Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 [SINGLE TOPIC] Mio C710 (Europe) - TMC - v3.2
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2006 :  11:42:21  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, miomio, you are right about the exit error. It is great to be able to get this DATA.zip that someone has put a lot of time and effort into. Just curious about the cause of the error.

But the TMC error is something everyone get?

I will try original, clean, DATA.zip together with the hack and your changes and see what happens.

TomTom 930T and TomTom ONE owner
Go to Top of Page

S81

23 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2006 :  11:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
miomio... This DAta file... does it change the selected language? I mean... If I select "spanish"... will allñ this new features be compatible with spanish language??
Go to Top of Page

miomio

26 Posts

Posted - 29 sept. 2006 :  10:46:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry, no idea about that .
G'Luck
Go to Top of Page

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 29 sept. 2006 :  11:26:48  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
S81, I have not seen any signs showing it to be language dependent.

Completely different matter: yesterday I managed to make another "keyboard" for entering POI names. Can't believe how easy it is to get the Swedish characters (åäö) in there.

/Michael

Go to Top of Page

mattiasw

3 Posts

Posted - 30 sept. 2006 :  15:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelLegner
Completely different matter: yesterday I managed to make another "keyboard" for entering POI names. Can't believe how easy it is to get the Swedish characters (åäö) in there.

How did you do that? Can you post the file?
Go to Top of Page

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 30 sept. 2006 :  16:26:06  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just edited the keyboard.ini file in the config directory (DATA.zip).

Added this text to the file:

[panel]
name="QWEÅÄÖ"
layer="ui_kbd_qwerty"
type=3
keys="QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNMÅåÄäÖöÜü"

That's it actually!

/MIchael

Go to Top of Page

MioC210user

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 02 oct. 2006 :  09:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know where I can get an update/hack for my C210 to get the TMC working? It's running V3.0 and Mio product support are less use than a chocolate tea pot - even though they have the cheek to use a premium rate telephone number (the only alternative is e-mail - which they ignore)

MioC210user
Go to Top of Page

Barisart

2 Posts

Posted - 04 oct. 2006 :  14:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MioC210user

Does anybody know where I can get an update/hack for my C210 to get the TMC working?

I was in contact with the Mio support and they said that version 3.2 will be available soon in them webpage. With that version TMC should work but never know...
Go to Top of Page

Barisart

2 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2006 :  10:32:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barisart

quote:
Originally posted by MioC210user

Does anybody know where I can get an update/hack for my C210 to get the TMC working?

I was in contact with the Mio support and they said that version 3.2 will be available soon in them webpage. With that version TMC should work but never know...

Update 3.2 is available in MioClub!
Go to Top of Page

Lupe0

Finland
5 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2006 :  11:27:23  Show Profile  Visit Lupe0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barisart
Update 3.2 is available in MioClub!

Nice! Just downloading it and uploading it to device. Someone said that it took 1h10mins. Hopefully it will improve something. ;)

Mio's server, where the update is, seems pretty crowded.

Btw. What is the easiest way to add POI's at the moment?

Edited by - Lupe0 on 05 oct. 2006 11:30:13
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2006 :  13:54:28  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
POIexplorer Beta will do that for you.

You can also download the v3.2 update with this application : http://www.mio-tech.be/mioclub/update/MioMapV3Updater.msi

They are making new maps available, but they must be bug fixes because the date is still TeleAtlas 2006.1

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2006 :  14:02:47  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The map part of the update seems very small, so I guess it is just bug fixes as you write. But what kind of bug fixes? Does TeleAtlas release that kind of small packages or is there something in the map package that Mio is responsible for? One can only guess.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2006 :  14:26:25  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very small ? That's for France only and it's the full map, I had moved out the other maps previously. I think it's the same maps that were reprocessed by iGo, possibly to fix the use of dirt roads in some parts of Europe.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2006 :  14:32:29  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooops! I thought that was the complete European map patch!

Go to Top of Page

ncddcn

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2006 :  08:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just tried to update my C710 to v3.1 via MioMap updater. Takes ages (hours even with fast broadband) to run. Completes with a Successful message but as soon as I start Miomap it crashes on the Great Britain file.

I have had to restore from CD to v3.0. I've emailed Miotech. Lets see if they will answer for a change! I don't want to pay their 0.35p per min support telephone charge!

Any others with experience of problems running the update?

Regards,

ncddcn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05