Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PDA and Smartphone Road Navigation Software
 [TOPIC] Garmin Mobile XT - v5 with Google Search
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  19:36:12  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, sounds interesting, actually I was referring to the distance of a trip calculated directly within GMXT, not for straight-line geocaching ?

@rem - good new, not sure how they're going to protect though if they do that...as to GMXT vs iGuidance v4, it probably deserves another thread. Other than the lack of distance to destination, GMXT has no problems I've seen and offers Traffic information that iGuidance doesn't.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

thsalbert

Singapore
36 Posts

Posted - 21 févr. 2008 :  11:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gpspassion,
you can check the whole trip distance by looking the route detail: after your route was created. Tools > route details. it will shown you all the turn point and the last one wae the total distance for this route.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 21 févr. 2008 :  13:51:27  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, ah so you have to tap your way all the way down, didn't have the patience to try that yesterday ;-)

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Rick762

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2008 :  16:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just picked up my copy of GMXT yesterday and I am running it on an HTC Advantage (X7500) upgraded to WM6. The install was seemless and the time from inserting the miniSD card to "Ready to Navigate" with a full signals was less than 2 minutes. Very nice.

So far I have noticed that I seem to be getting a better signal than with my Mio C520. On the Mio using an external antenna mounted on my roof, I typically get about 6-8 satellites locked. On my Advantage it almost always has 12 locked.

Also, for the benefit of other Canucks, no traffic, no gas prices, no hotel prices, only the weather works up here.

I will be evaluating this over the next few weeks against my Mio C520, iGuidance 3.0 and my wife's Nuvi 250W, so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Just be advised that I am not into hacking or modding in any way so my comments and feedback will be soley based on a completely stock program.

Road Warrior
Go to Top of Page

z3bum

35 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2008 :  05:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The newest version of Mobile XT comes with City Navigator North America 2008 NT. The maps look exactly like they do on a NUVI 360...

quote:
Originally posted by dornier

Does anyone know if Gamrin City Navigator North America 2008 NT maps work with the Mobile XT program?

Thanks,

GP

Trimble Ensign -> Magellan -> Garmin GPS III+ -> Garmin Etrex Vista -> Garmin GPSMAP 76s -> Garmin Quest -> Garmin Rino 530 -> Garmin Nuvi 360
Go to Top of Page

TimW

311 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2008 :  17:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where is that new version???!! I want the modified icons already (PPC/SP)
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2008 :  00:43:19  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe he's just referring to new maps ? I have the NT2008 maps in Europe and haven't seen anyhing partciularly different, nothing new here http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00580-00 it seems.

Go to Top of Page

Rick762

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2008 :  01:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just checked my version number and it shows:
4.20.00wp

The only difference I have seen so far from my wife's 250W is the icon is a triangle rather than a car.

Road Warrior
Go to Top of Page

mixmaven

43 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2008 :  06:49:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimW

where is that new version???!! I want the modified icons already (PPC/SP)

Well, I want TTS. :)
Go to Top of Page

Rick762

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2008 :  01:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny, "growing up" on non-voice guidance software such as Rand McNally and MS Streets & Trips, it was like "magic" when I discovered Routis with voice guidance. Then after 3 iterations of iGuidance, again I was looking forward to getting my Mio C520 with TTS. And, I must admit, for the first little while it was a nice option to have.

However, now that I have had a chance to "play" with the Garmin 250W and Mobile XT software, the TTS doesn't seem so important anymore. Considering the name of the upcoming street is displayed in large, readable letters, it only takes a quick glance to check it. Also, the fact that no one seems to have been able to do "seemless" TTS (read: one voice for all audio) lessens its value for me. And the Mio appears to have one of the better renditions of TTS.

Personally, I find it more valuable to have the voice announce which side of the street your destination is on rather than the name of the upcoming road. Just my $0.02 worth.

Road Warrior
Go to Top of Page

TimW

311 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2008 :  23:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no, sorry.. I meant the Taiwan demo that had all the new neat stuff that we havent gotten yet in a release version.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2008 :  00:25:51  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting, got a link for that demo ?

Go to Top of Page

TimW

311 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2008 :  09:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was called "GARMIN Mobile XT 14-day experience trail promotion in Taiwan". It offered movie times and some other services that were not meant to be available in North America.

well, at least WM got this recently
4.20.20w
http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3389

Fixes only, didnt see the new functionality below.

of interest, coming soon
http://www.location.net.in/news/viewn.asp?id=GIS:N_cnbkipuwfo
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2008 :  12:27:05  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, I remember that 3GSM announcement now, hopefully the Panoramio and local search features will be made available soon.

Go to Top of Page

thsalbert

Singapore
36 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2008 :  13:00:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Taiwan version can downloaded from here: http://www.garmin.com.tw/products/GarminMobile10/download.html
It have version for Synbian S60 and UIQ3 as well as WM. I tested the UIQ3 version and I set the language to English. It was excellence compared to the Garmin USA version. It support buildin keyboard, on screen keyboard and handwriting input. It have a Vehicle icon and Panoramia photo etc. A great improvement form 4.1020 to 4.1060 UIQ3. Cheer!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05