Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2785

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 Adding POIs to the Mio C310x
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

whichway

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2006 :  19:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got the infamous BF Mio C310x at CC for a buck-fitty.
I like it so far, but I'm wondering if there's a free or cheap way to beef-up the POIs. I've already noticed some major brand stores not available, like Wallgreens stores and a local Lowe's that has been open for about a year now. Before anyone craps on my thread, I did a search for 'mio c310 poi' and came up empty. I'm totally willing to do some reading/reasearch if someone could just point me in the right direction. But if someone is up for spoonfeeding me, I'm not too proud.

Ads

gpspassion

94636 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2006 :  19:34:26  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No I don't thing we've discussed it much in the ENG forums yet as iGO/MioMap v3 was not widely available. The software you will need is "POI Explorer Beta".

A Google search brings up...the GpsPasSion FRA forums http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=64967 ;-) It will at least give you an idea of the workflow, feel free to convert it to English ;-)

The program can be downloaded here http://my.pdamill.com/viewtopic.php?t=1888 in the Hungaria forums of PDAMill, direct link : http://inetcom.hu/mick/igo/iGOPOIExplorerBeta.zip

The only downside is the longer startup time.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

whichway

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2006 :  01:25:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
" feel free to convert it to English ;-)"

I wish that I were fluent in other languages. I don't even know enough to butcher the French language. The best I can do is recognize the random French words with English corelating roots. This is before even addressing my very novice status as one attempting to breach the facade of the existing program.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94636 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2006 :  01:29:37  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What I meant is that you can likely figure out the steps from the pictures of that guide and the POI app is in English, so given some time you should be a able to make it and hopefully share your steps, anyway the good news is that can be done ;-)

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

whichway

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2006 :  01:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just reviewing my reply and realized it may have come off a little pouty.
I do appreciate your response and I'll see if I can figure this out in my limited spare time (I'm about to embark on building a new 2-car garage). I haven't tried hacking computers before, so I'll have to tread lightly. I may just have to be patient while someone with more experience forges the way. I don't want to screw up a perfectly funtional GPS unit while attempting to tweek it for more convenience.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94636 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2006 :  02:21:51  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like you're going to be busy ;-) As for the POis, you'll see when you download POI Explorer Beta or look at the screenshots, that adding POIs is just modifying one file, iGo.db (if memory serves), so you really can't go wrong, worst case if your new file is not functional just restore the old one.

Go to Top of Page

thamizhan

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2006 :  21:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do anyone know the English version of the POI explorer to add POI to C310x ?

Magman
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94636 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2006 :  21:43:56  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well the app IS in English, the guide is in French so far, see the links in my first message above.

Go to Top of Page

mesostinky

8 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2006 :  05:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rough Translation via Google for POI Explorer below. I can't wait to start adding POIs to my C310x. Too bad my wife won't let me open my Mio C310x till Christmas. whichway, you should keep track of any speed differences after loading up with POIs. Also I'll write something specific to the C310x once I can open mine, but until then others should feel free to do the same.

ORIG http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=64967

Here the utility until one waited all!

iGO POI Explorer makes it possible to manage the Pea iGO base (and MyGuide iGO and MioMap3) while ensuring of the functions of synchronization (PDA or SEM connected via activesync), restoration and backup.

Attention this is a version beta. In particular the accentuated characters are lost at the time of the Pea importation. It is a problem which I already announced to the developer and which will be corrected soon is corrected. Do not hesitate to make tests and to make go up the problems, that will accelerate the process of development; -)

Functions:

- importation Pea (kml, xml, kmz, gpx, csv, asc, txt)
- pOIs synchro bases PC, device
- export Pea (towards device)
- creation, modification, suppression of categories
- creation, modification, removal of Pea (name, description, co-ordinates, altitude, icon)
- posting of Peas towards google earth
- safeguard tracks
- backup and restoration of the base

For the synchro, there is currently a constraint the base iGO.db must be in the file \ My Documents \ IGO 2006

Synchro with the opening

As of the connection carried out the base igo.db is automatically open.

It should be noted that the drag and drop functions.

One can modify the options of synchronization.

Edition of POI

A mitre which makes it possible to have an outline of all the infos stored for a POI

Posting of a POI (or several) on google earth

Cool to check its Pea collections; -)

Pea importation

Creation of a category (folder)

Save tracks, backup & restore

Go to Top of Page

willie321

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2006 :  01:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brand new here - Thanks for the info. Found this on another site to add POI's It makes sense once you get the hang of it -

"Saving custom POIs

..been enjoying playing around with this MIO for a couple days. For everyone trying to add custom waypoints or points of interest, perhaps this may help. Most of which has already been mentioned in some form before.

The MIO has 2 'favorites' for quick access, most likely to be used for your home location and something else.

Any other points you want to save have to be added to a custom list of 'POIs'

* Create your own group where you'd like to save places. For example, you can make a group called John's places, another for Jane's places, etc etc.
steps:
1.) Access the menu from the map screen. Either in Cockpit view or in Map view there is a soft button for Menu. click it.
2.) There will be 4 soft buttons shown (magnifying glass, gear, road, and a house). Click the gear (settings).
3.) Click 'Manage POI'. here you can set which POIs to show or hide on the map along with manage your custom points.
4.) Click on 'My POI'. This is the area where you can add groups (folders).
5.) Create a new group where you want to store your custom entries by selecting 'NEW' Type a name for the group and press done.
6.) Exit back to the map view.

* Adding Custom entries to your newly created group (above)
You can add places to your group by looking it up by address, something in your history, or just by tapping a location on the map.
1.) Switch to Map mode
2.) Get your cursor to the location you want to add. You can do this by going to Menu (on screen) and using the address or just clicking anywhere on the screen.
3.) You will see the bottom menu pop up. click on 'Add POI'
4.) Type in a name for the location. Press done.
5.) Now you can assign a different Icon or assign a different group (if you have multiple groups defined). The group to which the current POI is assigned is shown right above the Icon button.
6.) Now the POI is saved.

* Bringing up a previously saved POI
Access the POI button then go to 'My POI', then the group you want to look in. you can sort by distance or names"

Good Luck
Go to Top of Page

dervari

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2006 :  04:32:35  Show Profile  Visit dervari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just used Google Earth to map out all the Sporting Clays courses in GA. It worked great! I saved to a .kml file.

I used the hacked Mio Transfer to pull the iGO.db file from the unit and imported it into the POI Explorer. I then imported the .kml file. I did a little folder moving/renaming and then exported back to iGO.db and transferred it back to the unit. Voila!
Go to Top of Page

dervari

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2006 :  05:27:07  Show Profile  Visit dervari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just found what appears to be a bug in POI Explorer. I saved the project as a .kml project file. When I went to reload it, everything that I had imported from Google Earch showed 0s for the Lat/Long. Imports from a .CSV load back up fine. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Edited by - dervari on 29 nov. 2006 05:29:53
Go to Top of Page

thamizhan

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2006 :  16:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I downloaded the http://inetcom.hu/mick/igo/iGOPOIExplorerBeta.zip and when tried to install installing from my PC it says "Setup requires .NET Framework version 2.0.50727"

What does this mean ?

I thought this will be a simple install to my new MIO C310x, so that I can add my POI database.

Guidence please.

Magman
Go to Top of Page

lexluthor

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2006 :  16:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to install Microsoft .NET on your PC.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa731542.aspx

You might be able to do it through Windows Update as well.

The POIExplorer isn't being installed FROM your PC, it's being installed ON your PC.

Go to Top of Page

thamizhan

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2006 :  16:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick response and information.

Magman
Go to Top of Page

dervari

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2006 :  16:49:30  Show Profile  Visit dervari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know of an email to report a bug in iGO POI Explorer?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05