Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2785

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 Compatible Software List for Customized AIOs
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

roy_hu

10 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2006 :  20:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I've downloaded many applications designed for Pocket PC, but most of them don't run on Mio.

How can I figure out the requirements of an application?
What are the differences between Windows Mobile, Pocket PC 2002, Pocket PC 2003, and Windows CE 4.0 on which Mio runs?

Thanks...

...I figured it out. It seems I need app for HPC(Handheld PC) instead of PPC..

Ads

gpspassion

94635 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2006 :  21:22:15  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, HPC versions will normally all work. You can often get PocketPC apps running too by adding the required dll's. You can open the .exe of the app with a HEX editor and look for the xxx.dll files or you can also offload a pack of dll's in the \windows\ directory and see if it helps.

Xania's dll pack - download

We had listed a ton of WinCE compatible apps >> HERE << in the FRA forums, if anyone is game for maintaining a list, in the first message of this thread.

Some nice utilities >> HERE << - task switching, picture viewing, window resizing, etc...

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

roy_hu

10 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2006 :  23:12:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, that helps a lot!
Go to Top of Page

gpsguy

8 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2006 :  05:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of listed cmpatible WinCE applications are in French. Can we get and english translation
Go to Top of Page

mad212

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01 déc. 2006 :  17:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a bad ass game i have on my zodiac so i decided to give it a try on the mio and it works just fine!!

http://www.redshift.hu/

Steps:

1. Download
2. Install Program
3. Download Screenrotate.exe program
4. Rotate screen first
5. Start up, then in settings you can choose landscape or whatever u like.
6. Click on your players icon
7. Click on the green disk icon on the left to get to the main page and then settings.
8. I selected left hand landscape, and it works just fine, but u can leave it at portrait.
9. Enjoy and purchase!!

I have played thru the first game they released, there a small company it looks like, but they have great service and the games are awesome.

I hope everybody enjoys this game as much as i did.

regards,
ryan

modding everything i possible can!
Go to Top of Page

slicknick

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07 déc. 2006 :  08:17:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slingplayer mobile... I was wondering has anyone thought about installing Slingplayer on this mio. I got the program installed but it wont run saying application not designed for Windows CE. I even tried looking into any missing .dll but could not figure it out. I'mI hav a Sandisk Wireless SD card that can be plugged into mio. If the wireless works it would be great to have slingplayer on this. Any thoughts..
Go to Top of Page

GADeputy

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2006 :  18:19:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone here been able to get Quake to work on a C310x? I was searching the web and found this:
http://www.wincesoft.de/html/quake_for_hpc_s.html
According to the site GAPI is needed and the C310x is on the list of supported HPC devices.

This brings up another question. What games have people here successfully got to work on your Mio?
Go to Top of Page

Space

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2006 :  09:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GADeputy

Has anyone here been able to get Quake to work on a C310x? I was searching the web and found this:
http://www.wincesoft.de/html/quake_for_hpc_s.html
According to the site GAPI is needed and the C310x is on the list of supported HPC devices.

This brings up another question. What games have people here successfully got to work on your Mio?

I was able to get the SNES emulator (with Morphgear) also mentioned on that site to work on the C310x, sort-of.

It seems to run OK, but it looks like the screen is too small to display everything, plus once you get in to the config screens you can't get back out (I assume because the button you need to press is off the bottom of the screen).

The controls use an on-screen game pad which doesn't really fit on the screen. You may be able to assign the hardware buttons to some of the controls, but you can't do that without being able to exit the config screens.

It has no sound, but I saw the sound was turned off on the config screen (not sure if I was able to turn it on if it would work or not).

Other than that, it appears to run the one game I tried fine (Super Punch Out). But I lost to Gaby Jay, how embarrassing (it was the controls, honest!).

>UPDATE<

I found a utility called WinWatch, that resizes windows that are too big. I ran that in the background and I was able to then reach the config screens OK button (it is on the top).

So I enabled sound, and I am here now playing Super Punch Out on my Mio C310x with sound (it actually plays very well). The controls still don't quite work (I can only give body blows with my left hand, using the on-screen touch-screen controls), but I was able to map the buttons to some of the controls (not that three buttons is enough).
I guess it is more of a novelty then anything else, although I suppose you can play some of the games with such limited controls.

This program also supports gameboy, but I haven't tried that.

Edited by - Space on 20 déc. 2006 10:33:41
Go to Top of Page

PostDeals

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2006 :  03:16:27  Show Profile  Visit PostDeals's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about a utility to sync contacts and speed camera for the MIO 310X. What format does it support for speed cam?
Go to Top of Page

Blue2swing

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2007 :  04:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
it appears to run the one game I tried fine (Super Punch Out). But I lost to Gaby Jay, how embarrassing (it was the controls, honest!).

!!!LOL!!!
Go to Top of Page

Blue2swing

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2007 :  05:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Space. Had a hell of a time finding this through yahoo only to be sent back to GPS passion where it was linked to another post. So I decided to link it here for people who might want to give it a try as well. I haven't tried it out myself, but will do ASAP.

http://damnsoft.org/cgi-bin/ghostgui.cgi?nographics= app=projects section=winwatch

I noticed the link isn't working correctly. So CUT AND PAST to address bar!!
Go to Top of Page

Blue2swing

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2007 :  06:37:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I give up! Space.... How did you get Morphgear to work on your c310x? Can you please write a step-by-step tutorial?? If its not to much to ask for.

-Isaias
Go to Top of Page

GADeputy

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2007 :  06:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still trying to get Quake to work. I can get the main screen to come up but after that it sort of locks up. The screen never changes from the main screen but I can hear the game playing in the background.
I also get the same results from Doom.
On the brighter side I was able to get Wolfenstien 3D to load and work although I have no controls to move around with.
Any help with any of these (especially Quake) would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Space

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2007 :  03:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blue2swing

Ok, I give up! Space.... How did you get Morphgear to work on your c310x? Can you please write a step-by-step tutorial?? If its not to much to ask for.

-Isaias

Sorry...

I did this a while ago, and don't remember the details. I do remember that it required htmlview.dll that I had to google for and put in the same directory as Morphgear.

I don't recall where I found it though, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Blue2swing

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2007 :  05:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm running ExecutabilityCheck on my C310x to see what the deal is. And this is what I'm getting,

So I figured I need to insert htmlview.dll. But do I need to do the same with commctrl.dll?? I'm guessing since I can't find it in the MorphGear folder, or the windows folder, this might be the case. I'll see if I can find these somewhere in the web and try them out.
Go to Top of Page

Blue2swing

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2007 :  06:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AWSOME!!! That was it. Thanks Space for pointing me in the right direction. I just installed Commctrl.dll and htmlview.dll into the MorphGear folder and walla!! IT'S ALIVE! By the way, you can find both files here,

htmlview.dll
http://izemize.fw.hu/htmlviewWORKINGpack.zip You will find it in the zipped folder with a couple of other dlls.

commctrl.dll
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?commctrl

And I also found this page that had a bunch of cool stuff,
http://www.freeweb.hu/izemize/hpc.php

Hopefully this is helpfull to people other than just me

>UPDATE<

YEAH!

Edited by - Blue2swing on 04 janv. 2007 07:47:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05