Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin iX, C3x0 and C5x0 Systems
 Garmin 310, 320, 330 update version 5.01Beta
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tron_1

117 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2006 :  23:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the update http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1283

Changes made from version 4.80 to 5.01 BETA:

Added support for via points.
Improved address searches to allow for selecting which map to search on when multiple maps are available.
Corrected a bug where the user could get stuck in the address search pages.
Corrected a bug where some address searches would give back invalid results.
Added ability to save waypoints from the Browse Map page.
Improved city searches to search across all available maps.
Corrected a bug where voice turn prompts in Finnish were incorrect.
Corrected a bug where French data cards would initialize voice language to French-Canadian.
Added support for New Zealand regional settings.
Improved the timing of voice guidance prompts.

Ads

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2006 :  23:52:06  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The via points are going to be of interest I think, not sure why the 340 is not compatible with this update.

alexcklam

10 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  00:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got that email too.
Wondering if it's really waypoints or just POIs...
Go to Top of Page

dsnowden

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  00:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this one too....Added ability to save waypoints from the Browse Map page
Go to Top of Page

mshilling

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  01:08:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone figured out the via points? I love the feature to add waypoints via browse map but I cant figure out the via points.

Thanks!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

James1549

USA
325 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  01:19:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please explain "via points". Thanks, James

PS - The SAVE option in the "browse map" works great.

James
Go to Top of Page

mshilling

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  01:26:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nevermind, I figured it out. If you are in a route, you can do a "where to". Then click "near" in the bottom center.

Then choose "My Current Route"

Find what you want to find, then it will ask you " Do you want to continue to your final destination by way of XXX "

Choose yes, and it inserts the via point into your route.

Very nice. I really like this feature.

Thanks garmin for listening a little :)

Mike
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  02:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooo so anyone try out the Via Points feature? Is it really like the old 2160s? Via points where you can enter in multiple stops for one trip? I WOULD LOVE THAT!
Go to Top of Page

James1549

USA
325 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  04:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, thanks for the help.

I tried to add several "via points" while in route. So far it will only let me add one "via point". If I add a second "via point" it will cancel out the first one. Is there a way around this?

James
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  04:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The nicest thing about this update is that Garmin have listened to what people have said.

Thankyou Garmin for the return of the Save from Browse Map feature

Thankyou also for the via points.
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  04:40:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

The via points are going to be of interest I think, not sure why the 340 is not compatible with this update.

The 340 firmware has always been separate from the 310/320/330 firmware has it not.

Perhaps thats the priceyou pay for text-to-speech, and traffic capabilities
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  04:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James1549

I tried to add several "via points" while in route. So far it will only let me add one "via point". If I add a second "via point" it will cancel out the first one. Is there a way around this?

James

OK thats enough for me! I'm going to install it now! I hope its a stable version! Unlike 4.0 where it crashed and froze a lot of the units.
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  05:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Another Change is that the GPS option menu now offers the option of

WAAS / EGNOS (previously just WAAS)

Is this truly an upgrade or is EGNOS just operational, so they've included it.

Or is this another unannounced upgrade with this Firmware?

2. The first MISTAKE on the new beta Firmware. Custom POI symbols (bmps) don't show up. I'm going to load them again to make sure, but this is a little bit of an oversight. (edit) Reloaded with POILoader - bmps still missing. Have emailed Garmin c/- the email on the download page

StreetPilot.c3xx@garmin.com

Otherwise this is an excellentupdate so far.

Edited by - hcornea on 10 févr. 2006 07:18:36
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  07:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another thing with this update. The method used for calculating routes has changed.

I use the unit to route from home to work on occasions - OK, I know. There is a post about this somewhere in this forum.

The emphasis placed on the roads must be different because the unit is picking a COMPLETELY different route.

(Edit) Routes are not as good ... I'll investigate more, but I think they should change whatever they changed back again.

Anyone else found a route they know well which the unit now calculates differently?

I did suggest once in an email to Garmin that the route calculation takes into account minor roads trying to cross major roads (a major source of holdups with the route my unit used to choose)

I'm not sure what the exact difference here is. Avoidances same, Faster route - all settings the same.

Edited by - hcornea on 10 févr. 2006 08:08:56
Go to Top of Page

pearle

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  14:28:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it gives a lot more street detail in the route mode. You know labels for cross streets and stuff it did not give before. It used to give nothing now almost every cross street is labelled.

Edited by - pearle on 10 févr. 2006 14:29:54
Go to Top of Page

pearle

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  18:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, after making a longer trip, maybe it does not do every cross street or road, but I do believe it is giving way more information than before.
Go to Top of Page

Kris2005

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  19:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same impression - more street labels. So maybe this is an improvement.

What however is invaluable is the SAVE function! I was looking for it 2 weeks ago while in unknown city trying to save a location. Now it is back! And it is welcome!
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  22:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pearle

Okay, after making a longer trip, maybe it does not do every cross street or road, but I do believe it is giving way more information than before.

Are you sure before you had it on MAX Detail setting? Maybe when you upgraded it changed your setting to MAX detail...

Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  22:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool so it seems like this Beta version is working pretty well for everyone.

Just one Via point? I want more than just one though... Its a start. I like it!
Go to Top of Page

pearle

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  22:33:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah....I am pretty sure I had MAX detail set all along. I was just noticing last as I was going somewhere, it sure would be nice for that major highway to be labelled. I think this update will do it.
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2006 :  23:47:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EBMCS03

Cool so it seems like this Beta version is working pretty well for everyone.

I'm getting different routes (see above) and I don't particularly like them.
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2006 :  00:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, SERVER SAYS TANKS ;-)

Ya I saw that. how different and how bad are they new routes? I'm going to have to give it a try tonight I didnt get to it yesterday.

Will report back!
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2006 :  02:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I got 5.01 installed now how do I enter in a Via Point?

Edit: Oh just go back and enter in another destination and it'll ask you. I GOT IT. hehe

Edited by - EBMCS03 on 11 févr. 2006 03:00:53
Go to Top of Page

Jett Lagg

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2006 :  03:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh, neat. For the new via application to work just hit 'where to' then 'my location' if you have a favorite already as an example, then hit 'go' then if you think of a different place you need to go as you are driving just hit 'menu' then 'where to' then add the place you want to go to, then hit 'go' it will then pop up a message saying 'Do you want to continue to your final destination by way of "(your new destination)"? click 'yes' and your new via is setup. Neat!
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2006 :  15:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Routing definitely not good.

I asked the unit to route from my house to my mothers (about 3-1/2 hours away). The unit has added a bizarre 40 minute circuitous path to this - neither shortest, nor fastest!!

The route map was so perplexing I've emailed a copy to the Garmin beta feedback email, as an example.

I think you'd be mighty peeved if you'd followed the c320 route for that journey - only to find you could have saved a huge amount of time.

One of the things about units that can't save or load routes is that these glitches in the autorouting matter even more.

I agree that there's more detail on 3D map, though. I like this update, but hate the routing and loss of custom POI bitmaps.

Oh, and does autozoom seem to function a little better too?

Edited by - hcornea on 11 févr. 2006 15:27:31
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2006 :  19:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK ya I tested it and played around setting myself at differnt locations and asking it to simulate routes.

The Routing is not good. It took me on non-ideal routes. Asked for it to go from long beach to oxnard and it wanted me to go 405 north to 10 west and exit raytheon road for 44 miles on local street!!

Yahoo maps and I personally would take 405 N to 101 N towards Ventura. NOT a city road!
Go to Top of Page

redcloud

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2006 :  21:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, one positive consideration is that it is a Beta. Off with it's head!
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2006 :  21:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nooooo but I like the extra detail, Via Point, and being able to save a way point in browse view!
Go to Top of Page

Doglips

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  01:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James1549

James

You're not alone. I was equally disappointed that it seems to only allow a single waypoint. Next to useless. If there's a workaround to allow multiple waypoints, I'm all ears !!
Go to Top of Page

Doglips

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  01:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me as another disappointed user on the waypoints. I haven't been able to find a way to make more than one waypoint for a route. Is there a workaround? Seems next to useless to allow only one waypoint...
Go to Top of Page

James1549

USA
325 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  02:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The little I have used the Beta version, I haven't found many differences that make it a great improvement. I really have not found any additional details/markers in my particular areas.

A while back I emailed Garmin about the arrow marker (your location) being too large for such a small screen. I also suggested a lighter color. Well the arrow is definitely smaller I noticed tonight. Here is a comparison:

Edited by - James1549 on 12 févr. 2006 02:37:28
Go to Top of Page

Kris2005

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  06:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James1549

from your post it is clear that the new firmware show LESS DETAILS!
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  06:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK - I've now reverted to 4.80.

The routing was intolerably bad .... and after all that is what the unit is for.

Bye bye via point and map detail. I even liked the verbal directions more ... but I'm not driving 40km out of my way for anyone!

One thing if you are reverting .. the unit does a master reset when downgrading firmware.

Lost Favorites, took ages to re-acquire a satellite, and even then I had to tell it that I'd moved 100's of miles so it would reset its ephemeris (or whatever that thing's called)
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  07:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hcornea

OK - I've now reverted to 4.80.

The routing was intolerably bad .... and after all that is what the unit is for.

Bye bye via point and map detail. I even liked the verbal directions more ... but I'm not driving 40km out of my way for anyone!

One thing if you are reverting .. the unit does a master reset when downgrading firmware.

Lost Favorites, took ages to re-acquire a satellite, and even then I had to tell it that I'd moved 100's of miles so it would reset its ephemeris (or whatever that thing's called)

Yikes! I dont want to revert down... I dont wnat to lose all my stuff... I hope Garmin fixes it soon... so I can upgrade again.
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  09:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No ... all I'm saying is save your waypoints (using Mapsource, or GPSUtility, or whatever) before you "downgrade". Didn't mateer when I upgraded.

The software install went fine, and so long as you tell the unit you've moved when it can't find satellites ... it does an initial satellite search (cold start), so so long as you have a couple of minutes it was fine.

Now that I've changed the settings, the unit seems just like it always was.

... and yes, the routes are back to normal .. thank goodness.
Go to Top of Page

James1549

USA
325 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  16:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anytime I upgraded Firmware, everything went well - all settings and data remained intact. But everytime I played around and installed an earlier version, I lost everything. Luckily I have all my [.csv] files saved in a folder, including my [Favorites]. Also I keep a copy of my Splash Screen in there.

James

Edited by - James1549 on 12 févr. 2006 19:40:26
Go to Top of Page

Kris2005

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  16:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hcornea,

interesting about the routing. I have tried a few routes I do travel frequently and everything seems OK. I will do more testing within a week or so but so far I am happy. As I travel frequently interstate to new places I do need SAVE feature. It is important to me. But than again we all purchased the unit as a PILOT! So the routing, and I mean right routing should always prevail.
Go to Top of Page

redcloud

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  18:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too bad, I was going to load 24K topo (it has routing and navigation capability unlike UStopo) onto my c320 and test it with the Beta during my next weekend stay at SNP. I'm not doing so until Beta 5.01 is fixed.
Go to Top of Page

stevepowers

290 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2006 :  23:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loaded the Beta version and looks good to me. The via point works fine and the ability to save a favourite from browse map is great (even though this is just reinstating a function we used to have in the past),

Not noticed any problems with routing - at least no worse than the previous version - for the routes I've tried so far.
Go to Top of Page

redcloud

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2006 :  00:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there still a problem loading custom bitmaps w/ custom POIs?
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2006 :  01:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While i notice the routing is not as good as before its still "alright" as i dont use it everyday so its ok for me. I'll keep this beta version for now.

I do hope they'll fix the routing issue and release a new version soon.
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2006 :  04:53:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redcloud

Is there still a problem loading custom bitmaps w/ custom POIs?

The bitmaps load, they just don't show up on the map. ... only dots.

I would think they should be able to fix that, and apart from the routing, I really liked the update.

I still remain optimistic.

I also think it's positive that they released this as a beta, given the previous problems with buggy firmware updates.
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2006 :  06:09:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone (in Europe) tried the EGNOS setting?
Go to Top of Page

maggisam

4 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2006 :  14:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I LOVE the new update, mainly because it provides some characters that have been missing (þ-æ). these letters are very important here in Iceland. and therefore this upgrade is a lifesaver.

Also I have been using EGNOS last weekend and I honestly dont see a different in accuracy.

Sincerely
maggisam
Go to Top of Page

Jett Lagg

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2006 :  16:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After working with my c330 this weekend I went and reverted back to the earlier version. I worked it pretty hard in my local area and it did take me on some longwinded routes that should have been obviously shorter(I have it set to fastest route by the way). Also the Via part didn't make sense to me after I worked with it awhile. And I did lose all my favorites. Forgot it would be a total reinstall, which by the way was effortless and no hang up's at all. I drive a semi truck and I had quite a few in there for my route. Oh well. I'll stand by for the revised upgrade. As for the EGNOS I noticed no more accuracy than usual. Just my thoughts, yours may vary.

Edited by - Jett Lagg on 13 févr. 2006 17:01:26
Go to Top of Page

cprgolds

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2006 :  03:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks to me like the 5.01 gives what was the fastest route with 4.80 on the shortest route setting.

The fastest route is now the most circuitous route.

Hope this is improved before the final release.

Go to Top of Page

komsan

12 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2006 :  04:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Brothers
I'm a C320 User from Thailand. I have read this forum for a while until the new 5.01 beta FW released. It makes me to decide whether upgrade from 4.8 to 5.01b or Re-OS to Thai Edition OS. I like the new Via Point function and need to test but my unit was in the process of sending back to Garmin Taiwan. It is possible to recall my unit back until 16 Feb 2006 so I need your comments or benefits of the new FW.

Should I Re-OS or upgrade to 5.01? After Re-OS, It will never flash to International FW anymore!!

Note: Thai Edition FW (Re-OS) :
1. FW is developed, based on FW ver. 4.2
2. Ability to Mark Waypoint on "Browse Map" Page
3. Support Thai language and Thai Menu but only 2 Languages support (Thai, Eng)
4. Ability to see the Satellite Signal page (Press upper left corner on main screen , below the signal indicator)
5. Thai Voice Instruction added
6. Route color is changed from Red to Pink

Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2006 :  04:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ability to see the Satellite Signal page ???? Really? I WANT THAT... can we get it on ours? in the US?
Go to Top of Page

dusoft

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2006 :  09:13:09  Show Profile  Visit dusoft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hcornea

Has anyone (in Europe) tried the EGNOS setting?

Czech Republic. I have been trying it. No differece (for me - )

Are there some better (in EGNOS)?
Go to Top of Page

komsan

12 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2006 :  09:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EBMCS03
I am not sure that FW 5.01 could do it or not, But Thai FW could. Have you tried it?

However, Garmin Taiwan did not allow user to flash this FW via USB by themselves, User have to send the unit to Garmin only. I don't know why? If English is your primary language, You can use Thai OS and has ability to show satellite page. Maybe the next international FW will add this feature, I hope.

Luckily, Garmin Thailand has a great customer support. They prepared 70 C320 units reserved for replacement during 1 month Re-OS process and I'm the one who participate this program.

Go to Top of Page

redcloud

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2006 :  22:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a screen shot of the satellite page?
Go to Top of Page

dusoft

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2006 :  01:21:53  Show Profile  Visit dusoft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today I have tested 5.01 upgrade on 250km trip + cca 40km in Prague (4x Address to address) include "via-point" function (very nice gadget). Trace routing and other functions stay normal.
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2006 :  07:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*UPDATE*

Ok I got an e-mail back from Garmin. heres what they said about the bad routing...

We appreciate the feedback regarding the Beta. Would you mind going in to
your "Avoidances" options, enabling avoid Highways, and then disabling it.
After that, please try the same route as below and let us know if you are
getting a more appropriate route (also if you get better routes in general).

Thank you,

Street Pilot c3xx Team

I tried it and it actually fixed the horrid routing from Long Beach to Oxnard. It now uses proper freeways again. 405N to 101N and then exit

Before it told me to exit waaaay early and go 44 miles on a local street!

Now I have to monitor how it routes everything else...

so for those of you who are getting bad routing try this suggestion. It might be a fix...

Edited by - EBMCS03 on 16 févr. 2006 07:18:59
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2006 :  17:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks EBMC,

I got a similar email, but unfortunately my c320 has died and is sitting in a registered post-bag ready to be returned (see another thread) so I was unable to try the fix.

It is encouraging to think that the routing on this version might be OK after all.

Now .... can I please have by Custom POI BMPs back on the browse map view

... oh and that satellite screen on the Thai Firmware looks good too. Can't they just copy the code or something?
Go to Top of Page

komsan

12 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2006 :  19:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hcornea,
I Have the Thai FW unit on my hands but don't know how to backup or share the FW. If anyone knows how to do, I will try.
Go to Top of Page

dusoft

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2006 :  01:14:19  Show Profile  Visit dusoft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Satellite screen - I have a question: Upper left display = speed, Upper right display = altitude?
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2006 :  01:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am very interested in being able to access the satellite information page on the Garmin C320 I've seen made reference to in this thread (or any other Easter eggs for that matter... this forum is great!). Is this something new in the 5.01 beta firmware and I'm missing something, or is it only in the Thai firmware? I could not find and other information on this feauture, or the Thai firmware to download and try. I wouldn't mind using the Thai firmware, as long as English is still and option, and it works in the US.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

komsan

12 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2006 :  04:22:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dusoft,
You understand correctly, Speed + Altitude (Height)

Fgullama,
Thai FW is not available for download, ESRI (Garmin) Thailand has the setup file. After they have tried for a several months, still lock up problem when flashed to Thai FW. There are no solutions however it can be fixed by Garmin head office (Taiwan) only. If you know how to retreive FW from the C320 unit, I am ready for sharing.
Or you may send the request to Garmin in order to add this feature into the next international FW version. I think they can do easily.

Edited by - komsan on 19 févr. 2006 04:33:07
Go to Top of Page

Philemon

21 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2006 :  12:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Satellites status screen:
Probably not far (at least technically) as this is a feature already implemented in the Nüvi.
... but not sure that Garmin wishes to fill all the gaps between the C3xx and the Nüvi.
Go to Top of Page

ougum

23 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2006 :  17:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried the enable-disable "avoid highways" today and the routing is still very bad compared to routes before I updated. We don't have a major trip before May. Hope Garmin fix the problem before then.
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2006 :  20:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ougum

I tried the enable-disable "avoid highways" today and the routing is still very bad compared to routes before I updated. We don't have a major trip before May. Hope Garmin fix the problem before then.

It seems to have improved it a tiny bit but the routes it chooses are still not as good as before.

Also I've noticed that sometimes at the beginning of a route. Like if I activated the NAV while I am driving telling it to take me HOME and the freeway on ramp is straight ahead it will tell me to go around the block 1 full circle, like make 3 right turns around the block, before telling me to go on the freeway. It seems like the NAV thinks I'm somewhere else like on a side street rather than on the main road that I'm on. This only happens sometimes.

Heres another one. Last time I was on the 210 freeway going West, by Arcadia, California. "Home" was basically south west of me. So the Fastest route was to go south and then exit and take one of the main streets going south and arrive home. Instead it told me to get off the freeway get back on 220 East and take 605 South then take 10 west then exit and go north a little to arrive home. That makes no sense. Its much longer more confusing...

So I tried using the detour button and it just told me to drive on the 210 West one more exit THEN exit and get back on the 210 East to the 605 South and 10 West.

By then I decided to "STOP" the whole routing and re-enable it. NOW it was telling me the correct direction. To just stay on the 210 West and exit a street and drive south to "HOME".
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2006 :  23:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please Please Please email the beta feedback and tell them that their fix is no good.

I'd do it myself, but I'm Streetpilotless at present - so haven't been able to try the fix.

Given that the actual code is written for a sat page for a c320 (on the Thai FW), there should be almost NO work on their part for this - so ask for that too!
Go to Top of Page

EBMCS03

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2006 :  00:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup I did... I sent an e-mail telling them about the routing problem and also said P.S. can you add the satellite page...
Go to Top of Page

jim28277

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2006 :  04:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loaded 5.1 on my wife's C330 this weekend and didn't notice any funny or circuitous routes. How wide spread is this problem with 5.1?

regards Jim
Go to Top of Page

gazingm42

61 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2006 :  02:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I emailed them about the issues with the BMP on custom POI. They said they are aware of the issue and
will not be fixed until now 5.2 version.
Go to Top of Page

redcloud

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2006 :  17:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That means that the next non-Beta release will probably be 5.2
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05