Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2297

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Smartphones and PDAs with built-in GPS
 [SINGLE TOPIC] Mio P550 & P350 - PDA+GPS
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

ymca

10 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2007 :  09:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi wutdhec,

can you tell where you buy it?
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

wutdhec

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2007 :  08:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi YMCA,
I bought it at tigerdirect.com for $399. Mio tech support said this is not normal and I should return it. This is my 2nd P550...the 1st one wouldn't boot up into windows and tech support said to return it. Tigerdirect exchanged it quickly for me. Its worth noting that Mio tech support in the US said they have no parts in stock and even they don't have a P550 to play with! I would wait a while before ordering one. If the battery problems are worked out, it seems like a good unit. From my research the ASUS 636/639 are the best choice but they're more than $100 more.
Go to Top of Page

ymca

10 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2007 :  11:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A $100 more?
damn!

pity that iphone do not have a gps.
if it had it would be the best thing ever for gps, pda, cellphone & internet out of home.
:/
Go to Top of Page

wutdhec

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2007 :  18:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, IPhone looks awesome...I'll wait for 2.0 though :-) The GPS feature can't be far off - see this demo where IPhone includes Google Maps: http://www.apple.com/iphone/internet/?feature=feature04
Go to Top of Page

ymca

10 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2007 :  18:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea i saw the maps.
cool stuff & with gps whaaaaaaaaaaa...
Go to Top of Page

apple2004

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2007 :  06:25:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one question,can p550 play mp3 druing navigation?that's mean can it play mp3 in background? and how to switch between mp3 and navigation?

thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page

wutdhec

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2007 :  18:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Apple2004,
In summary: No, the song will "skip" and be interrupted constanty. I setup the Windows Media Player to play a song and then started MioMap. Once MioMap starts, it takes over the screen so you can't go back to the media player (at least I don't know how to do it). But, besides that, the sound quality gets bad as I mentioned. I guess the CPU or Windows isn't powerful enough to handle the GPS interrupts and play the song.
Go to Top of Page

fobeeguy

17 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2007 :  19:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After trying many MP3 players, it seems like TCPMP works with TomTom 5
Go to Top of Page

apple2004

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2007 :  05:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi wutdhec and fobeeguy,
thank you both for your reply,I have asked the mio tech-support,they answered that the p550 not support this function,but the mio-c310 or c710 is ok,but it is not convenient. the following are my questions and their answers.but I don't know if TCPMP can work with miomap V3.2,I prefer the miomap V3.2,is Tom Tom 5 better than miomap V3.2?

question1:
I plan to buy p550,but I have one question, is it possible to play m3 during the navigation function?that's mean can it play mp3 and navigation at the same time? thank you very much
their answer:
Dear customer,
Sorry, the windows media player can't support to play mp3 during
the navigation.When you entry to the navigation that will close the windows media player.
question2:
does c710 or c310 can play mp3 during navigation?
their answer:
Dear Sir, Sorry for inconvenience
You will first have to get back to the very beginning menu. You do that by tapping the Menu button, then tapping the House Icon in the bottom right hand corner and finally the Door icon at the top. This will ask you if you want to exit Mio Map and you select Yes. You are now at the beginning menu. Select MP3 icon, and make whatever song selections you want. After you start the play function, press the second icon from the right, at the bottom. It looks like two windows with an arrow point from one to the other. This will minimize the MP3 player, but continue to play the songs and allow you to start Mio Map.

To stop the music, you will have to exit Mio Map and return to the MP3 player to stop the songs.
Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us directly at 1-866-646-4477.
Mio Technologies Technical Support

Go to Top of Page

wutdhec

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2007 :  18:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fobeeguy: thanks for the tip on TCPMP. Works great and doesn't skip during navigation. It was tough getting to a working website to download it...I wonder if the official ones are saturated.

apple2004: Mio's advice isn't exactly correct. The MioMap screen takes over the device, but it doesn't stop the media player (either WM or TCPMP). So, you have to get a nice playlist set up and running before you start MioMap, then you'll hear it play while you navigate. The nav voice can be heard over the music. But, the music isn't really very loud thru the P550 speaker (it is pretty clear though). I guess you'll probably listen via headphones or transmit to your radio.

It would be nice if you could bring up apps over MioMap - anyone know how to do that?
Go to Top of Page

wutdhec

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2007 :  18:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apple2004: Forgot to mention that all my comments apply to P550.
Go to Top of Page

fobeeguy

17 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2007 :  19:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never tried MioMap because my Mio P550 is from hk, so I used the US TomTom5.

The company that made TCPMP released their commercial player CorePlayer (which also work with TomTom), so I think they are gonna switch TCPMP (freeware) to the name BetaPlayer but it's not out yet.

The problem I had with running TomTom and other MP3 player is that after one song is finish, the player would not know how to load the next song, until I minimize TomTom. TCPMP 0.72 is pretty good (haven't tried to 0.8x) and CorePlayer also (a little bit slower but prettier). Use the Aximsite forum for legal free MP3 player http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=128278
Go to Top of Page

apple2004

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2007 :  03:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
exactly,I will listen mp3 through car-radio,thanks!
Go to Top of Page

wutdhec

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2007 :  18:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know where to get these accessories for the P550:
1) protective case
2) external battery power

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Sociable

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2007 :  01:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Krusell makes a very high quality case. You can check them out at www.krusell.se and they will recommend a product and tell you where the closest distributor is. I bought the "Orbit" model from e-bay seller BP Sales Direct (http://stores.ebay.com/BP-SALES-DIRECT_KRUSELL-CASES_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ4QQftidZ2QQtZkm).

The case is made specifically for the 350/550 and is very high quality. BP Sales Direct is in the UK and I am in Canada. I recieved the case in under 2 weeks for less than $40.00 CDN including shipping.

Can't help on the external power supply.

Regards
Doug
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05