GPS2blue for GPS PDAs (Mio A201/A701) v1.7
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

gpspassion

94668 Posts

Posted - 03 juil. 2006 :  23:31:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No just select COM4/4800 in GPS2Blue too and thanks to the WM5 "gps server" you can use any other app at the same time, TomTom, iGO, etc...

You don't need to activate BT, but if you want to make it work, make sure the Serial Profile is activated on your PC, both local and client to discover the Serial profile on the A701.

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2006 :  21:57:45  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is V. 1.2:
* When GID is used, red/green LED added (and little more...).

When I'll have some more free time, I'll perhaps do the same with SiRF and with direct GPS access...

Downloadable at GPS2Blue web page.

Note: if you like GPS2Blue and want to support it, you can make a donation :-)...

Edited by - paludour on 05 juil. 2006 06:15:34
Go to Top of Page

mahjong

38 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2006 :  06:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
paludour what about having a version of GPS2Blue that replicates the GPS port to a serial port based on connecting the A701/A201 with USB cable to the laptop?

The reason is that during a travel the A201/A701 while get power from the laptop and all you need is give power from the car to the laptop...anyway the batery of the laptop is much longer that the A201/A701.

Just an idea.
mahjong
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 06 juil. 2006 :  10:37:54  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's an idea. But an USB port is not a serial port... Some work in perspective.

Update: I've search for a solution, made tests and tests. One seems to work... Probably a new version soon... :-)

Note: if you like GPS2Blue and want to support it, you can make a donation :-)...

Edited by - paludour on 06 juil. 2006 21:02:46
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94668 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2006 :  00:10:01  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will give v1.2 a try tomorrow, led sounds like a good idea ;-)
Not sure what you would do with the output on USB ?

mahjong

38 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2006 :  06:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is clear... conecting the A701 to the laptop using USB cable instead bluetooth. Then you got power for the A701 from the laptop and the connection is more trustly.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94668 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2006 :  16:19:40  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"clear" ? hum...you don't need GPS2blue to pass GPS data to power the A701, just hook it up via a USB->miniUSB cable and connect over Bluetooth, which is as "trustworthy" as it gets. Anyway, back on topic.

Tried v1.2 on the A701 but for some reason connecting on COM4/GID is no longer possible with any program, most likely unrelated to GPS2blue, will see if I can figure it out.

gpspassion

94668 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2006 :  15:33:22  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After a hard reset of the A701, v1.2 works fine, the Led with GID is nice. The format of lat/long could be modified a bit though, I would put the , or rather . after the degree, i.e. 2.7777 or 48.888

Since you're open to suggestions ;-) Any chance you could add a button to send reset commands for SiRF receivers, such as factory or warm resets, the most "useful" ones. This is the syntax I think :

COLD START : $PSRF101,0,0,0,000,0,0,12,6*12
WARM START : $PSRF101,0,0,0,000,0,0,12,2*16
HOT START : $PSRF101,0,0,0,000,0,0,12,1*15
FACTORY RESET : $PSRF101,0,0,0,000,0,0,12,8*1C

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2006 :  12:03:51  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a known Microsoft bug on some implementation of the GID (not on my A201...). I will implement a workaround correction for the long/lat display.
I think it is easy to send the SiRF commands, so I'll also put that on the next release.
The idea of mahjong keeps me busy... So you'll need to wait a few more days...

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94668 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2006 :  12:27:25  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great, actually these are just serial messages that can be sent in NMEA mode, no need to switch to SiRF binary.

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 11 juil. 2006 :  21:20:02  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is V. 1.3 beta:

* Functions du reset SiRF chipset.
* Option to correct longitude/latitude returned by bugged GID.
* Redirection to TCP/IP, to redirect to PC/laptop without bluetooth... (beta).
- TCP/IP over USB : tested
- TCP/IP over Wi-Fi : not tested, I haven't Wi-Fi :-(
- TCP/IP over GPRS ? : not tested, I haven't GPRS :-(

On the PC/laptop, you have to redirect TCP/IP to virtual COM port with HW Virtual Serial Port. Install it on your PC/laptop and configure it as follows:
+ Default ports: 31873.
+ To set IP address: press "What is my IP" on the PDA.
+ Check "HW VSP works as the TCP server only".
+ Create the port.

Downloadable at GPS2Blue web page.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94668 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2006 :  02:00:18  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great, getting hard to keep up, will test it tomorrow.
Took me a while to find the PC app, that link might help http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html#download

mahjong

38 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2006 :  13:41:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paludour

Here is V. 1.3 beta:

I'm running tests now with the USB connect

Edited by - mahjong on 12 juil. 2006 13:58:56
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94668 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2006 :  17:33:36  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Loaded on the A701 and the Loox T830, haven't tried the TCP/USB part yet, but noticed that the resets only work if GID is off, any workaround for that ? Since we only hav the status with GID it's a bit of a problem. If that can be changed, it would be nice to have some mini buttons for factory and warm resets. The lat/long GID fix works fine, thanks.

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2006 :  20:29:13  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the next release, resets will work with GID.
I've updated to look of the GPS2Blue web page.
I'm waiting for feedbacks on TCP/IP (USB, Wi-Fi)... and I'm taking a few days of holidays... :-)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05