Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2167

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GPS Programming
 "Beta" GPS software
 WM Smartphone and PDA Config. Utility - SEWE v0.8
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

hotdram

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 22 août 2006 :  02:56:01  Show Profile  Visit hotdram's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Installed it to my phone and had one issue. I accidently hit the "enter" button when COM7 was selected as the COM channel. My GPS is set for COM6. It locked up the program. I couldn't exit it with the exit command. I tried going into Task Manager (Under Resource Management of the phone) and still couldn't get it to exit. I had to power off the phone. After I started back up and hit enter to connect to COM6 everything worked fine.
When I go to the send command menu, under the SBAS commands for instance, there is enable, disable, all the WAAS/EGNOS/MTSAT options etc. It would be nice to have a checkmark next to what is currently selected. Same with the log menu. If log is on, a checkmark next to it indicating so would be helpful. Or if it is off, a checkmark next to "off" would be nice.
I will plead ignorance as to what all the SBAS commands mean so I haven't tried any of them. I need to do some research to find out what they mean.
The blue background is

~Rob

-Garmin Mobile XT on ATT Fuze (WM Pro 6.1)
-Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
-Garmin GPSMAP60CS
-Garmin Nuvi 660
Go to Top of Page

swemartin

24 Posts

Posted - 22 août 2006 :  12:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feed back gpspassion and hotdram! Interesting that is works on the PDAs... I summarised your comments and added a few of my own to my list of things to do:

* Number the log files (I am thinking something like date and time of creation in the name)
* Get firmware version (I have seen it in the reply from resets)
* Add com settings dialog and store the settings in the registry
* Restart fix timer when a new message is sent
* Abort opened com port when not receiving nmea (should fix when blutooth goes out of range as well)
* Validate that the GPS switches to the SBAS mode sent and show selection on screen and in menu
* Show log status on screen and in menu
* Add satellite movement trace function to satellite map (I always wondered how they move over my head!!)
* Add connect/disconnect to menu and auto-connect on startup
* Add both $PSRF109 and $PSRF151 to SBAS messages (I just discovered that I changed the messages to 109 after reading a post in this forum and I did not really test it on my BT-338 so selecting specific SBAS satellites doesn't work for BT-338 in 0.2 now, i'll add the 151 messages back, I also tried the reset commands I use using hyper terminal and the Cold start message I use does not seem to work)

/Martin
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93888 Posts

Posted - 22 août 2006 :  20:25:19  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks good to me. I logged some data today with the BT-359 and it showed PRN126, will upload some pics later. I also noticed that the receiver did some kind of hot reset when toggling SBAS, any reason for that ?

Added to the first message :

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

swemartin

24 Posts

Posted - 24 août 2006 :  18:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sewe updated again!

New in 0.3 is:

* Log files now named with date/time of creation, no more overwritten log files. The menu changes so you can see if logging is on.
* Fix timer is now reset for new command sent.
* COM settings are now in a dialog so you can change baud rate. The settings are remembered to the next time you run Sewe. THE BAUD RATE IS NOT REALLY TESTED.
* If you accidentally open a port used for something else or bluetooth gets out of range (no NMEA is received) the port is closed and you can try another.
* A GPS Info screen can be shown from the menu, it will contain all the SiRF text messages the GPS outputs after a command is sent to it. It may contain firmware version, WAAS details etc. You can send commands from the screen to see the response. To exit press enter or select the same menu alternative.
* Last selected SBAS command is checked in the menu.
* The satellite map now draws a trace of the satellite positions (don't know what good that does to you but I was really interested to see how they move)
* The text output is reformatted, number of used satellites is now in parenthesis after DOP, The prn of the SBAS satellite used also shows the prn number used by Garmin (33-50) in parenthesis.

I haven't changed the SBAS mesasges as they now seem to work, it was only when I tested from HyperTerminal they didn't work.

The new version is downloadable from the first post in this topic.

Gpspassion, it seems the GPS does some kind of warm start after all changes to the SBAS settings.
/Martin
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93888 Posts

Posted - 24 août 2006 :  19:07:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great, downloaded OTA to my iPaq 6915, but can't really test as it does not use a SiRF chip. Logging auto-numbering works though, will try with a BT GPS tomorrow.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

hotdram

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 24 août 2006 :  20:08:31  Show Profile  Visit hotdram's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent Martin,
I will give it a try this evening.

~Rob

-Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
-Garmin GPSMAP60CS
-Garmin Nuvi 660
Go to Top of Page

hotdram

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 25 août 2006 :  02:27:15  Show Profile  Visit hotdram's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Martin,
I installed 0.3 this evening and had these issues:

I can not change the COM port or baud rate from the Menu>Settings>Com Port screen and the checkbox for Auto connect is grayed out.

When I have the blue satellite screen shown, then select menu>GPS info, the screen goes to an all white screen with nothing displayed. Selecting menu>GPS info again takes me back to the blue satellite screen. I don't see any messages etc.

Thanks,
~Rob

-Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
-Garmin GPSMAP60CS
-Garmin Nuvi 660

Edited by - hotdram on 25 août 2006 02:33:35
Go to Top of Page

swemartin

24 Posts

Posted - 25 août 2006 :  14:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob, thank you for testing!
The settings dialog uses drop down boxes, have you tried to press enter? The list should drop down and you can then select port or baud rate. Press enter to select and then move to the other setting. Auto connect is not yet implemented, that is why I made it gray.

The GPS Info page is empty until you send a command to the GPS. I didn't want to send commands automatically as I have not found any commands that does not change settings in the GPS. Try to send a reset or SBAS command before you open the info page or when the info page is open.
/Martin
Go to Top of Page

hotdram

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 25 août 2006 :  14:36:39  Show Profile  Visit hotdram's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Martin,
On the COM port setting screen, I tried pushing the "enter" button in both the "COM port" box and "baud rate" box, but nothing happens.
The COM port that is displayed in the "COM port" drop-down box is whatever com port I have selected from the blue Satellite screen.
If I change the COM port on the satellite screen, it will be changed in the box when I go back to the settings page.
Last night I tried sending commands to the GPS while on the "white" GPS info screen to see if that would pop a message onto it, but I saw no message. I also tried sending the message from the satellite screen, then returning to the white gps info screen and again saw nothing.

Hope this helps :)

~Rob

-Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
-Garmin GPSMAP60CS
-Garmin Nuvi 660
Go to Top of Page

swemartin

24 Posts

Posted - 25 août 2006 :  15:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK Rob, I have no idea about the dialog inputs, It worked in my emulator (WM2003SE) and on my phone (WM5). I'll have to try it another way. About the info page it might be that my Globalsat BT-338 sends more information back after commands. I only have that one. Can you try something for me? If you have a bluetooth enabled PC and connect to your GPS using HyperTerminal and send $PSRF101,0,0,0,000,0,0,12,8*1C followed by return (Factory reset) and see if your unit reponds in any way. If it does I would really like to have a copy of the response messages.
/Martin
Go to Top of Page

hotdram

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 26 août 2006 :  06:54:06  Show Profile  Visit hotdram's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will give that a try Martin. I have a USB BT dongle for my PC. It can "see" the GPS, but I can't figure out how to get the hyperterminal part to work yet. Tomorrow is another day :)

~Rob

-Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
-Garmin GPSMAP60CS
-Garmin Nuvi 660
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 26 août 2006 :  08:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swemartin

I see that this thread has been read more than 500 times. Hasn't anyone except gpspassion, hotdram and arman68 tried it.

I tried on Pharos GPS535 - seems to work OK. New to this, so I'm not one to make suggestions :)
Go to Top of Page

hotdram

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 28 août 2006 :  13:01:54  Show Profile  Visit hotdram's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Martin,
I apologize, I did not have time to investigate hyperterminal this weekend. I will attempt it sometime this week.

Spending too much time at my job,
~Rob

-Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
-Garmin GPSMAP60CS
-Garmin Nuvi 660
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2006 :  23:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Martin,
Great piece of software!!!
I ran it on my Mio A701 to factory reset the GPS and it works perfectly.
The GPS in my Mio seems to get some hickups when I use the MM Sirf Setup to set Static Navigation to on (or any other option for that matter). The GPS then only updates the position every 4 seconds even when moving fast. The only solution to get it working correctly before I found this software was to remove the battery.

Static navigation config would be great feature to add.

Thank you for your great work on this software,
Anders
Go to Top of Page

swemartin

24 Posts

Posted - 05 sept. 2006 :  19:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New version 0.4!

I am playing around here and really don't know were this little program will end... New in this version is a 3D view of mother earth and the satellites. I use the Vincent OpenGLES 3D graphics library and you need to copy the DLL included in the new zip together with the exe to your phone/PDA. I use the Nasa BlueMarble low res satellite images for the earth with night side lights added from other Nasa imagery. The sun lighting is not perfectly mathched to reality though...

Commands to move around the 3D view are
5: zoom in
0: zoom out
1: increase earth rotation
2: decrease earth rotation
6: tilt upwards
9: tilt downwards
7: rotate left around your position
8: rotate right around your position
3: restore view to default

Also new in this version is the first SiRF binary command to enable and disable static navigation (thanks Anders for the idea, och kul att du har nytta av programmet!). And Anders about the lower message rate after you switch on static navigation, can it be you are also enabling trickle power mode?

Other minor fixes include better precision in position calculations.

Rob, I think I have an idea why your GPS does not send information messages (the one I show in GPS Info) and that is how it is setup to send or not send debug messages in NMEA mode. In the new commands for static navigation I change to SiRF binary protocoll and then back to NMEA setting debug mode on. If you can try to send a Static nav off command to your GPS then one of the SBAS commands and check the GPS Info page. I hope you will see something there.
/Martin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05