Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1952

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 www.POInUSA.com - Sharing Custom POIs
 Custom POI "Collections"
 Starbucks - USA
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Delta5

8 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2006 :  15:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This looks awesome and I'm eager to get it to work.

I'm trying to import this file into my TomTom 700. I understand where it needs to go on the TomTom, and I understand that I need an ov2 file. I downloaded a couple of CSV to OV2 converters and tried an online converter. None of them seem to be able to handle this CSV file. The online one times out and the programs report errors.

Anyone willing to offer this newbie some tips as to how to get this file converted?

Thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page

mors

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2006 :  16:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not positive, but one possibility is that the tomtom might not recognize the linefeed character in the last column of the csv file. If you have excel, you may search for the "Ctrl+J" character and replace it with a couple of spaces. If you don't, send me a message and I'll email you a different csv file to try.
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2006 :  19:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Delta5,

Could you tell me if you can use this Garmin Comma Separated file Starbucks.csv

Jean
Team GpsPasSion - Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Delta5

8 Posts

Posted - 24 déc. 2006 :  00:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for trying, but no dice. That file still won't convert to OV2.
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 24 déc. 2006 :  09:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Delta5,

I had no problem to open as my file Starbucks.csv with PoiEdit http://www.poiedit.com . I just used Garmin Comma Separated format.

Here is an ov2 file: Starbucks.ov2

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Delta5

8 Posts

Posted - 24 déc. 2006 :  17:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for converting that file. I tried POIEdit again on that second file, the one without the CRLF's. Worked great this time. I'll remember that in the future.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this. I really appreciate it.

Happy Holidays.
Go to Top of Page

malap

6 Posts

Posted - 24 déc. 2006 :  20:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have created a small application which is able to extract store information of all the Starbucks in the world.

The application extracts the following information:
- Lat/Lon (when available)
- Store name
- Store address
- Store phone
- Additional info (wireless access, drive-thru, airport, etc.)

I currently have the latest lists for the USA (8,978 stores) and Canada (686 stores).

My problem is that I do not know how to post them here... can someone help me out?
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2006 :  09:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi malap,

See 3. HOW TO BUILD AND SHARE A POI DATABASE from * HOW TO - ADD, CORRECT, CREATE *

Jean
Go to Top of Page

malap

6 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2006 :  16:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merci Jean.

I have created 2 files:
- malap_StarbucksUSA.zip
- malap_StarbucksCanada.zip

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have created a small application which is able to query starbucks.com and retrieve the complete list of stores.

Both files work well on my Garmin c530.

I have also included some useful tags in the 3rd column (store name).
The tags are as follows:
- [D] = "Drive-through window"
- [W] = "Wireless access"
- [A] = "Airport"

So when querying the GPS, you may see the following: "Starbucks [DW]", which would indicate that this Starbucks has a drive-through window and wireless access.

Feel free to let me know if you find anything unusual.

Thanks,
--Martin
Go to Top of Page

mors

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2006 :  16:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
malap - look here: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38618&whichpage=19
you'll see that I did the same thing you did to create the starbucks poi file. Granted I did it awhile back and they've changed their site up since then, but same principle. Guess we could just go with your file. I don't even drink coffee.
Go to Top of Page

ptwat

50 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  15:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried this file and the Starbucks closest to me is off by about 1/2 mile. It is probably an inaccuracy of the extracted address. I have a C340 and not sure how to extract GPS coordinates from it to send an update. If someone can tell me how I will send updates for the Starbucks around me.
Go to Top of Page

malap

6 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2007 :  15:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptwat

I have tried this file and the Starbucks closest to me is off by about 1/2 mile. It is probably an inaccuracy of the extracted address. I have a C340 and not sure how to extract GPS coordinates from it to send an update. If someone can tell me how I will send updates for the Starbucks around me.

I noticed that 1 of the Starbucks is also off by 1/2 mile. But 4 other Starbucks are exactly on the mark... which leads me to believe that the lat/lon of some stores on Starbucks.com are not always accurate.
Go to Top of Page

roachdaniel

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2007 :  08:18:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by malap

Merci Jean.

I have created 2 files:
- malap_StarbucksUSA.zip
- malap_StarbucksCanada.zip

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have created a small application which is able to query starbucks.com and retrieve the complete list of stores.

Both files work well on my Garmin c530.

I have also included some useful tags in the 3rd column (store name).
The tags are as follows:
- [D] = "Drive-through window"
- [W] = "Wireless access"
- [A] = "Airport"

So when querying the GPS, you may see the following: "Starbucks [DW]", which would indicate that this Starbucks has a drive-through window and wireless access.

Feel free to let me know if you find anything unusual.

Thanks,
--Martin

Thanks! I am a huge Starbucks fan and I travel all over the US and Canada for my job. I tried to convert your files for my TomTom Go700 using the latest POI Edit and I get error messages no matter which .csv format I try. I am not too familiar with XL so the ealier post suggesting the "CTRL+J" search and replace was kind of lost on me. Would you be willing to convert your files to ov2 or better yet tell me in detail how to convert the files myself? I would like to use you method to create other lists.
Thanks in advance.
Dan
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2007 :  12:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome roachdaniel,

The file modif_csv.zip supplies a small program to remove linefeed character in the last column of the csv file.

You have to copy the following files:
modif_csv.exe,
MSVCRTD.DLL
MFCO42D.DLL
MFC42D.DLL
in the same folder

Then you have to execute modif_csv.exe.

You just have to select a csv file and your csv file can be open with PoiEdit as a Garmin Comma Separated file

Please tell me if this program is working on your computer.

Jean

Go to Top of Page

Delta5

8 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2007 :  15:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roachdaniel
Thanks! I am a huge Starbucks fan and I travel all over the US and Canada for my job. I tried to convert your files for my TomTom Go700 using the latest POI Edit and I get error messages no matter which .csv format I try. I am not too familiar with XL so the ealier post suggesting the "CTRL+J" search and replace was kind of lost on me. Would you be willing to convert your files to ov2 or better yet tell me in detail how to convert the files myself? I would like to use you method to create other lists.
Thanks in advance.
Dan

Here's what you do. First download the original Starbucks.zip file. You need that for the Starbucks icon. Then download the Starbucks.ov2 file that jlb posted for me. Unzip the Starbucks.zip file. Now you just connect your TomTom to your PC, and copy the Starbucks.ov2 and Starbucks.bmp to the appropriate maps directory on the TT. I would tell you what that directory is, but I can't remember exactly. I believe it's under something like MAPS/North America/...

Edited by - Delta5 on 09 janv. 2007 15:23:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05