Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 www.POInUSA.com - Sharing Custom POIs
 Custom POI "Collections"
 Harley Davidson
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12 juin 2006 :  04:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Harley Davidson

Last Update: 21 Jan 2012
Number of POIs: 889
Coverage : USA, CANADA
Available Format(s): GPX
Download Link: H-D_POIs_12_Jan21.zip

Harley-Davidson POI file updated 21 Jan 2012. (H-D_POIs_12_Jan21.zip)
It is in GPX format that is Garmin compatible.

***Caution Quest 2 users*** There is a limit of 500 POIs that can be loaded in the Quest 2. Do not try to load the gpx file. I do not support that GPS. No other GPS devices have reported problems.
File now includes pre-compiled gpi file for WhereTo? Menu (only one allowed) to use instead of POI Loader. Just drop gpi file into POI folder on compatible GPS. Works with Z66x, does not work with Z550.

Edited by - dave817 on 23 janv. 2012 15:28:24

Ads

raaaaaa

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2006 :  04:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey this is great. GPSpassion still has the old one can you email this to please. I am going to sturgis this year and would love the updated version thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2006 :  11:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I put a standardised presentation. Could you fill the number of POIs by states?

There are some problems with your csv files. PoiEdit cannot open them. There are some CR (carriage return) in address.

Jean
Team GpsPasSion - Moderator

Edited by - jlb on 05 juil. 2006 13:24:19
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2006 :  02:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlb

I put a standardised presentation. Could you fill the number of POIs by states?

There are some problems with your csv files. PoiEdit cannot open them. There are some CR (carriage return) in address.

There is no problem with this csv file. It loads in the Garmin units. It has 4-line addresses with phone#'s for every dealer and needs the imbeded CR fields to display properly.

I left email for the PoiEdit author that their software is broken, as it does not handle CR's imbeded within quoted fields. Use Excel, it is smart enough to accept these fields as is. Make sure to save it back as a csv file for your GPS to understand.

If you are trying to standardize so that other GPS brands can use it, check to see if they work with imbeded CR's.

If you need this file organized by state for smaller GPS units, again, use Excel to modify your version. After using it on a cross country trip, I want to combine all the US, Canada and Mexico, as there are too many buttons to push at 80mph to find the nearest dealer.

If I didn't answer your questions, please try rephrasing your needs, as the English isn't too clear to me. Sorry.
Dave

Edited by - dave817 on 12 juil. 2006 02:15:46
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2006 :  02:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raaaaaa

hey this is great. GPSpassion still has the old one can you email this to please. I am going to sturgis this year and would love the updated version thanks in advance

My message above has a download link. Check to see if it downloads for you.

See ya in Sturgis. Black Road King w/Posse Ride star on back of right bag.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

raaaaaa

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2006 :  00:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave817

quote:
Originally posted by raaaaaa

My message above has a download link. Check to see if it downloads for you.

See ya in Sturgis. Black Road King w/Posse Ride star on back of right bag.
Dave

We will be there Pearl White Fatboy with grey flames

Go to Top of Page

florida1

179 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2006 :  05:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent work Dave!

Have a great time in Sturgis you lucky dog.
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 30 sept. 2006 :  15:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

H-D_POIs_Sep_06.zip is now in a protected directory.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 31 déc. 2006 :  09:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link and first post updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2007 :  22:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817
Your Harley Davidson POI is great.It will be handy to have when on a trip. I work at Fox Harley Davidson in Owen Sound Ontario Canada. As you said some of the Canadian addresses may be incorrect as it is in our case. It seems that the Postal Code listed is for our mailing address and not our physical address. It should be N4K 5N6. We are on the North East corner of Highway 6/10 and Story Book Park Road. Position as by my Garmin Zumo 550 is N44 32.406 W80 55.269. Thanks again for all your work on putting this together.
DXTR
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2007 :  10:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DXTR,
Sorry I just saw this. It will be in the next release, probably the 2nd week of April.

Would you get someone from your dealership to contact H-D about the database for the Find Dealership online search? That is where I get my information. I would guess that since they published the US dealerships' GPS coordinates this year and they are updating many of the Canadian dealership addresses that next year yours will have a GPS coordinate published also.

Both Microsoft MapPoint and Garmin MapSource see your location as:
123003 Story Book Park Rd, Georgian Highlands,ON N0H

If this is incorrect, you need to contact Navteq at:
http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/
and report the discrepancy. Within 2 years the Navteq data should make it down to the GPS and mapping software manufacturers and get to the consumers. (And this is the modern computer age!)
Thanks for the update, Dave.
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2007 :  20:37:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Jean
Go to Top of Page

florida1

179 Posts

Posted - 10 mars 2007 :  15:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Thanks for keeping the HD dealership POI list updated.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2007 :  00:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hidave871- i have a garmin 2730 will it take the hd points of intrest download? i tried to open the download on my desttop but could not. what program opens it and is it easy to install ? thank you ,,,,my face
Go to Top of Page

BobM

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2007 :  02:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave817

Here's a correction for your datbase:
Cameron's Cycle, Perth is actually at:

Mapsource/Navteq also show it in the wrong place as it doesn't have a "real" street address and use the Postal Code (so it puts it at the same location as Woody's KTM about 1 km away on Concession Rd 5).

Bob
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2007 :  23:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Bob. For some reason your message didn't get forwarded through email to me. Now that I've got it, I will correct the data and include it in the next update.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2007 :  23:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Spaces replaced by underline characters in filename.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

florida1

179 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2007 :  21:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Job. thanks again Dave for keeping this valuable list up to date. Much appreciated !!!
Go to Top of Page

tcfamy

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11 juin 2007 :  14:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

First -- Thanks for the great support for this POI list. Do you have a translation/loading procedure for the Garmin Ique 3600? I am taking my first tour using the PDa, rather than the old GPSV and I can't seem to find a way to load the list in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Tom
Go to Top of Page

JerseyT

1 Posts

Posted - 14 juin 2007 :  03:28:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I'm new to the world of GPS and just found this site today. Excellent job you've done here! Was able to load the file into my new Zumo without too much trouble. Works great! Thx!
Go to Top of Page

bubtrauma

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2007 :  18:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave will the data work with my Magellen 2200T

Thanx in advance
Go to Top of Page

kajabi69

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 28 juin 2007 :  18:30:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i have just bought a Garmin Quest 2, Will the Harley davidson POIs download work on this unit i was told ther may be a problem .
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 24 août 2007 :  07:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bubtrauma

Dave will the data work with my Magellen 2200T

The Magellan owner that I worked with in the past found that only 30-character description fields are accepted by Magellan. Try the free version of GPSU to convert one of my state .gpx files to a Magellan format. If that works, you can buy the version that will convert the 947 dealer version or convert one state at a time.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 24 août 2007 :  07:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The current version link will be updated by the administrator soon. The H-D_POIs_07_Aug.zip contains over 50 updates. The HOG Manual coordinates were checked against my data and many users gave me updates that they discovered. (Thanks!)
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 24 août 2007 :  07:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kajabi69

Hi i have just bought a Garmin Quest 2, Will the Harley Davidson POIs download work on this unit i was told there may be a problem.

There is a bug in either the Quest 2 or POI Loader where the full 947 POI list will lock up the Quest 2. The readme.txt included in the archive includes instructions on loading a few states at a time into the Quest 2 to avoid this problem until Garmin identifies and corrects it.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 24 août 2007 :  08:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Classic06

2 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  12:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to Change the name on the GPS (Zumo 550) From Custom POIs to Harley Davidson Dealers?
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2008 :  22:08:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Custom POIs is a fixed name of the category by Garmin. If you put another .gpx and .bmp pair in the same folder as that where POILoader gets your Harley POIs, you will have two Custom POI names show up when you select Custom POIs. But be frugal with what POIs you load. Many Chain Stores, Restaurants, Lodging, etc. are built into the Garmin database installed in your Zumo.

Edited by - dave817 on 05 janv. 2008 22:09:06
Go to Top of Page

Classic06

2 Posts

Posted - 07 janv. 2008 :  05:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the response. I guess you are right, I will be frugal
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2008 :  05:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jean,
I uploaded the latest update: H-D_POIs_07_Dec.zip
Would you administer as needed?
Thanks,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2008 :  09:17:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Deerhead

67 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2008 :  16:07:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, Jean
I want to thank both of you for the hard work that you do that do in keeping these data and forum current and available to us computer challanged users. AND if it helps one of us get off the couch and participate in the many kinds of activities available from these data I sure it is worth it.

Thanks,
Robert
Go to Top of Page

holdergp

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2008 :  14:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, does the Garmin Zumo 550 recognize the .gpx file on the SD card? I downloaded the .CSV file last night and the unit did not recognize this file. Garmin does not have much knowledge at tech support on these SD card issues and files from third parties. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

mtluvtap

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2008 :  03:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-you very much dave817 ! Followed the link from CVOHarley to this thread and downloaded the HD POI for my new Zumo 550. Worked perfectly. Thanks again.

"No Packed Snow... Mount up and GO"
Go to Top of Page

kirkelli

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  06:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

DAVE,

I installed your Harley Davidson Dealership with POI loader and choose to save the POI files into Mapsource. POI loader seemed to work but when i open Mapsource I do not see any of the Harley POI's i loaded. Did i do somthing wrong? can you help me

thanks

kirk
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  08:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by holdergp

Dave, does the Garmin Zumo 550 recognize the .gpx file on the SD card? I downloaded the .CSV file last night and the unit did not recognize this file. Garmin does not have much knowledge at tech support on these SD card issues and files from third parties. Thanks.

You must load POIs with POI Loader. Don't try putting them on your SD card. That's for music, photos and data backups. The Zumo should not use the .CSV file. These newer Garmin units prefer .GPX files with XML extensions where the address and phone # are uniquely identified.
With the latest H-D_POIs_08_May.zip, point POI Loader to the H-D_POIs_All folder. That way, your Zumo can dial your Bluetooth cellphone by pushing the dial button on the GPS. Sure beats trying to dial with gloves on!

Edited by - dave817 on 14 mai 2008 08:05:44
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  08:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kirkelli

I installed your Harley Davidson Dealership with POI loader and choose to save the POI files into Mapsource. POI loader seemed to work but when i open Mapsource I do not see any of the Harley POI's i loaded. Did i do somthing wrong? can you help me.

1. Point POI Loader to H-D_POIs_All folder.
2. Let POI Loader load to the GPS. That installs them on the GPS.
3. If you also want to see them in MapPoint or use them for PC routing, merely load H-D_POIs_All\H-D_POIs_All.gpx into MapSource. But do not Save! You must use Save As and put your routes somewhere else.
4. If you just want a couple of POI Dealerships in your MapSource Route file, Open a second execution of MapSource and copy and paste the Waypoints (as MapSource calls them) from the H-D_POIs_All.gpx into your blank MapPoint execution. Add your routes and Save as a .gdb file. When you go to download this .GDB file to your GPS, uncheck the Waypoint button or you will have both a POI and a Favorite for each H-D dealer you re-download.
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  10:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Link updated.

Jean
Team GpsPasSion Administrator
Go to Top of Page

harleyjof

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2008 :  08:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, very pleased to be here from the uk have downloaded the europe POI HD dealers which is excelent on to my garmin zumo.
Just wondering if any one can point me in the direction to obtain the HD bar & shield logo as an icon on the screen, at the present time the location comes up as a black dot.
Many thanks and kind regards from Harley jof.
Go to Top of Page

andyb99

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2008 :  14:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll send you file. Don't know how to attach to this response.
Andy
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2008 :  14:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

You can upload you POIs using this method:
1. Make a zip of your file and call it USERNAME_POICATEGORYNAME.zip (avoid spaces)
1. Send your zip file here: http://www.gpspassion.com/_safileup1e.asp
2. File will be in http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/USERNAME_POICATEGORYNAME.zip
3. You can link it with this code (remove the blanks)
[ url="http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/USERNAME_POICATEGORYNAME.zip" ]POICATEGORY[ /url]

Jean
Team GpsPasSion Administrator

Go to Top of Page

phild44

2 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  17:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your ReadMe file says that there are 971 POIs in the H-D_Dealeres_All.xls file. The file only has 961. Was the 971 a typo? Thanks for putting this together. I use it all the time.
Phil
Go to Top of Page

electarick

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2008 :  16:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone here at this time?
Go to Top of Page

phild44

2 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2008 :  22:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes?
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2008 :  19:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phild44

Your ReadMe file says that there are 971 POIs in the H-D_Dealeres_All.xls file. The file only has 961. Was the 971 a typo? Thanks for putting this together. I use it all the time.
Phil

Previously there were 971, but I removed the POIs for dealerships in Mexico. My maps and tools are not adequate and the addresses are unclear to support them properly. I will update the count for the mid June update. So far there have been 10 updates thanks to you users.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Durango

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 09 juin 2008 :  04:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, my Garmin nuvi 780 does have bluetooth cellphone capability, so after I uploaded your H-D Dealers-All folder, I could indeed phone a dealer almost hands-free. Unfortunately, of the many custom POI files (gpx and csv) I downloaded to my GPS, yours was the only one that was recognized in bluetooth mode. All the other POI's appeared in name only - when I touched a POI to activate it, I got the error message NO MATCHES FOUND. I did not have this problem when I was in non-bluetooth mode, although some of the POI's did not have phone numbers.

Please help me understand why your excellent POI file is the only one that works properly in bluetooth mode. That way, maybe I can understand what to look for when I download other POI files.

Thank you in advance...

Durango ('03 Heritage Softail Classic)

Durango
Go to Top of Page

Stormcal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 13 juin 2008 :  13:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks man. I use a Nuvi 350 between my car and my Harley. This is going to be a great feature on long trips, especially with riding season coming up.

I sure could have used this a few weeks ago.

Thanks,

Norm
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2008 :  21:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Durango

Dave, my Garmin nuvi 780 does have bluetooth cellphone capability, so after I uploaded your H-D Dealers-All folder, I could indeed phone a dealer almost hands-free.

Please help me understand why your excellent POI file is the only one that works properly in bluetooth mode. That way, maybe I can understand what to look for when I download other POI files.

Thanks, Durango. There is a learning curve on how to make POI files using Garmin's extended address format that includes an identifiable phone # field. You cannot recognize ones done properly from the outside. MapSource doesn't show these fields either.

1. The POI files must be .gpx format. .csv files must be converted to .gpx
2. Rather than trying to manually fix POI files to look like mine, go to http://geepeeex.googlepages.com/ and download that program. You can copy the phone# from the comment section of your POIs to the phone# section and your Garmin will recognize them.
3. Almost all internal Garmin POIs already have the phone# correctly configured. While having a Custom POI group of WalMart might be useful, a search for the nearest WalMart will usually give you the nearest one with a dialable phone#.

If you want to know more about the .gpx format, look in the help file for POI Loader. These fields are described well there. Then look at my file with a text editor and you will see them in action.

quote:
All the other POI's appeared in name only - when I touched a POI to activate it, I got the error message NO MATCHES FOUND. I did not have this problem when I was in non-bluetooth mode, although some of the POI's did not have phone numbers.
I did not understand this part, is there another problem?
Dave
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2008 :  22:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stormcal

Thanks man. I use a Nuvi 350 between my car and my Harley. This is going to be a great feature on long trips, especially with riding season coming up.
Thanks, Norm. Let me know if the file loads correctly on the Nuvi 350. On another forum, someone could not load my POI file into their 350.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Durango

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2008 :  14:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, the only other problem was me - I wasn't setting up my POI catagories properly. Everything is now operating fine. Thanks again for all the hard work you did setting up the H-D POIs.
Durango
Go to Top of Page

Stormcal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2008 :  17:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The files loaded just fine on the Nuvi!
Go to Top of Page

Eddie Haskell

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 24 juin 2008 :  05:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm new here so first off hello
I have a Garmin Street Pilot 2720, will this load up on there with no issues?
Go to Top of Page

MayoMan

3 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2008 :  04:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last post went to wrong place...

Chesapeake H-D in Darlington, MD has the correct address however the location is app. 3 miles northeast of the old location at the corner of Rt.1 and 623. My nuvi750 had the following location:

<wpt lat="39.648333" lon="-76.204483">

Thanks for this file...

Dave
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11 juil. 2008 :  20:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie Haskell

I'm new here so first off hello
I have a Garmin Street Pilot 2720, will this load up on there with no issues?

It loads on both my SP2720 and my Zumo 550 without a problem.

Hi back at you. Enjoy riding with your Garmin.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11 juil. 2008 :  21:10:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MayoMan

Chesapeake H-D in Darlington, MD has the correct address however the location is app. 3 miles northeast of the old location at the corner of Rt.1 and 623. My nuvi750 had the following location:
<wpt lat="39.648333" lon="-76.204483">

Thanks for the update. It will appear in the July update, later this month.
Dave
PS, if you email me at the address in my readme.txt, I'll add you to the list of direct email recipients of every update.
Go to Top of Page

rdglider

2 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2008 :  17:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok first off this is my first try at d/l poi's...i have a nuvi 750 if that is important...now my question i unzipped the file click 1 time on H-D_POIs_08_May and i get 4 files with H-D Dealers All...which one do i need to click on? Thanks for any help i can get.

Edited by - rdglider on 15 juil. 2008 17:00:56
Go to Top of Page

rdglider

2 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2008 :  03:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think i picked the right one at least i got something in there
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2008 :  18:08:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The readme.txt explains it all.

I am simplifying the release starting with Jul 08 and eliminating the old Garmin gpx format and the folder by state. The zip file size and my work to make extra versions were my reasons. If this gives anyone heartburn, email me and I'll reconsider.

So now there are only two folder from which to choose, the gpx folder for Garmins >Quest(I&II), the other a csv format. The xls is still there if you have special needs.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2008 :  18:38:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Team GpsPasSion - Administrator
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2008 :  19:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 21 sept. 2008 :  22:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

jkandzer

8 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2008 :  20:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello dave817....
You have a great download...I have been looking for this for a long time.... the problem is i do not know how to load it in my Nuvi 660... PLEASE HELP! I think I need detailed directions....or can any one HELP!!!!!
Thanks,
John
Go to Top of Page

88harleyridr

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2008 :  06:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know where I can find this for a Magellan 2200T?

Go to Top of Page

jkandzer

8 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2008 :  03:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know ....I found it on a search....I can not get him to respond to my question....because I can't load it... I don't know how...
Go to Top of Page

harleymaninwpb

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2008 :  15:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Thanks very much for providing the Harley Davidson POI's. Valuable information and much appreciated.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2008 :  19:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jkandzer

PLEASE HELP! I think I need detailed directions

Download the latest POI Loader from Garmin and install.
Unzip the H-D POIs with the switch set to Use Folder Names.
Run POI Loader with your Nuvi connected to the usb port.
Point POI Loader to the folder H-D Dealers.
You will get a message that ~941 POIs loaded.

If you are using a Mac, I can't help you.
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2008 :  20:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 88harleyridr

Do you know where I can find this for a Magellan 2200T?

GPSU may be able to convert it for your use. There is also a csv file that may work for a Magellan.
Go to Top of Page

afitch

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2009 :  13:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a Quest2 owner. Is there any way to calculate how many of the 500 POIs are in use on the device? If yes, is there a way to apply that calculation to each of your state folders?
Go to Top of Page

ChicagoColorado

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2009 :  14:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave:

Thanks so much for your work here with the Harley POI's. I have a Zumo and was able to install these with no problems after reading your "readme.txt" file.

------------------------
ChicagoColorado
David
Go to Top of Page

LWOS

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2009 :  10:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave817
I'm new to GPS and have a Zumo 550. I downloaded your newest ( 9/08 update) and when I unzipped it, I found 8 file folders with different names, an excell spreadsheet icon, 2 read me files, and a couple other things.
I dont understand which folder I'm suppose to use with the POI Loaded and my Zumo 550. Your "Read me" says for Garmin to open the H-D Dealership folder. I'm looking at 8 folders....2 say "not for zumo". Which actual folder is the one I need for my GPS? Can you give me the specific name?
I do have Bluetooth if that makes a difference, and I would also like to program it for Proximity Alerts.

Thank you very Much for all your hard work, and your help

L. Wos
LWOS@EJOURNEY.COM
2007 Dyna Low Rider & 2006 Heritage Softail Classic
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2009 :  15:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The zip file contains 3 folders, H-D Dealers, H-D Dealers csv (not for Zumo, Nuvi or Street Pilot), and H-D Dealers by State.

Use the H-D Dealers folder. It Contains two files, H-D Dealers.gpx and H-D Dealers.bmp. You should point POI Loader to this folder. If you want to see them all in MapSource, open H-D Dealers/H-D Dealers.gpx. You should be able to double-click this gpx file and have it open in MapSource.
Go to Top of Page

jkandzer

8 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2009 :  17:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave.... Got it to work but when I use the GPS and I go by a dealership they do not show up unless I have POI open and looking at them....can I have it so that they automatically show up all the time.....
Thanks,
John
Go to Top of Page

LWOS

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2009 :  17:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a HUGE thank you Dave
You explained it perfectly for me, and the download was successful as you instructed.
FYI, When I unzipped the folder attached to this thread..... these are 8 files & names that appear on my computer:

1. H-D Dealers
( inside has a single Harley Icon and one file that is H-D Dealers.gpx)

2. H-D Dealers All
( inside this file is a folder that's titled RTSixtySix)

3. H-D Dealers All ( Old Format)
( nothing inside of this folder)

4. H-D Dealers All csv
(nothing inside this folder)

5. H-D Dealers All csv ( Not for Zumo, Nuvi or Street Pilot
( nothing inside this folder)

6. H-D Dealers All V3
( 2 folders inside. One says RT-66 One says RTSixtySix)

7. H-D Dealers By State
( inside are a bunch bitmaps and a bunch of .gpx files )

8. H-D Dealers csv ( Not for Zumo, Nuvi or Street Pilot
( inside is a single bitmap and a single H-D Dealers file that when opened displays in the excel comma format)

Then below that row there is:

A single Bitmap image of the HD Logo, an Icon of Microsoft Streets and Trips that's titled H-D DEALERS..... then another icon that has
HD DEALERS.ptm finally you're 2 readme files.

As you can imagine, that's why I was confused as to which file I should select for the Garmin POI Loader.

BTW, you did me a HUGE FAVOR regarding your README instruction about selecting " "MANUAL" instead of "EXPRESS" as garmin's screeen (recommended) for Proximity Alerts. I've been communicating with Garmin for a week as to why I didnt have a PROXIMITY POINTS icon show up on my Zumo after I touched the "TOOLS" icon per instruction manual. They had me going in circles, re-downloading all sorts of stuff.
I had downloaded a POI of Shell Gas Stations for the USA but the Proximity Points Icon never showed up on my screen like it was suppose to.
As soon as I downloaded the HD file you said to, and selected " Manual", then "has proximity points".... and put in the number of "feet" for the alert........BINGO.... there is the Proximity Points icon on my screen, and it shows a check mark next to custom POI'S. Now I'll go back and re-download the Shell Stations and select manual this time.

Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you.. for Everything. Garmin's Customer Service was good, but they didn't / couldnt help me like you did.

Happy Riding....and thank you again.

L. Wos
Go to Top of Page

jweakley

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2009 :  18:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Question. There are several files shown under the download link. Which one is appropriate for a Zumo 550? HD dealers all?

Jack
Go to Top of Page

LWOS

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2009 :  18:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The one I used that worked is the very first one....named H-D DEALERS under it. For me, it was the first folder on the left when I unzipped it. Be sure you check the "MANUAL" box and not leave the EXPRESS BOX CHECKED if you're looking to set proximity alerts.
I tried going to a harley dealer yesterday. Had my proximity alert set for 5 miles out. I was not on the actual "road" the Dealer was on...but 5 miles out the red banner came on when I turned onto a road which would have "intersected" the road it was on. It did not alert on the road I was traveling parallel to it.
Hard to explain. But with the visual setting at o.3 mi... I did show the dealer icon.

Edited by - LWOS on 16 févr. 2009 18:30:19
Go to Top of Page

jweakley

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2009 :  18:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LWOS, thank you for your advice.
Go to Top of Page

LWOS

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2009 :  18:34:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to help. This site and the Zumoforums.com are both EXCELLENT tools. I've learned SOOOOOO much in the last 48 hours it's amazing. Much more than the manual that came with the zumo covers. I'm a real newbie at this whole thing myself.
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2009 :  04:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dave.... Got it to work but when I use the GPS and I go by a dealership they do not show up unless I have POI open and looking at them....can I have it so that they automatically show up all the time.....
Thanks,
John

The Zumo will only show the H-D logo for a POI on its map when you are zoomed in to 0.3 mi or closer. You can add a Proximity Alert in POI Loader in Manual Mode, per the readme.txt, but it will only work if you are traveling on the same side of the road as the POI. It is best to either add them to your route, or use the Extras>Custom POIs>H-D Dealers and see where the nearest 52 are.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2009 :  05:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jweakley

Question. There are several files shown under the download link. Which one is appropriate for a Zumo 550? HD dealers all?

Jack

Clean out your old folder before unzipping. I renamed the three folders to make things simpler:
\H-D Dealers
\H-D Dealers by State
\H-D Dealers csv (not for Zumo, Nuvi or Street Pilot)
If you have more folders, delete them. They are old.
\H-D Dealers is for Zumo, Nuvi or Street Pilot.
\H-D Dealers by State is for users of smaller units like the Quest that can't load them all
There is a readme.txt file that tries to explain all that.

Edited by - dave817 on 19 févr. 2009 05:03:44
Go to Top of Page

jkandzer

8 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2009 :  16:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave...
I do not have a Zuma I have a Garmin Nuvi 660 does that change on POI's showing up when they are in the area or do you still have to search them out....
Thanks,
John
Go to Top of Page

garmstrong

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2009 :  21:16:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I need some help please! I have a Garmin 450 Zumo and I would like to download the Harley Davidson Dealers POI but I'm new at this. Can someone on this form please talk me through it step by step. I am not sure when I click the download link where to save it, how it gets to my GPS Unit and where do I find the dealers once I get them to the GPS????? Please help this little old lady!!
Go to Top of Page

andyb99

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2009 :  03:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave, just wondering when you will be posting an updated version of the HD Dealers POI's? I am going on a raod trip on feb 28th to Florida..
Andy
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  03:51:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dave...
I do not have a Zuma I have a Garmin Nuvi 660 does that change on POI's showing up when they are in the area or do you still have to search them out....
Thanks,
John

As far as I know the Nuvi works similar to the Zumo. I don't have a Nuvi, so I can't be sure.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  08:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

syphon

1 Posts

Posted - 21 avr. 2009 :  21:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
database update

North End HD in Plattsburgh, NY has move a few doors down to a new location.

568 Route 3
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 563-1965
Fax: (518) 562-4022
Go to Top of Page

giteup

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 28 avr. 2009 :  06:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave... I have dowloaded your hd dealers and the hd icon... I got the icons on the gps, but they wont install on my mapsourse..
Please help
giteup
Go to Top of Page

raaaaaa

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2009 :  04:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is a thread at the hd forums that shows closing of dealers
http://hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/304234-closed-dealerships.html
Go to Top of Page

UltraFudd

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 23 juin 2009 :  21:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Just took a trip to northern Wisconsin and found that the POI for Doc's Harley Davidson of Shawno is off by about 2.8 mi.

The POI database reports the position as N44 41.316 W88 19.382

We were there on 6/20/09 and from my track log I got a correct location of N44 42.277 / W88 22.471

I went to the Navteq site and verified this updated location by entering the corrected lat/long and viewing their sat photo in Map Reporter which shows the building at the coordinates I listed.

Address and phone information for the business is correct - just the lat/long is gorked up.

Ride safe and don't get lost!
Fudd
Go to Top of Page

ccianciolo

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2009 :  02:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave I have to tell you that you did one fantastic job. Once I learned how to get the information downloaded onto my Zummo 550, I have to tell you I was totally impressed and it works great. Thank you so much for taking the time to develop this. It is greatly appreciated. Chris
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2009 :  12:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by syphon

database update

North End HD in Plattsburgh, NY has move a few doors down to a new location.

568 Route 3
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 563-1965
Fax: (518) 562-4022

Their website and the H-D Dealer locator still show them at 594 Route 3. Until they update their website, I can't change their address.
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2009 :  12:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by giteup

Hi dave... I have downloaded your hd dealers and the hd icon... I got the icons on the gps, but they wont install on my mapsourse..
Please help
giteup

Look in my archive for 000.bmp and put it in your Documents and Settings/My Garmin/Custom Waypoint Symbols/000.bmp, replacing the existing one.
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2009 :  12:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UltraFudd

Dave,

Just took a trip to northern Wisconsin and found that the POI for Doc's Harley Davidson of Shawno is off by about 2.8 mi.

The POI database reports the position as N44 41.316 W88 19.382

We were there on 6/20/09 and from my track log I got a correct location of N44 42.277 / W88 22.471

I went to the Navteq site and verified this updated location by entering the corrected lat/long and viewing their sat photo in Map Reporter which shows the building at the coordinates I listed.

Address and phone information for the business is correct - just the lat/long is gorked up.

Ride safe and don't get lost!
Fudd

Thanks. Updates show up faster if you email me at the address in the readme.txt. But I'll get this corrected and appreciate the correction.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2009 :  12:36:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Jean
Go to Top of Page

whitehair

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2009 :  05:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First let me say a BIG THANK YOU for your work. 2nd do you have any sound alerts for the HD Dealers or know where I can get one?

Whitehair

Edited by - whitehair on 18 août 2009 05:51:46
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2009 :  07:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

donh64

1 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2009 :  02:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dave817
I downloaded and installed the latest HD dealer data (above) and installed with POI installer from garmin. Unintentionally I loaded the file with dealer by state in addition to the file required for my Zumo 660. Can I delete it from the 660 ? if so how. Also I can not get the POI installer to load the custom waypoint file containing the logo, as the logos are not showing on my Zumo. Addresses and phone numbers are their and phone # is working. Great data base thanks for keeping it up todate.

Donh64
Go to Top of Page

bbiehl

1 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2010 :  15:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to thank Dave and anyone else involved in making this list and keeping it up to date. I have been trying to do this on my own and failing miserably. Thank you so much!
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 23 mars 2011 :  16:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jean,
D:\Data IIs\Gpspassion\upload2\H-D POIs 11 Mar.zip updated. Please move and update this post as necessary.
Thanks,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 23 mars 2011 :  18:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2011 :  17:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jean,
D:\Data IIs\Gpspassion\upload2\C:\Users\Public\Documents\H-D Custom POIs\H-D POIs 11 Jul.zip updated. Please update the link.
Thanks,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2011 :  18:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

dave817

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2012 :  15:31:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jean,
D:\Data IIs\Gpspassion\upload2\H-D POIs 12 Jan21.zip uploaded. Please update like.
Thanks,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

jlb

France
29542 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2012 :  16:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dave817,

Link updated.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

ChuckW698

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2012 :  21:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to let you know that the Harley-Davidson clothing store "Revolutionary H-D", at 1915 Pocahontas Trail, Williamsburg VA 23185, has closed.
Go to Top of Page

mikedabiker

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2012 :  19:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great file and I'm using it now. There is a problem with a dealerhsip here in MS. The Chunky River Meridian MS location is off a bit. It's also off in the HOG atlas and the HOG gps files they provide. Something strange with their mailing address and the roads in that area. I was there Saturday on my bike and the actual coordinates are N 32 21.758 W 88 40.563

You're never lost
If ya don't care
Where you are.
Go to Top of Page

dilligaf81561

2 Posts

Posted - 19 juil. 2012 :  12:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelly's House of Harley-Davidson has changed names. It's now High Octane Harley-Davidson.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dilligaf81561

2 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2014 :  21:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nashua Harley has closed. They moved in with Manchester Harley.
Go to Top of Page

hdeuropepoi

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - 11 mai 2014 :  15:09:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

I maintaine HD dealers in Europe.
I see that you where able to get the HD dealer directly in
Where to

i.s.o
Where to > Extra > Custom POIs > HD dealers.

Like to do this i My file.

Can you assist
hdeuropepoi@gmail.com

Herman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05