Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2270

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Mapopolis Official Forum
 Beta Testing
 WMS beta 4.71.04 - "Single Track" - 26 June 2006
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Jsheathcote

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2006 :  00:22:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jsheathcote

quote:
Originally posted by Ris

Hi Jay,

I've not heard of that happening and can't guess why it should occur when upgrading from 4.71.02 to .03. When you say it wouldn't recognize any of the maps... what does that mean? Did you go to Choose Maps > View > Refresh, to make it scan for maps, but it didn't find anything?

Occasionally I try to find a route, select the start and destination and hit the X to start but it will distort the screen and the Pocket PC will lock up. To bring it out I have to force a reset.

Then when I retry I find that all my map selection has reset and Northern Ireland has defaulted.

On the occasion when it lost all my maps, I could not get Mapopolis to find them again, even thought they were still clearly stored on the SD card.

I'll try and get more details should it happen again.

Jay

HP iPaq hx2410 with 256Mb CF, 256Mb SD and Holux Supermouse

I have found the cause of the problem with screen distorts when searching for a new route.

If Mapopolis has not yet recognised the GPS signal the program bugs out, messes up the screen and forces you to reboot to unfreeze the iPaq.

Jay

Go to Top of Page

dendthoff

10 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2006 :  04:48:54  Show Profile
I started using the latest beta on my Motorola Q about a week ago and it works fine. There is a little scrolling required on some of the menus, but other than that it works fine.

The only other small bit of annoyance is that all the hardware keys require you to change your keyboard to numeric mode. Not a huge deal, and very understandable since this is the first QWERTY smartphone.

I-Mate KJAM / Atech GR-102 / 1GB MiniSD
MIO-168 / 1GB SD
Mapopolis 4.63 Beta
Go to Top of Page

Jsheathcote

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 28 juin 2006 :  00:26:45  Show Profile
If you try to search for a route with "Current position" as the start point before Mapopolis has locked onto the GPS signal the program crashes, distorts the screen and forces you to perform a hard reset on the Pocket PC.

Jay

Go to Top of Page

Dr_StrangeTrick

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2006 :  09:46:51  Show Profile
Mapopolis 4.71.05, Very nice I like the new method of map management

But do I have some issue...
Previously I would keep all my custom MLP files in a separate folder. Now to be able to combine them with a specific region I need to move the MLP files into that region's map folder

Also the multiple select on the choose region screen does not work if I enable multi select and I have England highlighted then press down to France and press Done it unloads England and only loads France. The MRM's remain open but thats no good for cross region routing as the detail maps have been closed

Now one of the best and worst features in one go.
You can now find an address anywhere in the region and once the road has been found Mapopolis will take you there immediately. So even if you don't know which county 'Eardley End Road' is you can just type that into the street box and you have a match for all Eardley end roads (no more messing with counties) However on my device (UK Orange C550 it takes over 10 minutes to find Eardley End Road

So to make things faster I decided to do a more local search and to change Anywhere to Castle Bromwich. While this does make the searching faster we encounter on another problem. on the City/Postal code screen you have to up/down or page up/page down now this is a complete nightmare to find Castle Bromwich I had to press and hold 5 for 50 seconds to get to Castle... on the list. Trying this the other way I decided to try where I work (Solihull) and this took over 80 seconds to press 4 then press and hold 2 to work up to Solihull.

While we have made fantastic advances in map management the implementation is sadly lacking (or at least on the SmartPhone version) so please please please can we have some form of Smart Filter on the City/Postal Code screen something like the SmartPhones built-in contact search. Like when you are on the home screen and you want to dial Jane you press 5 and that filters the contact list to everything that begins with JKL then you press 2 then press 6 and instantly you have Jane.

If the region multi select and the city/postal search could be fixed then this would be a winner

Orange C550, Holux GPSlim 236
Go to Top of Page

Dr_StrangeTrick

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2006 :  21:25:36  Show Profile
Some observations while driving today.

Performance is slightly down, some pauses in the speech and when zooming in and out while driving you would see the purple box and quite often it would pause for a few seconds then carry on. It is just about usable but only just.

Navigation seems to have improved on my drive back home today I was given route which practically matched the way I drive home normally.

Love the new region system

Go to Top of Page

Dr_StrangeTrick

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2006 :  06:29:07  Show Profile
Very quiet round here, any SmartPhone users left

Anyway downloaded the latest and we now go back from region based mapping to conventional county mapping.

This obviously removes the search issues as now Mapopolis only searches the selected maps but I am pleased to report the 'improved' routing seems to have carried over to the normal version of Mapopolis

So come on everyone give this new version a try and post your comments

Go to Top of Page

GrYph0n

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2006 :  20:06:29  Show Profile  Visit GrYph0n's Homepage
What happened to the beta testing? I have been using this latest version since I have been back in the states, but this topic seems to have died.

Eric Jones
"GrYph0n"
Editor and Administrator of
www.mobilegadgetnews.com

Using i-Mate Smartflip with GlobalSat BT359W GPS.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05