Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2797

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Uploaded Nuvi 660 Symbol Files
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stephenr

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  03:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to share a file I created for my Nuvi 660. It is a PDF reference file showing all the symbols for favorites and their descriptions. I have uploaded files for another gpspassion forum and was wondering if it is ok to do the same in this forum.

Stephen R.

Edited by - danham on 19 nov. 2006 17:39:28

Ads

gpspassion

94646 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  03:40:30  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't be a problem, thanks. You could also link to the place were you dscussed that file.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

stephenr

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  04:01:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the link to the file I created.

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/nuvi660symbols.pdf

Stephen R.
Go to Top of Page

stephenr

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  06:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed the listing had more symbols than what the 660 actually allows you to select. I found this listing while using EasyGPS software (edit waypoint dialog box).

I added a 2nd sheet for reference and also a list of which symbols are not available for selection (system software v2.00).

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/nuvi660symbolsv2.pdf

Stephen R.
Go to Top of Page

ssandhaus

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  23:11:35  Show Profile  Visit ssandhaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting this. I was curious as to what some of the icons were intended to represent.

Sandy

Nuvi 1690 (350 & 660 previously)
Other: MacBook Pro OSX 10.6, Audi S4 Quattro
Go to Top of Page

Simon Slavin

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2006 :  00:56:09  Show Profile  Visit Simon Slavin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephenr

I noticed the listing had more symbols than what the 660 actually allows you to select. I found this listing while using EasyGPS software (edit waypoint dialog box).

I added a 2nd sheet for reference and also a list of which symbols are not available for selection (system software v2.00).

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/nuvi660symbolsv2.pdf

The symbol on the second page you called '??', like a diagonal white bridge symbol, is called 'Crossing' in GPX format. It may or may not be the same symbol as the one you numbered 44 in the first page. There are some cases where two different organisations used different symbols.
Go to Top of Page

stephenr

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2006 :  15:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon.

Stephen R.
Go to Top of Page

In2blacktail

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 06 déc. 2006 :  20:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reply Thanks!!

Toyota Tundra! What a feeling!!
Go to Top of Page

Steve Jackson

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  17:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought the 660 and was wondering how to get the symbols on the screen. It just has the streets and highways. No showing of gas stations,resturants,or anything else.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Slavin

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  18:31:40  Show Profile  Visit Simon Slavin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Normally it will only show the symbol for one waypoint -- the one you're looking at right now. You can make it show symbols for all points for the current screen but only by zooming in to the most zoomed level, or one level of zoom up from that. Lots of people have asked for more.

Mac user, programmer, neophile.
Go to Top of Page

Steve Jackson

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  21:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got a response back from Garmim, they said they will only show up in 2d mode not in 3d. They said they would be to many to show. I have seen other GPS that show in 3d mode. I have a old Delphi that showed them. I always drive with it in 3d mode so it would be nice to see objects that are coming up ahead. I don't know if I am going to keep this one.
Go to Top of Page

robotman

17 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2007 :  21:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got my 660 and still learning about it. I see at least some symbols in 3D mode. For example "geocache", "blue flag" (these are in the current.gpx file.)

1) Is there a way to get a list of symbols that show up in 3D mode?
2) Is there more than one place to create custom POI than just the "current.gpx" file?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05