Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com


GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com



Versions

Links/Liens




Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1952




Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal


GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 GPS Programming
 "Beta" GPS software
 Port Splitter, yeat , another port splitter
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

nandong

Malaysia
1 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2011 :  05:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JAL,
I have tried everything as your tutorial for my Chinese PNA WinCE6 480x272 5" PNA iGO Primo 8.5.11.154123
After using Port splitter and use GPS meter cannot detect satellites. but in the GPS info shell can see 12 satellite red but cannot use any of them. I have tried so many times. Please advice.
Thank you

Khazin
Go to Top of Page

lepicane

1 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2011 :  22:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I apologise in advance if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I have an unlocked Navigon 2310 (now upgraded to Navigon 20 Plus). I can run both the Navigon software and iGO Primo 1.2 and have no issues with finding sattelites and the GPS side of things.

It seems to be a known issue with Navigon devices that TMC will not work in Primo unless Port Splitter is used. I have downloaded and copied over the WinCE 5 version to my device.

Now comes my problem, Does anyone know what the Port Splitter settings should be to get TMC to work in Primo 1.2 on my Navigon device?

When I run Port Splitter I can see three Input ports (COM2:, Serial Cable on USP5 Atlas Debug, IrCOMM COM4:) and 7 output ports (0, 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9).

My Navigon device GPS is COM2:, Baud 57600. In one of the *xml files in my Navigon/Settings folder I found the following values for TMC COM5:, Baud 57600. Notice there is no COM5: listed in Port Splitter.

My initial trials seem to disable the GPS signal both with the Navigon and Primo software so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2011 :  10:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lepicane

Hi,

I apologise in advance if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I have an unlocked Navigon 2310 (now upgraded to Navigon 20 Plus). I can run both the Navigon software and iGO Primo 1.2 and have no issues with finding sattelites and the GPS side of things.

It seems to be a known issue with Navigon devices that TMC will not work in Primo unless Port Splitter is used. I have downloaded and copied over the WinCE 5 version to my device.

Now comes my problem, Does anyone know what the Port Splitter settings should be to get TMC to work in Primo 1.2 on my Navigon device?

When I run Port Splitter I can see three Input ports (COM2:, Serial Cable on USP5 Atlas Debug, IrCOMM COM4:) and 7 output ports (0, 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9).

My Navigon device GPS is COM2:, Baud 57600. In one of the *xml files in my Navigon/Settings folder I found the following values for TMC COM5:, Baud 57600. Notice there is no COM5: listed in Port Splitter.

My initial trials seem to disable the GPS signal both with the Navigon and Primo software so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.



Hello,

I don't understand your problem.

PortSplitter was a program useful for Windows Mobile 2003, due to the absence in this system of the "GPS Intermediate Driver" (GPSID) introduced with Windows Mobile 5. As WM2003, Windows CE 5.0 does not have the GPSID.

Additionaly, even with GPSID present in WM5 and WM6, some programs seems to works only if PortSplitter acts as bridge between the GPS and the end program (due to an incomplete managing of GPS reading in the end program). This problem would be apply for any system.

Regards, JAL,
http://www.gpsmeter.com/
Go to Top of Page

SandyLake

114 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2011 :  23:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaluna

quote:
Originally posted by kosmin.d

please help me with a tutorial of how to install and use a port splitter and how to make igo8 work on a navigon 4310 max
Thank u !



Just install the Windows CE 5.0 version

http://www.gpsmeter.com/download/download.php?fname=./psce5.CE5_ARM.CAB

Regards, JAL,
http://www.gpsmeter.com/



When I try to install the ppc cab on my Ipaq 310 WinCE 5.0 Core, it always fails. I'm guessing it is missing some .dll?
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2011 :  12:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandyLake

quote:
Originally posted by jaluna

quote:
Originally posted by kosmin.d

please help me with a tutorial of how to install and use a port splitter and how to make igo8 work on a navigon 4310 max
Thank u !



Just install the Windows CE 5.0 version

http://www.gpsmeter.com/download/download.php?fname=./psce5.CE5_ARM.CAB

Regards, JAL,
http://www.gpsmeter.com/



When I try to install the ppc cab on my Ipaq 310 WinCE 5.0 Core, it always fails. I'm guessing it is missing some .dll?



Hello,

try by copying the files manually

http://www.gpsmeter.com/download/download.php?fname=./PortSplitter_WinCE5.zip

Regards, JAL,
http://www.gpsmeter.com/
Go to Top of Page

mg1

2 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2011 :  21:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

wanted to check if anyone has a pointer for how to get around the following issue.
I've been tinkering with a rather old PNA (a Roadstar 400P to be precise) for some time to see if it could potentially run anything more modern than its original software which is quite dated.

The device itself runs Windows CE core 5.0, and the issue I am having is that third party applications do not like the way it exposes the built-in GPS receiver. It seems like it is not assigned to a COM port, but rather to the GPS1: device.

Having looked at a simple GPS test program that was included (.exe form only, so a hex dump basically) I have been led to believe that the GPS1: device actually outputs NMEA data so I am now thinking about solutions to take that data and replicate it onto a virtual COM port for the applications to use.

Port Splitter came to mind but it only likes COM ports as inputs - any alternatives I could look into, or has anyone seen similar situations in the past?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

zahute

3 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2011 :  12:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tengo una HTC 3350 con WM5 y un GPS BT Royaltek RBT 2210
ENlas conexiones bluetooth
entrante COM7
blueGPS COM6
He instalado port splitter
COmo hacer para que me funcionen el TT y RUn gps?
Activo primero el bluetooth y luego el port splitter?
QUe pasos debo seguri para poder usar los diversos programas?
Hay algun manual de instalacion y uso?
Gracias

Go to Top of Page

kdol

2 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2012 :  19:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JAL,
I have been using Port Splitter on a gps device running freecaddie (golf software). My device died and I got a replacement Chinese one running Wince6 but it does not have the capability of running .cab files.
I copied over the 'old files' from my previous device card and Port Splitter does run ..... but ... import port does not survive reboot.

I think this is due to the fact that the Com1 port is called YFCommux Com1: and rebooting changes this name to Com1 and that stops Port Splitter working and the work round is having to reconfigure both input and output ports each time I want to use it.

IS there a simple solution to this?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

sucro

Cambodia
11 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2012 :  16:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xd-data-ii

Hi,

I have an issue where my gps receiver is on comm port 2 with baud rate 38400.
When i connect my external Royaltek RTA-3000 TMC recevier is seems to connect on comm port 2 and it uses 9600 baud rate.
So therefore in iGO i cant get it to recognise the TMC receiver as the GPS receiver is using comm 2. When i disable the gps it finds the TMC on comm 2.
I tried port splitter to split the port but its seems i can only split the port with a specified baud rate. So when i split comm 2 to, say, 7 and 8 with 9600 baud rate, the gps receiver cannot be found anywhere. TMC is found. If i split it with 38400 baud rate, gps is found and tmc cant be found.

Is there a way to split the port and have it irrelevant of baud rate?
Or do you know of a way for me to achieve what i need to get the TMC and GPS working on my WinCE5 device?

Thanks


I'm not I!
Go to Top of Page

artlov

Estonia
27 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2012 :  12:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quite quiet here...
I have been tried to split port in my HP iPAQ310. Downloaded last available PortSplitter_WinCE5, but i have empty Output fileds. Please help me to fill it with some value. Screenshot example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13532720/hp310_port_splitter.jpg
Go to Top of Page

mg1

2 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2012 :  23:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mg1

built-in GPS receiver. It seems like it is not assigned to a COM port, but rather to the GPS1: device.



All,

I confirmed that the port named GPS1 on the device I was mentioning outputs NMEA data and so I would love to be able to redirect it to a more canonical port name. Any way to use ports that do not have a COM prefix as inputs for portsplitter?

A few years ago there was a user (Kuruto) with a similar problem, who wanted to use a FTD0: port as input, but I am not sure if his problem was ever solved.

Any advice?

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

Kevinjansen

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2012 :  09:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear jaluna,

First of all I would like to say that your port splitter app is the effect solution for my GPS!
My Com 2 port wasn't visible for GPS apps but now with the port splitter app I can split the port and the spitted port becomes visible!
Just great! Everything works again tom-tom Igo and all other small GPS apps!
My only problem now is that the app doesn't start automatically on boot up with my unlock for my mio Visual.
With this unlock the port splitter app was already installed. Port Splitter V1.31
Once again I would like to thank you so much for this app! I really love how I can use my GPS apps now with help from Port Splitter.

I would like to ask you how to get the app lunched at startup.
I have a Mio Moov S505 GPS system with Visual unlock installed.

I hope you can help me with my problem

Kind regards,

Kevin Jansen.
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2012 :  11:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kevinjansen

Dear jaluna,

First of all I would like to say that your port splitter app is the effect solution for my GPS!
My Com 2 port wasn't visible for GPS apps but now with the port splitter app I can split the port and the spitted port becomes visible!
Just great! Everything works again tom-tom Igo and all other small GPS apps!
My only problem now is that the app doesn't start automatically on boot up with my unlock for my mio Visual.
With this unlock the port splitter app was already installed. Port Splitter V1.31
Once again I would like to thank you so much for this app! I really love how I can use my GPS apps now with help from Port Splitter.

I would like to ask you how to get the app lunched at startup.
I have a Mio Moov S505 GPS system with Visual unlock installed.

I hope you can help me with my problem

Kind regards,

Kevin Jansen.



This feature just copies the shortcut (Port Splitter.lnk) to \Windows\AutoStart

Maybe your device clear the content of \Windows\AutoStart at boot... and the shortcut is never called.

Regards, JAL,
http://www.gpsmeter.com/
Go to Top of Page

testerics

9 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2012 :  15:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi jaluna, I'm using the last version of port splitter on my Navigon 4350max to be posible to "redirect" the GPS port com2 to com7 (for Primo 2.0 to work). Everything is ok, only one issue I have: my device is generating only the GGA and RMC NMEA sentences (I could see this with SirfTech.exe)
This is ok for Navigon, but for iGO8, Primo and other navigation software is not ok (for example, on iGO8 I have full GPS signal, but I can't see the altitude and signal bars because GSA and GSV sentences are not generated...). If I use SirfTech I could enable even GSA and GSV sentences and after this I start the Primo using a script that is launching the port splitter first. But this application doesen't have the possibility to set NMEA message rate from command line, so I need after every restart of my device to set manually the new sentences.
Maybe I'm off-topic, but... do you think that is possile to implement in your port splitter the possibility to see and set the NMEA sentences... or something similar?
Thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2012 :  12:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by testerics

Hi jaluna, I'm using the last version of port splitter on my Navigon 4350max to be posible to "redirect" the GPS port com2 to com7 (for Primo 2.0 to work). Everything is ok, only one issue I have: my device is generating only the GGA and RMC NMEA sentences (I could see this with SirfTech.exe)
This is ok for Navigon, but for iGO8, Primo and other navigation software is not ok (for example, on iGO8 I have full GPS signal, but I can't see the altitude and signal bars because GSA and GSV sentences are not generated...). If I use SirfTech I could enable even GSA and GSV sentences and after this I start the Primo using a script that is launching the port splitter first. But this application doesen't have the possibility to set NMEA message rate from command line, so I need after every restart of my device to set manually the new sentences.
Maybe I'm off-topic, but... do you think that is possile to implement in your port splitter the possibility to see and set the NMEA sentences... or something similar?
Thank you very much!




yes, sorry, this matter is totally off-topic. Portsplitter will redirect the traffic one-way over the input port with independance of the nature of data sent.
Maybe you can control SirfTech with some script to automate this task.

Regards, JAL,
http://www.gpsmeter.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05