Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2801

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GPS Programming
 "Beta" GPS software
 GPS2blue for GPS PDAs (Mio A201/A701) v1.7
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2006 :  10:36:52  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Version Française >> ICI <<
If you like GPS2Blue and want to support its development and author, you can make a donation :-)...GPS2Blue has a mini-site now.

posted in another thread by paludour
For those who own a Mio A201, I've written, for my own use, a little application largery inspired from GPSRedirect... It allows to redirect GPS data (default: COM2) to the Bluetooth port (default: COM7). Microsoft .Net Compact Framework 2 must be installed. It can be freely downloaded and used, at your own risk, I don't make any support.I've tested it with SiRFDemo on my PC and it works!

Latest version of GPS2blue
Here is V. 1.5:
* Compatibility with Windows Mobile 2003 (already present in 2nd 1.4 version).
* "What is my IP" function improved for GPRS (already present in 3rd 1.4 version).
* Function to decipher geocaching hint.
Here is V. 1.4:
* Incoming commands and resets work with GID.
V. 1.3 beta:
* Functions du reset SiRF chipset.
* Option to correct longitude/latitude returned by bugged GID.
* Redirection to TCP/IP, to redirect to PC/laptop without bluetooth... (beta).
More details here.
Here is V. 1.2:
* When GID is used, red/green LED added (and little more...).
Here is V. 1.1:
* Option to disable automatic turn off (powersaving) when redirecting/logging.
* Adjust PDA clock to GPS time.
* Bug fixed: corrupt log file if logging not stopped before exiting.
* Browse for a Tomtom map file (.pna) instead of GPS2Blue.bmp (no need to copy manually GPS2Blue.bmp anymore).
* True installation files (.cab or .exe for ActiveSync), no more .zip file (can they be mirrored on the first thread?).
Here is V. 1.0 :
* On the fly log file compression.
Here is V. 0.9 :
* Tool to add POIs to Tomtom 5.x at specified coordinates.
V. 0.8 (no public release of V. 0.7) :
* Much better GID compatibility (runs well together with Tomtom, can record car trips...).
* Display of the number of processed bytes.
* Possibility to log without Bluetooth (ie: can turn off redirection).
* Possibility to discard all but GGA, GLL, RMC et VTG sentences in NMEA logging (smaller log files).
V0.6
* Compatibility with GID (WM5 server) (I hope...).
* Possibility to log the raw data redirected to bluetooth.
V0.5
* 9600 and 19200 bauds added. (for N560)
V0.4
* Compatibility with landscape mode.
* Small cosmetic changes.

Download - (you will also need MS .NET Compact Framework 2.0)

Quickstart on A201 and A701:
1. Create new Bluetooth incoming port on the Mio (COM7 on A201 and COM8 on A701)
2. Launched GPS2blue with
- A201 : GPS:COM2 Speed: 4800 and BT:COM7
- A701 : GPS:COM2 Speed: 57600 and BT:COM8
3. GPS2blue returns : BT not connected, waiting
4. Discovered and paired the A201/A701 from my PC (COM 6)
5. Launched VisualGPS and the data started coming through.

Note : if you like GPS2Blue and want to support its development, you can make a donation :-)...

Ads

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2006 :  10:37:11  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's interesting, do you think it would work on any PDA ? Does it need the MS BT stack, WM5.0 ? Guess we'll have to give it a try. It would be best to start a new thread about it though.

So I gave it a try on the Mio A710, MS stack and WM5.0 too, but I'm not sure you setup COM7 ? My laptop does not see a serial COM port on the MioA701 and the MioA710 does not see a serial COM port on the laptop. Not sure why the 701 would be any different than the 201 in that respect ?

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2006 :  10:37:47  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote

The GPS port number is the same as the one used for Tomtom for example (COM2 for my A201).

The Bluetooth port number on the GPS is found in the Bluetooth settings, in the "serial port" tab (COM7 for my A201).

On the PC/Laptop, it is another one (to use in the application)... For me, it is COM4 (it can be found in the "Com Ports" tab in the Bluetooth Devices dialog on the PC/Laptop).

Be sure to use the same baudrate in the PC/Laptop application (4800 for NMEA).

I've tried with another app (VisualGPS) in NMEA and it is also OK.

PS: I think SP2 of Windows XP must be installed to use serial connection over Bluetooth.

PPS: To use it, switch on Bluetooth on the Mio, start GPSRedirectA201, press ON. Start the GPS application on your PC/Laptop and connect it to the right serial port.

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2006 :  10:52:48  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I guess what I'm not quite getting is:
1. COM7, in WM5.0 with the MS Bluetooth stack there is no serial port (by the way is it outgoing or incoming) set up by default, you create one when you pair a device, did you pair a Bluetooth GPS first by any chance ? Or does the Mio A210 have the old WidCom stack, odn't think so.
2. COM port on the laptop is going to change, but again, some discovery/pairing must have happened for the serial profile to appear for the laptop.
3. SP2 is probably not required as I have SP1 and the 6515 redirect works ok

Not quite working at this point but what I have done is:
1. Create new incoming port on the Mio A701 (COM8)
2. Launched GPSredirect with GPS:COM2 Speed: 57600 and BT:COM8
3. GPSRedirect returns : BT not connected, waiting, as with GPSredirect on the 6515

Pretty good so far except that my laptop can't see any Bluetooth serial port available on the A701 unlike on the 6515, maybe I need to enable that profile somehow on the A701 or restart Bluetooth after activating the incoming port.

UPDATE : seems like BT is "toast" again on my X31 (happens at random), will reinstall the stack.

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2006 :  10:01:56  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1) PC/Laptop are paired.

2) Config. Bluetooth serial port on A201

3) Config. Bluetooth serial port on PC/Laptop

HOW TO USE (ex: for NMEA 4800 bauds)

1) Switch On Bluetooth on A201

2) Start GPSRedirectA201, select right options

3) Press 'On' Button

4) Start PC/Laptop application and connect with right port settings

It works :-)

PS: when connecting PC/Laptop application, GPSRedirectA201 writes "Bluetooth port Connected!" and "GPS Port opened. Sending data..."

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2006 :  11:37:30  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice pictures ;-)
So yes the A201 has its own "prorpietary" Bluetooth stack, most PDAs out there used to have the WidCom stack but with WM5.0 most have the MS stack that requires a different setup, good news is that I got it to work on the A701 using the following steps:

1. Create new Bluetooth incoming port on the Mio A701 (COM8)
2. Launched GPSredirect with GPS:COM2 Speed: 57600 and BT:COM8
3. GPSRedirect returns : BT not connected, waiting
4. Discovered and paired the A710 from my PC (COM 6)
5. Launched VisualGPS and the data started coming through.

A few comments:
1. As per your previous message, can't send commands through SiRFdemo
2. Does not work on the Qtek G100 though, no data coming through. No other GPSPDA handy to try it with.

Excellent app anyway, will put a news item on the site later this week.

nkapur

21 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2006 :  19:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

<snip>

Great Job. It looks very similar to the next version of the original GPSredirect that I have been developing :) My only comment would be that it might be better to use a name different from GPSredirect so that other folks wont be confused between the 2 applications.

- Nikhil
Go to Top of Page

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2006 :  21:24:02  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sending commands through SiRFdemo was not yet implemented (just receiving data...) but...

Here is a new version (0.2):
* Renamed in GPS2Blue A201 :-)
* Possibility to relay commands to GPS (blocked by default)

Download

Edited by - paludour on 10 mai 2006 21:25:03
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2006 :  22:27:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow that was fast on both counts ;-)
Will try tonight. Are you using any Mio proprietary commands, not sure why the G100 wouldn't work, maybe this new version.

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2006 :  13:01:53  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tested on the A701 and the G100 and it works fine, good work !
A few suggestions:
1. By default you might want to uncheck "filter"
2. Is there a way it can retain its settings upon exit

Quickly tried using the infamous WM5 GPS server, to allow for multiple connections (navigation app on PocketPC and PC) but it's not letting data through it seems, did you try yourself ?

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2006 :  19:41:21  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is version 0.3...

* Settings saved on exit
* Filter setting also saved on exit :-)

Download

Not yet tried with the internal WM5 GPS server...
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2006 :  21:34:19  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great, will try later and check the WM5 server again. Is it ok if I "package it" in a zip on the server with a note saying not to redisribute elsewhere ? We had problems the last time with some lame guy mirroring his app with no mention of the original location and designer.

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2006 :  18:42:26  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for all your suggestions...

Here is the (final ?) version (V. 0.4):
* Compatibility with landscape mode.
* Small cosmetic changes.

Download

I think I will not make any other changes for the moment and you can "package it" on the server.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2006 :  19:56:51  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great, just as I was going to report sucess with v0.3 ;-)

gpspassion

94650 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2006 :  02:36:22  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
v04 looks great, blue color and settings and credits ;-)
No luck so far using the WM5.0 GPS server on the A701, same thing on the A201 I would think ?

paludour

Belgium
100 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2006 :  11:32:26  Show Profile  Visit paludour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GPS2Blue doesn't seem to work with WM5 GPS Server on A201. Perhaps I will look at that for a future version...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05