Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2742

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 Customising Loox N100
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 42

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2006 :  18:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can confirm that this works with my Loox N100, i.e. if you download the fixed cab file (http://www.descrambler.de/n100/MN6-update.cab) 686kb ,and transfer it to your memory card then follow 1-2 below.
1-Do a soft reset the modified Navigon update kicks in.
2-After re-booting to the default GUI and Navigon etc do another soft reset, this then reveals the underlying Windows CE core operating system.
You can easily revert back to the default GUI & Navigon by using the "mainpage" icon on the CE desktop. Then a soft reset gets you back to the CE desktop again.

I have installed and am running Memory map 5 OS no problem, (NMEA, COM4:GPS on COM4:, Baud 9600). But I can't get TomTom Navigator 6 to instal at the moment but that is probably down to the fact that this is a CE device as apposed to a PDA, or due to some missing dll files for Windows CE 5.0

Most of my info and instructions come from a german forum as below, but the BabelFish translation is a little poor. I have tried some of the listed dll files (packdll,packocx,packdllxmania)but to no avail.

http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://www.pocketnavigation.de/board/thread.php%3Fthreadid%3D1047813%26threadview%3D0%26hilight%3D%26hilightuser%3D0%26sid%3D69190ee96af6c73dc57c435037e694f3%26page%3D1&prev=/language
You have to highlight all the text from the link above as 2 urls are included, then copy this to your address box in internet explorer..

Lets hope with the start of this new thread that someone will be able to get a working solution to get TomTom 6 to instal.

GpsPasSion Forums rocks.....

Edited by - Gadjet on 11 nov. 2006 19:15:11

Ads

gpspassion

94617 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2006 :  18:23:23  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for starting this thread, Memory Map 6, eh, didn't know it was out ! Need to look into that, especially since MM v5 was very difficult to run on a WinCE devices, frequent lockups event with the proper dll's.

For TomTom you can likely use the method by PSIDoc for his PB-400, provided you have a legal version that is, if not this is off charter here.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2006 :  19:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for that, Oopps you are right Memory Map 5 OS not 6 appologies.

I am now trying out (PSIDoc)PB-400 instructions, will let you know outcome shortly.

Edited by - Gadjet on 11 nov. 2006 19:22:49
Go to Top of Page

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2006 :  20:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No luck I am afraid..
Tried method by PSIDoc for his PB-400, will keep trying different methods..
Go to Top of Page

MoonBear

424 Posts

Posted - 12 nov. 2006 :  15:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a "No installation" method for TT6 on CE 4.2 PNA, at least it worked for Mio C310x.

On your SD card, create a TomTom directory, put data.chk(originally in tomtom directory), TomTom Navigator.exe, Voices directory under it. Put all your map directories under the root directory. These are all you need to run TT6.

Run TomTom Navigator directly, after you've selected language and voice, TTN gives you error message "No Maps Found".

What can you do?

Easy! Use a registry editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
--> EXPLORER
--> SHELL FOLDERS
--> My Document

Change its value to the name of SD card, "\Storage Card", in my case.

Next, TomTom needs to know your GPS device. For C310x, it's
Other NMEA GPS receiver
GPS Baud Rate 4800
GPS serial COM2:

Done!

Edited by - MoonBear on 12 nov. 2006 15:56:00
Go to Top of Page

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 12 nov. 2006 :  20:30:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks MoonBear.
Now all running ok as per your info
Had to look in a different place for the location of the folders in Regeditce (http://nsolan.free.fr/DOWNLOAD/RegEditCe.v1.1.zip), but now works brilliant..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
--> SYSTEM
--> EXPLORER
--> SHELL FOLDERS
--> My Document

Now I have the worlds smallest, lightest and best portable Sat-Nav, for both on and off road...
Many thanks again..:)

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94617 Posts

Posted - 12 nov. 2006 :  20:50:45  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So is Memory-Map v5 running stable out of the box ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 12 nov. 2006 :  21:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

So is Memory-Map v5 running stable out of the box ?

I will test and let you all know shorltly.
Thanks again GpsPasSion Forums
Go to Top of Page

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 16 nov. 2006 :  09:16:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well after testing I love my Loox N100 even more now..
Memory Map OS 5 works a treat (5.0.0 build 608), my GPS signal is aquired in about 15-20 seconds indoors!!, on all my GPS Apps which is alot quicker than my TomTom 910 with its Sirf III chipset.

There are a few quirks however, with the taskbar showing in the Windows CE screeen, when you launch MM5 you are unable to see the Memory Map menu bar! the workaround for this bieng start,settings,taskbar & start menu you then select "Autohide" and press OK button, then the taskbar dissapears to reveal the Memory Map menu that it was hiding. Also when going through some of the screens within MM5, i.e the settings screen there is no OK or accept button, there is another work around - you make your changes in the settings screen, the click on the shortcut at the bottom right of the N100 screen (its takes a bit of practice to find this area at the bottom right hand side of the screen) and select the keyboard to show, you then click the settings screen behind this and hit the enter button on the keyboard!, then select hide input panel after.
Also I have also found that the help section is missing from the instal on the Loox N100, the work around here it open the help section in MM5 OS PC program, and select Pocket Navigator.
I have tested MM5 a few times with no direct problems, I created a new route (overlay,create,route) then drove to work in my car and MM5 logged the route on the map as I was driving.

There are however alot of quirks with overal Windows CE hack resulting in these work arounds, but once you get used to what to press or do the overall experience is still very good.
I have installed on my Loox N100 TomTom Navigator 6.010 (Thanks MoonBear), MemoryMap 5 OS edition (http://www.memory-map.co.uk/maps_uk_onland.htm Britain’s National Parks), Vito Navigator II (1.3 build 121)(http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/products/navigatorii.html) and all work a treat.
Many thanks again GpsPasSion Forums

Edited by - Gadjet on 16 nov. 2006 11:20:13
Go to Top of Page

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 16 nov. 2006 :  09:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P.S. can you make this thread "Sticky" on the GpsPasSion Forums so all can see the Loox N100 customisation..
Go to Top of Page

sebastianjercan

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  10:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
I tried to make all you said here and now I have problems with my LOOX n100. Please help me to solve them. The most important problem is that my computer cannot find anymore my loox n100 usb driver.

Please help.

Thank you

Edited by - sebastianjercan on 19 nov. 2006 10:48:23
Go to Top of Page

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  11:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi sebastianjercan,
Have you got activesync 4.2? if not get it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7269173a-28bf-4cac-a682-58d3233efb4c&DisplayLang=en if you go to the bottom of this page you will see a setup.exe at 6.9mb.
My loox n100 connects with activesync 4.2
Go to Top of Page

sebastianjercan

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  11:50:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Gadjet, I think you are GOD !
Thank you very much.

Another question. Is it any chance to put back the original sofware?

Edited by - sebastianjercan on 19 nov. 2006 11:51:01
Go to Top of Page

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  12:19:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To restore everything back do a hard reset, push the lock button to UP, hold the power button while briefly pressing the reset button, keep power button pressed until you message on screen, then push lock button down to reset everything.
Go to Top of Page

sebastianjercan

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  12:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I made the update to 1.16 too. Thank you very much. You are a very nice guy.
One more question.
I wish to go from Hamburg to Prague and I cannot see the whole route. I receive an error. What should I do?

Edited by - sebastianjercan on 19 nov. 2006 13:53:01
Go to Top of Page

Gadjet

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  14:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again sebastianjercan
You now need a more expert advice in the forum's on Navigon 6 software.
Do a search in the forums for navigon 6 and see what you come up with.
I am using TomTom Navigator 6.01 as my primary navigation software, so am unable to assist with you with your navigon 6 question, sorry
And check out the FAQ on the navigon web site http://www.navigon.com/site/uk/en/service_support/faq_center (english version)
Hope this helps you..:)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 42 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2016_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05