Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GPS Programming
 "Beta" GPS software
 GPS2blue for GPS PDAs (Mio A201/A701) v1.7
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2008 :  09:14:40  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trsc

Hello paludour,
I have installed GPS2Blue v.1.8 on my Asus A636, with WM5 and .NET 2.0 sp1.
The hardware port of GID is set to COM5, the same autodiscovered by DESTINATOR, the software port is set to COM9.
I run GPS2Blue with GPS port set to COM5 and no redirect to see how it works.
I see the flow of bytes, but no Lat nor Lon.
The message is: GPS Port opened. Processing data...
Where is my mistake?
Thank you!

Hello,
All is fine. Lat/Lon is only displaying when using the software port of GID.

Note: if you like GPS2Blue and want to support it, you can make a donation :-)...
Go to Top of Page

Rob2222

1 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2008 :  17:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Paludour

Is it possible to map not only GPS data but all COM data? Then it would be possible to use Sirfflash from PC with G2B to save and flash new sirf firmwares.

BR Robert
Go to Top of Page

trsc

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2008 :  18:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Palutor,
it's ok.
I have red in a replay of yours:
"With GID, you can share GPS data between several applications. To use GID, you have also to use the COM port associated with it."
If I use COM9, DESTINATOR does not find GPS antenna and it does not work. I have to use COM5.
How to use GID with DESTINATOR?
Must I run GPS2blue too?
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2008 :  20:15:42  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If Microsoft's GID doesn't work with Destinator, you can try Port Splitter (http://www.gpsmeter.com/index.php?page=portsplitter). GPS2Blue doesn't share data, it only redirects data.

Note: if you like GPS2Blue and want to support it, you can make a donation :-)...
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2008 :  20:19:32  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob2222

@Paludour

Is it possible to map not only GPS data but all COM data? Then it would be possible to use Sirfflash from PC with G2B to save and flash new sirf firmwares.

BR Robert

Hello,
GPS2Blue redirects all data; you have to uncheck filter incoming data to allow the GPS to receive data from the PC. I don't know why GPS2Blue hangs, perhaps the communication between the PC and the GPS is reseted when flashing SiRF chip.

Go to Top of Page

Vicne

Belgium
4 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2008 :  13:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I just discovered GPS2Blue and installed it on my TyTN II and I really like it. You can add it to the compatibility list btw, at least for logging. It is simple, straightforward and customizable, which is great.

However, like for other GPS apps, the device has to remain powered for logging to work. Seems rather logical.
The problem is : how do you lock the device to avoid unwanted key presses and touchscreen taps ?

What would be great I think is a feature, either inside GPS2Blue or as a stand alone app, that would behave the same as the hardware lock button, but that would keeping the device running : lock touchscreen, lock all keys except a wakeup one, and power off the screen, or at least its backlight. Of course, the device should wake up upon pressing the wakeup key, or upon incoming calls or alarms...

Am I dreaming aloud ? does such an app already exist ? Any information is welcome.

Keep on the good work !

Vicne
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2008 :  13:56:52  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Vicne,

Thank you for your info, I'll add TyTN II in the compatibility list.

Far your question, you can try DeltaLock (http://www.deltadevelopment.de/users/christoph/deltaLock/)

Best Regards,

Paludour

Go to Top of Page

Vicne

Belgium
4 Posts

Posted - 04 avr. 2008 :  22:12:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paludour

For your question, you can try DeltaLock (http://www.deltadevelopment.de/users/christoph/deltaLock/)

Hi,

(sorry, I thought I replied yesterday but I can't find my message)

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried Deltalock and it works perfectly indeed (starting from Deltalock, I also found VJDeviceLock, pLock, Matt Armstrong's DeviceLock, S2U2, Automatic Keylock, Onlock, ... so many that I can't choose now :-)).

I'm now evaluating GPS2Blue and I'll keep you posted about the results.

Keep on the good work, and best regards from Brussels ;-).

Vicne
Go to Top of Page

hanbi

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2008 :  12:13:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Paludour,

i have installed GPS2Blue on xda II mini. It functions so far quite well, up to the functions GDI (is´t integrated). However, the functions which could be improved exist.

1. It would be good if the last GPS-Data (long and lat) are transferred into the fields to the POI Creator. With it would be a quick POI creating possible (radar on route).

2. If lied Data is switched on, it would be better if after every stop of the GPS connection on Mainscreen will stop the logging and after turned on GPS again logging will remain with a new file-name by date and time automatically. (better Geotagging).

You make a good Job

Best regards, Hannes
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 16 avr. 2008 :  08:58:47  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Hannes,
I think it's good suggestions not taking too long time to implement. I'll try to do that soon.
Paludour

Go to Top of Page

hanbi

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2008 :  19:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello paludour,

Thank you for respecting my desire. The point is, while driving a fast Poi produce or have the GPS data available in a log-File for later use.A GPS data input by hand while driving is impossible.

Hannes
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2008 :  21:25:19  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I've implemented your first request (the second one need more times, it will be for a future version...). You can try it by replacing the .exe on your XDA with: http://www.paludour.net/GPS2BlueA201.exe

Go to Top of Page

hanbi

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2008 :  01:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry paludour and excuse please, I have tried but could not find what you
have changed. Maybe I am too tired. Tomorrow I will explain exactly what I believe in detail.

Have a good Night

Hannes
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2008 :  08:26:36  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oups, I'm sorry. Last GPS-Data (long and lat) are now transferred into the fields to the POI Creator, but only when the GID is used (there is no NMEA parser in GPS2Blue...).

Go to Top of Page

hanbi

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2008 :  12:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paludour,

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea of Windows programming, and can therefore only remember my little knowledge of
Database Programming previous fall back as well and I forgot a lot.
But still wants to try to highlight the problem.

For example:
I assume the datasentences from the GPS receiver to come to be used have the same length and the required data in the selected record are in the same place.

If GPS connection is switched on :

Read datasentences from the GPS receiver to var1

then :

if substr(var1,1,5)=GPGLL then var2=substr(var1,7,9) and var3=substr(var1,18,9)

(i dont know the var2 and var3 could be directly the fieldsVar of the POI-Creator. If yes, then the long/lat Data must be allways updated available there each Time die GPS Receiver sends a sentence with (GPGLL).

I assume that there is a Substr function for Windows programming and GDI is`nt needed.

Point 2 could lead to a better and faster handling of the POI production:

fill automaticly the namefieldVar "Name" of the Poi-Mask (overwritable in the POI-Creator-Mask) with sytemDate and sytemTime like in the log processed raw data Mask. Then build an additional push button POI-Create in the main-Mask with have the same function as in the POI-Creator-Mask.

This ensures that a change in the POI mask is`nt necessary for a quick
Creating a POI. The user can using the GPS location of the POI to change the name of the POI later at the end of his route. If he wants to do it before, he can overwrite the field in the POI Mask previously.

There are a few things that could improve handling:

"Log processed raw data"

At this time when you like to record data you have to tag it and allways have to fill out the fieldVar "Ordner" and the saving Place.
I believe that most wants to save the data on the memory card. Let the user fill out or change these fieldsData once (like a config) till it would be overritten by the user, dont change these fieldsdata when untag the log proccess or stop the recording otherwise.

If the log process is tagged to on use the off/on pushbutton in the main-mask to switch recording on/off and leave the log processe tagged on. After you switch the GPS-Connection in the main-mask to off stop the recording and close the recording-file. After you switch again the GPS-Connection to on and the log proccess is still tagged on start the recording again automaticly with a new file named by the new start date and start time.

Therefore multiple switching into different masks until the user no longer wants log and untagged the Process under log process is`nt necessary and save handlingtime in the performance of the function of the program.

This is my idea. I do not know whether everything can be realized. I would not encourage you, to write your good program completely new.

Have Thank you for respecting my idea with regard to the handling

With a friendly greeting

Hannes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05