Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2172

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 GPS Receivers for PDAs and PCs
 RAND MCNALLY gps
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mmeyer09

6 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2006 :  02:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Rand McNally 1225B-R1 gps antenna. I was wondering if anyone new of a website or something where I could get the drivers. (if there are drivers) I also need help figuring out whether or not my device is communicating with my computer. Ive been to the device manager and have run tests. If anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks.

Ads

Reid937

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2006 :  05:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a link that may help: Rand McNally Laptop GPS Troubleshooting Guide:http://tinyurl.com/fydxy

In part, it says, "When you first plug your GPS receiver and start StreetFinder, you should be ready to go. The unit does not require any special driver nor does it need to be "detected" by Windows in order to work. Just click Start on the StreetFinder GPS menu. If your unit has a clear view of the sky, you should start seeing your current position on the map within a few minutes."

It looks like it is NMEA compatible. The page also tells how to use hyperterminal to see if the unit is communicating.

Go to Top of Page

mmeyer09

6 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2006 :  06:00:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive been to that page before. I dont have the StreetFinder software. I may have to get it off of Ebay or something because Rand McNally no longer sells it I guess. I have MS Streets and Trips but when I go to the GPS thing it says that it is being used by another program and I have no other program using it. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

Reid937

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2006 :  06:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you check it with Windows hyperterminal (if you are using Windows) and see characters similar to the example?

If it is working, maybe there is somehow a COM port conflict with Streets and Trips.
Go to Top of Page

mmeyer09

6 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2006 :  13:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I have checked it with Hyperterminal. Any ideas on how to resolve conflicts with Streets and Trips?
Go to Top of Page

mmeyer09

6 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2006 :  04:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please help!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Reid937

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2006 :  14:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the Control Panel, and with the receiver plugged in, see if the port settings are 4800,8,N,1, and maybe configure it to a different COM port number.
Go to Top of Page

mmeyer09

6 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2006 :  21:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you configure it to a different COM port? Intstuctions please.
Go to Top of Page

mmeyer09

6 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2006 :  04:47:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
? Help please!
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2006 :  17:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the Microsoft's Knowledge Base support there are compatability issues between the Rand McNally 1225B-R1 and certain MS mapping software. Do a search for Knowledge Base article number 177386 for more details.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05