Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2245

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PDA and Smartphone Road Navigation Software
 [TOPIC] Garmin Mobile XT - v5 with Google Search
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

TimW

311 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2007 :  18:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
smartphone here, I uninstalled, thinking it would be best.. it wasnt. lost voice and whatnot. reinstalling from CD then upgrading.

as noted above.. its the que app, not xt that must be uninstalled.

something else fun, on my Sony FE-690 with BT installed, map install crashest the ToshBT stack. Sorta messy, but I still love the app
Go to Top of Page

Dills

51 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2007 :  19:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mix,

I am having the same problem you had. can you help explain to me which file you left (i can't tell where exactly is the map data file) and what you erased from the registry to give it a full clean uninstall. I'd appreciate it. i don't have my original DVD with me where i am now so hopefully i'm not screwed till i get home
Go to Top of Page

mixmaven

43 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2007 :  19:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After the uninstall, I ended up pulling the /garmin directory out of the device and memory card to a temp directory (you will need the files and voices again)

I then searched the reg for garmin... you could probably skip this step. I then reinstalled .60 and everything worked after a soft reset, I just couldn't get back online for traffic and weather, I also didn't have any voices. I shut down XT, soft reset, copied the files back over the top of the new install, and restarted xt and everything is fine. Since that time, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked perfect.

Hope that helps.
-mix
Go to Top of Page

Dills

51 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2007 :  19:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is helpful, but i was a bit too hasty. i deleted all the old garmin files, instead of copying to temp. now i am going to try to install the update version, but i am guessing i will have the same issue with the voices. i hope i can isolate them and copy the files over...
Go to Top of Page

mixmaven

43 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2007 :  20:09:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The voices are on the card, if you only deleted the folder in the root directory, you should be fine. If not, you will have to reinstall .20 (or disassemble the installer and get the files manually.) I could help with the voices later tonight, but the nvm files are customized. Far as I was able to tell, you may not be able to get traffic and weather until you replace the nvm files and gpx data. I am just guessing here, not an authority on the issue.

-mix
Go to Top of Page

Dills

51 Posts

Posted - 23 févr. 2007 :  16:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still having trouble getting the upgrade to run. I called Garmin and they said you shouldn't have to unistall the old XT, so i tried again to just install it right over top of the old. It seemed to work, but then after a soft reset i am gettting an error message that says que could not open and i need to go into the settings and close the running programs. Or i get the never ending "colored loading pie." This is getting frustrating. i wonder if something i have is causing a clonflict. Voice command maybe? I went back to version 20 for now....
Go to Top of Page

ubiquityman

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2007 :  03:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheOfficeMaven

I believe it is indeed automatic. Unfortunately, I can't confirm this feature one way or the other as I'm currently running Mobile XT on a Dell Axim X51v that doesn't have a built in phone.

If you have a BT phone, you could just use your phone as the internet connection?
Go to Top of Page

TheOfficeMaven

USA
332 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2007 :  17:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, but that's a clumsy solution as it's pretty slow to connect. I do indeed have my mobile phone tethered to my X51v so that I can receive traffic reports etc., but I'm not sure if a tethered connection will work for the ephemeris downloads or not. Who knows if this feature even works or not as the program doesn't give any indication that it even exists as far as I can tell???
Go to Top of Page

Dills

51 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2007 :  17:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so, i finally think i got the software to load properly...i really don't even know why it was not working in the first place.

I am wondering, do others have problems getting the software to load, or find that it will easily hang and crash when it is actually running? i find i almost 100% of the time need to do a soft reset before the software will load up. and then when it is loaded it could crash if a call comes in or something like that. it makes it really annoying if you are relying on it for navigation.

And yes, i do have a task manager that closes my open programs....

I am using a cingular 8525 fyi.
Go to Top of Page

mixmaven

43 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2007 :  19:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most likely Garmin will tell you to hard reset your device and only load XT and that will fix your problem. Well I didn't buy a phone to only run XT any more than I bought a computer to only run powerpoint. I have the same problem as you, XT is a memory hog. TomTom starts and runs fine, every single time. I expect the program to get better as they release revisions but I don't have a lot of confidence in the ppc software engineers at garmin. .60 works better for me than .20

-mix
Go to Top of Page

Dills

51 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2007 :  20:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they actually did try to get me to do a hard reset, and i was like...uh now thanks.

Glad to hear at least i'm not the only one having trouble
Go to Top of Page

TimW

311 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2007 :  23:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as crazy as that sounds, a hard reset helped my BT problems on a hx4705. I had paired the device, ports were assigned, but those ports were not working well with XT. After a hard reset, I did no pairing and it worked flawlessly.

the downside is that i only found this out as I was selling my hx4705, assuming it was a WM5 upgrade issue. now I really miss that pda.
Go to Top of Page

dornier

93 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2007 :  05:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mobile XT (Ver. 4.00.60w) issues I had on a trip to Chicago IL using my T-mobile Dash:

1)Application would freeze for a long period of time when the distance would reach 0 feet when staying on the same highway. Example, I was on I 90/94 E and it told me to keep left onto the current highway (I 90/94 E), then when the distance displayed 0 feet, the program locked up for about 30-60 seconds.

2)There were several times in the city of Chicago where the XT application had a hard time figuring out which street I was on and direction of travel. The 10X was sitting on top of the dash.

3)Whenever the traffic icon was displayed and I selected to view the issue, the application would freeze or pause for at least 15-30 seconds. Whenever it froze, I had to either reboot the phone or was able to close the XT application using task manager and restart

4)While driving on Michigan Ave in downtown Chicago, the application would take too long (15-30 seconds) to redraw when it performed recalculations. Sometimes the application appeared locked up, but eventually continued to operate

5)New backlight feature not available on T-Mobile Dash

I'm using a T-Mobile Dash and have over 19 Megs free program memory. I always restart the phone before using the Mobile XT software. The only program running in the background is Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 and .Net CF 2.0 SP1. The maps are loaded onto a 2 GB microSD card. Any ideas? Is the CPU or microSD memory too slow?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

CorporateMonkey

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2007 :  09:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dornier

Mobile XT (Ver. 4.00.60w) issues I had on a trip to Chicago IL using my T-mobile Dash:

1)Application would freeze for a long period of time when the distance would reach 0 feet when staying on the same highway. Example, I was on I 90/94 E and it told me to keep left onto the current highway (I 90/94 E), then when the distance displayed 0 feet, the program locked up for about 30-60 seconds.

2)There were several times in the city of Chicago where the XT application had a hard time figuring out which street I was on and direction of travel. The 10X was sitting on top of the dash.

3)Whenever the traffic icon was displayed and I selected to view the issue, the application would freeze or pause for at least 15-30 seconds. Whenever it froze, I had to either reboot the phone or was able to close the XT application using task manager and restart

4)While driving on Michigan Ave in downtown Chicago, the application would take too long (15-30 seconds) to redraw when it performed recalculations. Sometimes the application appeared locked up, but eventually continued to operate

5)New backlight feature not available on T-Mobile Dash

I'm using a T-Mobile Dash and have over 19 Megs free program memory. I always restart the phone before using the Mobile XT software. The only program running in the background is Microsoft Voice Command 1.6 and .Net CF 2.0 SP1. The maps are loaded onto a 2 GB microSD card. Any ideas? Is the CPU or microSD memory too slow?

Thanks!

I also use a dash and have seen some of your issues. If I am using garminxt and hop out to the homescreen, sometimes I can't get back into GXT. This was never an issue before the update.

I just turned off traffic because of the issues.

The new backlighting feature does work on the Dash. If I am plugged in, and running GXT my screen does not time out. Were you plugged in when you tried it?

Overall I would have to say this update slowed down the app. Maybe the next update will optimize it?
Go to Top of Page

mixmaven

43 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2007 :  23:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried to overclock your dash? I overclock my wife's S620 (same phone) with no problems. I don't run XT on it, but it made a huge difference. You may need to application unlock your device, which is a very simple process and then load omap clock.

-mix
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05