Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2401

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GPS Programming
 "Beta" GPS software
 Port Splitter, yeat , another port splitter
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2008 :  01:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jal,
Thanks for the info about the reg settings. I will give it a go. BTW, I am using the CE 5.0 version.

Cheers

Rob L
Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 16 juil. 2008 :  01:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I did not have any success getting portsplitter working on the HPIPAQ using the register settings.
The idea I was trying was to move the GPS from com7 to com8 then split it to com 7 and com 2.
That way the build nav software could use com7, the standard and I could configure Oziexplore to use com 2.

This is the settings that I used:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JAL\Port Splitter]
"Autostart"=dword:00000000
"Baud"=dword:00000006
"Port"=dword:00000008
"Split"=dword:00000264

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS]
"Index"=dword:00000008
"NmeaSel2"=dword:00000001
"Prefix"="COM"
"ParamFolder"="ResidentFlash"
"Dll"="GPS.Dll"
"Order"=dword:00000002
"FrozenLat"=dword:00000000
"FrozenLon"=dword:00000000
"EhFrozenLat"=dword:0001001e
"EhFrozenLon"=dword:0003619f
"UseInertial"=dword:00000000
"HalfPpmTcxo"=dword:00000001
"TimeoutStoreParam"=dword:0000012c
"FrozenQCEnable"=dword:00000001
"GPSEnalbeSpgod"=dword:00000001
"SynEphAvailable"=dword:00000001
"BackgroundLogDataEnable"=dword:00000000
"BackgroundLogFolder"="SDMMC"
"MC_StartupPlugin"="\\ResidentFlash\\StartupPlugin.dll"
"MC_ColdStartUIApp"="\\Windows\\ColdStartUI.exe"
"IClass"="{A32942B7-920C-486b-B0E6-92A702A99B35}"

Moving the GPS to port 8 worked ok. However, I could not get portsplitter to work. If I applied the registery changes for port splitter then started portsplitter it still did not show ports 2 and 7 a being the destination ports. However it did show port 8 as the source. Also, when I tried to reconfigure ozi to use port 2 COM2 was not listed in the dropdown as a option to select. Finally, if I started the HP NAV software it seemed to connect to port 7, however it did not receive any NEMA data from the GPS.

Also, I noticed that if I did a soft reset of the device, the portsplitter registry settings changed back to the default values. However the changes to the GPS settings (Moving to port 8 ) persisted.

Does anyone have anyideas as to what is going wrong here ?

Thanks in advance

Rob
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 16 juil. 2008 :  09:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try

1) close portsplitter
2) autostart byte set to 1
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JAL\Port Splitter]
"Autostart"=dword:00000001
"Baud"=dword:00000006
"Port"=dword:00000008
"Split"=dword:00000264 (we asume that ports - 2 & 7 - are really available and not busy by others programs)
3) start portsplitter

Also, consider to split 7 into 8 and 2.

good luck

Regards, JAL,
http://www.gpsmeter.com/
Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2008 :  00:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JAL, I tried your suggestion of setting autostart bit to 1 and using 522 for the split. Unfortunately it did not work. (Source port as 7 )
What I found interesting is that I could start portsplitter with this config then start Ozi, and Ozi could still source GPS data from port 7 . I would have thought that port 7 would be locked by port splitter if port splitter was using it as the source port
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2008 :  09:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob,

you are right, this means that portsplitter has not been started, ie, the port 7 has not been not opened and splitted.

If portsplitter is running succesfully the "start" button change the text to "stop".

In other message you says that the "output list" is empty. Portsplitter try create and open all ports from 0 to 9 (with the exception of the ports in the "input list") before to populate the "output list". If the "output list" is empty you don't have nothing to do with portsplitter. Try to free some ports before to use portsplitter (see message about deviceX in first page of forum)

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2008 :  08:52:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked out my problem (With a little help from a friend). The file "extvsplit.dll" needs to be in the \windows directory. However whenever the IPAQ 310 is soft reset, everything in the windows directory is purged. Hence my problem !.

So the question now is can the file extvsplit.dll be put in flashram on the IPAQ 310 where it is not deleted whenever a softreset occurs ? This would be under the \ResidentFlash\IPAQ directory I guess
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2008 :  10:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok RobL,

I have placed the dll in the installation dir rather than Windows. Please, test it.

Installers (Activesync)

Mobile 5
portsplitter_mobile5_setup

Mobile 6
portsplitter_mobile6_setup

CE 5
portsplitter_CE5_setup

Mobile 2003
portsplitter_mobile2003_setup

Smartphone Mobile 5
portsplitter_sp_wm5_setup

CAB files

Mobile 5
pswm5.WM5_ARM

Mobile 6
pswm6.WM6_ARM

CE 5
psce5.CE5_ARM

Mobile 2003
psppc2003.PPC2003_ARM

Smartphone Mobile 5
CAB_PortSplitter_SP_WM5

Version is 1.20

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2008 :  05:19:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jal,
I have tried installing it (Downloaded V 1.11 from web site, is that correct ?). But still one problem. The HPIPAQ does not like having spaces in the installation folder name ("JAL Port Splitter") or the executable name ("Port Splitter.exe"). I had to change them to JALPortSplitter and PortSplitter.exe to get them to run.

Portsplitter starts up ok but there are no ports available to add in the drop down. Also, if I copied the dll extvsplit.dll into the /Windows directory and it still did not seem to work correctly.

Cheers

Rob L
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2008 :  11:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But do you have ran successfully portsplitter and splitting ports also? Wich ports showed in output list?
Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 20 juil. 2008 :  02:24:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jal,
I can run portsplitter, however, when I press the start button nothing happens. Also, there are no com ports displayed in the output dropdown menu

Cheers

Rob
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 21 juil. 2008 :  09:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Rob,

as noticed in a previous message, you don't have nothing to do with port splitter if the output list is empty. Use the deviceX tool to free some ports and then restart portsplitter.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2008 :  15:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jal,
I have a very odd problem here. I installed port splitter on my Ipaq 614c and it worked perfectly reading the internal gps on com 6 and sending the signal out to Com 1 straight after I installed it.
I then stopped port splitter but when I tried to restart I got an error message saying it could not open Com 1. I soft reset the the ipaq (4 times now) but every time I restart the splitter the output list is blank.
I have tried to use the deviceX tool but according to that COM 0, 1, 3 and 4 are not in use anyway.
After another soft reset after trying devicex port splitter lists the free ports in the output pull down (Com 0,1,3,4 and 8) but when I select one and click Add nothing happens.
Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Edited by - davkt on 22 juil. 2008 16:04:28
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2008 :  16:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi davkt,

which version are you using?
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2008 :  18:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Port Splitter 1.11 for windows mobile 6 (the Ipaq is WM6Pro) but yet another soft reset (that is 2 or 3 since the last install) seems to have fixed the problem, as I said most odd! But at least now the bundled copilot live can see the internal GPS just as it should have done when HP sold it!!!
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2008 :  20:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like it was google maps breaking things, now removed from the system!
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2008 :  21:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, remember also that you can use GPSID in such system rather than portsplitter to share gps signal.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2008 :  23:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Port splitter doing a perfect job now thanks very much, pity no one at HP seemed to know how to a) get the internal GPS to talk to the bundled software or b) that utilities like portsplitter or GPSID would solve in seconds the problems that have had Ipaq 614 owners tearing their hair out for weeks!
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2008 :  08:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the "bundled software" with the HP? If does not work directly, without portsplitter, maybe because isn't compatible with the serial port driver of HP.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2008 :  10:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It came bundled with Copilot as part of the factory software install, looks like HP use some tool that does the same job as Port Splitter but whatever tool they have used isn't compatible with the software they bundle with the device. Nor does Copilot work accessing the GPS port directly.
The built in HP port splitting tool does work for google maps and reportedly works with Tomtom but having spent lots of money on the Ipaq I was rather keen to get the supplied software to do it's job rather than have to pay out for another package to provide functionality it already had!
Not sure what you have done different but as I said using the built in GPS tool Copilot couldn't find a GPS signal at all, Gpsgate did let it find a signal but the connection between copilot and the GPS kept dropping every few minutes and needed copilot restarting to re-establish it, Port splitter though works rock solid now I have got rid of Google maps. Im not 100% sure but it looks like google maps grabbed every available com port as a possible data input stream but didn't bother freeing them up again when it was shut down.
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2008 :  12:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh well, not quite solved! After Portsplitter worked perfectly for quite a few hours and quite a few stops and starts I again got the message it could open com 1, after that it still listed the free ports (Com 1 included) but when I click on one and press add nothing happens. I've done a couple of soft resets and after the first reset the ports still appear in the puldown output list but nothing happens when I try to add one of them, after the second all is working again!
Oh and it looks like it is a version of GSPID that HP supply.
Best wishes
David

Edited by - davkt on 23 juil. 2008 13:02:31
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2008 :  13:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I will try to reproduce your steps and fix the bug if I have lucky to found it. It will be great if you can predict when will this fail occurs.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2008 :  15:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Playing with it still to try and pin it down for sure but it now seems to be happening if I start and stop the splitter from within the port splitter app, not every time but sometimes (anywhere between the first and fourth stop and restart so far) I get the message about about not being able to open com 1 and trying to add ports from the list stops working. Do a soft reset and I still get the list of ports in the pull down for output but can't add them, another soft reset and it is all working again.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you trace the problem.
Cheers
David
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2008 :  16:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A bit more experimenting and it seems like time might have somthing to do with it, I stopped and immediatly restarted the splitter about 20 times one after the other and it worked fine. I them left the splitter stopped for a few minutes and when I tried to restart got the error message and after 2 soft resets it works again! Also if after the soft reset I leave it a few minutes to start the splitter I get the same error sequence. Devicex is still showing the same list of ports in use whatever portsplitter is doing
This gets stranger by the minute!
Hope this is helping
David

Edited by - davkt on 23 juil. 2008 16:13:22
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2008 :  16:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wierder still I just left it 20 min without resetting after the last set of errors and it is working fine again!
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2008 :  00:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And is still working after several stop start cycles now 8 hours later
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2008 :  09:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And 9 hours later is giving the error again!
Go to Top of Page

davkt

12 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2008 :  11:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And a couple of hours later it is working again. The Ipaq hasn't been reset since my post at 16:02:25 yesterday
All I can think of is that somthing else running on the ipaq is sometimes grabbing the output port when Port Splitter releases it or sometime later and then freeing it again at some random time. Can't think what else I have running that might have use for a com port though!
Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2008 :  04:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jal,
deviceX tool does not run (As far as i know) on the Windows CE IPAQ 310. How, I checked the registry and it should have free ports. The symptom I am getting is the same that I got with the earlier version of portsplitter that needed to have the dll in the windows directory if this dll was missing.

As the new version supports having the dll in the install directory, could me changing the name of the install directory (removing spaces from the directory name) cause a problem ?.

Remember, I found that having spaces in either the install directory name or the name of the Portsplitter binary caused it not to run on the IPAQ. Are there any registry entries used by portsplitter that have either the filename of the install directory name in them ? Are either of these hardcoded anywhere ?

Thanks

Rob L

quote:
Originally posted by jaluna

Hello Rob,

as noticed in a previous message, you don't have nothing to do with port splitter if the output list is empty. Use the deviceX tool to free some ports and then restart portsplitter.

Regards, JAL,

Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2008 :  04:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jal,
I did some more experimenting. The problem seems to be in the registry entries for the extvsplit s in the registery, ie these

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\extvsplit8]
"Index"=dword:00000008
"FriendlyName"="COM:8 Port Splitter"
"Prefix"="COM"
"Dll"="\\ResidentFlash\\iPAQ\\OS\\GAMES\\JAL Port Splitter\\extvsplit.dll"

As I renamed the installation directory the entry for "Dll" is incorrect. It should be "Dll"="\\ResidentFlash\\iPAQ\\OS\\GAMES\\JALPortSplitter\\extvsplit.dll"

I tried manually editing the registry to change it. However, whenever I restarted portsplitter it rewrites the registry entry back to the in correct setting, "\\ResidentFlash\\iPAQ\\OS\\GAMES\\JAL Port Splitter\\extvsplit.dll". So I think this is why it is not working after I renamed the installation directory.

Cheers

Rob L

quote:
Originally posted by robl

Hi Jal,
deviceX tool does not run (As far as i know) on the Windows CE IPAQ 310. How, I checked the registry and it should have free ports. The symptom I am getting is the same that I got with the earlier version of portsplitter that needed to have the dll in the windows directory if this dll was missing.

As the new version supports having the dll in the install directory, could me changing the name of the install directory (removing spaces from the directory name) cause a problem ?.

Remember, I found that having spaces in either the install directory name or the name of the Portsplitter binary caused it not to run on the IPAQ. Are there any registry entries used by portsplitter that have either the filename of the install directory name in them ? Are either of these hardcoded anywhere ?

Thanks

Rob L

quote:

Hello Rob,

Regards, JAL,

Go to Top of Page

SACHA4321

France
24 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2008 :  22:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jal

I got an Ipaq 314 very newly and I try to reuse a lot of stuff from my previous ACER N35 Pocket PC.
Therefore, I need to gain acces to the GPS on COM7 (according to the Ipaq GpsViewer tool, and the review of most of the 101 "Customizing the HP iPaq 310" topic).
I booted from a SD card with CELauncher and I installed the "psce5.CE5_ARM.cab" I copied before on this SD : the default proposed folder is "\Program Files" and was accepted. When I launch Port Splitter from the XplorerMenu, I get the error message "Cannot find 'Port Splitter' or one of its components. .."
I tried also to install under "\Windows" but it was successless.
From an other post I saw that if "extvsplit.dll" is under "\Windows" it could solve tmy problem, but it didn't work.

Thanks for your help.

Now, it runs well.
I first added the "aygshell.dll" found through "gpspassion" in the installation folder.
It worked well.
I got an export of the register using TRE.
I moved all the installation folder under IPAQ\...\GAMES and applied an update to the register with a ".reg" file to point to the new location.

It's all folks

Edited by - SACHA4321 on 19 août 2008 23:43:56
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2008 :  19:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, sorry all, I'm on vacances, not much access to net.

The version 1.11 (see downloads) uses the \windows folder for the dll.
The version 1.20 use the installation folder for this dll.

Hi Rob, I will fix the bug on my return.

I hope this help you.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

eeguk

1 Posts

Posted - 22 août 2008 :  18:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to call port splitter (with parameters) by MortScript? So that we can write a script to call TT7 after starting port splitter.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

SACHA4321

France
24 Posts

Posted - 22 août 2008 :  21:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as my short knowledge is :

once you started PortSplitter, you select the standard GPS COM port as the input to PortSplitter and you assign as output your new COM ports which depend on your hardware and software (e.g. on IPAQ 314 : input is COM7 at 9600 bauds and output are COM0, COM2 and COM8 which are used at 9600 bauds too) and you check the "AUTOSTART" box

in your "Terry Pratchett-like" script, I suggest to use :
Runwait("<path>\Port Splitter.exe")
if PortSplitter is always running, the second execution aborts, if not, it starts

the point is that you must assign a different port to each application you use in accordance with the output ports assigned in Port Splitter ... so the assigned ports are saved in the register and therefore, you do not need any additional PortSplitter parameter.

In addition, do not forget to spend a (little) time to look at the stuff published before on this site or other sites ... you will find more than you could question.
And, of course, you may add a switch to start or not an other application like TT7 : an exemple of this is copied below from the MortScript author's web site (www.sto-helit.de) :

Switch (question ( "Rotate screen before running TomTom?", "TomTom Launcher", "YesNoCancel" ))
case (1)
Rotate(90)
Runwait( "\Storage Card\Program Files\Navigator\Tomtom Navigator.exe" )
Rotate(0)
case (0)
Run( "\Storage Card\Program Files\Navigator\Tomtom Navigator.exe" )
case (2)
EndSwitch

"If you are in trouble, ask the Librarian"

Edited by - SACHA4321 on 23 août 2008 00:27:56
Go to Top of Page

gconlon

3 Posts

Posted - 24 août 2008 :  15:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where can i download v 1.12 for WM6? preferable CAB file version
Go to Top of Page

gconlon

3 Posts

Posted - 24 août 2008 :  15:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry - i meant v1.2 CAB file installa for WM6
Go to Top of Page

sktung

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  03:51:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to reliably close Port Splitter through Mortscript or some other method?

If I kill the process, it appears to still lock up the com port and the only solution I have found so far is a soft reset.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 11 sept. 2008 :  02:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jal,
Have you had a chance to look at the bug yet ?

Thanks

Robl

> Hi, sorry all, I'm on vacances, not much access to net.
>
> The version 1.11 (see downloads) uses the \windows folder for the dll.
> The version 1.20 use the installation folder for this dll.
>
> Hi Rob, I will fix the bug on my return.
>
> I hope this help you.
>
> Regards, JAL,
> http://www.gpsmeter.com/

Edited by - robl on 11 sept. 2008 02:49:21
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 11 sept. 2008 :  10:06:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please, remember me what's the problem.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 12 sept. 2008 :  00:24:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Please, remember me what's the problem.

Regards, JAL,

Hi Jal, I hope you had a nice vacation. The defect description is described in my posing on 27 July. Basically, it seems that the ipaq does not like having spaces in the filename, and if you change the location of the file and the relevant registry entry, the registry entry gets rewritten back to the original value (with the spaces) when ever you restart portsplitter.

Cheers
Rob L
Go to Top of Page

Gunnme

21 Posts

Posted - 12 sept. 2008 :  02:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, PL N100 here. it seems to work ok (WinCE 5.0)
but... with autostart enabled on every reset, it asks all. It seems not to keep settings. is there any possibility for command line options? for example: with a script activate it silently, run a GPS app, and if I kill the gps app, an option for closing the ports in portsplitter, and close. That way my gps app wouldn't block my gps com port if I kill the app, you know...
Go to Top of Page

SACHA4321

France
24 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2008 :  10:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello robl,

If you have an IPAQ (I have an IPAQ 314 ...), have a look at my previous posts ; of course, at each reboot, there is a rewriting of a part of the registry, therefore, you must move the installed "port splitter" directory under the "games" folder which belongs to the original software release of the IPAQ and which is only (maybe) modified if you apply an IPAQ update provided by HP !
After the move of the directory, you must also make the relevant modifications in the registry : keep care to use the correct version of TRE (an older version has a known and corrected bug in the latest : it does not export the whole registry and does not import a .reg file !) or modify it on the fly.
I hope this helps.
Regards
Sacha
Go to Top of Page

solus

4 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2008 :  21:27:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am currently using this software with my mio c520. It works fine during the initial activesync install. But if I power off the gps and try to relaunch port splitter, nothing shows up in the "output ports" dropdown field. I am running xtyler's small unlock. I have installed/ran port splitter from both flash disk and sd card. Has anyone else experienced this?
Go to Top of Page

SACHA4321

France
24 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2008 :  17:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Solus,
Maybe, I'm wrong, but if your gps is off, you have no chance to capture anything from any port and you will not be able to split or redirect it.
Cheers,
Go to Top of Page

Jekku

Finland
2 Posts

Posted - 17 sept. 2008 :  13:56:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried this software on Mio Moov? I got it working but couldn't assign any new ports. I have the same problem that many others have/had, nothing shows up on the output section. There are several free ports on the device. AFAIK in use are only COM:0,1,2. So, there should be many ports open...
It would be nice if one could create a new port or ports, what could be used with this software.

Go to Top of Page

sheky

Yugoslavia
4 Posts

Posted - 19 sept. 2008 :  12:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Jekku

Some registry hack should be done. You can look here
http://forum.mio4u.cz/viewtopic.php?p=23368&sid=a92bbd8c604f86971a1389879f9e3a6b&PHPSESSID=9d...

Mio Moov 360, Garmin Nuvi 710
Go to Top of Page

Jekku

Finland
2 Posts

Posted - 19 sept. 2008 :  20:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sheky

@Jekku

Some registry hack should be done. You can look here
http://forum.mio4u.cz/viewtopic.php?p=23368&sid=a92bbd8c604f86971a1389879f9e3a6b&PHPSESSID=9d...

Don't want to use miopocket. Too resource needy. Not that it's not good, it's just too much to customize it for my needs(Nothing against you Osprey!).

What does this mean:
Postup:

1) Provedte instalaci MioPocket <-- Is tihs necessary?
2) Na SD kartu nakopirujte slozku GARMIN z horniho odkazu
3) Provedte instalaci PortSplitter Pokud Vam to nejde stahnete si jen soubory odtud
Kód:
viz. garminsupport.rar

4) do slozky garmin na SD karte nakopirujte obsah archivu garminsupport.rar
5) aplikaci garmin spustite pomoci skriptu ktery je ve slozce garminsupport RunGarmin.mscr
6) proklikejte se licencnima podminkama a jdete do menu programu a tam zvolte polozku about, na obrayovce uvidite ID pristroje a ID karty Pouyivejte jen ID karty pro generovani licence, navod je v archivu GXT4WinCE.rar spolecne s lecenim
7) Vytvorte licence jak pro mapy tak pro samostatnou aplikaci
8) ted si musite sehnat aplikaci mapsource s mapovymi podklady

To je vse a voala ono to funguje a hlavne to naviguje narozdil od miomap

Skript RunGarmin.mscr obsahuje skript ktery provede pokazde instalaci PortSplitter (predevsim zapisi do registru a kopii DLL souboru, pak jej spusti a nastavi port 0 jako kopii portu 2, pak provede kopirovani souboru s nastavenim a spusti aplikaci, po skonceni aplikace provede zalohu nastaveni kopirovanim na kartu

Go to Top of Page

sheky

Yugoslavia
4 Posts

Posted - 19 sept. 2008 :  20:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jekku

Don't want to use miopocket. Too resource needy. Not that it's not good, it's just too much to customize it for my needs(Nothing against you Osprey!).

What does this mean:
Postup:

1) Provedte instalaci MioPocket <-- Is tihs necessary?
2) Na SD kartu nakopirujte slozku GARMIN z horniho odkazu
3) Provedte instalaci PortSplitter Pokud Vam to nejde stahnete si jen soubory odtud
Kód:
viz. garminsupport.rar

4) do slozky garmin na SD karte nakopirujte obsah archivu garminsupport.rar
5) aplikaci garmin spustite pomoci skriptu ktery je ve slozce garminsupport RunGarmin.mscr
6) proklikejte se licencnima podminkama a jdete do menu programu a tam zvolte polozku about, na obrayovce uvidite ID pristroje a ID karty Pouyivejte jen ID karty pro generovani licence, navod je v archivu GXT4WinCE.rar spolecne s lecenim
7) Vytvorte licence jak pro mapy tak pro samostatnou aplikaci
8) ted si musite sehnat aplikaci mapsource s mapovymi podklady

To je vse a voala ono to funguje a hlavne to naviguje narozdil od miomap

Skript RunGarmin.mscr obsahuje skript ktery provede pokazde instalaci PortSplitter (predevsim zapisi do registru a kopii DLL souboru, pak jej spusti a nastavi port 0 jako kopii portu 2, pak provede kopirovani souboru s nastavenim a spusti aplikaci, po skonceni aplikace provede zalohu nastaveni kopirovanim na kartu

It's about installing garmin mobile xt on mio moov 360. In archive garminsupport.rar you have script file portsplit.mscr which install and run portsplitter. Maybe it will help you.

Sorry about my English.

Mio Moov 360, Garmin Nuvi 710
Go to Top of Page

kcuk

1 Posts

Posted - 29 sept. 2008 :  17:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a problem about using the port splitter on my PDA. I have set the input to com6 which my gps device uses, and everything works great! However, everytime I soft reset the PDA the splitter will set the input to com1 by default and thereby fail to connect to the gps device.

Is there anything I can do to make the default input port com1?

Any comment will be appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

akno

2 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2008 :  14:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm trying Port Splitter 1.20 on my GPS (Windows CE 5.0) and it seems to work pretty well, but it's missing the COM5 port (USB) in the output menu (after a softreset also).

Where is the problem ?

NB: I can select and use COM5 in GpsGate...

EDIT: I wonder if Port Splitter works only with virtual ports for the output (COM5 is a physical port).

Thanks.

Edited by - akno on 17 oct. 2008 15:01:39
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2008 :  15:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Port Splitter works only with virtual ports for the output.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

GuinnessTrinker

2 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2008 :  17:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where can i find the latest cab of Portsplitter for Windows-Mobile 5 ??
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 31 oct. 2008 :  09:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Under www.gpsmeter.com -> Downloads section you will find the CAB for

Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone (not touchscreen)
CAB_PortSplitter_SP_WM5

Windows CE 5.0
psce5.CE5_ARM

Windows Mobile 2003
psppc2003.PPC2003_ARM

Windows Mobile 5
pswm5.WM5_ARM

Windows Mobile 6
pswm6.WM6_ARM

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

GuinnessTrinker

2 Posts

Posted - 31 oct. 2008 :  12:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Under www.gpsmeter.com -> Downloads section you will find the CAB for

Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone (not touchscreen)
CAB_PortSplitter_SP_WM5

[..]

Thanks,
but i am looking for
PortSplitter for Windows Mobile 5 (not GPSMeter)

(PocketPC with touchscreen, not smartphone)

The topic of this threat is
"Port Splitter, yeat , another port splitter"

So, i thought i can find the answer here.

When clicking on

http://www.gpsmeter.com/index.php?page=portsplitter
-> Windows Mobile 5.0 -> Download CAB Port Splitter 1.11

i get an useless file with error message included
("file not found")
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 31 oct. 2008 :  12:56:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I need to fix the link broken. But if you do carefully the steps of my previous message you will get the requested cab (for porstplitter)
Go to Top of Page

kolio

1 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2008 :  10:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using Bluetooth GPS device, connected to iPAQ Windows Mobile 5.0.
There are two applications:
1.Navigation TomTom - COM9
2.BT GPS setup application - COM8
Outbound connection to BT GPS is at COM8
ComSplitter works fine when sends the incoming NMEA to
both COM9 and COM6 and both applications are connected.
BUT there is an outgoing data from the setup application,
which doesn't appear to affect on BT GPS settings.
So, is the splitter "two-way" or just it splits in one direction?
And I understand that there isn't a criteria how to mix the data
in the reverse direction from the applications to BT GPS, but
actually TomTom Navigation doesn't send back any data.
Is it possible(difficult) to make the splitter "two-way" with
just one of the virtual ports?
Example:
BT GPS-->SPLITTER-->NAV APP 1
:
BT GPS-->SPLITTER-->NAV APP N
BT GPS<->SPLITTER<->BT GPS SETUP APP

Otherwise the splitter is really useful!
Regards,
Kolio
Go to Top of Page

Atmos

3 Posts

Posted - 15 nov. 2008 :  15:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this very useful program

I've two question's.

The gps port of my wince5.0 pna is occupied from the original navigation software and I must run port splitter before this software to have 2 com port with gps signal, but in this way I can't use the software because the original port is occupied by port splitter and I can't change the comunication port in the bundled navigation software.

1) Is there a way to have signal also on the "imput port" when port splitter run? Or is there a software that can do this?

2) Can I change (with a registry hack) the original gps com port on my pna to allow gps comunication also to my bundled software when Port splitter run?

Thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 15 nov. 2008 :  15:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Kolio,

you are right, the current version of portsplitter is only "one way": I read the input and I write into all output ports defined.

Atmos, once portsplitter opens a port as input leaves to be available to others apps. This is, maybe, the major handicap of portsplitter.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

Atmos

3 Posts

Posted - 16 nov. 2008 :  11:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Atmos, once portsplitter opens a port as input leaves to be available to others apps. This is, maybe, the major handicap of portsplitter.

Regards, JAL,

Thank you, do you think that this is a common problem of this kind of softwares or do you know a software that leave free the imput port?

Thanks a lot
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 16 nov. 2008 :  12:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not, It's software question. gpsgate can do what you needs.
Go to Top of Page

cornelisjj

South Africa
3 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2008 :  09:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jaluna,

I'm using port splitter for WINCe 5.0.
managed to get port splitter up and running and to create virtual ports.
But when I try to use it, it gives an error, "Cannot set mask on input port".

Input port is com port 7 which is my gps port.
output is com 0 and com 1, which are virtual created ports.
What can be the problem?

cj
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2008 :  15:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi cornelisjj, do you obtains always this error?

JAL
Go to Top of Page

cornelisjj

South Africa
3 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2008 :  16:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jaluna,

Yes each time it use com7 baud rate 4800 as input gps port(which is the correct one), it will give me that error. (So it seems if it gets nmea data it gives me that error)

By default it will use com port 2 baudrate 57600, then it doesn`t give the error but it doesnt work either..because its not my gps port.

cj
Go to Top of Page

jackcarver

2 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2008 :  05:35:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi jaluna and cornelisji,
My PNA also having the same error. It uses Sirf Centrality Atlas III chip (COM7) also. When installing Port Splitter for CE5 using cab file provided, it seems to be OK. Then when tried to execute the program first time I select com7:gps port as input and select 57600 buad and select auto strart. In the output section I can select COM1, COM6, COM 0 for output but when click start I will get "cannot set mask on input port". Next time if you want to run the program or using the script to run the program, there will not be any drop down of com port for output to select. Trying with other buad rate from 4800 - 57600, none of them works.

Is this problem related to some missing dll of wince5???

Edited by - jackcarver on 19 nov. 2008 06:11:58
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2008 :  13:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this problem related to some missing dll of wince5???

Hello jackcarver,

not, I will try to solve this problem in soon update.

regards.
Go to Top of Page

jackcarver

2 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2008 :  15:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jaluna, Many Thanks. We can wait.
Go to Top of Page

syncro

11 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2008 :  22:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hola Jal, si, si, en español ;-)
He intentado usar tu programa en una PNA WCE5.0 (AcerP610) y como output no me aparece ningun puerto, no puedo añadir ninguno ?¿.
Saludotes y felicitaciones por tus programas.
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2008 :  09:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by syncro

Hola Jal, si, si, en español ;-)
He intentado usar tu programa en una PNA WCE5.0 (AcerP610) y como output no me aparece ningun puerto, no puedo añadir ninguno ?¿.
Saludotes y felicitaciones por tus programas.

Hola syncro,

si no hay puertos en la lista output, es que están todos ocupados por otros programas o servicios de windows.

Si despues de un softreset sigue sin aparecer ninguno... la única opcion es liberarlos a la fuerza, aunque con ello dejaran de funcionar los servicios que toques. En las primeras paginas de este hilo usé "Devicex" para eso, para remover puertos usados por el sistema. La pda era una vieja hp 3850 y quité los puertos que usa el bluetooth para dejarlos libres para portsplitter. El cambio siempre es reversible (usando el "devicex" para recuperarlos o bien con hardreset)

Antes de liberar puertos 8 y 5

Despues de liberarlos

Portsplitter usando los puertos liberados (8 y 5)

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2008 :  11:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

updated version for CE5 trying to avoid error "cannot set mask on input port". Please, test it.

Regards, JAL,

Go to Top of Page

cornelisjj

South Africa
3 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2008 :  16:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jaluna whowwww!!!

It works!!! It doesn`t give me that error in portsplitter anymore , and whats better, it reads the gps in xt.!!!
The only thing is that portsplitter defaults on GPS com port 2 speed 57600, and mine should be com7 speed 38400 or 4800, if I change it, it works but it won`t remeber this..
Anyway I can live with that..
Thank you very much for a great job.
Thanks again and hope you have a nice weekend..!!!

cj
Go to Top of Page

navar

27 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2008 :  10:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

Using the latest (22 Nov) version of Port Splitter on a iPaq 312 running Win CE 5. Works fine, but on reset I need to re-install Port Splitter. I can't work out why. I have copied extvsplit.dll and Port Splitter.exe, plus aygshell.dll and TOOLHELP.DLL into one directory. Port Splitter can then be run, but no COM ports appear in the drop down list until the application is reinstalled.

Why is this?

What modifications does the install process do? What files are copied where, registry entries changed?

Is there a way for Port Splitter to remember its configuration in between resets, as the PNDs destroy everything in \ back to the defaults after a reset.

Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2008 :  18:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that your pna restore windows folder to factory settings on every restart.

JAL
Go to Top of Page

navar

27 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2008 :  22:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ jaluna

yes, it does -- what does the Port Splitter install routine do, so that I can return it back to what it should be?
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2008 :  09:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Creates a key with the install path

HKLM,Software\JAL\%AppName%,InstallPath,0x00000000,%InstallDir%

and copy files to install dir

[Files.InstallDir]
"Port Splitter.exe",Port Splitter.exe
"extvsplit.dll",,,0x00000001

Umhh... this version does not use windows folder.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

navar

27 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2008 :  10:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, got it. The registry is not overwritten so all I did was change the registry key to point towards where I have Port Splitter.exe and extvsplit.dll which is in a directory that isn't overwritten. Fixed.

Go to Top of Page

Atmos

3 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  23:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible that there's an incompatibility between IGO8 and Port splitter?

This is my problem:

When I use the original GPS port of my PNA with Igo8 all run properly, when i use a virtual GPS port created by "port splitter" the GPS signal in IGO8 disconnects and reconnect continuously.

Someone had the same problem?

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

AXXES

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2008 :  12:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm using a Samsung Omnia i900 with windows mobile 6 and McGuider navigation and need the port splitter to communicate with the internal GPS receiver. All work fine, but I have two problems:
1. After switching off the Omnia, the port splitter (version for win 6) does not keep the settings, even with the autostart option checked and I have to input all variables again.

2. The port splitter does not recognize any com port if the phone feature on the Omni is switched off ( like in airplane mode).

Any solutions for those two (not big) problems?

Thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2008 :  14:15:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know if these device erase the registry in every shut-down?

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

AXXES

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2008 :  14:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jal,

No I don't know. I keeps most of the other settings alive.

Thanks

Ron
Go to Top of Page

cannondale

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2009 :  20:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JAL:

Hoping maybe you can help me. I'm trying to use port splitter on a PNA running Win CE 4.2 core. When I try to run it the error "Canmot find "Port Splitter" (or one of its components) is displayed. Are there dlls other than extvsplit.dll and aygshell.dll required?

Any help is appreciated

Cannondale
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2009 :  14:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

also

coredll.dll
commctrl.dll

(The version for mobile 2003)

Best regards,
JAL
Go to Top of Page

FFNick

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  01:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Pocket Loox N520 using WM5. Port splitter worked yesterday. Today I get "Unable to open input port" . Even after soft reset. No other program is running, still not working.

Port splitter worked yesterday. Installed portsplitter_mobile5_setup.zip Only portsplitter.exe and extvsplit.dll in \program files\Port Splitter folder.

Only Navigon and Wherigo find COM8 automatically where internal GPS is connected by operating system.

Any ideas how I fix this or remove registry change that port splitter has made. Great software.

Thanx
Nick

Pocket Loox N520
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  09:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

"Unable to open input port" means that:

1) the port does not exist
2) the port is already open by another application (most probably is this)

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

FFNick

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  10:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for quick reply.
That's what I thought. Hence stopping all other programs and only running Port Splitter, which is what I did.

Yet COM8 is GPS port. And satnav program Navigon autodetects COM8 and Wherigo finds COM8 also. But nothing else wants to use COM8.

I'm stuck. After soft reset still unable to open port with no programs running.

Any other suggestions? Your help greatly appreciated.
Nick

quote:

Hello,

"Unable to open input port" means that:

1) the port does not exist
2) the port is already open by another application (most probably is this)

Regards, JAL,

Pocket Loox N520
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  10:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very rare, maybe is busy by gps applet of Windows?

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

FFNick

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2009 :  20:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well today everything started working. Port splitter was able to share COM ports. Still have not worked out what happened. Did nothing. No reg edits. Nothing uninstalled. weird.

Thanx for you moral support. Was about to hard reset.
Nick

Pocket Loox N520

Edited by - FFNick on 11 janv. 2009 15:26:40
Go to Top of Page

FFNick

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2009 :  15:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found the answer to my problem with Windows Mobile 5 WM5 on Fujitsu Siemens Pocket PC LOOX N520.
This Dutch forum http://www.pocketinfo.nl/nieuws/hardware/4777/gerucht-pocket-loox-n560.html translated by Google says turn off Infra red before using internal GPS as same hardware channel, 12 mei 2005 entry. Also will save power by turning off IR. My original problem was COM8 as GPS hardware port was unable to be opened by Port Splitter, and so shared with other programs. It appears IR was conflicting with GPS. Turn off IR, now it works.
HTH
Nick

Pocket Loox N520
Go to Top of Page

LuluMOB

Romania
4 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  10:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody, hi Jaluna!
My device don't see the gps device. I couldn't set the correct parameters to port splitter, i guess.
I have a Majestic device, 320x240, Windows CE 5, GMXT 5.00.20, Port Splitter 1.20
My .mscr is
Errorlevel("warn")

If(WndExists("Garmin Mobile XT"))
	Show("Garmin Mobile XT")
	Exit
EndIf

#Hide Taskbar
#Run("\SDMMC\Garmin\RunGMXT\TaskbarHide.exe")

#Registry for Port Splitter
RegWriteString( "HKLM", "SOFTWARE\JAL\Port Splitter", "InstallPath", "\SDMMC\Garmin\RunGMXT" )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "SOFTWARE\JAL\Port Splitter", "MajorVersion", 1 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "Software\JAL\Port Splitter", "Split", 7 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "Software\JAL\Port Splitter", "Autostart", 1 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "Software\JAL\Port Splitter", "Baud", 11 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "Software\JAL\Port Splitter", "Port", 7 )

#Run Port Splitter if not exists
If(not ProcExists("Port Splitter.exe"))
	Run("\SDMMC\Garmin\RunGMXT\Port Splitter.exe")
	Sleep(500)
EndIf

#Copy previous stored settings to \Garmin
XCopy("SDMMC\Garmin\RunGMXT\Settings\*.*","\Garmin", TRUE)

#Run Garmin Mobile XT.
#This script will not go to the next command before que.exe completely shut down
RunWait("\SDMMC\Garmin\Apps\WM\que.exe")

#Save new settings back to SD Card
XCopy("\Garmin\*.*","\SDMMC\Garmin\RunGMXT\Settings", TRUE)

#Stop Port Splitter before killing it
#If the port splitting are not stopped before killing the process,
#it will not work again even you run Port Splitter again without soft reset
If(WndExists("Port Splitter V1.20"))
	#Stop button
	SendCommand("Port Splitter V1.20", 1010)
	Sleep(500)
	#Exit button
	SendCommand("Port Splitter V1.20", 2)
	Sleep(500)
EndIf

#Kill Port Splitter process
If(ProcExists("Port Splitter.exe"))
	Kill("Port Splitter.exe")
EndIf

#Clean all registry for Port Splitter
RegDeleteKey( "HKLM", "SOFTWARE\JAL", TRUE, TRUE )
RegDeleteKey( "HKCU", "Software\JAL", TRUE, TRUE )

#Show Taskbar
#Run("\SDMMC\Garmin\RunGMXT\TaskbarShow.exe")

I have tried many combinations of parameters. But still it is not clear for me the meaning of everyone.
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "Software\JAL\Port Splitter", "Split", 0 ) the port used by garmin to receive signal??
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "Software\JAL\Port Splitter", "Autostart", 1 ) seems autostart...
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "Software\JAL\Port Splitter", "Baud", 11 ) seems to be 11th value in the list
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "Software\JAL\Port Splitter", "Port", 7 ) the port used by gps device??

I have suppressed taskbar hiding to see how works port splitter. My device uses COM7 and 57600 speed, i'm quite sure because I have iGO8 which works perfectly. When I switch to port splitter, there is nothing selected in Output dropdown list. I can select manually COM3, 6, 8, 9 but not COM0. And it is not started.

Thanks for your patience!

Edit: with "Split" set to 2 and "Port" to 7 i get an error dialog window: Unable to SetMask on input port! Window title is "Test". Now in the output list I can find COM0 and if I manualy click start, it gives me that error.

Edited by - LuluMOB on 12 janv. 2009 10:29:21
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  10:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Lulu,

install version 1.30 and tell us

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

AXXES

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  11:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jal,

I have my Samsung Omnia i900 working and surprisingly according to all default settings ( Input Com3, 4800B, output com8, autostart yes) after a soft reset it just starting to work. The only thing is when the navigation software is not used and the port splitter is still active also after the Omnia has been switched off, it seems that the port splitter is very active and drains the battery very quickly, is this normal?

Thanks

Ron
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  12:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Ron,

portsplitter cannot run if the devices is Off, but think also que chipset gps consumes a lot of battery and you needs gps active for start porsplitter.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

LuluMOB

Romania
4 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  12:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, Jaluna!
I've downloaded the last version and now I got another error.
First when I started the program it was fine, the gps device was found on COM0 but no satellite signal. I've waited about 5 minutes, with iGO in 1 minute i have signal from 3 satelites.
Then, trying another combination I've got the error:

I've tried to reinstall both GMXT and PS 1.3 but I could'n manage to reproduce the first situation, working gps but no satellite signal.
If I put some bad values, PS doesn't start and GMXT doesn't crash (but no gps). Now with GMXT runing, if i swith to PS, select COM7, COM0 and start, GMXT crashes like in pictures.
I've tried to lunch simultaniously iGO8, it started and I could find GPS signal on COM0 instead COM7. Maybe it was then when I've crashed the sistem.

PS: Obs: The PS window still shows 1.2 version

Edited by - LuluMOB on 12 janv. 2009 12:33:41
Go to Top of Page

AXXES

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  12:30:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jal,

Sorry I did not express my self right, I ment the port splitter started automatically after switching on the device again and start to consume battery power.
Now it is clear to me that I have to exit the port splitter after switching the device on and not using the navigation software.

Thanks again and I'm happy it all works fine.

Ron
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  13:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Lulu,

as you already has noticed, this error becomes from "Garmin Mobile XT" program. (in the line 707 of "utl_cnv_time.c" source file). I cannot help you with that, you must search Garmin Mobile XT support.

Yes, there are a bug in the title, still said 1.20 but the last version was compiled to avoid this error (see last post of page 14 of this forum)

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  13:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ment the port splitter started automatically after switching on the device again and start to consume battery power.

Yes, but can uncheck "Autostart" to avoid that.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

LuluMOB

Romania
4 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  13:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much, Jal, for sharing your program and quick reply.
I will try again to install GMXT and PS again. But probably my device has some special features.
Anyhow, thanks for support.
Go to Top of Page

sas_sas

Turkey
14 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2009 :  19:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello Lulu,

install version 1.30 and tell us

Regards, JAL,

I can not find v1.3.. in the mentioned web page..

c520/ USA
Go to Top of Page

FreeAgent

Canada
157 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2009 :  19:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to try Port Splitter, but have a question. If I install it on my CE5.0 based PNA, is there an uninstall if I decide I don't really need it? If not, how would I remove it?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2009 :  20:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont' have PNA but I think in the same way than other program

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

FreeAgent

Canada
157 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2009 :  01:14:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I dont' have PNA but I think in the same way than other program

Regards, JAL,

What I meant - Can I just delete the files from the SD card (where I would install it) or are there entries left in the registry or elsewhere that I must remove. Or, does the install program have an un-install feature that takes care of any clean-up?

It was a Nokia GPS (PNA), but is now just a WinCE 5.0 PPC ;)
Go to Top of Page

paulguard

3 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2009 :  02:17:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jaluna, thanks for your useful program.
I am running it on a Samsung Omnia, and it works well except for the autostart function. After a soft reset it does not start, and does not remember my settings.
I note that Ron (AXXES) had the same problem on the Omnia but managed to get it to work?
I have downloaded the latest version from the gpsmeter.com site (says v1.2 on screen), is there a v1.3?
Thanks very much,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2009 :  09:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, sorry, last version always in my site. Under "Donwloads" there are still a old version. Portsplitter uses the registry to save settings (as autostart feature). Some phones does not allow to use the registry (due to security policies) and others devices (as PNA) erases the registry after each on/off of the device. I can try to solve this problem putting the settings into a .ini file.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

paulguard

3 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2009 :  23:32:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be great, thanks
Go to Top of Page

mhashmi

4 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2009 :  09:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jaluna!

Where can i get the latest version of PortSplitter.
Although the following link shows Version 1.3, but
it still downloads the older version.

http://www.gpsmeter.com/index.php?page=portsplitter
[Please copy the link & paste it into browser address bar]

regards,

mhashmi

Edited by - mhashmi on 04 févr. 2009 09:58:02
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2009 :  11:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, finally I have updated to 1.30

Moved the settings from registry to a file.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

mhashmi

4 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2009 :  12:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jaluna !

What location can I find the "ini" file after installation.

regards,

mhashmi
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2009 :  12:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the application path. It's not ini file, just 5 or 6 bytes in binary format.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

mhashmi

4 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2009 :  12:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If eveything works ok; i will have to install this utility on more than 200 hand held devices. Is there a way to automate the configuration process after installation on each device i.e. setting the input & output ports & selecting the AutoStart check box?

mhashmi
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2009 :  14:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easy, once you have configure in one device, copy the Settings.dat to the same folder in other devices.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

paulguard

3 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2009 :  02:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JAL,
Thanks for the new version of Portsplitter. It turns out that my problem was caused by the fact that I had never exited the program, so the settings.dat file and registry changes/ini file hadn't been written. Could you add a "save settings" button, or put it in a readme somewhere (maybe it is already!)
Thanks, Paul
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2009 :  09:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,

yes, correct, the settings are only saved on pressing "Exit"

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

StormyKnight

147 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2009 :  11:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jaluna, firstly thankyou for your program, it indirectly has solved an issue I'm having trying to get the time from a GPS & then setting the time on my PNA...

I have written a mortscript script to poll the com port, look for a valid time & then update the time...
The script & forum can be found here...

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=122593

The issue I have is that unless I use a port splitter, my script never gets the updated time from the GPS...it can read the NMEA sentances but the GPS for some reason never gets a lock...its as if the GPS is waiting for my script to do something so that it tries to find the satellites...

I'd appreciate any ideas as to why my script is failing without the port splitter.

Thankyou for your time
Stormy

Mio Moov 300 AU (Cobia_400_64_AU) Mio Pocket V3.0 R51 SD Install
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2009 :  12:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello StormyKnight,

not sure, but may be, your engine it's desgined to read serial ports by firing events that are not sent by serial port driver of Mio.

By the way, portsplitter, already creates a shortcut on Startup folder. In other words "Autostart" function means "configure and start splitter automatically on each launch or after a softreset"

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

StormyKnight

147 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2009 :  00:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I a new theory of why my script is failing....
Your program reads the input com port buffer faster than it can fill up...correct? It does this constantly, irrelavent of any device connected to the output ports correct?

My script is too slow to read that amount of data directly so, the data in the buffer is old & my script will never catch up. However if I use the port splitter, it gets fresh data whenever it reads.....

Does this sound likely as to the cause of my trouble?

Do you have a suggestion on how to avoid this using a slow script language as I am? Is there someway to flush the port directly that you know of?

I appreciate this has little to do with your program & its development...but thankyou again for your time. If I have further questions I will post in the general forum...

Stormy

Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2009 :  09:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StormyKnight

Thanks, I a new theory of why my script is failing....
Your program reads the input com port buffer faster than it can fill up...correct? It does this constantly, irrelavent of any device connected to the output ports correct?

Of course, it's correct.

quote:

My script is too slow to read that amount of data directly so, the data in the buffer is old & my script will never catch up. However if I use the port splitter, it gets fresh data whenever it reads.....

Does this sound likely as to the cause of my trouble?

The best is to make some log of what your script is reading from port. This will help you a lot to fix the problem.

quote:

Do you have a suggestion on how to avoid this using a slow script language as I am? Is there someway to flush the port directly that you know of?

I'm sorry but I don't have experience with scripts languages. Portsplitter is coded directly with Windows API, don't use any wrapper or framework. It's very fast in execution.

quote:

I appreciate this has little to do with your program & its development...but thankyou again for your time. If I have further questions I will post in the general forum...

Stormy

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

WallyCZ

6 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2009 :  14:13:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello JAL,

do you think that it should be able to add some small option for logging transfered data into file? I already tried some loggers, but they dont work on my PNA (Mio).

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2009 :  15:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello WallyCZ,

I'm not interested in this feature because I wish to let the file's size as small as possible.

For this specific function, I believe that you can find a lot of programs.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

StormyKnight

147 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2009 :  01:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks jaluna, have you thought of changing your taskbar icon to indicate a connection with data.....much like another well known port splitter? It can be handy to see that things are working as expected.

Thanks....
PS I think I found my issue with mortscript, on every read of the port it resets the com port & as such the GPS also resets, the port splitter stops that from happening.

Go to Top of Page

mhashmi

4 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2009 :  07:51:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jaluna !

Thanks a lot for your quick help with the new "Settings.dat" file. Its perfect now. Cheers !

mhashmi
Go to Top of Page

eugeneflim

25 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2009 :  21:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For all of you having problems with GPS on WinCE:
New version of port splitter (1.3) saves settings not in registry but in settings.dat file. So, run the file first from GUI (not the script), and set everything the way you want. On my Moov, I set input port as com2, 57600, Autostart. Then Com0 as Output. Start, and EXIT!
This creates the file. I then checked to make sure that settings.dat is in RunGMXT directory, and modified Garmin.mscr as following:

Errorlevel("warn")

If(WndExists("Garmin Mobile XT"))
Show("Garmin Mobile XT")
Exit
EndIf

#Run Port Splitter if not exists
If(not ProcExists("Port Splitter.exe"))
Run(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"Port Splitter.exe")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

#Run Garmin Mobile XT.
#This script will not go to the next command before que.exe completely shut down
RunWait(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"..\Apps\WM\que.exe")

#Stop Port Splitter before killing it
#If the port splitting are not stopped before killing the process,
#it will not work again even you run Port Splitter again without soft reset
If(WndExists("Port Splitter V1.30"))
#Stop button
SendCommand("Port Splitter V1.30", 1010)
Sleep(500)
#Exit button
SendCommand("Port Splitter V1.30", 2)
Sleep(500)
EndIf

#Kill Port Splitter process
If(ProcExists("Port Splitter.exe"))
Kill("Port Splitter.exe")
EndIf

This now works fine!
Go to Top of Page

tobbbie

Germany
38 Posts

Posted - 23 févr. 2009 :  15:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just installed 1.30 for wm5 smartphone on my HTC S710 and - contrary to 1.10 - it does not work any longer. I have debuged the resons to be the following:

1.) The installer puts the file "extvsplit.dll" to the directory where also "Port Splitter SP.exe" is put, it is "\Program Files".
-> following Windows conventions the application should have an own directory there, i.e. "\Program Files\Port Splitter SP" or on card "\Storage Card\Program Files\Port Splitter SP"
-> device drivers are usually put in the "\windows" folder

2.) Calling the application via the .lnk will create ports in the registry
HKLM\Drivers\extvsplit3 (up to -8). All those reference the driver to be at "\extvsplit.dll".
-> the driver is however not there (see 1.) older versions create a link to just "extvsplit.dll" (mind the missing "\").

3.) The settings file is created in the root of the device i.e. "\".
-> this should be in the application directory (see suggestion in 1.)

All over it can be made working by just moving "extvsplit.dll" to the device-root, but this is a nasty place to put it.

Can you please update the installer + application to behave like a normal Windows Smartphone application:
1.) Installer: install to an own directory (care for device and storage card paths)
2.) Installer: install driver to \windows
3.) Application: create ports referencing the correct locations in the registry
4.) Application: create the settings.dat in the application folder

Thanks for this great tool!

bye
tobbbie
:-)

P.S.: On the smartphone you cannot select the input port (no clue why) - you have to enter it manually. Could you remember the last one entered and insert it there when starting up? It would also be helpfull to remember the split ports and insert them immediately (if they are free). This could make activation much easier.

P.P.S.: I noticed that over time that portsplitter.exe moves itself to foreground - is this on purpose? I would prefer it to stay in background if possible.

Edited by - tobbbie on 23 févr. 2009 16:01:43
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2009 :  12:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello tobbbie,

I think that you have installed in the root. Please, make a test: remove all and reinstall in a give folder.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2009 :  12:35:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello tobbbie,

you are right, SP WM5 have a bug. I will solve.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

tobbbie

Germany
38 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2009 :  13:31:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SP WM5 is also for SP on WM6 and WM6.1 I suspect - have not found an other version :-)

Edited by - tobbbie on 24 févr. 2009 13:31:48
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2009 :  14:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, this problem only affects to smartphone version (CE and touchscreen are ok)

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

iztoogood

96 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2009 :  17:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hye,
congratulation for port splitter, it's very usefull on omnia !
is there a way to save settings but activing the autostart option ?
in the registry or in a file conf ...
or to give start options arguments in a shortcut..

Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2009 :  18:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello iztoogood,

the settings are saved under "settings.dat" file, at same folder than executable.

1) Configure input port and output port
2) Press start to confirm configuration is correct
3) Press stop.
4) Check "Autostart" box
5) Press exit to close portsplitter.

Next time portsplitter will load and apply the saved settings.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

tobbbie

Germany
38 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2009 :  19:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The smartphone version has no retrieval of the saved settings, or? I have not yet noticed that settings are remembered.
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 01 mars 2009 :  14:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi tobbbie,

I have updated today portsplitter (all versions), I hope to have fixed the problem with smartphone version. Please, confirm me

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

tobbbie

Germany
38 Posts

Posted - 01 mars 2009 :  18:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JAL,

...thanks for your prompt correction :-)

Now the behaviour is as expected, it installs in the right directory (checked the device install) and all ports are available in the output selection box.

Still the problem seems to be on smartphone that the input port cannot be selected by pulldown list. The input port is stored in the settings.dat (and excluded from the output list) - but you can't see or select it. It has always been like this on smartphone - and for my occasional use its ok.

Also like before, the output ports are not remembered as well. They are also not stored in the settings.dat, so I suspect this is intended.

Is there any option to start portsplitter with command line options on the smartphone version? I'd like to have my defaults in:com6 out:com7 + com8 for BT GPS or in:com3 out:com7 + com8 for virtualGPS at hand without a lot of driving around the menus.

Thanks again for this great little utility!

bye
tobbbie
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 01 mars 2009 :  20:31:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try to write under input port the name as "Com3", then do the 5 steps of my previous post. This must save the settings.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

tobbbie

Germany
38 Posts

Posted - 01 mars 2009 :  21:18:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no "autostart box" in the smartphone version :-(
Settings are saved on exit, but the output ports are not leaving a trace in the hex-data, only the sequence-number of the speed-setting and the input port is stored there (but input port is not selected upon restart of portsplitter).
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2009 :  20:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello tobbbie,

ok, I have forgotten this... I think that in previous post the autostart button was removed, not remember why now... I have updated again only SP version. For simplicity, It will use always the autostart feature. Please test.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

tobbbie

Germany
38 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2009 :  22:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES - it works! THANK YOU :-)
Input and output are stored and restored automatically upon new start, GREAT.
thanks + bye
tobbbie
Go to Top of Page

musky

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2009 :  20:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi:
I am pulling my hair out trying to install PortSplitter to my HP iPaq 310.

I downloaded the latest WinCE 5.0 PortSplitter cab file, psce5.CE5_ARM.cab to the iPAQ and ran it from the iPAQ. I installed to the \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\OS\GAMES folder. I now have a folder called \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\OS\GAMES\Port Splitter. When I run Port Splitter I get the error message: Cannot find 'Port Splitter" (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available" <- (just love this message; what component is it looking for!!!)

the folder contains 2 files: Port Splitter.exe and extvsplit.dll

Reading back through this huge thread, I ran into some specualtion that spaces are not allowed, so I tried removing the spaces in the file path and filename, and then hacked the registry JAL entries to get the spaces out of there too, but that didn't work. Then, thinking that the problem was that the .dll was not found, I tried making copies of extvsplit.dll in the Windows root folder. this does not work.

Anyway, my first question would be, can somebody please give me a step by step tutorial on installing PortSplitter to the HP iPAQ 310? It would be most appreciated.

My second question would be how to hack myself out of the evidently botched installation I have here.
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2009 :  20:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, it's a problem of dll missing. We have talked about it in previous pages of this thread. they are aygshell.dll, coredll.dll and commctrl.dll. If some of these files are missing in your system, you will got this error message. There are also a link to hack the missing files.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

musky

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2009 :  21:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jal:
Thanks for the reply!
I searched back through this thread and found on page 16, your post of 1/5/2009 which mentions the missing dll's. I could not find a link in a subsequent post as to a link to a hack to install these dll's.

Are these WinCE system DLL's that are missing? Where might I find these dll's? Do I need a specific version of the dll's? Where do I place the dll's?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

musky

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2009 :  21:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update....
I found some random aygshell.dll on the Internet, and placed it in the PortSplitter folder, and now PortSplitter works. The UI is kinda goofy, I guess it's because of whatever aygshell I have, but PortSplitter does work. So, a word to the wise.... IF YOU INSTALL PORTSPLITTER ON AN HP IPAQ 310, YOU NEED TO ADD AYGSHELL.DLL TO YOUR INSTALL FOLDER.
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2009 :  22:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, be caution, see here http://www.wincesoft.de/html/body_ppc_apps_on_hpc_s.html

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

musky

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2009 :  22:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks JAL, the whole PPC, Handheld PC, CE, Mobile, etc, is very confusing to sort, that's a helpful link.

Now I can get back to my problem, which is, I am writing a WinCE app that needs to use the GPS on the HP iPAQ 310. I originally did not want to crosspost, but here is my problem:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=123752

I wanted to see if PortSplitter would "abstract" the COM port so my problem would go away. This is not the case. My code still does not work with PortSplitter in the chain. I am really quite stuck on this. My GPS interface works well on other platforms, and it works well on the iPAQ if I use an external Bluetooth GPS. It is something with the internal GPS that is tripping me up. It is supposed to be standard NMEA. Maybe there is a "wake-up" command that has to be sent to the GPS. Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited by - musky on 07 mars 2009 20:15:12
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2009 :  07:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But you can confirm if portsplitter works with another program in 310? This can help me to help you.

Have a nice week-end.

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

musky

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2009 :  14:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JAL:
Yes, Port Splitter works fine with SirfTech. I redirect to COM0, and set SirfTech to COM0 and it works fine.

Are you using C or C++ and the standard API's in your code? Are you using the "typical" CreateFile(),GetCommState(),SetCommState() sequence? Or are you using CE.Net code or something else. My code works great on a Dell Axim v51v.

Basically, I can open the port successfully, but I simply do not receive any characters from the GPS!

UPDATE: After much investigation, it appears the problem is ClearCommError() is always returning 0 in cbInQue! I think it's a bug in the serial driver. I've worked around that problem and am now running. (I figured it had to be something unique I was doing, since other apps are working)

Edited by - musky on 07 mars 2009 22:00:47
Go to Top of Page

jaluna

148 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2009 :  22:11:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again musky,

yes, I use the standard win32 apis that you have mentioned. Of course, that the ce 5 version is linked against this sdk.

Well, after your update, seems that you have solved the problem. Congratulations!

Regards, JAL,
Go to Top of Page

musky

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2009 :  13:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know much about the code for a port splitter program, but I assume you must have to hook in at the driver level, right? I also assume you must "pass on" calls to the comm API. So if an app calls ClearCommError with a particular handle, the port splitter software must "reflect" that call to the actual port, or something like that. I suppose any bugs in the lower level serial driver are then just passed along, right?
Go to Top of Page

marcogig

11 Posts

Posted - 15 mars 2009 :  11:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

Thanks to port Splitter,I can ,finally (...) ,use TOM TOM V6 on my SAMSUNG I900 Omnia ( Orange Fr ROM)...Great great tool
My only issue is that ,due to AGPS (that I cannot disconnect on this ROM version) ,the phone connects on regular basis (several times a day ) to internet through 3G to update satellite positions ( I guess)
If I see it,I can stop the connection,but if I don't see it, the connection remains active....
It's an issue especially for battery impact,and on costs (when abroad...)
Would it be possible to include in the soft an autodisconnect after update achieved option,and options to enable/unable AGPS update (or schedule it (once a day,a week...)

Thank you for your help

Marcogig

Marcogig
Eten x500
Version FRA 032 0273
Go to Top of Page

cguilhim

Portugal
22 Posts

Posted - 17 mars 2009 :  13:58:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.
I have a Asus P535 wm6 and i have a problem using port splitter.
I installed port splitter and it works. I add Com 0, Com3 and Com5. If I run, say, Beelinegps on Com0 and if I try to put Ozice on Com3 beelineGps closes itself. And if I open Tomtom it closes Ozice. And so on.
I can not keep two programs running at the same time.
And I'm using about 29 Mb Rom free.
It seems to be something on wm6.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Cguilhim

Asus P535 Wm6
Go to Top of Page

spearo

Poland
6 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2009 :  17:37:45  Show Profile  Visit spearo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
A possibility of using Port Splitter via Active Sync would be great.
And a small aplication for laptop.
Not all of us have Bluetooth in pocketpc
I think,such possibility is provided by GPSGate.

Edited by - spearo on 29 mars 2009 17:38:55
Go to Top of Page

FFNick

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2009 :  21:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spearo

Hi,
A possibility of using Port Splitter via Active Sync would be great.
And a small application for laptop.
Not all of us have Bluetooth in pocketpc
I think, such possibility is provided by GPSGate.

Have you tried GPS2blue which will work over an IP connection?

A free port sharer for Windows 32 bit became available in March 2009. Free Virtual Serial Ports Emulator by Eterlogic Software can share one COM port between several programs like excellent Port Splitter. Only any use if you can connect your GPS to Win32bit. Getting off topic.

Pocket Loox N520

Edited by - FFNick on 01 avr. 2009 22:15:14
Go to Top of Page

kdol

2 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2009 :  13:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, thanks for a super utility works fine.
This is on a Navigo but having loaded via the V1.31 .cab file there is no settings.dat so each time port splitter is started settings need to be reconfigured.
The 3 dlls mentioned in earlier messages are present in the windows ce 5 folder.

Also, it would be good if port splitter could start up automatically on reboot.

assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

SeaComms

1 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2009 :  11:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JAL, brilliant little program. Has finally allowed me to get TT6 running on my new Samsung Omnia i900.

I am running version 1.31, but have noticed an anomoly (or at least I think it is an anomoly).

If I enter the settings, click autostart and turn it on, then turn it off, then hit exit, all is good. Next time I start the program it flashes up momentarily and turns itself on with the correct settings then dissapears off the screen again.

If however, I then open it again, turn off the auto start feature and exit, all other settings are lost next time I reopen. So I guess what I am asking, is it supposed to only save the settings if the autostart option is ticked?

By the way, did I say brilliant little program?? :)

Cheers, Dave.
Go to Top of Page

Pis

12 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2009 :  12:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hallo,

gibt es Port Splitter fuer PC?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05