Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1942

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Packard Bell - GPS 400/Compasseo
 ** Exclusive - Upgrade your GPS 400 to v5.5 **
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

zippie

Belgium
8 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2006 :  12:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diddy,

I have the same problem witht the 106 version.
But I found out how to install the 3D and DAY/NIGHT button on the 085 version. It involves editing some files.
It seems there are a lot of functions and buttons that are not displayed in the menus. By editing the ini files you can have htem appear or disappear in the menu and screen layout.

Regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Diddy

Thanksfor the response Kenwood, unfortunately that's where they are! Have also just realised that v5.5.0.106 (as downloaded from the grundig automotive site above)not find a gps signal. Anyone else had this problem?

v5.5.0.85 is great but I like the 2D/3D and day/night toggle on the front screen.
Dave

"Infamy, infamy they've all got it in fae me" - Kenneth williams, Carry on Cleo

Go to Top of Page

swanseahammer

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 28 août 2006 :  23:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have upgraded my (unlocked) Bluemedia BM6300 to Destinator 5.5 - I'd already uninstalled previous Destinator version and installed TomTom Nav 5.21. I had to install the Destinator 5.5 from the cab files on my CD and after a bit of experimenting did not install DShell: it all works perfectly except for the following:
1. When I just drive with the unit instead of setting a route, the clock is wrong even though the CE clock is right.
2. I do not have a setting screen to change language, time zone, etc which it showed in the manual.

Having used them both, I prefer the screen layout of Destinator but the POI capabilities of the TomTom.

If anyone can help, please let me know.
Go to Top of Page

squiffycatlover

3 Posts

Posted - 29 août 2006 :  23:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have followed the instuctions to upgrade to v5.5, all is ok with the exception of my POI, They have a red line throug them are not showing up on my maps. can anone help.
Go to Top of Page

Paul80

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2006 :  00:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The red line shows that you have not enabled the POI.

Highlight the POI you want to use then press actions then show on map.
Go to Top of Page

squiffycatlover

3 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2006 :  10:56:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If i highlight say "airport" the actions button is faded until i press "next", then it shows all the airport locations, i then can press the "actions" button and click on show on map. i have done this with all the airport locations but the poi still has a red line through it?... Is there anything else i can try?
Go to Top of Page

Liebaart

64 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2006 :  11:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have highlighted a topic in the POI section, then you just click on "Near" and there you can click "Show Symbol on Map".
Go to Top of Page

squiffycatlover

3 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2006 :  11:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Liebarrt, Thanks this worked, this is one of the best forums i have the pleasure of joining.
Go to Top of Page

musketter

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 18 sept. 2006 :  23:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried about 20 times to install 5.5, but all I get is one of 3 things, 1, files missing. 2, a blue test screen, 3 boots as normal.
I am pressing all 3 buttons and I know I am doing something silly and I know you are going to make me look very silly but PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

I don't really need Sat Nav, as my Ex Wife is always telling me where to go
Go to Top of Page

musketter

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2006 :  20:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All sorted!!!!!

Yup, I was being silly

Go to Top of Page

Vimes

193 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2006 :  21:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for not helping out, I havew just seen your plea, and then your follow up ...!!!!

Glad that it has worked out for you, you would not believe how long in took me to get the upgrade to work. My friend tried for a few days constantly, so it seemed, before he realised that he needed to unzip the upgrade files on his card first...!!!
Go to Top of Page

musketter

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2006 :  22:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was all me, I was pressing the lower left side of the Big Button and not the right side !!!!

All I need now is to work out how to do the TomTom button on the main screen. I have tried and tried but still cant do it !

Go to Top of Page

Vimes

193 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2006 :  22:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you mean to place a shortcut of TomTom on to the PB400 desktop becuase if you do then navigate (via Active Sync and your PC) to the Windows folder of the PB400 and then the folder called Desktop. Then copy, via the PC, any shortcut that you want from the PB400 to that folder and it will appear on your desktop. Hope that it makes sense...!!!!
Go to Top of Page

musketter

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2006 :  23:55:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers, Thats a great help. I will use that.

I was actually trying to get a button on the normal start up screen along with, or in place of, the MP3 player and the Photo Viewer.

I have no need for either of those 2 buttons, and I only really intend to use it for SatNav. I have downloaded the TomTom pics for the buttons and can change them, I am just having trouble working out how to get the button to do what I want. I belive I have to modify the "Action line".

My TomTom folder seems to be in

" Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator "

In this folder there is a TT symbol (Two red hands) which if I click on it, it will open the programme. I just can't work out how to link it up to the button.

Thanks in advance for any help, Keith

Edited by - musketter on 21 sept. 2006 00:05:51
Go to Top of Page

Vimes

193 Posts

Posted - 21 sept. 2006 :  00:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a number of posts, mine included, in this forum about how to change the 'front' end' and the buttons displayed on the PB 400 and then there is a great tutorial here....

http://all-info.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

musketter

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2006 :  00:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did go through the steps mentioned in the posts but for some reason the "Action" line I was using wasn't working. I found a way of moving the "exe" file to the Destinator folder and renamed and rebuttoned the picture button. I now have what I want.

Cheers guys

Keef

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05