites

UPDATED 20080123

Team GpsPasSion

Edited by - Supremo on 27 nov. 2007 03:07:33

Ads

garygid

USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 26 déc. 2006 :  19:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I doing something wrong, or does the Search only allow
searches of the Topic Subject/titles?

It seems like I can never find much with a search, often
because the titles to the topics rarely do a good job of
describing what actually gets discussed.

Thanks a bunch, Gary
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2006 :  01:23:37  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OT here, but yes, word searches generally yield poor results and max out the server, if you don't find what you're looking for the first time, try another word, I spend a lot of time fixing the titles to make them meaningful. If you have an example of what you're not finding let me know.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

garygid

USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2007 :  04:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are looking at a Topic, and what to highlight (in Yellow)
all occurances of some term, like "WINCE", then add the following
"&SearchTerms=,WINCE" (without the quotes) to the URL address.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2008 :  23:30:43  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Index updated, latest news, ATX connected GPS and Mio Moov range

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

imigmb

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2010 :  06:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I inadvertently created a new topic "Miopocket 3.0" sorry new to your forum Ive posted the message in the correct topic, I think, feel free to delete this topic.

Thanks
Michael Bennett

Navman MY50T Miopocket 3 (56)
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2010 :  10:00:38  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No worries, thanks for pointing it out, topic deleted.

Go to Top of Page

srelioskoz

Greece
180 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2010 :  05:13:18  Show Profile  Visit srelioskoz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
where i must create a new topic for:
unlock mio moov s505?
i have the solution for this aplication
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2010 :  17:15:12  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just use the existing Spirit unlocking topic and we'll add a link to your method in the first message.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05