Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 [SINGLE TOPIC] Mio C310x - with MioMap v3.2 (iGO)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22

gpspassion

94640 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2006 :  03:54:49  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
EDITED BY GPSPASSION 20061201

Useful links :
  1. www.mionav.com forums - INDEX/FAQ
  2. Mio 310x page on Mio website - link - MIO FAQ

3. User Manual in PDF format download (thanks Tin man)

4. User review by defeghan - link

5. Adding a map of Canada - download from the official MyGuide website. They also have Alaska and Hawaii. NOTE : other maps are NOT free so downloading them is illegal and discussing them is against forum rules. At this time other maps cannot be purchased for the 310x.

6. Adding POIs - link

7. Adding a female voice for prompts - link

8. "Customizing" (accessing the WinCE shell, Videos, ActiveSync, see details) your Mio C310x - link

9. Map and address lookup problems - link

10. Modifying the Lat/Long format - link

11. Unlocked Mio C310x miniFAQ - link

Original post by Moonbear - Am I the only one that noticed Mio USA has a new C310 - namely C310x. From the feature page (http://www.miogps.com/US/products_c310xfeatures.htm), it looks that C310x has iGo as the new built in Mio Map instead of Destinator. Way to go, Mio!

Now, can someone just tell me, what's the CPU, clock rate, size of Flash ROM and RAM on that C310x? It's odd, they leave them out of the spec.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?

Edited by - MoonBear on 23 oct. 2006 23:52:27

Ads

Morkin

Netherlands
113 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2006 :  17:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks to me like a silver colored C710.

Mio C710 - Miomap v3.2 - 01-03-2007 - unlocked - Mio Transfer hacked / ActiveSync 4.5
Go to Top of Page

sarava18

3 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2006 :  02:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MoonBear, did you finally get the C310x? I've been trying to find some info about this guy but it has been amazingly hard. Would you know if it is possible to load different maps on it?
Go to Top of Page

MoonBear

424 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2006 :  06:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, yes and yes.
1. I got it. The spec is 400 MHz CPU / 2 GB Flash ROM / 64 MB RAM / Win CE .NET 4.2 Core / SiRF III
[EDIT]
2. I can run TT6, too. For detail, please check out my response in http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71114. But honestly, I doubt you want to do that anyway. MioMap is way much more advanced and pretty than TT6.

It has no Canada maps though, I wonder if Mio left it out of their spec on purpose. P550/H610 include Canada maps in their spec. Besides, map data are 2005.2, unlike the European counterparts that are mostly 2006.1 ~ 2006.10. I hope Mio / iGo update North America maps soon.

MioMaps is not perfect yet, but I still prefer it to TT6. Check my other comment in http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71071.

Take a look at what others are doing to their C510/C710 here (and French Forum), there are many things you can do about C310x after you get it.

Edited by - MoonBear on 14 nov. 2006 06:28:48
Go to Top of Page

sarava18

3 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2006 :  21:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, just a while after I posted here, I tried to find the information through Mio. Customer support phone number reached somewhere else, that gave me another number, that nobody answered. Finally I e-mailed to the sales address available at their website, and a gentleman from Mitac answered that "The MIO C310X currently does not support mapping data outside of the US.".
Doesn't he know what he is talking about or did you have to use other means to put the maps onto the unit?
Go to Top of Page

MoonBear

424 Posts

Posted - 15 nov. 2006 :  02:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can find much more information here than Mio Customer Support. Trust me! If you can find here, you should be able to see what the top most topic is about.
Do more digging by yourself. I've already given you enough hints and links.

Edited by - MoonBear on 15 nov. 2006 02:58:11
Go to Top of Page

kroser

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 18 nov. 2006 :  07:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mio support tells me the 310x (not the 310) does have text to speech to speak road names. Can anyone confirm this?
Go to Top of Page

MoonBear

424 Posts

Posted - 18 nov. 2006 :  18:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope. They are talking nonsense. TeleAtlas maps don't have that info yet, AFAIK. But from my experience with MioMap, you don't need to hear the street name from a machine at all. MioMap shows you "left/right/etc. turn", "distance", "distance bar", "road name" on screen, and gives you voice guidance at 0.4 mile, 300 yards, 100 yards, to remind you to make a turn. I don't think you're going to miss even one single turn.

Although MioMap/iGo excels at much more powerful/prettier UI, I can't stress enough that its real voice guiance is also more "in time" than TT6. On state highway, or local road, TT6 would keep silient and just let you watch your road. MioMap will remind you to keep left or right on EVERY such occasion without haveing to worry about going to other freeway by mistake.

What MioMap/iGo sucks ... yes, it does have flaws.... is at highway intersection. It doesn't really know you have to take a certain ramp to make that left turn, for example. It seems to me, TeleAtlas maps don't include that kind of information, at least not in MioMap data. That's the only gripe I have for MioMap/iGo.

Edited by - MoonBear on 19 nov. 2006 00:24:08
Go to Top of Page

chodaboy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 18 nov. 2006 :  20:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MoonBear

Nope. They are talking nonsense. TeleAtlas maps don't have that info yet, AFAIK. But from my experience with MioMap, you don't need to hear the street name from a machine at all. MioMap shows you "left/right/etc. turn", "distance", "distance bar", "road name" on screen, and gives you voice guidance at 0.4 mile, 300 feet, 100 feet, to remind you to make a turn. I don't think you're going to miss even one single turn.

I assume you are talking about text-to-speech (TTS). The WorldNav 3100 is using TeleAtlas maps and has TTS so I don't think it's a function of the map data.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94640 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2006 :  02:23:25  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Right the GO910 has TTS, but some optimization can be done at the map level, I think Navteq were working on that.
Go to Top of Page

IDG

24 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2006 :  19:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To Morkin,

I noticed that you have the Israel iGo map on your C710. I assume it is the Israeli iGo SD card. I was told that a US purchased C310 will not be compatible with the Israeli iGo SD card. Does the situation change with the C310x? Can I purchase a C310x in the US and use the Israel iGo SD card?
Go to Top of Page

gpsguy

8 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2006 :  00:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1.I just purchased the MIO 310x. Can I use this GPS for marine use? Where would I get charts for coastal waters, or inland lakes and waterways. I will be using it in the delta in stockton or sacramento. Once I get the maps how do I install them.
2. the manual that comes with the GPS is very poor. What is the reason for the SD card slot and what kind/ size of card does it take.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94640 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2006 :  01:10:00  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No the iGo software is not designed for "off-road" use, one option would be to "customize it" and then use the OziCE software.
The C510/C710 customization method here http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61233 should do it, Moonbear has done it on his I believe and for OziCE you have this http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53375

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

dragao

13 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2006 :  05:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MoonBear how to do you install the Canada map onto the C310x?
Go to Top of Page

AtomX

2 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2006 :  07:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, hats off to Moonbear for all the usefull info. Worked like a charm. I too, got the 310x at Black Friday Sale. Followed all the directions and was able to get into the OS. Few questions for MOONBEAR though, or anyone else that can answer. It was stated earlier that 310x has two gigs of flash memory. "My flash memory" folder only appears to have a gig of ram, why is that? Because of this I can not copy the canada map to the directory. Secondly, if there is no way to fix that, what is the way to get the map read off the SD card? Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

AtomX

2 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2006 :  07:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for double post, got another question. Main difference of c310x aside from the traffic module built in to the c910 is the c910 ability to play video and bluetooth capability. Obviously once you hack the 310x you can play video, but is the bluetooth hardware present in 310? If so, is there a way to use it in the same way it is used in 910?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05