Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2295

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Packard Bell - GPS 400/Compasseo
 ** Exclusive - Upgrade your GPS 400 to v5.5 **
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Vimes

193 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2006 :  00:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmm. I even posted you the wrong link, sorry about that :)

http://gps400.accline.co.uk/index.php/Tute/ChangingTheInterface
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 22 mars 2007 :  00:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit that this site has more info then pb themselfs.

I got a gps400 last week and found the device to be running quite slow. Not just the menu interface but the fact that in the house it wouldnt find any satalites and it'd take upto 10mins to lock onto any satalites outside.

One of my work mates said for me to update the firmware so i called onto pb's website downloaded the 1.02 firmware for destinator ver 5.1.
I have followed all the instructions provided but cannot get the thing to run the firmware upgrade.

I know there has been previous posts to do with getting the bootloader to work. For some reason i've been trying for the last 4 hours and still no luck. This is what happens:

I press the power button/bottom left direction button and hit reset and all it seems to do i show the pb logo screen>loading>asks to input time zone etc>tells me i have no maps loaded!

Its getting annoying now, please help :-(

p.s i have flashed/updated firmware/custom firmaware on lots of different devices but this vulcan death grip on the gps400 takes the biscuit! I've gotta be doing something wrong!
Go to Top of Page

Satty

1 Posts

Posted - 03 juil. 2007 :  22:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I would like to update the Packard bell Compasseo 610.
Do I use the same as written above?
Go to Top of Page

Superkekko

10 Posts

Posted - 02 juin 2010 :  12:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone.

Can I know who to refer to with regards this firmware? I need to know who is he to ask him if it would be possible
to add a string in which after a hard reset and before booting, a given file from the mmc is loaded, just as on Mio Pocket navigators, so that I can add my personal modifies without changing original software. Let me know about this matter, I will be glad to test it personally and support.

Many thanks and my apreciations for your works; many times I found useful informations here.

Keep up the good work,

and best regards.
Go to Top of Page

jpeuh

2 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2011 :  15:08:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello I just tried the update on my GPS but no luck it got stuck loading the new FW so I left on the side to allow time for any load the catch is that taking up the GPS it had no battery and has no way to turn it back on then there is a sintillement black screen no sound no picture but it is identified as a USB device not recognized on the computer
you know a solution thank you in advance but if with my 2 years of delay I am not optimistic finally have an answer brief help an elderly gentleman of 54 years before it kills the old woman for breaking the GPS

thank you in advance again
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05