Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2275

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 www.POInUSA.com - Sharing Custom POIs
 Custom POI "Collections"
 ** Sharing Custom POIs - www.POInUSA.com - v4 **
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

OldSchool845

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 22 mai 2006 :  19:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raaaaaa

the "panera bread" link does not work can someone email it to me
raaaaaa@optonline.net

Hi raaaaaa,

Just wanted to know if you were still having problems with the New York Panera Bread POI list. I'm currently working on a national list, so I was just looking for some feedback before I went any further...

Garmin StreetPilot c340 owner since April 2006
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 22 mai 2006 :  19:28:09  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There was a problem with the link but I fixed it, sounds like we have another candidate for the new forums with dedicated threads for each "collection" ;-)

Harrell

3 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2006 :  23:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the risk of seeming a pest...I tried to look for other messages that might pertain to my problem (error mssg w\Starbucks) and could find none. Granted, I'm a bit lost on this site. Great idea about each paticular POI having it's own thread, but alas, it doesnt. of all the wonderful links here, Starbucks is the most essential for me...is there anyone that can help??
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2006 :  01:26:15  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well at least it looks like we have a candidate to manage the "Starbuck POI Collection", if mors is ok ;-) I'm sure we'll figure out the problem between us, and I'll help you format it as I stared one for France yesterday linky.

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2006 :  17:46:03  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Australian speedcams now have their own thread :
  • Australia Speedcams v5 by hcornea - > POI COLLECTION THREAD <

• _________________________________________________________________________
    Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
    Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2006 :  18:23:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Redclout (and others)

First of all, thanks for taking all the trouble to assemble and share your POI information.

Question on installation. According to the Garmin POI loader help file, all csv files are uploaded from a single directory. Each upload overwrites the prior upload. Hoever, some of the files in your various zip files have the same names - hence they would overwrite one another in the sam directory. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to load multiple state POI's together.

Thanks
    Go to Top of Page

redcloud

USA
    427 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2006 :  01:07:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Assuming that all 50 states speedtraps were available, I don't think they would all fit in the unit. So, I figured it would make sense to divide the speed traps by states.
    To get the current speed traps into one directory, you need to merge the speed files. This can be done easily with a spreedsheet or cut and pasting the cvs files together.
    Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
    599 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2006 :  15:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    I suspect that you could fit all the speedcams in one unit (I have about 16000 POIs and some have reported 22k) on a c320

In terms of managing the lists, it would be better to do it by region, and then users merge what they want.

POIEdit has a good append function, and (my personal favorite) can identify duplicate items within a certain range of each other ... eg 5 metres, 10 metres and easily cut them.

Redcloud, are you going to post a thread for your list?
    Go to Top of Page

cny_af32d

USA
    12 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2006 :  04:47:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    I just uploaded a new POI file for hockey rink locations in Upstate, NY. Specifically it includes 93 rinks from Buffalo to Albany and from the 1000 Islands to Binghamton. It should be very useful to a hockey parent of a travel player in New York.

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/CNY_AF32D_NY_Hockey_Rinks.zip
    Go to Top of Page

eddieras

USA
    257 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2006 :  13:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    wow! now can you do one for the chicago area??
    seriously, that is great work and i'm sure a welcomed addition to any hockey parent Upstate...
    Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2006 :  14:25:12  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
    Sounds good, could you repost by clicking on "new topic" in the new forums : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=170 ?

mors

USA
    157 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2006 :  16:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    I thought I had asked this, but it didn't seem to show up?!?!? Anyway, is there a problem with the Starbucks csv file? I downloaded it and didn't see anything wrong. So is there something wrong or is it something else? thanks
    Go to Top of Page

Alesi

Canada
    25 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2006 :  19:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Yes there is a problem with the Starbucks CSV. I wish whoever posted the file would fix the problem.

Mazda RX8
    iMAC G4, MBP 2.0 15inch
    Nuvi 350
    Go to Top of Page

beer

8 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2006 :  22:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Looking at the Starbucks file in Excel, there's problems on lines 530 and 531, 1005 & 1006, 1344 & 1345, 1538 & 1539, 2017 & 2018, some duplicates at 2731, 3203 & 3411, more problems at 3674-5, more duplicates at 4639+ & 4763+, 4799, 4811, 6468, 7553+, 7870 and probably some duplicates I missed.

I don't think duplicates will cause loading problems but those other lines mentioned surely will.

I haven't tested this fix yet...

Crimson Editor (free) will show line numbers for those who don't have Excel.

Hope this helps anyone that wants to manually clean them up.
    Go to Top of Page

beer

8 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2006 :  22:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    And forgive me if what I posted above was posted previously, I didn't read through all 22 pages of this thread...
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Previous Page | Next Page
     New Topic  Reply/Répondre
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 5,83 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05