New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

JB2610

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2006 :  14:33:32  Show Profile  Visit JB2610's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TESTING - GARMIN MOBILE XT V5
Navteq 2007/Q2 maps - Traffic- Tracks - Routes
Connected features : Google Search, Plane schedules, Weather, Buddy

Screenshot from Samsung i900 in 400x240

Updated 20080923 : New WM version available, 5.00.10w, with Google Local and Panoramio photos, see details on the Garmin site.

Updated 20080308 : New WM version available, v4.20.20w, see details on the Garmin site.

Updated 20071005 : Garmin are now making the Mobile XT compatible with any GPS receiver, see the Press Release. The hardware lock has been transferred from the GPS10X receiver to the microSD card on which the application will ship.

Updated 12/2006 : the Garmin Mobile XT / GPS10X bundle is now shipping. Some comments and pictures by Mike (Office Maven)

"The final release of Mobile XT for Windows Mobile/PPC is version 4.00.20wp. The software looks pretty much like the latest beta did, but appears to be much more stable in my brief experience with it so far."

Updated 09/26 : new beta version 3.81.30 Beta posted by Garmin, download here.

Updated 08/03 : new beta version 3.81.10 Beta posted by Garmin, details below.

screenshots added by gpspassion

First test runs - see below

A very stylish User Interface !

Garmin has posted Mobile XT for Pocket PC with GPS 10 software version 3.78 Beta. http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=1523

Garmin has also posted a Quick Reference Guide for Mobile XT for Pocket PC with GPS 10 software version 3.78 Beta.

This beta Garmin Mobile XT application offers:
>Both 2D and 3D map viewing options.
>Finger touchable interaction rather than having to use a stylus.
>Ability to add custom POIs such as school zones and safety camera locations using POI Loader.
>Support for Que API for 3rd party software customization (see DeveloperZone).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I took the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?"...."How should I know - you wouldn't let me recalculate!!"

Ads

gpspassion

94669 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2006 :  14:57:30  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's interesting ! Moved to the software section ;-) Looks like a nice improvement over iQue if it is similar to the Mobile 20 announced (released ?) on Smartphones http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50925

JB2610

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2006 :  20:28:32  Show Profile  Visit JB2610's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK on the move. I am so used to just staying in the hardware forums it did not dawn on me to look for software forums.

The GUI seems right in line with all their other latest products. I have not installed it as yet. I hope it can co-exist along with original Que application. They (Garmin) pointed out that several features are currently missing so I hope they will come later.

"There are some important differences in Garmin Mobile XT vs. Garmin Que with GPS 10 that you should note:"

- Garmin Mobile XT does not provide configurable data fields on the map display.
- Garmin Mobile XT does not provide mapping of device buttons to specific Garmin Mobile XT application functions.
- Garmin Mobile XT does not provide 'Sun and Moon' or 'Hunt and Fish' utilities.
- There may be other functions that Garmin Mobile XT does not provide that are not listed here.
(There is a CYA statemet if I ever saw one...

Known issues:
- Cannot create custom avoidance roads or areas.

Not sure about the last item as there are instructions on how to do it in the Quick Start manual. Remains to be seen...
Go to Top of Page

JB2610

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2006 :  23:41:15  Show Profile  Visit JB2610's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not having any success in getting the beta Mobile XT software to install on my Dell X50. The process seems to go to completion, but attempting to launch the application results in the following message:

"Cannot find "Que" or one or more of its components. Make sure the path and filenames are correct, etc., etc......and all required libraries are available.

I have attempted to install in Internal Storage Memory and to my CF card and get the same results.

On my fourth attempt the process did have a glitch - one of the final writing processes is to write information for "Remove Programs". It did not go to final completion at that stage with the two following error messages:

"The MoveFile for HELP did NOT work..."
"The MoveFile for VOICE did NOT work..."
I believe the result of that was when I attempted to actually Remove the installation, the process took way too long, but said it completed.

My original Que application v2.90 is still installed and working OK. My detailed maps are on the CF card and intact.

I will now pass this on to Garmin Tech. If anyone has success on installing, please post how it went.

JB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I took the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?"...."How should I know - you wouldn't let me recalculate!!"
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94669 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2006 :  23:59:51  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That doesn't sound encouraging, I must say I never managed to get over the slow response of the iQue software on my old Mio 168, will revisit though. Wonder if you need new codes ? Maybe you didn't get to that stage ?

gpspassion

94669 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2006 :  00:37:34  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok installed on my A701, obviously it's looking for the GPS10, might be a good time to look up the GPSProxy trick ;-)

Dug out the GPS10 in the meantime and it's "scanning Bluetooth", but not finding the GPS10, can't find a way of selecting the proper port, hum...

hmmh

2 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2006 :  03:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have successfully installed the program to my x50v (to the default location). But it can't detect the GPS10.

From Garmin's website:

Please note that the Garmin Mobile XT application requires an update to the GPS 10 hardware. This update will be downloaded to your PPC device during the installation procedure and an update screen for the GPS 10 will appear on your device the first time you start the new Garmin Mobile XT application. This update should take approximately 2-3 minutes to complete.

I didn't see any update to GPS10 during the installation
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94669 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2006 :  09:14:02  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah that would explain it then (it just stays on "scanning bluetooth" here), I must be missing something but how is it supposed to update the GPS10 if it can't find it! Or maybe they mean something else, finding it ok but not operating properly.

Since it was asking for 12Mb and I only had 5Mb available on the A701, I installed to the SD card.

JB2610

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2006 :  15:49:05  Show Profile  Visit JB2610's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, as dear 'ole Mum used to say - If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. And so I did. And this time it worked.

I tried my download using Firefox instead of IE (although it was not indicating it was blocking any download).

The GPS 10 upgrade kicked in when it found the GPS 10. A little confusing as it gave me three different "processing/updating" progress sliders, one after the other. Just hang in there and it will happen. But it took the GPS10 from v2.10 to v2.30 it seems.

This certainly is Beta software!! It did locate my Contacts list, but I only see the top 6 contacts out of 119 indicated and I DO NOT have any UP/DOWN arrows to continue down the List. I did discover that I do get the Up/Down arrows when I put my PPC into Landscape mode. They are not there in Vertical orientation. Screens look good in Landscape. Everything fits well.

The Help file calls the software QueNav and is written for some device other than a PDA/PPC using a GPS 10. To Get Started it tells me to "press the antenna release switch on the back of the device and raise the GPS antenna...." Definite re-write needed here. Looks like Nuvi GUI and I hear the M3/M4.

Whoa.....my Que app still works, but it now thinks I am back in Olathe. Can't run both apps at the same time - they won't share the maps. Ah, now Que will not read my detailed maps. Looks like XT has grabbed ownership. Need to get a GPS fix.

Screen redraws take too long.

No quick 'n easy way to change from 3D, North Up, or Track Up without going into Settings.

No quick pop-up Zoom menu on Map page.

Does NOT have TTS. Bummer.

I do like the color scheme chosen better than my SP 2730. (How 'bout that...a positive.) I think we will be able to change colors - just not implimented as yet.

I'm sure we will find a lot more to commiserate about.....but it is Beta software, it is Beta software.......keep telling myself.

Self......it's Beta software.

Go to Top of Page

stefthetoolman

5 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2006 :  16:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I would like to have this software but it has been removed from Garmin web site.

Could anyone send me the software by email or FTP ?

Thank you

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94669 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2006 :  23:45:32  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That would not be in keeping with the forum rules, no, sorry, did you check with Garmin ?

stefthetoolman

5 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2006 :  03:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oups....

Sorry, didn't know that rule......

I wrote to Garmin to be a beta tester.

Didn't got any answer yet.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

TheOfficeMaven

USA
332 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2006 :  01:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Garmin has just posted a new beta of the Mobile XT PPC software for use with the GPS10 (i.e. version 3.81.10). Sweet!!!!

Here's the download link:

http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=1607

-- MIKE

EDIT: Apparently it includes the new "Garmin Online" feature with live traffic updates and other online featues as well (like gas prices???). Wow!

Edited by - TheOfficeMaven on 04 août 2006 01:24:28
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94669 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2006 :  01:22:04  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great, let's see if it works better for me than the previous version ;-)

TheOfficeMaven

USA
332 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2006 :  04:08:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please do post some screen shots for us as I'm holding off on buying a GPS 10 until the new GPS 10X receiver comes out (i.e. Garmin Mobile 10). Thus, I'd REALLY love to see what the new beta looks like. Especially the new Garmin Online stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Ric_N

Canada
23 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2006 :  05:03:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any chance this will work with a Garmin eTrex Legand, that is wired to my pocketpc? I have Mapsource - Metroguide Canada, the only thing I'm missing is s/w for the ppc.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05