Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GPS Programming
 "Beta" GPS software
 GPS2blue for GPS PDAs (Mio A201/A701) v1.7
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

neolite

2 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2007 :  03:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right !

I have just tested your advice, and as soon I have start NMEA on ozi explorer on my PC the data starts flowing. So everything is (and was) ok, my mistake.

THANKS !!!
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2007 :  19:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested in using my Samsung I-730 Pocket PC phone as a GPS receiver and display. Can GPS2Blue be used to be a GPS receiver and (instead of connecting via bluetooth to a computer) link to mapping software on the Pocket PC? I would like to use my Pocket PC as a mobile GPS.
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2007 :  07:47:18  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a little post to say that Microsoft releases ".NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2"...
Here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AEA55F2F-07B5-4A8C-8A44-B4E1B196D5C0&displaylang=en
Version 2.0.7045.0 (as shown with Windows\cgacutil.exe)

Edited by - paludour on 11 mars 2007 07:49:13
Go to Top of Page

LowTech

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2007 :  13:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

my Loox N500 is connected to a notebook via USB. With this great GPS2Blue software (and virtual serial port from HW-group) this pocket pc can now be perfectly used as a GPS-mouse.

Unfortunately the N500 has an issue with the standby mode. Start a GPS application (i.e. GPS2Blue) let it run for some time and then switch the N500 into standby mode. When he gets wakeuped again, the serial port does not deliver data any more. With GPS2Blue you can see this exactly, as the byte counter does not increase. But after two short clicks on "off" and "on" in the main window of GPS2Blue, serial data is flowing again!

This happens with every GPS application. Seems to be a Loox/WM5 specific problem. But wouldn't it be possible to add some automatism into GPS2Blue for this issue? When the software detects, that there is no GPS input data for some seconds, just reset/reconnect the input com-port (aka the same like my off/on).

Netherless let me say thank you very much for this fantastic gift to the community.

All the best,
LowTech
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 20 mars 2007 :  05:10:36  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps a stupid question, but why do you switch the N500 into standby mode?

Note: if you like GPS2Blue and want to support it, you can make a donation :-)...
Go to Top of Page

LowTech

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 20 mars 2007 :  09:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paludour

Perhaps a stupid question, but why do you switch the N500 into standby mode?

.. well, some reasons are:

- when idle, the N500 switches himself - after a selected time - into standby mode
- for saving battery
- after finishing navigation
- at night

In any case, the following N500 wakeup needs manual intervention. This is related to a N500 serial port issue and standby mode, not to your software. This bug was introduced with the firmware rom update. Unfortunately it is not possible to downgrade to the previous version. But as FuSi did not fix it, this could be a workaround for GPS2Blue usage.

Thanks,
LowTech
Go to Top of Page

berend

2 Posts

Posted - 20 mars 2007 :  22:34:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I am trying to get the signal of the build in GPS send by bleutooth to my laptop.
On my PPC (HTC P3300) I tried all com ports.
With com ports 1 it says: "Waiting for bleutooth to be enabled".
With com ports 2 it says: "Bluetooth is on, port opened, Bluetooth port connected, GPS Port opened. Processing data..."
With com ports 3, 5, 7 and 8 it says: "IO exception. Bluetooth off? Waiting for bluetooth to be enabled".
With com ports 4 and 6 it says: "Bluetooth is on, port opened, Bluetooth port not connected, wait..."
With com port 9 it says: "Bluetooth is on, port opened, Bluetooth port connected, GPS Port opened. Processing data... Incoming commands....transfered. Incoming commands....transfered. .....

But on neither port I recieve any signal on my laptop. WXP SP2 (build in bluetooth)
The PPC and my laptop are recognizing each other and are paired.

Can anybody please help me with this matter??

Thanks in advance,

Berend
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2007 :  22:02:38  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody,

Here is V. 1.7:
* Option to resume redirection on PDA wake up if hardware doesn't do it (for example some firmware of FSC Loox N500).

This new function is in "File > Power settings > Reset ports on wake up".

It would be great if someone could test on a Pocket PC 2003 hardware... I still have only my Mio A201...

By the way, is somebody has tested GPS2Blue with a Windows Mobile 6 device?

Downloadable at GPS2Blue web page.

Note: if you like GPS2Blue and want to support it, you can make a donation :-)...
Go to Top of Page

LowTech

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 27 mars 2007 :  10:39:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks paludour,
quote:
Originally posted by paludour

* Option to resume redirection on PDA wake up if hardware doesn't do it (for example some firmware of FSC Loox N500).

for your lightningfast support!

Release 1.7 works perfect on my N500 after a standby/wakeup event.

All the best,
LowTech
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2007 :  11:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, seems to be great work you're doing!

Unfortunately I can't get it working. My system is not intended as a PDA, only for navigation. But it is based on WinCE 5.0, so I thougt GPS2Blue could also work.

What I did:
- Install MS .Net Compact Framework 2.0 SP2 (would version 1 be enough?)
- Install GPS2Blue
- Install BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack (there seems to be no MS stack)

When I try to start GPS2Blue, nothing happens - no error message, no other window...

Do you have an idea for me, or is there no hope for it to work on this kind of device?

Stefan
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2007 :  19:17:37  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. .Net Compact Framework 2 is required. I don't know if GPS2Blue should work on WinCE 5.0... What is the model of your device? I don't know why there is no window opening...

Is somebody else tried?

Go to Top of Page

jamesev01

2 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2007 :  22:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paludour,

Thanks for your great software. I am running it on iPaq h6340 (Win Mobile 2003) with BT GPS receiver.

1. Lat / Lon does not display. Is it only available with GID on Win Mobile 2005 onwards?

2. On setting the PDA time, the date is not set. Is this normal?

James.
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2007 :  06:05:16  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello James,

Thank you for your tests.

1. Yes, Lat / Lon only display when using the GID on Win Mobile 2005...
2. You are right, I'm just setting the time. I'll check to set date also.
3. Can you enable the new function "File > Power settings > Reset ports on wake up", begin redirection, switch off and on your iPaq (you'll see 'Wake up...') and tell me if GPS2Blue doesn't crash?

Thank you very much.

Go to Top of Page

jamesev01

2 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2007 :  19:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paludour,

Just to confirm my setup, the GPS receiver is incoming BT. I set up redirecting to COM1. On following your instructions, before powering off the iPAQ, the 'Processed bytes' counter incremented steadily. After powering off and then on, 'Wake up... ...Reset ports.' appeared in the log, followed by 'IO exception. Bluetooth off? Waiting for bluetooth to be enabled'. But no crash!

Hope that helps.
James.
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2007 :  08:00:57  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you James, so the code to detect wake up is also working on Mobile 2003. Great... I've the same behaviour with my A201 (Win Mobile 2005).

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05