Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 General Technical Discussions
 SBAS and GPS Accuracy - Side by Side Testing
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

mike99

2 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2006 :  17:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

I got a lock with the Holux GR240 running FW3.2 on PRN39 last week so it's likely back up. Maybe you need a firmware upgrade to be able to use the way EGNOS works now although you'd thing that this is a standard...
My machine and similar ones are still not picking up EGNOS here in central England although the same type of machine does seem to be working with EGNOS in other parts of europe. Might be useful to hear if other people can get EGNOS in their area now that the system has changed.
Go to Top of Page

frder

Italy
46 Posts

Posted - 10 août 2006 :  00:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@pgmunzi

non ho ancora capito come fare per vedere i file che hai linkato, che programma occorre usare?

translation:
I did'nt understand how to read the files in the above links, which program should I use?

francesco
Go to Top of Page

frder

Italy
46 Posts

Posted - 10 août 2006 :  10:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those who want to play with EGNOS, have a look at this site before playing:
http://asqf-gnss.com/mambo/index.php

francesco
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2006 :  11:20:57  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think we've given that link before, anything new there ? Warnings maybe ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

frder

Italy
46 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2006 :  17:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read a lot in the forum, and I have'nt seen the link before.
Anyway, repetita iuvant :-)
I just wanted to give a link where to check the EGNOS availability, since as you could have seen there have been many planned and unplanned SIS outages in the last days, and people could waste their time trying to use or test EGNOS when actually the EGNOS satellites are not transmitting.

francesco

Edited by - frder on 13 août 2006 17:44:09
Go to Top of Page

lperez

6 Posts

Posted - 17 août 2006 :  14:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello.
I have a FS n560, which FW is GSW3.1.1HTC_3.1.00.07-C23P1.00a.
As I saw previously on the forum, with this fw version I should be able to use DGPS, but I can't.
I use SirfTech 1.18 to activate DGPS:
1.- under "DGPS Source", I select SBAS
2.- under "DGPS Mode", I select Auto & 18s
3.- under "SBAS", I try to select Auto, Integrity & Default, & once I click the set button, I try to get the info, but I get "Get SBAS parameter not accepted. A likely reason is that it is not supported on XTrac or GSW3 firmware".

Anybody knows how to set up SBAS?
Go to Top of Page

daberti

14 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2006 :  15:55:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frder

The HDOP is related to the GPS satellites position, it does'nt change with SBAS corrections.
Anyway I think that we should wait the EGNOS gets the full operational capability and then we can test if it's useful or not.
While I'm writing my royaltek 2001 locks for some seconds to the satellite n.39 and then the signal disappears.

francesco

I've the same equipment of yours and I live in Lecco, but I cannnot lock any EGNOS satellite at all!
Could you please help me to tune the Royaltek so that I can bring it to work?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

frder

Italy
46 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2006 :  19:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daberti
I've the same equipment of yours and I live in Lecco, but I cannnot lock any EGNOS satellite at all!

Thanks

The easyest and safest way:
download BTGPS x-mini laptop utility 1.4.9.41 from the Royaltek's site:
http://www.royaltek.com/index.php/component/option,com_weblinks/catid,46/Itemid,82/
Launch GPSDemo, connect to the receiver and select "Enable SBAS".
That's all.

francesco
Go to Top of Page

daberti

14 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2006 :  21:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks

The easyest and safest way:
download BTGPS x-mini laptop utility 1.4.9.41 from the Royaltek's site:
http://www.royaltek.com/index.php/component/option,com_weblinks/catid,46/Itemid,82/
Launch GPSDemo, connect to the receiver and select "Enable SBAS".
That's all.

francesco

Huge thanks. Do you know of any Symbian proggie capable of showing EGNOS satellites besides the nromal ones and if the DGPS is applied or not?

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Leif

Sweden
141 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2006 :  23:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lperez
3.- under "SBAS", I try to get the info, but I get "Get SBAS parameter not accepted. A likely reason is that it is not supported on XTrac or GSW3 firmware".

It's only the 'Get' command that is not supported on GSW3.

If the 'Set' command is accepted by SirfTech without 'NAcknowledgment' message it is really accepted.

If you settle for setting 'Testing', also satellites working in 'Integrity' mode will be accepted.

Best Regards
Dennis Gröning
Go to Top of Page

frder

Italy
46 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2006 :  00:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Huge thanks. Do you know of any Symbian proggie capable of showing EGNOS satellites besides the nromal ones and if the DGPS is applied or not?

Thanks again

AFTrack:
http://www.afischer-online.de/sos/AFTrack/index.html

MapviewGPS and SmartcomGPS show EGNOS satellites but not the DGPS fix.

francesco
Go to Top of Page

daberti

14 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2006 :  01:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
AFTrack:
http://www.afischer-online.de/sos/AFTrack/index.html

MapviewGPS and SmartcomGPS show EGNOS satellites but not the DGPS fix.

francesco

Yes, I'm registered to this proggie. In Satellite view there is the last line with a number which is changing (slightly more on the right than the others). Is this the EGNOS sat. scanning?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

frder

Italy
46 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2006 :  11:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, I'm registered to this proggie. In Satellite view there is the last line with a number which is changing (slightly more on the right than the others). Is this the EGNOS sat. scanning?

Thanks

No, the EGNOS satellites are always the last satellite reported in the column/line (since in the GSV sentences they are always reported as the last satellite). The numbers are 33,37,39.
I dont't know what's the meaning of the number in the last line in AFTrack's satellite view that is slightly on the right.

francesco

Edited by - frder on 20 août 2006 11:56:19
Go to Top of Page

daberti

14 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2006 :  18:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
No, the EGNOS satellites are always the last satellite reported in the column/line (since in the GSV sentences they are always reported as the last satellite). The numbers are 33,37,39.
I dont't know what's the meaning of the number in the last line in AFTrack's satellite view that is slightly on the right.

francesco

Such a number is just on the right, last line. I guess it shows the WAAS/EGNOS satellite scanning status, and in fact it scans. But does not manage to get any of them.

Ciao
Go to Top of Page

frder

Italy
46 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2006 :  22:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Such a number is just on the right, last line. I guess it shows the WAAS/EGNOS satellite scanning status, and in fact it scans. But does not manage to get any of them.

Ciao

I don't think so. Because the number ranges below 33, and the first SBAS satellite number is 33, and also because in the NMEA sentences there is'nt any information of what the receiver is scanning. If an EGNOS satellite is tracked, even for a second, it appears in the first available line after the GPS satellites and on the satellite map, with azimuth, elevation and signal power data.

francesco
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05