Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PDA and Smartphone Road Navigation Software
 [TOPIC] Garmin Mobile XT - v5 with Google Search
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

frisbeemonkey

4 Posts

Posted - 16 avr. 2007 :  02:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that was informative, thanks OM.

So my options are:
-Keep the unit, hope that it works someday.
-Buy a new phone and hope it works with that.
-Return the unit, probably not getting a refund on the unlocked maps.

I cannot say I am overly impressed with any of these options. I suppose I'll email their support one more time, see if the next reply is a little more useful.
Go to Top of Page

thsalbert

Singapore
36 Posts

Posted - 16 avr. 2007 :  07:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Apr07 release of M xt still not worked on my P919i. Garmin support told me to fix it soon. I will be more happy to enjoy the mobile xt with my P910 due to more longer battery life & the OS more stable.
I was very apprcite with Garmin support.
Go to Top of Page

TheOfficeMaven

USA
332 Posts

Posted - 16 avr. 2007 :  19:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Garmin has even added the following text to their download site for the April 10th release of Mobile XT (I think because of me and others bugging them about it <GRIN>):

"This image download will not support Symbian UIQ2.x (ex. Sony P910) or Symbian UIQ3.x (ex. Sony W950) devices."

I'm still hoping that the SE UIQ versions will show up soon.
Go to Top of Page

frisbeemonkey

4 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2007 :  23:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm out. I don't have your patience, OfficeMaven. My latest response from Garmin's helpdesk is that my phone is not supported. Funny, my phone was on the list for a few weeks now, but magically vanishes when someone actually tries it. But don't worry, they're constantly adding new phones! Yeah, no thanks, this is not what I signed on for.

Thanks to all those who provided insight.
Go to Top of Page

dornier

93 Posts

Posted - 29 avr. 2007 :  21:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Does anyone know if Garmin Mobile XT software will work with Windows Mobile 6? I have a T-mobile Dash (HTC S620 Excaliber) and don't want to upgrade if it won't work.

Thanks,

GP
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2007 :  02:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gang,

I've been using Mobile XT for a while now and have found that I can upload a route to a Windows mobile device (pocket pc or smartphone). Have any of you been successful doing this to a Palm OS device?
Go to Top of Page

dornier

93 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2007 :  07:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update to my question related to windows mobile 6 with the Dash.

Running Garmin Mobile XT with the release version of WM6. The program seems to be running, but address searches are really slow. Let me elaborate, when I finish typing in an address, the program displays each letter again, but super slow. Once it finds the address, the program seems okay. I'm runing the latest version of XT as of this month.

I will try a route today and keep everyone updated.

GP
Go to Top of Page

efjay

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2007 :  18:55:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dornier

Update to my question related to windows mobile 6 with the Dash.

Running Garmin Mobile XT with the release version of WM6. The program seems to be running, but address searches are really slow. Let me elaborate, when I finish typing in an address, the program displays each letter again, but super slow. Once it finds the address, the program seems okay. I'm runing the latest version of XT as of this month.

I will try a route today and keep everyone updated.

GP

How did your tests go dornier? I have just got a Dash and am looking for GPS software to go with it. I'm not a fan of being tied to a specific GPS receiver as I still have a functioning GPS already but this seems to be the best option for Smartphones. Thanks

Edited by - efjay on 04 juin 2007 19:01:04
Go to Top of Page

dornier

93 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2007 :  05:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Garmin Mobile XT version 4.10.00WS with my Dash (running Windows Mobile 6 standard/smartphone) works fine, but the following needs to be fixed:

When doing a search for a contact, street name, POI, etc., the program slows down to crawl. The problem is only with letters and not numbers. It can take 30-60 seconds to complte an entry for a street name, POI, contact etc. Garmin is aware of the issue, but needs to hear from other users to make this a priority.

Hope this helps,

GP
Go to Top of Page

CorporateMonkey

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2007 :  07:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi,

Garmin Mobile XT version 4.10.00WS with my Dash (running Windows Mobile 6 standard/smartphone) works fine, but the following needs to be fixed:

When doing a search for a contact, street name, POI, etc., the program slows down to crawl. The problem is only with letters and not numbers. It can take 30-60 seconds to complte an entry for a street name, POI, contact etc. Garmin is aware of the issue, but needs to hear from other users to make this a priority.

Hope this helps,

GP

Go to Top of Page

CorporateMonkey

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2007 :  07:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know where my response went, so I will try this again.

I also have a dash w/ wm6. I do not have any slow searching issues. I have found it to be just as fast as wm5.

Are you having any storage card issues? A lot of people are reporting issues with microsd cards and WM6 (pertains to the dash only).

The only issue I have noticed is the "tunnel propagation" feature does not seem to work. I drove through a long tunnel recently and the system lost satellite reception, and stopped moving on the map. When I reemerged the system had to recalculate. The latest update was supposed to avoid this.
I haven't figured out if the system failed, or if the mapping data does not include tunnel info.
Go to Top of Page

dornier

93 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2007 :  06:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

What brand microSD card do you have? By the way, is there anyway to force the program to load to the phone versus the microSD card? If so, is it possible to load the maps on the microSD card and used by Mobile XT on the phone storage?

Thanks,

GP

quote:
Originally posted by CorporateMonkey

I don't know where my response went, so I will try this again.

I also have a dash w/ wm6. I do not have any slow searching issues. I have found it to be just as fast as wm5.

Are you having any storage card issues? A lot of people are reporting issues with microsd cards and WM6 (pertains to the dash only).

The only issue I have noticed is the "tunnel propagation" feature does not seem to work. I drove through a long tunnel recently and the system lost satellite reception, and stopped moving on the map. When I reemerged the system had to recalculate. The latest update was supposed to avoid this.
I haven't figured out if the system failed, or if the mapping data does not include tunnel info.

Go to Top of Page

CorporateMonkey

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2007 :  07:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi,

What brand microSD card do you have? By the way, is there anyway to force the program to load to the phone versus the microSD card? If so, is it possible to load the maps on the microSD card and used by Mobile XT on the phone storage?

Thanks,

GP

I use a Sandisk 2gb card. Nothing special.

I do not think the app will allow itself to be installed on the device. I think they have hard coded the folder locations.
Go to Top of Page

dornier

93 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2007 :  12:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also using a 2gb sandisk with no problems other than mobile xt.

quote:

quote:

Hi,

Thanks,

GP

I do not think the app will allow itself to be installed on the device. I think they have hard coded the folder locations.

Go to Top of Page

dornier

93 Posts

Posted - 09 juin 2007 :  18:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just out of curiousity, have you done any hacks to the Dash such as app unlock, cache hack, etc.? What programs do you have in the startup folder? The only hack I have done is to allow voice command to work with a bluetooth headset. I have my5msgcenter and wifiinit in the startup folder. Do you also have voice command active?

Thanks!

GP
quote:

I'm also using a 2gb sandisk with no problems other than mobile xt.

quote:

quote:

Hi,

Thanks,

GP

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05