Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2164

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Mapopolis Official Forum
 User Community
 SD card files
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

randcool

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2006 :  19:55:22  Show Profile
I am trying to use routing sticky from drochet but I can not get the maps I need to show up in Mapopolis.I see them on the sd card in ppc but it will not show on map. Very frustrating what am i doing wrong?

thx
Rand

Ads

Lizard_weasel

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2006 :  20:10:10  Show Profile
Try refreshing your maps...sounds like you've installed new ones or moved them.

Axim x50v, A05 ROM/Globalsat BT-338 Bluetooth GPS/2gb PNY SD card/2gb Kingston CF card/Mapopolis 4.71.03 with NE maps.
Go to Top of Page

randcool

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2006 :  20:17:08  Show Profile
What do you mean by refresh? thx for the answer
Go to Top of Page

randcool

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2006 :  20:26:00  Show Profile
Liz thx for ur help went in to maps and saw the refresh tab and punched it.WORKED! I dont use map much but this is pretty stupid.I know my way around computers pretty much but if you hadn't helped me I would never have thought of this. I like Map but I don't suffer this kind of thing very well. I reset numerous times didn't matter.Thank you very much I appreciate it.Any thing else you can think of I should know? I am moving from wa state to texas and that's why I wanted to get the maps updated.
Go to Top of Page

Lizard_weasel

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2006 :  20:39:24  Show Profile
When Mapopolis first loads, it spends time going through all your files to see all the map files. If you then move them, or put new ones in, it doesn't know until you refresh as you did. The reason for this is to save time....some people (myself included) have several thousand map files available (the entire USA). If Mapopolis was to refresh every time it opens, it'd take 5-10 minutes or more every time, thus the need for the refresh.

Assuming you followed the tutorial and loaded beginning and ending counties, as well as a corridor, you should do fine. I can tell you that when I am traveling through several states I typically load ALL maps from those states, not just a corridor. I don't usually travel more then 2-3 states at a time, so this is manageable. With a trip as long as you are taking, you'd not be able to load all of the states, so the corridor is the best option.

Axim x50v, A05 ROM/Globalsat BT-338 Bluetooth GPS/2gb PNY SD card/2gb Kingston CF card/Mapopolis 4.71.03 with NE maps.
Go to Top of Page

randcool

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2006 :  20:46:43  Show Profile
Yes I knew how it worked but the refresh thing threw me. I don't need it to route to Texas just around where I am going.I couldn't get to beginning and ending because mp wouldn't see the maps but thanks to you I fixed it and have already been to the maps I need. Thx again for replying so quickly it really helped me.

Rand
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05