Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1952

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Sports GPS Systems
 [SINGLE TOPIC] Garmin Forerunner 205/305
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bjboucher

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2007 :  21:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all! I am interested in buying a 305 but have a couple questions. I am a runner and have been using the Polar S625x to get my heart rate, speed and distance. I am starting to have some issues after about 18 months, so I'm looking at possible replacements. I am an american currently living in Germany, so my first question is how good is the signal quality of the 305 in Europe? Are there different 305 models for the US and Europe or does the same model work worldwide? One thing I really like about my Polar is how well it charts change in altitude. Is the 305 good at tracking change in altitude as well? Thanks for all your help!

Brad
Go to Top of Page

kulingen

7 Posts

Posted - 03 août 2007 :  17:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
Can the US version show km instead of miles?
LGJ, Norway
Go to Top of Page

semka

20 Posts

Posted - 19 sept. 2007 :  18:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kulingen

Hi!
Can the US version show km instead of miles?
LGJ, Norway

Yes
Go to Top of Page

t rev

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2008 :  18:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it worth saving a few bucks and buying a used Forerunner 205 or just get a new one?
Go to Top of Page

fruitz

3 Posts

Posted - 14 mars 2008 :  05:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnMinnesota

Yes - any company that has their attorney deal with customer complaints has some major issues!

Globalsat GH-601 - now that looks like a cool device. I am going to dig in and see about getting one of those. Thanks for creating this forum. It is indeed one of the best I've found on this topic.

Have a great day!
John

You filed
Go to Top of Page

DLynch

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 25 août 2009 :  05:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
Just bought a Garmin 305 Forerunner from Costco Canada. It was relatively inexpensive==$176 Cdn IIRC. Goal? Move more, watching my heartrate. I'm too heavy.
Put the unit on--surprise! The pulserate is in the upper right corner. It's so small that old eyes can't read it (there's a little hope if I really try in bright, bright light. I'm 62...)
BUT--I just found there is a fix.

Turn unit on. Push Mode button twice to go display (History, Training, Navigation, Settings) Scroll down and select settings. Select "General". Select "Data Fields"

I selected "4" displays on the screen, selected a screen I would like to change, then scrolled through until I found Heart Rate.

When I was done, my 305 displays:

* Time * Heart Rate
* Distance * Time of Day

Works for me!

Regards,
Dave Lynch
Toronto

Regards, Dave
Member No. 259\\\Many Garmin units from gps III years ago to Nuvi 1390LMT now
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 25 août 2009 :  11:40:29  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip and good luck with the exercising !

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2010 :  13:36:19  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Took out the ol' FR205 to record tracks on the runs, connect via USB with Sporttracks and that's it. The FR405 is more compact but less convenient with the required USB ANT key and special cable to charge it.

Track uploaded on Snow Days for an analysis of the lifts, runs and breaks : http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=131552#929177

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93785 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2010 :  19:13:23  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still enjoying my FR205, probably the "oldest" (2006) GPS system I'm still using! Amazon is having a Cybermonday sale on the FR205 at $100 and the FR305 at $130 with the heartrate monitor :
FR205 : http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Forerunner-Receiver-Sports-Watch/dp/B000CSQJ8C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1291054171&sr=8-4
FR305 : http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Forerunner-Receiver-Heart-Monitor/dp/B000CSWCQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291054171&sr=8-1

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05